Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

Minecraft - For the Wii

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

Fawnmari0
  • Minecraft: Fawnmari0

Posted 15 November 2011 - 05:07 PM

I would like to get together a bunch of elite coders that know there stuff. and we will write new codeing for minecraft on the wii,s homebrew channel if u are up to the channel contact me or write on this blog/and to the peaple reading this i wont call it minecraft either DUH i could get in trouble

Register or log in to remove.

gtrac3r08
  • Minecraft: gtrac3r08

Posted 15 November 2011 - 05:07 PM

it would be way to complicated to run it with the motion
Posted Image

Rasmus_koto

Posted 15 November 2011 - 05:09 PM

Good luck. Looking forward to playing Minecraft on my Wii xD

michielcx

Posted 15 November 2011 - 05:10 PM

Lol, good idea but I think this will be too complicated.

chocoblast2
  • Minecraft: chocoblast2

Posted 15 November 2011 - 05:10 PM

View Postgtrac3r08, on 15 November 2011 - 05:07 PM, said:

it would be way to complicated to run it with the motion
Not extremely. If you've ever played any FPS on the Wii it really isn't that bad at all. Basicly you have a set box that you can move the cursor in without the screen moving, but once you get closer to the edge it would move.
Posted Image

Joontte
    Joontte

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 226 posts
  • Minecraft: DIGGER_BOB

Posted 15 November 2011 - 05:12 PM

That is not allowed, you have to contact MOJANG first, because they have copyrighted MINECRAFT
Why care about a signature with such an epic profile picture?

badwolf2407
  • Minecraft: badwolf2407

Posted 15 November 2011 - 05:13 PM

View PostJoontte, on 15 November 2011 - 05:12 PM, said:

That is not allowed, you have to contact MOJANG first, because they have copyrighted MINECRAFT

well it would just be a minecraft clone and they wouldn't use the name minecraft (shrugs) theres a minecraft clone on the xbox ass well
Posted Image

Joontte
    Joontte

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 226 posts
  • Minecraft: DIGGER_BOB

Posted 15 November 2011 - 05:15 PM

View Postbadwolf2407, on 15 November 2011 - 05:13 PM, said:

well it would just be a minecraft clone and they wouldn't use the name minecraft (shrugs) theres a minecraft clone on the xbox ass well
If you read the post again, it says Minecraft for wii. Nothing about changing name.
And btw, i hate the xbox version
Why care about a signature with such an epic profile picture?

Fawnmari0

Posted 15 November 2011 - 05:16 PM

View Postbadwolf2407, on 15 November 2011 - 05:13 PM, said:

THANK you finaly someone understands i want to make a clone for the homebrew channel

Higuyby
    Higuyby

Stone Miner

• Members
  • 75 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 05:19 PM

Mojang wont allow it since they are already preparing for Minecraft 1.0, Minecon, Minecraft 360 (My little name for it), and Minecraft: Pocket Edition Touch. And besides, no expert codder can get that done in a couple of months. It would take two years (Estimate amount)

Fawnmari0

Posted 15 November 2011 - 05:38 PM

but if anyone wants to help and is good with codeing please feel free to ask

Loafofcheese
  • Minecraft: Loafofcheese

Posted 15 November 2011 - 09:23 PM

If we can't have a civil and formal discussion, then this suggestion is not going anywhere.
Kirzlecast PvP and creative server admin

ipeacerich

Posted 15 November 2011 - 09:47 PM

I don't think u know how much work is needed to get this done, and i really don't think u'll ever find someone who would do this for free. Sorry.
Posted Image

