Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

Ender Dragon Eggs

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

yellofello99
  • Minecraft: yellofello99

Posted 12 November 2011 - 03:28 PM

I don't know about you guys but I think it would be really cool if you could have your own Ender Dragon, like if you beat the Ender Dragon in The End, after all the credits and stuff passes, when you spawn back into your world, you spawn with all your stuff, except you also have an Ender Dragon Egg and an Ender Saddle. I'm pretty sure you can figure out what the saddle is for ;). Anyway, you have to wait for the egg to hatch and you have to raise the dragon, cheesy I know, but babies need nourishment. Anyway, once it is grown up, it has the same characteristics as wolves, passive once you tame it, which you did, and attacks anything you attack. Also, it can only fly because it destroys everything that is not from The End which it touches. Then you slap the saddle on it and ride around. Yes, you can get off the saddle unlike pig saddles. So let me know what you guys think, should this be a mo, or should this be included. I would love for it to be included. Thanks guys!!
Had Minecraft since Beta 1.2_01 and just had to download new launcher. R.I.P old Minecraft launcher :( we were best buddies...
Proud member of the RMM Royal Minecraft Militia!

Register or log in to remove.

ColorExplosive
  • Minecraft: ColorExplosive

Posted 12 November 2011 - 03:35 PM

Epic Idea! I'm not getting 1.9 pre 6. I would get it but the door bug will really annoy me. You can have this though:   :Diamond:
Posted Image

Bart_the_Cat
  • Minecraft: Bart_the_Cat

Posted 12 November 2011 - 03:46 PM

Jeb has said that dragons won't be ridable because of strain on SMP stuff. But if the dragon hatching from the egg was included, it should be a mini one that can't destroy blocks. Maybe it could even breathe fire.
If the stars should appear but one night every thousand years how man would marvel and stare.-Ralph Waldo Emerson
Posted Image

minecraftbirdy

Posted 12 November 2011 - 06:44 PM

It may cause a lot of strain on amp servers link Bart_the_Cat said above.

But you should at least be able to hatch it an keep it as a pet.
Posted Image

Homem Pigman

Posted 12 November 2011 - 06:52 PM

Just being able to fly is overpowered and you want it to destroy things too?

No.

Posted Image

yellofello99
  • Minecraft: yellofello99

Posted 12 November 2011 - 07:23 PM

Actually, there is a way to get an Ender Dragon Egg in 1.9 prerelease 6. I don't download prereleases, but I was on youtube and when you kill the Ender Dragon, it drops a ton of experience points, a portal back, and on top of the portal, an egg!! Now, what you have to do is, you right-click the egg so it teleports off the portal/fountain thing, then, get a sticky piston and place it right next to the egg, and place a lever and use the piston. What that does is it drops a Dragon Egg which you can pick up and go back to your world with!! BTW, this is number one on google if you search up how to get an ender dragon egg!!
Had Minecraft since Beta 1.2_01 and just had to download new launcher. R.I.P old Minecraft launcher :( we were best buddies...
Proud member of the RMM Royal Minecraft Militia!

DragonDeAzon
  • Minecraft: SociusDraconis

Posted 12 November 2011 - 07:37 PM

I support this! :)
Thinking of something cheesy to put here...

DJHops
    DJHops

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 20 posts
  • Minecraft: DJHops

Posted 13 November 2011 - 06:31 PM

You should be able to ride it cuz then it is kinda useless.
Posted Image

x0xJesusx0x
  • Minecraft: x0xJesusx0x

Posted 13 November 2011 - 06:51 PM

I believe that having a pet Enderdragon is a bit overpowered. For one thing, flying just kills the movement of minecraft, making the game far too easy from there on out, and yes, it would strain the MP servers too much. And having one attack seems all too powerful.
Posted Image

rigelmaster

Posted 13 November 2011 - 07:34 PM

i got a idea when u get the egg u can hatch it just keep reading guys
when its old enough it will fly up have the kind of animation the 1 in the end had when he died the moment the animation is done the world will have multiple minerals in it!

