Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

Enchanting in creative mode

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

Birdmanul

Posted 14 November 2011 - 11:16 AM

Hey there,

I was wondering, shouldn't enchanting not require you go gain levels while in creative mode ?, since the exp bar isn't even there.

Register or log in to remove.

DoomFire
    DoomFire

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 512 posts
  • Minecraft: DoomFire

Posted 14 November 2011 - 11:29 AM

It is there. It just doesnt show it.

Posted Image
Magic Chest Mod - Wood On Steroids.
"Will you be eating that cake?...
Say what you want, but I will be taking the cake."

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Posted Image

Birdmanul

Posted 14 November 2011 - 11:30 AM

View PostDoomFire, on 14 November 2011 - 11:29 AM, said:

It is there. It just doesnt show it.
Yeah i know, that's not the point.

Balduran
    Balduran

Glowstone Miner

• Members
  • 3194 posts
  • Minecraft: Lol, No

Posted 14 November 2011 - 11:31 AM

View PostBirdmanul, on 14 November 2011 - 11:16 AM, said:

Hey there,

I was wondering, shouldn't enchanting not require you go gain levels while in creative mode ?, since the exp bar isn't even there.
Yeah, that would be helpful. Right now your best bet is finding a mob spawner.
...But that's just my opinion.
My modder's resource and assortment of miscellaneous textures.
Status: Fed up with Minecraft [Consult the above link for details]
My DeviantART, requests welcome.

Talon_Tower
  • Minecraft: _Deltalon_

Posted 14 November 2011 - 11:32 AM

I feel like you should get unlimited levels to enchant with, rather than the ones you earn.  I think that's pretty much what you want, too.

SkyPiercers said:

I still have yet to see anyone make a statue of a dwarf strangling a kitten that you can live inside.

Birdmanul

Posted 14 November 2011 - 11:41 AM

View PostTalon_Tower, on 14 November 2011 - 11:32 AM, said:

I feel like you should get unlimited levels to enchant with, rather than the ones you earn.  I think that's pretty much what you want, too.

Yes it is, that's what i said.

Hyomoto
    Hyomoto

Gold Miner

• Members
  • 460 posts
  • Minecraft: Hyomoto

Posted 14 November 2011 - 12:18 PM

I admit, I'm confused.  What could you possibly want to enchant?  You can break blocks instantly, you have access to them all.  In infinite quantity.  Perhaps I'm overlooking something, but I'm actually intrigued here.  What could you possibly want to enchant in a mode where you have want of nothing?  Logically, efficiency?  No.  Unbreakable?  Unlikely.  Silk Touch?  You already have every block.

I mean, hell, you might as well be able to but methinks you may be missing a bit of the whole 'creative' idea.  It's a builder mode.  Unless I'm mistaken, it's purposed as a mode for people who just want to build things in Minecraft, whereas you clearly want a 'god mode'?  Just trying to wrap my head around this suggestion.  I look forwards to some kind of explanation but I suppose I wouldn't really understand it if you explained it anyways.

Probably falls under the 'if you have to ask, you wouldn't understand' category.

Homem Pigman

Posted 14 November 2011 - 12:19 PM

Why would you need enchanting on creative?

Edit: I was ninja'd.

Posted Image

Birdmanul

Posted 14 November 2011 - 12:42 PM

View PostHyomoto, on 14 November 2011 - 12:18 PM, said:

I mean, hell, you might as well be able to but methinks you may be missing a bit of the whole 'creative' idea.  It's a builder mode.  Unless I'm mistaken, it's purposed as a mode for people who just want to build things in Minecraft, whereas you clearly want a 'god mode'?  Just trying to wrap my head around this suggestion.  I look forwards to some kind of explanation but I suppose I wouldn't really understand it if you explained it anyways.

