• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

[Adv] EscapeCraft 2 - An Adventure Game for Minecraft

• Please log in to reply
477 replies to this topic

merlinus12

Posted 12 November 2010 - 10:40 PM

"You awaken with a head-ache in an oddly familiar room.  You are wearing a jumpsuit with the number 1090 printed across your chest.  As a chill races down your spine, you search for the exit..."

Escapecraft 2 is the second installment of the Escapecraft series (oh yes, there will be more).  This version features more than a dozen new rooms-o-puzzles, 2 different endings, 50% less rage-quit, functional respawn, minimal game-ending failure penalties and more corny videogame-clich├ęs than you can shake a stack of 64 sticks at!

Those who played the first game (found here) know the drill.  For those new to my devious inventions, I have included a short tutorial room.

As anyone who has ever tried to create something this complicated in Minecraft could tell you, Escapecraft 2 required HOURS upon HOURS of development time before it was fit to release.  This meant time away from schoolwork and the minimum-wage job that helps pay for my graduate education.  If you enjoyed the game, please drop a dollar/euro/yen/wooden nickel in this digital tip-jar.  More donations means more time I can spend away from waiting tables at the bowling alley and more time spent making Escapecraft 3!  

There are two download links.  The first will take you to a Paypal page, where you pay $0.50 and get the game.  The second download link below will take you to an advertisement, followed by the download page.  

Thanks for reading!  Now without further ado...

PAYPAL DOWNLOAD! []  []  []  []  []  [] AD DOWNLOAD!

SPECIAL THANKS TO: Emily, yowto, TheWiz, and berky93 for their INCREDIBLE assistance testing and retesting this new game!  They selflessly spent hours of their time covering my idiotic mistakes.  Without them, Escapecraft 2 would never have been finished.

Installation:
- Download file and unzip to your minecraft folder (on Windows 7,  go to C: -> Users -> *USERNAME* -> AppData -> Roaming -> .minecraft -> saves )
- Rename folder "World#" (where '#' is a number 1-5).  If you already have 5 worlds, you will need to rename one of the existing save folders.
- I recommend creating a additional backup folder, in the all-too-likely event of your death.

Known Problems:
- Since there is no manual save feature in Minecraft, under certain circumstances (you lose items due to death) you may have to manually reinstall Escapecraft and start over.

Walkthrough

MrScaryMuffin, in addition to volunteering to work on EscapeCraft 3, has also provided a very helpful and occasionally hilarious walkthrough video that is almost certainly more helpful than my walkthrough "hints."  Obviously, MAJOR spoilers in the video - if you are just looking for a little bit of help, I recommend the more vaguely worded hints that follow.  For "OMG IM COMPLETELY STUCK WHY DID YOU MAKE THIS STUPID GAME" sort of assistance, use the video.  (Also note that he uses some... unorthodox methods and goes some places I didn't really mean for you to).

5Z3QZLJnWFo

Room 0-1
Spoiler:

Room 2
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Room 3
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Room 4
Spoiler:

Room 5
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Room 6
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Room 7
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Room 8
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Room 9
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Room 10-13 (Rooftops and observation)
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Room 14
Spoiler:

Version History
1.0 - First public release
1.1 - Fixed the redstone room so players cannot escape to the outside.
1.2 - Minor bug fixes.  Improvements to the "Secret Ending" that allude to Escapecraft 3...

Register or log in to remove.

fankay
    fankay

Stone Miner

• Members
  • 83 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 11:03 PM

YES!
time for some brain busters!

BLourenco
  • Minecraft: BLourenco

Posted 12 November 2010 - 11:07 PM

I guess I should get back to the first one then. I died at the spawners, and I know what comes after, but I feel like I should still do it.
"Punching trees gives me wood."
---------------------------------------------------------
Pain Forest - By Denn

fankay
    fankay

Stone Miner

• Members
  • 83 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 11:17 PM

room 3 was awesome XD

SWEETNESS_IB
  • Minecraft: SWEETNESS_IB

Posted 12 November 2010 - 11:27 PM

Urrg. I almost did a rage quit, then I died, so then I had to re-download, and then I died, and then I gave up. Anyway... really awesome! I wonder how long before youtube vids start coming up....
Posted Image

Hesstergon said:

anyone who answered no is ethier a liar or chuck norris

Bali123
    Bali123

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 559 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 11:32 PM

Testing it now, gonna edit my post if when i'll complete/ragequit it.
Posted Image

WTFClock said:

Ok stop jesus it's a dick joke with a shovel.

merlinus12

Posted 12 November 2010 - 11:33 PM

SWEETNESS_IB said:

Urrg. I almost did a rage quit, then I died, so then I had to re-download, and then I died, and then I gave up. Anyway... really awesome! I wonder how long before youtube vids start coming up....

