Dayanto
    Dayanto

Coal Miner

• Members
  • 145 posts
  • Minecraft: Dayanto

Posted 17 November 2011 - 12:27 AM

POPULAR

The forge based version of Panorama Kit has now been released here. While many of the features have already been added, a few have not yet been implemented or simply haven't made it in. This thread will remain for anyone missing any particular feature, however it will no longer be recieving any updates from now on.
Posted Image

With this mod, you can quickly create accurate backgrounds for the main menu. If you want it to, it adds them to your texturepack directly. The mod also allow you to make panorama images of various types. With the help of Photoshop or GIMP, you can even make your world look like a planet! If you are interested in animation, you have the ability to make timelapses of anything that you can make an image of.

Compatibility

The mod edits edits the "GuiMainMenu" class (blq.class) to remove the blur from the the background. This class will probably conflict with any mod that changes the main menu. In case you're using such a mod, you can just skip this file. (remove it from the zip before you drag and drop) Doing so will not break anything. I might put it up as a separate download if it'is common, so please tell me if you do.

Installation
With the changes in the new launcher, I reccommend using Magic Launcher, but if you want to install the mod manually, follow the video in the spoiler.
Spoiler: Installing mods with new launcher (Video)
Spoiler: Old installation instructions (1.5 and older)

FAQ
  • Is this a Forge mod? No. It's compatible, but doesn't use Forge and putting the zip in your mods folder will do nothing.
  • Are your images in the wrong order? There's a fix for it in the "Known problems" section.

Downloads

Latest Version -
Download for Minecraft 1.6.2 (Forge compatible)
Download with removed background blur (not compatible with Forge)

Old Versions

Version History

v2.3.9 - [1.6.2]
  • Fixed output folders and file names to match the new resource pack structure. (so it's possible to just drag the folder into the pack again)

v2.3.8 - [1.6.1]+[1.6.2]
Due to changes in Minecraft, automatically adding backgrounds to resource packs has been temporarily disabled. Also, the ability to capture images larger than the screen has stopped working.

v2.3.7 - [1.5.2]
  • Fixed a bug that prevented a texture pack from being automatically selected again after replacing its background.
v2.3.6 - [1.4.7]+[1.5.1]
  • Background blur removal has also been added in.
v2.3.5 - [1.4.6]
In preparation for the next real version, the source code for 2.3.4 was lost. Instead, all the following updates build from 2.3.2. (Don't pay attention to the version numbers for the following few releases, they got messed up)
  • The ability to save backgrounds directly in a texture pack has been back added in.
Spoiler:

Videos

Spoiler: More Videos

Images
Spoiler:

General Info
  • Everything in the mod is accessed using the P-key.
  • When the mod captures the images, it does a bunch of changes, such as hiding the HUD, changing FoV and resolution. Don't panic! Everything gets restored when it's done.
  • Remember not to have any achievement messages open.
  • When you take any sort of image, remember to let the terrain load!
  • If you press escape, you will cancel taking images
  • If alt-tab out of minecraft, you will pause the image capturing.
Settings
  • Columns – How many screenshots that are taken while rotating 360 degrees horizontally. The more screenshots, the narrower each will be.
  • Rows – How many screenshots that are taken vertically for each horizontal. It works the same as with the columns, the more the smaller.
  • Resolution – The resolution is the same as both width and height of a single screenshot in a basic panorama panorama. When you increase the number of columns or rows, each screenshot will be narrower. Then instead, you can think of it as (roughly) a fourth of the width of the final image.
  • Time - If you take a single image, a delay will be added evenly between all the pieces, so the image takes the set time to make. If you instead have more images, each image will be taken as quickly as possible, but with delay between the images instead. If you set the time lower than what your computer can handle, the images will simply be rendered without delay.
  • Orientation – For horizontal panoramas the orientation is the leftmost point in the image. In the Panorama+ mode (and background mode), it is the ”center” of the image. (Try panorama+ with the Center setting to ”cross” and you will see where it is)
  • Toggle Manual Settings - Changes the buttons into textboxes or sliders, so you can choose any custom value.
  • Using the Textboxes:
    Spoiler:
The Different Modes
Note: This info is a bit old at the moment.

