• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

how do you download someone else's world?

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

hbchris11

Posted 13 November 2010 - 05:33 PM

I have no idea how to, but I want to download my friends. he gave me the file, but how do I do it?

Register or log in to remove.

N0torious

Posted 13 November 2010 - 05:37 PM

Go to a public server (that you have admin in) hit the Esc button and click Load level, then find the file.

hbchris11

Posted 13 November 2010 - 05:38 PM

N0torious said:

Go to a public server (that you have admin in) hit the Esc button and click Load level, then find the file.

what does that mean.

MetroidFiss
  • Minecraft: MetroidFiss

Posted 13 November 2010 - 05:48 PM

Alpha or Classic?
"When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"―Cave Johnson

hbchris11

Posted 14 November 2010 - 04:08 PM

MetroidFiss said:

Alpha or Classic?

alpha

Banpower1

Posted 14 November 2010 - 05:14 PM

if you have his world, it should be a normal folder called "World" followed by a number, to insert into your own game first rename it to a world number you haven't used yet (example, i have world 1,2 and 5 used for my own games, i would rename it to "World3" or "World4" for my own use)
and then hit the windows key+R type in %appdata% and hit enter, open the .minecraft folder and then the folder named saves, place the gamesave in there (if you dont have the gamesave yet, this is where it can be found)

hbchris11

Posted 14 November 2010 - 07:33 PM

Banpower1 said:

if you have his world, it should be a normal folder called "World" followed by a number, to insert into your own game first rename it to a world number you haven't used yet (example, i have world 1,2 and 5 used for my own games, i would rename it to "World3" or "World4" for my own use)
and then hit the windows key+R type in %appdata% and hit enter, open the .minecraft folder and then the folder named saves, place the gamesave in there (if you dont have the gamesave yet, this is where it can be found)

and if i have a mac?

Banpower1

Posted 14 November 2010 - 07:53 PM

"On the Mac, saves are located in ~/Library/Application Support/minecraft where "~" is your username (Your User or Home folder)." -http://www.minecraftforum.net/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=21997 second post (found it through google)

NoModWithCoD

Posted 17 November 2010 - 03:33 PM

this is a very simple thing to do once you have download the file of which you want make sure its in a zip file it will have a bunch of bookspuple and blue.
steps to do this

1.start with the zip file right click and selct "extract here.
2.go to the start at the bottome left of the screen.
3.on the light blue section there will be run.(for vista and 7 just search "run")
4.type in %appdata%
5.click the .mincraft folder
6.next click the saves folder
7. drag the file you got from step 1 to that folder.
8. Subscribe to my youtube for more help   www.youtube.com/slapinthefacefilms01
9.play the world~~!!!~
(if the world number is a world you already have in the place for ex
you download a world1 and you have a world there simple change the number to a different one(:    )

Steviejeans

Posted 04 April 2011 - 10:47 PM

When I Downloaded A World The Zip Came With 4 Things...1 Folder and 3 files. (Region folder and level.dat, level.dat_old, and session.lock) what do i do with them?
Posted Image

Banpower1

Posted 04 April 2011 - 11:38 PM

wha happend to your files is that someone packed it wrong, just throw all of the 4 files (3 files and the folder to be exact) inside a folder wich you name whatever you like for a world name (this topic was before minecraft supported user chosen world names) :P

Steviejeans

Posted 05 April 2011 - 01:39 AM

It Supposed to have the Titanic in it but wen i put them in a Folder i named World3 and start it i start in the water and its nowhere to be found :Sheep:
Posted Image

Banpower1

Posted 05 April 2011 - 11:10 AM

if you had the 3 files + the region folder in a folder inside the saves folder you should be seeing the contents of the map, if you are unable to find a ship as stated, then perhaps there was no ship in the first place :/

Steviejeans

Posted 05 April 2011 - 09:17 PM

My guess is that the place i spawn (Under Water) in a BIG Ocean area is where the ship is supposed to be...but its not there and i commented on his youtube video about it and this is what he responded with:

"This problem is only to you at Sun The card works with each other, sorry."

What does THAT mean?! Lol
Posted Image

Steviejeans

Posted 06 April 2011 - 02:39 AM

Also lets say...I have a MAIN world and theres someone elses world with something i want in mine for instance the Titanic i was gonna put on a separate world. If i wanted it in my MAIN world (World1) could i download other ppls stuf and put them ALL on one world or do i hav to use a different slot for everything i download?
Posted Image

AwesomePdudE
  • Minecraft: AwesomePdudE

Posted 25 April 2011 - 11:20 AM

In Alpha, you download a world, go to your downloads folder, and go to %appdata% in start. It brings you to roaming, go to .minecraft, and then drag the save file into the "saves" folder
On mac, just do library/application support/minecraft/saves paste file
I work often with Kochachi1 on YouTube, starting up (again) very soon.  youtube.com/Kochachi1
Posted Image

Reagan
    Reagan

Carpenter

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 25 April 2011 - 11:44 AM

*comments for post count* yeah, i can't do it either... but i'm on BETA 1.5

TheBrownWanderer
  • Minecraft: TheBrownWanderer

Posted 03 August 2011 - 11:05 PM

Go to How to play on someone else's save file on minecraft you will Know