Probably falls under the 'if you have to ask, you wouldn't understand' category.
I believe that sentence is in contradiction with itself, creative is not a builder mode just like minecraft is not a game to just build with blocks, hence the term creative. Why do i want it ? because it's FUN to play with it, it's fun to play with the enchantment system to see what it can come up with it and to enchant the ultimate sword to strike pigs with.

cecilexplodes
  • Minecraft: cecilkrakken

Posted 14 November 2011 - 12:50 PM

View PostBirdmanul, on 14 November 2011 - 12:42 PM, said:

I believe that sentence is in contradiction with itself, creative is not a builder mode just like minecraft is not a game to just build with blocks, hence the term creative. Why do i want it ? because it's FUN to play with it, it's fun to play with the enchantment system to see what it can come up with it and to enchant the ultimate sword to strike pigs with.

Creative mode isn't meant to be a debug playground for players to be able to test out all the "cool shit" without having to work for it.  Creative mode is meant for being creative....

Birdmanul

Posted 14 November 2011 - 12:54 PM

View Postcecilhowe, on 14 November 2011 - 12:50 PM, said:

Creative mode isn't meant to be a debug playground for players to be able to test out all the "cool shit" without having to work for it.  Creative mode is meant for being creative....
And slicing pigs up with the ultimate sword isn't creative ? who put you in charge of creativity, creativity is endless and limitless therefore it has no direct limitations such as it "isn't meant to be a debug playground for players", why not ? what if debugging is my creativity, should it just be impeded just cause you think it's not creative ?

cecilexplodes

Posted 14 November 2011 - 12:59 PM

View PostBirdmanul, on 14 November 2011 - 12:54 PM, said:

And slicing pigs up with the ultimate sword isn't creative ? who put you in charge of creativity, creativity is endless and limitless therefore it has no direct limitations such as it "isn't meant to be a debug playground for players", why not ? what if debugging is my creativity, should it just be impeded just cause you think it's not creative ?

Because if it was your job to debug the game then you would have a version with all of the debug features.  Creative mode isn't without limit.  The limit it places on the players is that many features from survival are left out intentionally.  If you want enchanting, then go earn it in survival.

Also I am not impeding you from doing anything, the makers of this game is.

Homem Pigman

Posted 14 November 2011 - 01:03 PM

How about getting SPC and spawning 1000000 xp orbs?

Posted Image

Birdmanul

Posted 14 November 2011 - 01:07 PM

View Postcecilhowe, on 14 November 2011 - 12:59 PM, said:

Because if it was your job to debug the game then you would have a version with all of the debug features.  Creative mode isn't without limit.  The limit it places on the players is that many features from survival are left out intentionally.  If you want enchanting, then go earn it in survival.

Also I am not impeding you from doing anything, the makers of this game is.
As i said, debugging doesn't have to be purposeful, maybe it's just fun for me.

And where does it imply the owners want you to earn enchantments in survival and where are the missing features from survival ? i want the quote where it says so.

Eddz0r
    Eddz0r

Diamond Miner

• Members
  • 897 posts
  • Minecraft: Stalkerbrine

Posted 14 November 2011 - 01:08 PM

View PostHomem Pigman, on 14 November 2011 - 01:03 PM, said:

How about getting SPC and spawning 1000000 xp orbs?

That would be a way to uncreative... </sarcasm>
To-Do-List: Make a To-Do-List ☑

Birdmanul

Posted 14 November 2011 - 01:13 PM

View PostEddz0r, on 14 November 2011 - 01:08 PM, said:

That would be a way to uncreative... </sarcasm>
I could swear, minecraft is the most immature community i met so far by a long shot, i have never in my life seen so many people against VERY useful features that they are never forced to use just cause they personally don't like the features.

It's there OPTIONAL for those of us who want to use them and have FUN with them, cause that's the point of the game, having fun.

cecilexplodes

Posted 14 November 2011 - 01:19 PM

View PostBirdmanul, on 14 November 2011 - 01:13 PM, said:

I could swear, minecraft is the most immature community i met so far by a long shot, i have never in my life seen so many people against VERY useful features that they are never forced to use just cause they personally don't like the features.

