• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

Minecraft is dead.

• Please log in to reply
132 replies to this topic

Martinrock007

Posted 16 November 2011 - 02:26 PM

First off, im not hating minecraft, but after the official realease its dead.
why? The Ender Dragon.
Be4 this, Minecraft was a game of only surviving. and now, its not. The thought of bosses are cool, but after killing the Ender dragon, i feel that the game is over. its sad as watching a goat cry at tuedays, but its like, wtf Notch?

What do u guys think of this?
Posted Image
Hewwo :3

Register or log in to remove.

cecilexplodes
  • Minecraft: cecilkrakken

Posted 16 November 2011 - 02:28 PM

Kill the dragon, take 70+ levels of xp and go back to surviving....

captain mastiff

Posted 16 November 2011 - 02:29 PM

I can see where you're going with this....

I partly agree, Minecraft to me was one of those games that had no aim other than to craft the world into what you wanted it to be. Now with a boss fight and an "End" it does feel like the game is pushing you in that direction to follow a storyline/aim/objective set by the developer. It's not long a sandbox game in my eyes, more of a RPG.
Posted Image

mrwormy
    mrwormy

End Dweller

• Members
  • 6711 posts
  • Minecraft: mrwormy

Posted 16 November 2011 - 02:29 PM

Enderdragon's just some stupid sidequest that I don't give a shit about.

RED DRAGONS will suck though, Since they'll be in the overworld. :L
"Only a few find the way, Some don't recognize it when they do. Some don't ever want to..." ~Cheshire cat.

RexBox1337
  • Location: Behind y- OKE THAT JOKE IS DEAD OKAY, STOP TELLING ME!

Posted 16 November 2011 - 02:30 PM

Its planned formore then 1 year now:

http://www.minecraft.net/community

Read it.
People call me Rex, and Rex is latin for king.
In other words, bring sum mur cupcak's.

Martinrock007

Posted 16 November 2011 - 02:31 PM

View Postcaptain mastiff, on 16 November 2011 - 02:29 PM, said:

I partly agree, Minecraft to me was one of those games that had no aim other than to craft the world into what you wanted it to be. Now with a boss fight and an "End" it does feel like the game is pushing you in that direction to follow a storyline/aim/objective set by the developer. It's not long a sandbox game in my eyes, more of a RPG.
So true.
Posted Image

Enderleaf
  • Minecraft: gigaminiremo

Posted 16 November 2011 - 02:31 PM

It gives the game a goal, sure. But once you beat it, you can explore the end, build houses, own the dragon egg. Spin around looking at every Enderman you see. You can go back home and build build build. You can go to your local stronghold and try to beat back a silverfish swarm with potions. Or, better yet, you could not find a Nether Fortress or a Stronghold and just go on normally. The game doesn't really end, and minecraft still has its charm.

You are surviving. You want to survive in the End, and the stupid powerful guardian won't let you. So you kill it, and life goes on.
With the release of my new adventure map, I am officially back. :D Now to head back to DragCave!

cecilexplodes

Posted 16 November 2011 - 02:32 PM

View Postcaptain mastiff, on 16 November 2011 - 02:29 PM, said:

You don't have to go, it is optional.  Your line of thinking is just like the communism hysteria of the 50s.  People are scared of minecraft losing the sandbox nature because a single battle no less optional than fighting zombies at night was implemented; in reality you can play the same world for years and years and never choose to fight anything.

Martinrock007

Posted 16 November 2011 - 02:33 PM

View PostRexBox1337, on 16 November 2011 - 02:30 PM, said:

Its planned formore then 1 year now:

http://www.minecraft.net/community

Read it.
I knew that it would come, but it sucks anyways.
This is only my opinion, u dont need to agree with me.

View PostEnderleaf, on 16 November 2011 - 02:31 PM, said:

It gives the game a goal, sure. But once you beat it, you can explore the end, build houses, own the dragon egg. Spin around looking at every Enderman you see. You can go back home and build build build. You can go to your local stronghold and try to beat back a silverfish swarm with potions. Or, better yet, you could not find a Nether Fortress or a Stronghold and just go on normally. The game doesn't really end, and minecraft still has its charm.

