Okay, so basically how this works is that I'm modding the game to make it more like the reality-bending video game, Sburb, in the MSPA adventure, Homestuck. If you do not know what Homestuck is, then go here. OK, did you read it all yet? Of course you didn't, it's like a gazillion pages long. Come back here in a couple months when you have.
Right, now that's out of the way, let's get to the actual functionality of the mod. This first release of the mod will basically provide a new way to craft items. A convoluted, roundabout way of crafting items. It's called Punch-Card Alchemy. And here's how it's done:
1. Craft a stack of Captchalogue Cards. Four papers in a square makes 8 Cards.
2. Captchalogue an item. To do this, you basically craft an item on top of a Card, and then get that item inside a card. Isn't this so simple?
3. Extrude some Cruxite Dowels from a Cruxtuder. Right-clicking on your cruxtuder ejects one Cruxite Dowel.
4. Read the code on the back of your Captchalogue Cards. You do this by looking down at it, kind of like a map. Each item has its own Captcha Code on the back of the Card, made up of the characters
0123456789abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyzABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ!?For example, a Diamond Sword would be
VNL!t!?!Looking at an Empty Captchalogue Card will show up as
000000005. Stick any Card (it doesn't matter which) into a Punch Designix and type in the code (this time it does matter which) from the back of the card you want the item from. The Designix punches the code into the card in a pattern, similar to the way the first computers read data. Once you punch the Card, you will not be able to access the item inside.
6. Stick the Punched Card and a Cruxite Dowel (you still have those, right) into a Totem Lathe. The Lathe reads the data from the Punched Card and carves a totem-like pattern into the Cruxite.
7. Kill a bunch of mobs. Mobs will drop, along with their normal items, different types of Grist. Build Grist, Shale, and more can be used in this process.
8. Stick the Totem into an Alchemiter to create your item! Well, sort of. Each item costs different amounts and types of Grist. Certain items require more and rarer types of Grist than others.
That's how you DUPLICATE an item. Crafting new ones are a whole other story. There are two ways to combine items using this process.
1. Stick two cards into the Totem Lathe. The holes will overlap, thus creating a different item. This process is represented by the symbol &&
2. Punch a card twice in the Designix with two different codes. This will make make a different item, but one that is completely different than the && process. This process is therefore represented by the symbol ||.
For example, Diamond(LL4ma!?q) and a Stone Sword(U7Lkt!lh) can be combined in both ways to form very different results. Diamond || Sword=Diamond Sword(VNL!t!?!), while Diamond && Sword= I dunno, a Sword Diamond(K54Wa!lW), which looks like a Diamond but is used as a Stone Sword. Or something.
As you can see, this is potentially a very very complicated mod. And I really am not that good at coding. I can do basic stuff, like items or basic blocks, but nothing like this. Also, I'm having a bit of trouble fitting a 16x16 item into the image of a Captchalogue Card. It should look something like this:, but that unfortunately does not translate as well into the other items, and the blocks. So yeah! This is a big mod, and I'm going to need a lot of help with this. Now, who's with me?
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
PLANS FOR THIS MOD:
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
MSPA, Sburb, and Homestuck are all copyrights of Andrew Hussie and his affiliates