• This topic is locked This topic is locked
42 replies to this topic

Zarigani
    Zarigani

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 14 November 2011 - 08:34 AM

Fixes the strange water physics in large bodies of water which makes underwater work in Minecraft so painful. By making water spread over other water source blocks and making unsupported water source blocks fall it prevents "holes" from appearing in the depths of a pool or from forming "whirlpools" on the surface.

It also happens to allow neat falling water and lava effects and, for the dedicated, lava cannons!

The mod is deliberately minimal in the code it changes so should be compatible with anything which doesn't touch the same two files (falling sand and flowing liquid).

Lava cannons!

Messing with the depths!

Etalyx's review / spotlight! (the problem with water not "inflating" flowing water should be fixed in the version for 1.0.0)

Skip to 1:30 for falling liquids :)

Mod for Minecraft 1.0.0 is now available on mediafire.  Old versions for 1.8.1 and 1.9pre5 are also available (and should behave almost identically).

Register or log in to remove.

AndySwi
    AndySwi

Gold Miner

• Members
  • 376 posts

Posted 14 November 2011 - 08:41 AM

FIRST And Mind- WHAT? Nice mod dude, the water is kinda trippy falling, but this mod is useful!
Time is Diamonds, and I got none to spare! Unless you have redstone of course!
Posted Image

cexydolphinman
  • Minecraft: Alphacel

Posted 14 November 2011 - 08:41 AM

I wish they would putthis in the original game!

I'm so sick of the water physics,glad to see someone figured it out.

:Diamond: :iapprove:

fireb0rn
    fireb0rn

Diamond Miner

• Members
  • 788 posts

Posted 14 November 2011 - 08:48 AM

As I said earlier, great mod. I will definitely be using this.
Posted Image

aSakofDonuts
  • Minecraft: aSakofDonuts
  • Xbox:aSak0fDonuts

Posted 14 November 2011 - 09:01 AM

awesome gonna try this one out

SilentRise

Posted 14 November 2011 - 09:54 AM

this has already been made, there is a mod called FiniteLiquid : http://www.djoslin.i...initeliquid.php ,still if you only want the physics i guess you can get this mod only.

Posted Image

aSakofDonuts
  • Minecraft: aSakofDonuts
  • Xbox:aSak0fDonuts

Posted 14 November 2011 - 09:58 AM

problem using finite liquid is that its not compatible with watershader mod, and i NEED my beautiful water

jdroo
    jdroo

Iron Miner

• Members
  • 264 posts
  • Minecraft: JDroo

Posted 14 November 2011 - 10:41 AM

View PostSilentRise, on 14 November 2011 - 09:54 AM, said:

this has already been made, there is a mod called FiniteLiquid : http://www.djoslin.i...initeliquid.php ,still if you only want the physics i guess you can get this mod only.
this mod is not the same... finite fluid equally distributes when you fill an area and flows realistically, this mod just makes water fill in a little better, and makes it fall when stuck to the side of a flat wall or something.

Note. I love this mod, works great with the zeppelin mod, before when i made a boat that had parts in the water, when you drove it it looked fine, but when you stopped the craft and let it rejoin it would displace the water and make lil whirlpools making my water ugly. this fixed it, now i can start n stop my boat and it never leaves a dent in the water :D THANK YOU!  :Diamond: :Diamond: :Diamond: :Diamond: :Diamond:
Posted Image

DiEvAl
    DiEvAl

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1197 posts
  • Minecraft: DiEAl

Posted 14 November 2011 - 06:55 PM

1) The only problem I see with Notch's water physics is that it's undocumented. Notch did't tell how it should work. But you didn't tell rules of your physics either. Please fix this.

2) Imagine digging tunnel under sea bed. Sand falls down into tunnel. water falls down, forming a source block on the ground of your tunnel. You close the hole, but water isn't gone. Is this intended?

3)

View PostZarigani, on 14 November 2011 - 08:34 AM, said:

Fixes the strange water physics in large bodies of water
You should replace "fixes" with "changes". You can't fix something that works as intended or at least wasn't proofed not to work as intended.

4) I'm not sure if water falling like sand is less strange than holes in the ocean. :)

5) Falling water is EntityFallingSand, right?

