Hey guys, we have recently started a smaller website hosting plan which is free in order to help the smaller Minecraft communities grow. The specifications on the plan are small, but when running a small website you don't need to have a beefy website plan. With this you can upgrade anytime to any other packages (smallest is $2.95, largest is $9.95, all prices USD).
The hosting lasts for 90 days for the pure fact that I don't want to hand monitor all of the free hosts and make sure they're using their hosting. This plan does not come with support either, that being said, if it comes to the end of your 90 day period, post a support ticket to have it extended.
I don't have a domain, how can I get hosting?
Don't fret, there are plenty of free domain TLD's out there (in the below example, we'll be using http://domain.co.cc)
How to get a free domain with .co.cc
1) Direct your browser to http://domain.co.cc
2) Once there you will see a box that says www. [textbox] .co.cc (Figure 1.0)
3) Type in the domain of your choice (for this example I'll be using "myvortexwebsite.co.cc").
4) Once you have found one that you desire, find another one because the one you desire is most likely taken (this is a joke).
5) Click on the Continue to registration page and then click "Create an account now >>" (Figure 1.1)
6) Once on that page, you will be presented with a registration form, fill out all of the necessary details and then click the
"Continue" button. (Figure 1.2).
7) Once you've filled out all of the forms, you will be presented with the login form again, login with the details you placed in that
8) Once you've logged in you will see this page (Figure 1.3), click on the Set up button (and then click it again, for some reason).
9) Now we should be in the Manage Domain section, now we need to setup the nameservers, click on "1. Name Server (DNS)" (Figure 1.4)
10) After the page has loaded you should see two boxes labeled "Name Server 1" and "Name Server 2", in these boxes enter
"NS1.VORTEXSERVERS.COM" and "NS2.VORTEXSERVERS.COM" (Figure 1.5).
11) Now that you've done that, the "domain.co.cc" page is no longer needed, you can close it if you want, or keep looking around.
After you've done all that you're ready for the signup, click on the link below.
Enter the domain you just register OR a .com domain you have purchased from another registar. Just follow the prompts and you should be good to go. BE SURE TO ENTER A REAL EMAIL - IT IS WHERE YOUR DETAILS GET SENT
Latest News Article
Snapshot 14w10b Ready for Testing The Snapshot is live, and it's time to test! What's up with 14w10b? CHANGELOG: [Bug MC-50219] – "Slightly Damaged Anvil" Faces the wrong way in Inventory[Bug MC-50220] – "Nether Brick Fence" is not rendered correctly ... SXSW and Minecraft Are you going to SXSW this weekend? If so, Mojang's Lydia "MinecraftChick" Winters will be there to do a Minecraft talk on the Geek Stage, Saturday, March 8th from 2:30-3:15pm at the Palmer Events Center. Lydia adds that if you show up in M... Minecraft Mondays - Movies, Drama, and More Updates on the Minecraft movie, developments, troll-related drama, and more! ________________________________ Are you looking forward to EQ Next? Want all the most up-to-date info on all things EQN? Be sure to check out our Gamepedia wiki, give it ...
Free cPanel Web Hosting - For MC Communities.
No replies to this topic