If I knew people would say its "really awesome" even though they went through all that, the sequel would have been WAY easier to make...

Shoot me a PM with what gave you so much trouble if you get the chance.

carnaxcce

Posted 12 November 2010 - 11:40 PM

Looks pretty cool, downloading this and the first one now. Post back later with the results.
Want to support a budding game reviewer and his band of merry men? Check out this site that reviews indie games:http://indiegamereviews.weebly.com/ Your views are much appreciated ^.^

Nashor
    Nashor

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 215 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 11:48 PM

Can someone tell me the combo for room 4?
Edit: Nvm.
Posted Image

specter1357

Posted 13 November 2010 - 01:12 AM

That was SO cool. I LOVED the test subject in room #2. :)

BTW, regarding the secret ending...
Spoiler:

tb303
    tb303

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 13 November 2010 - 01:13 AM

That WAS AMAAZZZIIINNNNGGG :) I liked the ending it was very imaginative. I recommend everybody play this now. Good work!

Aninimouse

Posted 13 November 2010 - 01:14 AM

I'm making a Note here, huge success!

clockwork321 said:

This is where we end our tour into your personal life! Any questions?

legoless said:

Nickanut said:

The new mob is herobrine! To make him appear, hold your computer's power button for 4 seconds!
IT WORKED! But then he shut down my computer.

The K-man

Posted 13 November 2010 - 01:19 AM

Fantastic! Just beat it after having to reload it (screwed myself over with item loss). Missed the helm on my 2nd time through because i forgot about it, but was still able to do fine without it.

Only suggestion i have, add another zombie spawner or 2 in the maze room, the only ones i ever saw were stuck on top of the glass rooms.

Zanith said:

There was a man who feared not the reaper
He dug in the earth ever deeper
Diamonds of his
Were lost, with a hiss
There is a man who now fears the creeper

arcticwolf15

Posted 13 November 2010 - 01:21 AM

I be trying now!
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

videofreak said:

Hosting images on MediaFire? Are you high on cat urine?

ziggler1

Posted 13 November 2010 - 01:28 AM

Aninimouse said:

I'm making a Note here, huge success!

It's hard to overstate my satisfaction. :DORE:
There are 10 types of people in the world, those who know binary and those who don't. -Anonymous

fankay
    fankay

Stone Miner

• Members
  • 83 posts

Posted 13 November 2010 - 02:04 AM

is there really an alternative ending to this? :iapprove:

ps I enjoyed the challenges, especially the flood room XD that one got me. The maze was just the right amount of annoyance (if a combination of switches was required for the door I would probably rage quit)

However, I miss the TNT in redstone stages!

jackcaver
  • Minecraft: jackcaver

Posted 13 November 2010 - 02:15 AM

I really enjoyed EscapeCraft V1 but this one blew my mind, funny/sarcastic signs (story), awesome test chambers (I'm getting the urge to play "Portal" :grass: .....but as I reached the end I couldn't stop laughing, laughing due to how brilliant this whole game is made...THIS defenitely busted my brain out.
Thank you for destroying my brain. xD
"It's scientific!"

arcticwolf15

Posted 13 November 2010 - 03:03 AM

Awesome!
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

videofreak said:

Hosting images on MediaFire? Are you high on cat urine?

ziggler1

Posted 13 November 2010 - 03:05 AM

I just beat it now!  (with a tad bit of cheating)

You sir are amazing and that ending had me laughing too.  Please let there be another of these; they are brilliant, and I love the puzzles and the portal humor!
There are 10 types of people in the world, those who know binary and those who don't. -Anonymous

merlinus12

Posted 13 November 2010 - 04:05 AM

Glad to hear you are all enjoying it :D. It was a pleasure to make (most of the time anyway)

To those who are wondering - there ARE two endings.

Spoiler:

For those who completed it... Favorite/least favorite puzzles?  Any rooms you couldn't finish?  Want to throw some cash in the tip jar?

Also, what would you like to see in the next one?  More of the same?  Something different?  Let me know!