RANKSHANK
  • Minecraft: RANKSHANK

Posted 16 November 2011 - 04:58 AM

These people arent being dicks- they're watching over you legally. Theres a lot of issues there- like if you made a version of Legend of Zelda for the PS3 or 360- Nintendo would rain molten lead down your throat in the form of a giant law suit. These companies are out to make a profit. And from what you said you'd be copying some code which would make it even more of a copyright infringement- the team for the minecraft on x-box is either a branch of mojang or has gotten ALOT of legal support for it- Id recommend taking a different approach or something to make it a different game. like ahem MoonCraft- just do a better job than that lol
Posted Image

misson20000
  • Minecraft: misson20000

Posted 16 November 2011 - 11:44 PM

PEOPLE!!!! ALL YOU NEED TO DO IS GET JAVA RUNNING ON THE WII. It can't POSSIBLY be that hard. Java runs on pretty much ANYTHING. Just, get java running on wii, hook up usb keyboard and mouse, run the default jar, and BAM! Minecraft for wii!And, ipeacerich, I will do it for free.

View PostSomebody named Pitzik4 said:

Hi

C_Natalius
  • Minecraft: colorznatalius

Posted 17 November 2011 - 01:21 AM

On the creative side I think the wiimote in combination with the nunchuck would be a noyce combination.
Wii mote acts as a mouse, nunchuck's for walking.
Nunchuck has two button's on wich mining/placement could be assigned on.
Wii mote has the d-pad for scrolling through inventory.
z-button could be assigned for jumping, a and b for sprinting/crouching?

Did I forget any important actions in regular minecraft?
Applesauce
Posted Image

Nemesis213

Posted 30 March 2012 - 09:25 PM

for one my psp playes a homebrew called "lamecraft" VERY similar to the classic mc.... second: minecraft is based/inspired from a game called infiniminer... so copywrite isnt an issue, not gonna debate this its a fact, say its "inspired" by infiniminer :P.. also google "minetest" open source and written in c (i believe infiniminer is c also, could be wrong :P)... so no the wii doesnt need java.. it CAN be done if the right person had interest in making it....

View PostRANKSHANK, on 16 November 2011 - 04:58 AM, said:

like if you made a version of Legend of Zelda for the PS3 or 360- Nintendo would rain molten lead down your throat in the form of a giant law suit...

like the zelda ROTH series???
Posted Image

Nemesis213

Posted 31 March 2012 - 06:46 AM

View Postmisson20000, on 16 November 2011 - 11:44 PM, said:

PEOPLE!!!! ALL YOU NEED TO DO IS GET JAVA RUNNING ON THE WII. It can't POSSIBLY be that hard. Java runs on pretty much ANYTHING. Just, get java running on wii, hook up usb keyboard and mouse, run the default jar, and BAM! Minecraft for wii!And, ipeacerich, I will do it for free.
sooo ur gonna write a java interpreter for the wii? i would love to see it Posted Image and yes im a sceptic sometimes myself Posted Image

edit: sorry for the double post... if someone could merge them i would appreciate :P
Posted Image

PixelatedGambino

Posted 31 March 2012 - 04:11 PM

View Postmisson20000, on 16 November 2011 - 11:44 PM, said:

Well...you can't just GEt JAVA to run on anything...Do you know why it runs on so many things? Cause it is supported by the hardware/ software/ kernel/ userspace of the machine. Java is not supported by the Wii's kernel or by its hardware! Wii does not use XNu it does not use a sole linux derivative, and it doesn't use intel or win32 win 64 processors and pre processors. So java is not compatable. Unless....You make an interpreter in whatever language wii is coded in, I'm guessing C/C++ maybe some scheme or basic aswell....but basic isn't evr really used... but anyways, unless you made and interpreter in C/C++ That took you java code and turned it into c/c++ code...it's impossible... AND making a homebrew java interpreter Normally takes 50,000+ lines of code! Trust me..I've made some languages. So your wrong. And simply getting the java runtime envirorment on the wii, won't make minecraft work. period.

Just for the sole Interpreter.java file . Not counting all the other hundereds of files used to make a interpreter!
Posted Image

snuggles08

Posted 08 June 2012 - 07:02 PM

make it make it for the wii