Backgrounds
Posted Image

Spoiler:

Horizontal Panorama - Panoramas, Timelapses and Planets
Posted Image

Spoiler:

Vertical Panorama
Posted Image

Spoiler:

Panorama+ - Three different types
Posted Image
Spoiler:

Screenshots
Posted Image
Spoiler:

Guides
Timelapse Image
Spoiler:

Timelapse Animation
Spoiler:

Planet/Well

Photoshop
Spoiler:

Future Updates
  • Complete rewrite of the mod.
  • Planets inside the mod.
  • Combining a lot of menus.
  • Removing the screenshot feature. (Sorry, but there are other mods that do the same thing. Mineshot, Camera Studio
To Do
  • The thread is a bit outdated, so I will try to clear it up once some of the new features have been implemented.
  • I am going to make a video about animated planets when I get time, but it has been it is currently put on hold while the mod is being developed more, (I have a few features I want in the mod before I do the video).
Known Problems/Bugs
  • If the images are not in the right order when you make a background. (The sky is below you in the menu) Changing the "Correction" setting in the mod settings should fix it.
    This is a common issue, but I still don't know what is causing it, so I'd be grateful for any ideas.

• If you get black lines whenever you capture images larger than the screen, there's no setting to fix it such as with the shifted images. It's most likely outside of my control. Updating Java could possibly help.
  • If your screen saver starts while you're capturing images, you might start getting NullPointerExceptions in the chat.
Support The Mod

[url=http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/792414-181panoramakit-capture-your-world/][img]http://i.imgur.com/fETUu.jpg[/img][/url]
Posted Image

Lastly
You may use the mod for anything want, (mod packs for example) except straight out stealing it. You don't have to ask for permission, but if you want to tell me what you are using it for, I'm all ears! Posted Image

If you find any bugs in the mod, faults in this thread or you have a suggestion, please write about it and I'll see what I can do! Posted Image

Constructive criticism is one thing I haven't gotten a lot of, so if there's anything you don't like about the mod, don't hesitate to write about it.
Posted Image

Register or log in to remove.

Vardrom
    Vardrom

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 12:30 AM

Hey this is a good idea but it is not that hard to do it manuly and it might cos lag to.

Deathkeeperx

Posted 17 November 2011 - 12:31 AM

This is boss!
Posted Image

kanokarob
    kanokarob

Ghast Hunter

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 2507 posts
  • Minecraft: kanokarob

Posted 17 November 2011 - 12:34 AM

You are my god.

Dayanto
    Dayanto

Coal Miner

• Members
  • 145 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 04:25 PM

View PostVardrom, on 17 November 2011 - 12:30 AM, said:

Hey this is a good idea but it is not that hard to do it manuly and it might cos lag to.

I agree that it isn't too difficult to do yourself, however doing it accurately takes time and effort. I don't think the mod will cause any lag while playing, since it doesn't do anything when it's not actively being used.
Posted Image

UK_Legend
  • Minecraft: xUK_Legendx

Posted 18 November 2011 - 02:33 AM

I installed this and caused the saving chunks error.

I deleted my minecraft folder, re-downloaded, installed this on it's own and minecraft freezes on login.

Any tips?

Edit. deleted my config folder, got it working, is just a conflict, my bad.

Dayanto
    Dayanto

Coal Miner

• Members
  • 145 posts

Posted 27 November 2011 - 12:39 PM

The mod is now updated to 1.0.0.
Posted Image

cnnoi33
    cnnoi33

Stone Miner

• Members
  • 71 posts

Posted 27 November 2011 - 01:18 PM

I love it.
Posted Image

frogboy316
  • Location: The Aperture Science Computer Aided Enrichment Center

Posted 27 November 2011 - 01:32 PM

I was just looking for an easier way to make my main-menu panorama, and here it is! Well done!
3DS Friend Code: 1203-9717-4852... PM me with your code if you add me!
Posted Image

Isaac_x
    Isaac_x

Blaze Extinguisher

• Members
  • 4580 posts
  • Minecraft: JamesDR

Posted 27 November 2011 - 02:00 PM

Holy £%&$!