It's there OPTIONAL for those of us who want to use them and have FUN with them, cause that's the point of the game, having fun.

What is the difference between using SPC to spawn in orbs and having unlimited XP in creative mode?

Eddz0r
    Eddz0r

Diamond Miner

• Members
  • 897 posts
  • Minecraft: Stalkerbrine

Posted 14 November 2011 - 01:27 PM

View PostBirdmanul, on 14 November 2011 - 01:13 PM, said:

1. You are able to enchant your Weapons, Tools and Armor... so this feature is included. Where is the Problem?

2. Yeah, there is no way to have fun killing this monstrous Pigs without a full enchanted armor and the ultimate Sword... how dumb we are not understanding this...

3. Only because you think your brainfart is a genious piece of awesomness doesn't mean everybody thinks so too. Deal with it.
To-Do-List: Make a To-Do-List ☑

Birdmanul

Posted 14 November 2011 - 01:31 PM

View Postcecilhowe, on 14 November 2011 - 01:19 PM, said:

What is the difference between using SPC to spawn in orbs and having unlimited XP in creative mode?
It's a mod and i believe telling people to solve their problems with a mod is against the rules if i'm not mistaken.

View PostEddz0r, on 14 November 2011 - 01:27 PM, said:

1. You are able to enchant your Weapons, Tools and Armor... so this feature is included. Where is the Problem?

2. Yeah, there is no way to have fun killing this monstrous Pigs without a full enchanted armor and the ultimate Sword... how dumb we are not understanding this...

3. Only because you think your brainfart is a genious piece of awesomness doesn't mean everybody thinks so too. Deal with it.
Now you're going to tell people what is fun and what isn't ? seriously how old are you, 8 ?

I never said it was a brilliant idea yet you assumed so, it's a suggestion that many people could benefit from.

Hyomoto
    Hyomoto

Gold Miner

• Members
  • 460 posts
  • Minecraft: Hyomoto

Posted 14 November 2011 - 01:34 PM

Called it.  "god mode"  All the pleasure, none of the work!  That's fine, but your claim to mess around with enchanting doesn't hold weight.  You would have looked it up on the MC wiki (check in the box, anyone?) or you wouldn't care.  Now that you know everything you need to there is no 'experimentation'.  When you have unlimited XP and Wiki, you just drop infinite items into the box and infinite enchant until you infinite get what you infinite want; experimentation precludes discovery, this requires you be unaware of the outcome.  So be honest and just cut to the fat of what you want.  To spawn enchanted items.  Quit dancing around the subject and just get to the core of what you are after.

However, you misread my post.  I had said, "You might as well be able to."  As in, honestly I don't see why you shouldn't be able to.  Creative mode isn't about grinding or working, rather whatever you feel fancy free to do.  However, that doesn't mean your comment is any less bizarre.

But since you has brought it up (I say with chunky diatribe).  As for the creative police, and dictating what is fun, I'd posit smacking pigs with a 'god sword' is about as creative as beating up hookers to get your cash back in GTA.  The cumulative amount of electrical activity wasted by the brainpower required to think up that plan from inception to conclusion would register 0 amps on a short.  I'm somewhat disappointed you would use what is often associated with the decline of quality gaming (pointless violence, and in this case, mixed with invincibility against, of all things, a passive mob) that I've dubbed the COD airport scene (we got 'nuke the fridge', surely 'smote the port' could catch on as well) as a defense against the statement you might be lacking in the ability to understand the nature of 'creative'.  Surely the irony is not lost on all.

Lastly, the comments about age and maturity are pointless and drag down any parts of your argument that might actually be relevant.  Perhaps you were unprepared, you thought there would be an overwhelming sea of support for your obscure suggestion (which I hesitate to refer to as) but now you see there isn't a lot of consensus on your view and sit naked as vultures circle overhead and eagerly await your surrender.  My only request is you edit your original post to be two complete sentences and one complete thought.