Register or log in to remove.

Jake Von
    Jake Von

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1070 posts
  • Minecraft: JakeVon

Posted 21 July 2012 - 10:09 AM

Only four of those mobs could even be considered undead, so how is it necromancy?
It's hard criticizing ideas when one is tired, so you'd better appreciate it when I criticize yours.

Gameguy602
  • Minecraft: Gameguy602

Posted 21 July 2012 - 10:22 AM

View PostJellomob, on 10 July 2012 - 08:38 PM, said:

Fire charges are non-renewable

False. Fire charges can use either coal, which is not renewable, or charcoal, which is.
If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the precipitate.

Jellomob
    Jellomob

Nether Resident

• Members
  • 2054 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 10:25 AM

View PostGameguy602, on 21 July 2012 - 10:22 AM, said:

False. Fire charges can use either coal, which is not renewable, or charcoal, which is.

Yeah I forgot about that.

When they were first introduced they could only be crafted with coal. I figured that it was still the case when I posted that.

Posted Image

WE NEED CODERS! Come over to our forum and help out with the All Dem Dimensions mod! http://alldemdimensi....php?f=23&t=613

Lunchguy

Posted 21 July 2012 - 10:27 AM

View PostGameguy602, on 21 July 2012 - 10:22 AM, said:

The idea of using fire charges was only because it makes it use something other than things dropped from the mob used in the recipe. This is so that you can't just camp a blaze spawner and be able to make a giant blaze army.

Jellomob
    Jellomob

Nether Resident

• Members
  • 2054 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 10:33 AM

View PostLunchguy, on 21 July 2012 - 10:27 AM, said:

The idea of using fire charges was only because it makes it use something other than things dropped from the mob used in the recipe. This is so that you can't just camp a blaze spawner and be able to make a giant blaze army.

Well, I have other things set in place to prevent that anyways.

You need a doll to be able to craft a blaze in the first place, and dolls are rather rare. Since the dolls are consumed in the making of the mob, you can only have as many mobs as you have dolls.

The way I see it, you would be lucky to get just one doll, they would be as rare as apples used to be when they could only be found in dungeons.

You also need XP to create the mob, that prevents any abuse of the system as well, though I suppose you could just make and XP grinder to get around that.

Posted Image

WE NEED CODERS! Come over to our forum and help out with the All Dem Dimensions mod! http://alldemdimensi....php?f=23&t=613

peppertyce
  • Minecraft: peppertyce

Posted 22 July 2012 - 05:50 PM

I like this idea but i think it should just be a mod instead of being put into vanilla.
Posted Image
"All hail Lelouch." "I Lelouch Vi Britannia order you, DIE!

Shadioux
    Shadioux

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 15 posts
  • Minecraft: pudley333

Posted 21 August 2012 - 09:15 PM

View PostZoju, on 16 November 2011 - 08:26 PM, said:

If all of this would get implemented, the game would have too much emphasis on controlling the undead, which would overshadow the rest of the features. With all these features, controlling undead would be inevitable in the endgame, whether we like bothering with it or not. I would not like to see this in the game, but it'd make a pretty badass mod.

Input: The way I can see this getting in the vanilla game would include a new craftable item, Black Pearls (or whatever). It could be made with 1 Ender Pearl and 3 Ghast Tears (that's how I imagine it, but I leave the details to the devs), making it rare and valuable. This item could be used to hit or throw at undead enemies (no slimes, creepers, Endermen, and for gameplay reasons, no ghasts) which would turn them friendly towards you the same way wolves can be. Everything else would be the same as with wolves, they attack what you attacked, you can tell them to stay, etc.  I think this way the feature wouldn't cause too much trouble and their use wouldn't be neither mandatory or overpowered.

Actually, although this is a great idea, it would overshadow everything else. Perhaps these necro dolls are only avaliable after defeating the Enderdragon, or you have to have completed all the achievements, or something like that. That being said, there should be a limit on how many you can have out at a time. Like, you can't have ten Endermen carrying chests and an ender chest in your inventory when you're mining, as that would be entirely stupid. Or perhaps you'd have to earn the power to do so; like defeating __ number of enemies with your creatures before you can have out __ many creatures. But it's still a great idea.