You are surviving. You want to survive in the End, and the stupid powerful guardian won't let you. So you kill it, and life goes on.

I really feel that this is the end of minecraft, but i know what ur saying . i at least hope that this is not the final boss, that it would be more bosses at least.
Posted Image

Sheltered

Posted 16 November 2011 - 02:38 PM

None of the more famous Lets play folks I've been watching has changed their goals. This new goal is just added to the list. Everyone I've seen are still talking about their base plans and how awsome it's going to be. The End dragon is treated more as a side quest.

It's different if you play hardcore or Iron man style. Then the end dragon have a larger focus and all things considered I think the game needed a greater goal. It's now up to you if you want to rush through to the finish or enjoy the game as you always have. This is what make it a sandbox game. Not the fact that you can move some blocks around.

captain mastiff

Posted 16 November 2011 - 02:39 PM

View Postcecilhowe, on 16 November 2011 - 02:32 PM, said:

You don't have to go, it is optional.  Your line of thinking is just like the communism hysteria of the 50s.  People being scared of minecraft losing the sandbox nature because a single battle no less optional than fighting zombies at night was implemented; in reality you can play the same world for years and years and never choose to fight anything.

Wow... that's quite a bold comparison there comparing my line of thinking to the a point in time when people were fearing a regime spanning across multiple countries causing countless deaths and the questionable treatment of human beings. A regime that encourage the thinking of hating the west and perhaps could of pushed further into a war enveloping most of the modernised world...

... but yeh I see how you got to that...

Though my point still stands... Minecraft never originally had an aim, just like GarrysMod it has no aim only to create something in the sandbox. So put those pitchfo... I mean that Hammer and Sickle away son and calm down with such ludicrous comparisons.
Posted Image

Mooster
    Mooster

Iron Miner

• Members
  • 263 posts
  • Minecraft: Mooster

Posted 16 November 2011 - 02:42 PM

You fought the dragon? How many hours a day are you playing? Perhaps it is time that you go outside and go have some fun under the sun or go out drinking with friends.

Better yet, give yourself a challenge. Do something like Paul's Man vs. Minecraft or other things that people have found interesting to do.

Not only that, do Hardcore Mode. Fight your way to the Ender dragon without dying once.
Posted Image

blake_ch

Posted 16 November 2011 - 02:42 PM

It gives an objective for those who want.

I've never been to the end and will probably never go there, because i don't care.

I would have prefer that  :iapprove: spent time on features that really fit to minecraft... because minecraft was all about mine... and craft!

ThordanSsoa

Posted 16 November 2011 - 02:43 PM

I personally disagree with the statement, "Having a boss/endgame killed/is killing Minecraft". However, if the game begins to push players towards this as a sort of Ultimate Goal, I might begin to feel as such. In the meantime, I hope more bosses become implemented, so that the Ender Dragon becomes less of a novelty. Maybe even one that's even harder if Notch ever feels like adding to the endgame narrative. But in the end, idc as long as I can still play the way I always have without necessarily worrying about the Ender Dragon.

That's my opinion, anyone who cares to can disagree or debate me if you like. That's your opinion and you're entitled to it.

"BTW is made in the spirit that Minecraft, like bondage, gets better as you become more restrained."

NakedFury

Posted 16 November 2011 - 02:45 PM

Many people here are throwing around the rpg so casually and using it the wrong way.

Role Playing Game. Yes Minecraft is an RPG in that you are role playing a survivor, miner, builder, slayer, cook, farmer, etc.

Right now the game has no end. Until you do something in the game that doesnt let you play and credits start rolling from the bottom of the screen then there is no end.