Downloading!

If you ever inherit a large sum of money (A few thousand) and you inherit it when you're mentally immature, put it into your bank account and leave it there until you grow, trust me on this one.

Bockwurst
  • Minecraft: germanPorkchop

Posted 27 November 2011 - 02:00 PM

This is awesome!

Posted Image

antidust
    antidust

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 27 November 2011 - 02:03 PM

Whattt Theeeee ??????? Planet!@!!!@!@!@!!!
Posted Image

Dayanto
    Dayanto

Coal Miner

• Members
  • 145 posts

Posted 27 November 2011 - 11:11 PM

View Postcnnoi33, on 27 November 2011 - 01:18 PM, said:

Cool! I like how you made it. I've been thinking of adding vertical panoramas, but I've hesitated because I couldn't decide how I should make them. I have some ideas, and we'll see how it ends up like. It's on my to-do list now. :)

Here's a screenshot from my first test with in-game GUI. (Only the canel button does anything yet. ;))

Posted Image

PS. Is it just me or do you always have to refresh the page to get the images to resize? Maybe I have too many big images...
Posted Image

Isaac_x
    Isaac_x

Blaze Extinguisher

• Members
  • 4580 posts
  • Minecraft: JamesDR

Posted 27 November 2011 - 11:23 PM

When you add the Menu screen I'll do a showcase :)

If you ever inherit a large sum of money (A few thousand) and you inherit it when you're mentally immature, put it into your bank account and leave it there until you grow, trust me on this one.

Dayanto
    Dayanto

Coal Miner

• Members
  • 145 posts

Posted 27 November 2011 - 11:29 PM

View PostIsaac_x, on 27 November 2011 - 11:23 PM, said:

When you add the Menu screen I'll do a showcase :)
That would be really cool! I better start working harder! ;)
Posted Image

Dayanto
    Dayanto

Coal Miner

• Members
  • 145 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 09:14 AM

There's now a new version up! :D

I've added a new settings for controlling the number of separate images that the panorama is made up of. This allows you to make panoramas more like the ones you are used to seeing, that are much rounder. This means that there aren't any obvious cuts in the image and it's able to take good images at sunrise/sunset. It also takes good close-up/indoor panoramas without changing the field of view.

Posted Image

I decided to finish this feature before continuing with the GUI. I will also somewhere along the line throw in a vertical panorama mode which should have this new setting too.

If you want to read more about the setting, you can go here.
Posted Image

_unclemat95_
  • Minecraft: unclemat95

Posted 04 December 2011 - 08:49 PM

This is a great mod. I love it and it is really useful. Only complaint I have is that I keep getting a error.

Failed to save: java.lang.NullPointerException
What am I doing wrong?
Posted Image

_Blizzard
  • Minecraft: xxb1izzardxx

Posted 04 December 2011 - 10:16 PM

I got the same error as _unclemat95_

Ajordian
    Ajordian

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 03:51 AM

When using it i can't change my texture pack, was hoping to make one for my favorite pack XD.
And fix ?

Dayanto
    Dayanto

Coal Miner

• Members
  • 145 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 03:26 PM

View Post_unclemat95_, on 04 December 2011 - 08:49 PM, said:

This is a great mod. I love it and it is really useful. Only complaint I have is that I keep getting a error.

What am I doing wrong?
I've had errors like this before when you use too high resolutions and I've noticed that this type of errors seem to have become more common recently. I assumed it was the same error, but from your report it seems to be a new bug. Thanks for pointing it out, I'll look into it. :)

View PostAjordian, on 05 December 2011 - 03:51 AM, said:

When using it i can't change my texture pack, was hoping to make one for my favorite pack XD.
And fix ?

There shouldn't be any troubles. Are you using any mods? It's good to know about conflicts.
Posted Image