6) This thread violate Minecraft Mods section rules: http://www.minecraft...ation-10242011/

Minecraft Mods.
Released mods only.
-Must have download link.
-You can adfly to your download only.
-Must modify the minecraft.jar file.
-Must contain the class files. .exe only downloads will be removed.
-Must have pictures.
-Must follow title format.
-Must have an installation guide.
-Any required permissions must be displayed in the original post.
-NO asking for mods to update.
It shouldn't be very difficult to fix.
  • 1) You are on the internet.
  • 2) You are on minecraftforum.net.
  • 3) You are reading DiEvAl's sig.
  • 5) You didn't notice that there is no 4.
  • 6) You just checked it.

The_Webster
  • Minecraft: The_Webster

Posted 14 November 2011 - 07:13 PM

This looks like the mod when Finite Liquid was just starting out. Great mod, but don't bother extending it unless it's to fix that annoying lava bug which makes lava stay for ages when there is no source block.
Posted Image Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

AbsoluteKhaos
  • Minecraft: AbsoluteKhaos

Posted 14 November 2011 - 07:36 PM

This is definitely a great mod for proper water physics in Minecraft

fireb0rn
    fireb0rn

Diamond Miner

• Members
  • 788 posts

Posted 14 November 2011 - 09:37 PM

View PostDiEvAl, on 14 November 2011 - 06:55 PM, said:

4) I'm not sure if water falling like sand is less strange than holes in the ocean. :)

If you think that's strange, you probably play too much Minecraft.
Posted Image

DannyBoi1986
  • Minecraft: DannyBoi1986
  • Xbox:DannyBoi1986

Posted 14 November 2011 - 09:53 PM

WOW DiEvAl, talk about pissing on someone's fireworks! Great mod btw, can't use it as I'm playing the RC2 atm, but I will when Minecraft is released and this is updated :D

DjGyarados
  • Minecraft: DjGyarados
  • Xbox:Portugal IV

Posted 14 November 2011 - 09:54 PM

View PostDiEvAl, on 14 November 2011 - 06:55 PM, said:

1) The only problem I see with Notch's water physics is that it's undocumented. Notch did't tell how it should work. But you didn't tell rules of your physics either. Please fix this.

2) Imagine digging tunnel under sea bed. Sand falls down into tunnel. water falls down, forming a source block on the ground of your tunnel. You close the hole, but water isn't gone. Is this intended?

3) You should replace "fixes" with "changes". You can't fix something that works as intended or at least wasn't proofed not to work as intended.

5) Falling water is EntityFallingSand, right?

6) This thread violate Minecraft Mods section rules: http://www.minecraft...ation-10242011/

It shouldn't be very difficult to fix.
Videos work the same as pictures...
Posted Image

xSoul
    xSoul

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 535 posts

Posted 14 November 2011 - 10:25 PM

Omg :3 Great mod! Just wondering if it works on smp?

thegofa
    thegofa

Void Walker

• Members
  • 1821 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 07:31 AM

View PostDannyBoi1986, on 14 November 2011 - 09:53 PM, said:

WOW DiEvAl, talk about pissing on someone's fireworks! Great mod btw, can't use it as I'm playing the RC2 atm, but I will when Minecraft is released and this is updated :D

LOL, this :)
Posted Image

iAGP
    iAGP

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 20 posts
  • Minecraft: iAGP

Posted 15 November 2011 - 08:08 AM

Great work. Really useful mod, I currently hate the water physics.

This should definitely be in the vanilla game!

Rodent626

Posted 15 November 2011 - 03:02 PM

Nice mod - will download.  This will fix up all that nasty water created by my Buildcraft pumps :)
Beware of those that seek to protect you from harm or risk. The cost will be your freedoms and your liberty.

chiisana
    chiisana

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 04:55 PM

Can you please make it work for SMP as well?  I absolutely hate the fact that water, especially large bodies of water, is ridiculously hard to fix and people mess it up ALL the time...

Rynver
    Rynver

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 925 posts
  • Location: Between reality and over time. Somewhere betwixt reason and Rhyme

Posted 15 November 2011 - 05:08 PM

This honestly should be the Official physics of Water/liquids in general.

It does all of the amazing things listed below which has been the goal of Notch :

Prevents grievers from easily grieving.

Allows a believable simulation of liquid, without spending any extra power of the pc to simulate.

Follows the "infinite" behavior of liquids to consistently pour without tedious work. Which is Something notch will NEVER give up.

This mod is truly amazing, I love the capability of it all. It has no flaws, but does make "tnt cannon" creation a bit more complex to make, which actually isn't much of a problem as long as you observe how water behaves.

I vote this mod to be official.
You can go ahead and move at the speed of light, But i will move at the speed of darkness.

Posted Image