Stop bitching.

cecilexplodes

Posted 16 November 2011 - 02:47 PM

View Postcaptain mastiff, on 16 November 2011 - 02:39 PM, said:

Wow... that's quite a bold comparison there comparing my line of thinking to the a point in time when people were fearing a regime spanning across multiple countries causing countless deaths and the questionable treatment of human beings. A regime that encourage the thinking of hating the west and perhaps could of pushed further into a war enveloping most of the modernised world...

Though my point still stands... Minecraft never originally had an aim, just like GarrysMod it has no aim only to create something in the sandbox. So put those pitchfo... I mean that Hammer and Sickle away son and calm down with such ludicrous comparisons.

You mistook my correlation in leaps and bounds; I simply refer to the fact that in the 50s the public became hysterically afraid of people that weren't doing anything wrong.  Kind of like how a portion of the minecraft community is hysterically afraid of something they don't have to bother with.

BrennanZ
  • Minecraft: Baz621

Posted 16 November 2011 - 02:48 PM

I have said this already but it's just another goal to achieve. One of your goals might be build a house or  build a nether portal. And, once you complete the goals you set for yourself you set another one. Killing the boss is just another goal and it's completely optional. If you don't want to you don't have to. And once you've killed it you can just go back the the over world and just keeping surviving.
Posted Image
"I can see a beautiful sunset rendering in the distance."

ThordanSsoa

Posted 16 November 2011 - 02:49 PM

View Postcaptain mastiff, on 16 November 2011 - 02:39 PM, said:

Just throwin this out there, communism isn't a bad thing. I hate to derail a thread, but this is a misconception which drives me nuts. Perhaps some governments that were communist did horrible things, but that shouldn't condemn the system of government as a whole. In and of itself communism is a wonderful idea, just difficult to implement without room for exploitation. I think what it was trying to do was actually a great thing.

"BTW is made in the spirit that Minecraft, like bondage, gets better as you become more restrained."

David184

Posted 16 November 2011 - 02:49 PM

am not sure if he is trolling or what... just kill dragon go back to world and start surviving like before... as cecilhowe said.....
and i thing if you hate ender world then DONT GO IN IT or avoid it but dont say its dead...

Sorry for my bad english

if you want to tell me something use quote!

captain mastiff

Posted 16 November 2011 - 02:52 PM

View PostNakedFury, on 16 November 2011 - 02:45 PM, said:

Many people here are throwing around the rpg so casually and using it the wrong way.

Role Playing Game. Yes Minecraft is an RPG in that you are role playing a survivor, miner, builder, slayer, cook, farmer, etc.

Right now the game has no end. Until you do something in the game that doesnt let you play and credits start rolling from the bottom of the screen then there is no end.

Stop bitching.

I see... you had some credibility in your post until you said stop bitching.

So you are saying any game that doesn't stop after the "end" isn't completed/finished/ended. So all those GTAs I thought I completed... Every single game I've played to the end, in fact Mafia 2 is the only one I know that realistically fits into your criteria where it freezes you out of the game when the credits roll.

People aren't bitching but are showing concerns to the development of the game, I think that's what a Beta is all about. If people were bitching it would be like, Yo u skanky ass ho y u takin my freedum beatch.

Edit:

View PostThordanSsoa, on 16 November 2011 - 02:49 PM, said:

Just throwin this out there, communism isn't a bad thing. I hate to derail a thread, but this is a misconception which drives me nuts. Perhaps some governments that were communist did horrible things, but that shouldn't condemn the system of government as a whole. In and of itself communism is a wonderful idea, just difficult to implement without room for exploitation. I think what it was trying to do was actually a great thing.

Just throwing this out there... I didn't say it was a bad thing. I just threw some facts in at my disgust for him comparing my comment to a regime associated with thousands of deaths, incarceration of innocent people and the lack of human rights for countless people among other things. We just need to look at the likes of Budapest that suffered such a regime and the inhabitants that went through living hell because of it... though I never said "Communism is bad" did I, I just said some negative facts about it? Ok cool dude... so don't jump to it claiming I misconceived it, if I anything I totally understood it and threw out some down sides of it, amirite?
Posted Image