Posted Image

Mrdiamonds
  • Minecraft: Sup_Trooper
  • Xbox:What's an Xbox?

Posted 21 August 2012 - 09:42 PM

I am serious. Someone make a mod or I'll rage. RAGE AND GO SPONTANEUS COMBUSTION. TOOO MUCH WANNNT.

*Screams due to idea being MUCH too epic. Someone make a *CENSORED*ing mod. NOW!*

But the sand and rocks here, stained with thousands of years of bakery... They will remember us. For this. Because out of our vast array of recipes, this is the one we choose for ourselves. We go forward like steam exhaled from the oven. With sugar in our veins and one taste in mind. We'll. Bake. Cookies.
-Mrdiamonds

Tom Marvelo Riddle
  • Location: Chamber of Secrets, Hogwarts - School of Witchcraft and Wizardy
  • Minecraft: Swiftphantom

Posted 23 August 2012 - 01:11 AM

Jello. Not sure if you've noticed by now, but I sent you a sprite for the doll.

Oh and this is a brilliant idea that I would love.

Good job!
That's Tom Marvelo Riddle. With the typo.

Lord_Poring_III

Posted 23 August 2012 - 08:54 AM

I like the idea of having a zombie pigmen army protecting all of your valuables

AbnormalSloth
  • Minecraft: Absloth

Posted 23 August 2012 - 01:07 PM

I would prefer this as a mod instead of a put in vanilla minecraft, but otherwise that I like it :3
Posted Image

Mumbo_McBurger
  • Minecraft: Mumbo_McBurger

Posted 09 October 2012 - 12:22 AM

this+mob talker mod=SO MUCH WIN

PLZ make this a mod! Somebody, anybody!

Mankill586
  • Minecraft: mankill586

Posted 09 October 2012 - 02:12 AM

View PostJellomob, on 16 November 2011 - 03:43 AM, said:

thank you!  :)
  sooo dude what are we gonna do about this implementation? we got to make a community tweet man let's get on it.
webkit-fake-url://03C18D4B-F432-4165-A463-23BEE3986BF4/1455408-super-large-idea-movement-improvement.png

Mathy
    Mathy

Matherator

• Sectional Moderator
  • 3535 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 02:48 AM

extremely well thought out, not too op. Well done sir!

Fermat said:

I have discovered a truly remarkable proof of this, which this margin is too small to contain.

TenebraeAeternae

Posted 22 November 2012 - 05:29 AM

Hmm...

I like the general idea, but not the path in which you've taken. You seem to have combined Voodoo with the fantasy varient of Necromancy, which is fine...but I think that a less voodoo oriented item would be far better suited for the idea when you incorperate a crafting system as you have here. Basically, just toss aside the voodoo element and take a completely fantasy oriented Necromancy path.

In combination to that, I wouldn't give players the ability to ressurect mobs...but rather, give them the ability to combine these items into new undead creatures. The combinations could be endless...with rarer materials granting the potential to construct deadly monstrocities of which bring forth shudders in the hearts of others.

- Slime Balls and Rotten Flesh could create grotesqly bloated zombie-like creatures that timy vomit slime blocks onto the player.
- Bones and rooten flesh could create lanky ghouls of which attacked with vicious claws...but were much faster than zombies, running on all fours like dogs.

So on and so forth.

Basically, I'd like to see this going in a more unique direction...but your general idea gets my support. I like the idea of crafting undead creatures...just, not what we currently have. I'd rather them be new patchwork creatures...new nightmares.

Also, as someone else suggested, the only way this would be incorperated is if other magic was brought into the game as well...to take the emphasis off Necromancy being a primary feature. These things, magic and Necromancy, should be something exceedingly rare to obtain...like what you had done with the doll...something rare you need. A core of some sort, I just rather it be something different than the doll.

