With this mod, you can quickly create accurate backgrounds for the main menu. If you want it to, it adds them to your texturepack directly. The mod also allow you to make panorama images of various types. With the help of Photoshop or GIMP, you can even make your world look like a planet! If you are interested in animation, you have the ability to make timelapses of anything that you can make an image of.
The mod edits edits the "GuiMainMenu" class (blq.class) to remove the blur from the the background. This class will probably conflict with any mod that changes the main menu. In case you're using such a mod, you can just skip this file. (remove it from the zip before you drag and drop) Doing so will not break anything. I might put it up as a separate download if it'is common, so please tell me if you do.
With the changes in the new launcher, I reccommend using Magic Launcher, but if you want to install the mod manually, follow the video in the spoiler.
- Is this a Forge mod? No. It's compatible, but doesn't use Forge and putting the zip in your mods folder will do nothing.
- Are your images in the wrong order? There's a fix for it in the "Known problems" section.
Latest Version -
Download for Minecraft 1.6.2 (Forge compatible)
Download with removed background blur (not compatible with Forge)
- Fixed output folders and file names to match the new resource pack structure. (so it's possible to just drag the folder into the pack again)
v2.3.8 - [1.6.1]+[1.6.2]
Due to changes in Minecraft, automatically adding backgrounds to resource packs has been temporarily disabled. Also, the ability to capture images larger than the screen has stopped working.
v2.3.7 - [1.5.2]
- Fixed a bug that prevented a texture pack from being automatically selected again after replacing its background.
- Background blur removal has also been added in.
In preparation for the next real version, the source code for 2.3.4 was lost. Instead, all the following updates build from 2.3.2. (Don't pay attention to the version numbers for the following few releases, they got messed up)
- The ability to save backgrounds directly in a texture pack has been back added in.
- Everything in the mod is accessed using the P-key.
- When the mod captures the images, it does a bunch of changes, such as hiding the HUD, changing FoV and resolution. Don't panic! Everything gets restored when it's done.
- Remember not to have any achievement messages open.
- When you take any sort of image, remember to let the terrain load!
- If you press escape, you will cancel taking images
- If alt-tab out of minecraft, you will pause the image capturing.
- Columns – How many screenshots that are taken while rotating 360 degrees horizontally. The more screenshots, the narrower each will be.
- Rows – How many screenshots that are taken vertically for each horizontal. It works the same as with the columns, the more the smaller.
- Resolution – The resolution is the same as both width and height of a single screenshot in a basic panorama panorama. When you increase the number of columns or rows, each screenshot will be narrower. Then instead, you can think of it as (roughly) a fourth of the width of the final image.
- Time - If you take a single image, a delay will be added evenly between all the pieces, so the image takes the set time to make. If you instead have more images, each image will be taken as quickly as possible, but with delay between the images instead. If you set the time lower than what your computer can handle, the images will simply be rendered without delay.
- Orientation – For horizontal panoramas the orientation is the leftmost point in the image. In the Panorama+ mode (and background mode), it is the ”center” of the image. (Try panorama+ with the Center setting to ”cross” and you will see where it is)
- Toggle Manual Settings - Changes the buttons into textboxes or sliders, so you can choose any custom value.
- Using the Textboxes:
Note: This info is a bit old at the moment.
Horizontal Panorama - Panoramas, Timelapses and Planets
Panorama+ - Three different types
- Complete rewrite of the mod.
- Planets inside the mod.
- Combining a lot of menus.
- Removing the screenshot feature. (Sorry, but there are other mods that do the same thing. Mineshot, Camera Studio
- The thread is a bit outdated, so I will try to clear it up once some of the new features have been implemented.
- I am going to make a video about animated planets when I get time, but it has been it is currently put on hold while the mod is being developed more, (I have a few features I want in the mod before I do the video).
- If the images are not in the right order when you make a background. (The sky is below you in the menu) Changing the "Correction" setting in the mod settings should fix it.
This is a common issue, but I still don't know what is causing it, so I'd be grateful for any ideas.
- If you get black lines whenever you capture images larger than the screen, there's no setting to fix it such as with the shifted images. It's most likely outside of my control. Updating Java could possibly help.
- If your screen saver starts while you're capturing images, you might start getting NullPointerExceptions in the chat.
You may use the mod for anything want, (mod packs for example) except straight out stealing it. You don't have to ask for permission, but if you want to tell me what you are using it for, I'm all ears!
If you find any bugs in the mod, faults in this thread or you have a suggestion, please write about it and I'll see what I can do!
Constructive criticism is one thing I haven't gotten a lot of, so if there's anything you don't like about the mod, don't hesitate to write about it.