ALL personal perference of course, just tossing my opinions out there. :)

Tizorna
    Tizorna

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1055 posts
  • Minecraft: 000

Posted 22 November 2012 - 06:15 AM

Pretty cool idea i like it.
*The Creator of the Rotator thread* (over 90% Support) Click the Rotator picture to Find out more info*Posted Image

The_Pastmaster
  • Minecraft: The_Pastmaster

Posted 22 November 2012 - 06:45 AM

While I support this thread there is a thing I object to that I have seen a few people do in this thread: Link this and/or the doll to Voodoo. (I'm gonna go off-topic for a sec here) The Voodoo religion has taken a lot of undeserved rap over the years. Like the necromancy and voodoo dolls thing. Well, they didn't actually use voodoo dolls. That's a Christian Missionary fabrication to deionize the practitioners because at the time everyone knew that the only one using "voodoo" dolls where witches. In Europe. So please leave the Voodoo and Vodou religions out of it. Posted Image If you want to know what they really do then look up Louisiana Voodoo and Haitian Vodou on wikipedia. Posted Image[/Off-Topic]

That said I really like this addition. I've always been fascinated by necromancy (Not that I've tried raising the dead. Posted Image) as a concept and I do hope that some element to this gets added in Minecraft. (Zombie Castle Guardians anyone?) Something that should be cool with this is the the ability to equip mobs with armour and weapons part. Like... A creeper in iron armour. That would be fun to see. Visually interesting.
Venit, quessit, induravit.

If you have any questions feel free to drop me a PM, it's what I'm here for. :)

TenebraeAeternae

Posted 22 November 2012 - 07:38 AM

View PostThe_Pastmaster, on 22 November 2012 - 06:45 AM, said:

While I support this thread there is a thing I object to that I have seen a few people do in this thread: Link this and/or the doll to Voodoo. (I'm gonna go off-topic for a sec here) The Voodoo religion has taken a lot of undeserved rap over the years. Like the necromancy and voodoo dolls thing. Well, they didn't actually use voodoo dolls. That's a Christian Missionary fabrication to deionize the practitioners because at the time everyone knew that the only one using "voodoo" dolls where witches. In Europe. So please leave the Voodoo and Vodou religions out of it. Posted Image If you want to know what they really do then look up Louisiana Voodoo and Haitian Vodou on wikipedia. Posted Image[/Off-Topic]

That said I really like this addition. I've always been fascinated by necromancy (Not that I've tried raising the dead. Posted Image) as a concept and I do hope that some element to this gets added in Minecraft. (Zombie Castle Guardians anyone?) Something that should be cool with this is the the ability to equip mobs with armour and weapons part. Like... A creeper in iron armour. That would be fun to see. Visually interesting.

Voodoo dolls are popular in New Orleans Voodoo and Hoodoo.

That aside, the concept of Voodoo Dolls are pretty ingrained into the steriotypical perception of such, and while Vodou is actually a pretty positive spiritual practice, the Voodoo Doll will, forever, remain attributed to such due to its use in New Orleans. That's simply what I was meaning.

I'd rather see this take a more fantasy turn towards Necromancy, rather than incorperate elements of Vodou...be it steriotypical or not.

The_Pastmaster
  • Minecraft: The_Pastmaster

Posted 22 November 2012 - 07:43 AM

View PostTenebraeAeternae, on 22 November 2012 - 07:38 AM, said:

Voodoo dolls are popular in New Orleans Voodoo and Hoodoo.

That aside, the concept of Voodoo Dolls are pretty ingrained into the steriotypical perception of such, and while Vodou is actually a pretty positive spiritual practice, the Voodoo Doll will, forever, remain attributed to such due to its use in New Orleans. That's simply what I was meaning.

I'd rather see this take a more fantasy turn towards Necromancy, rather than incorperate elements of Vodou...be it steriotypical or not.

Yes, I forgot to mention that. >_< They incorporated it later. :P I was speaking of the origins of it.

I whole heartedly agree. ^_^
Venit, quessit, induravit.

If you have any questions feel free to drop me a PM, it's what I'm here for. :)