Posted Image

DragonFire115
  • Minecraft: DragonFire115

Posted 15 November 2011 - 01:12 AM

View PostBart_the_Cat, on 12 November 2011 - 03:46 PM, said:

Jeb has said that dragons won't be ridable because of strain on SMP stuff. But if the dragon hatching from the egg was included, it should be a mini one that can't destroy blocks. Maybe it could even breathe fire.

Well i thought that in multiplayer, that they could allow them as an option, like the nether.

EDIT: I've noticed in alot of the comments, people don't realize that it CAN BE an option. Personally, i think that is a WONDERFUL idea.
Posted Image

Zapharus
  • Minecraft: Zapharus10

Posted 15 November 2011 - 01:17 AM

I would like to fly on the enderdragon, I also hope it doesn't grow. I would like it to keep at a small baby dragon to ride on, or at least just keep it as a pet like the wolf, but it's not that powerful or it wont attack.
Minecraft play date 1/19/2011 - Looking for a good survival mp server with faction mod and good protection and friendly gms. Message me if you can suggest one. (DAMN YOU GRAMMAR NAZI!!! I ONLY NEED YOU ON ESSAYS AND ASSIGNMENTS!!!)

ClassyWolf641
  • Minecraft: ClassyWolf641

Posted 15 November 2011 - 02:46 AM

It's what I've always dreamed of!!! I told my friends that it would be kewl to own an Enderdragon, and they agreed. I'm so glad that you suggested this! I WANT NOTCH TO ADD!
I give you 20 internets!
Posted Image

Ikarisu
    Ikarisu

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 237 posts
  • Minecraft: darth89775

Posted 15 November 2011 - 03:24 AM

It would take some tme for Notch to add this, and a full sized dragon= OP

Don't judge me.

[media]http://youtu.be/zcrkejvDHYs?[/media]

Nomnomguy
  • Minecraft: Nomnomguy

Posted 15 November 2011 - 03:24 AM

Yes. Awesome idea :) I dont want it to be a big enderdragon but i want it be a little baby one so Steve can ride it.
"Take my machine gun. Better than that crappy Polar Star."
"Oh wait, Your saving it for the spur?" "You dont love me then" -Curly

Ditto771
  • Minecraft: ditto11

Posted 18 November 2011 - 10:42 PM

Notch has said he will or at least might add red dragons. I think that you should need to purify the EnderDragonEgg to hatch into a red dragon which can land, breath  :VV: , be tamed, and maybe be ridden.
Posted Image

archerymask
  • Minecraft: archerymask1999

Posted 20 November 2011 - 01:55 AM

i was playing around with my mc edit and saw a black thing on a item id list and i onpend it and it was a ender dragon egg but every time i tuoch it it teleports like the ender man. i have beat th ender dragon. the egg looks like a small block of obsidian any ideas on how it should grow??

View Postx0xJesusx0x, on 13 November 2011 - 06:51 PM, said:

I believe that having a pet Enderdragon is a bit overpowered. For one thing, flying just kills the movement of minecraft, making the game far too easy from there on out, and yes, it would strain the MP servers too much. And having one attack seems all too powerful.

but what if it was only in single player mode
} ->aroww} ->

Coolhobo_77

Posted 20 November 2011 - 12:27 PM

why doesn't anyone make a mod about it? somebody better or i'll put a  :SSSS: in their  :stone: :Red:

SuperSoldier98

Posted 20 November 2011 - 12:44 PM

I support this.

For all the people saying it will strain the servers, why not disable dragons?

And for the people saying that you would be overpowered, just get rid of the dragon egg by throwing it into a lake of lava.
Posted Image

Frog81
    Frog81

Enderdragon Slayer

• Members
  • 10470 posts
  • Minecraft: frog81
  • Xbox:Gorfeywog

Posted 20 November 2011 - 12:51 PM

Dragon-riding isn't for me. But I know what is. Ender-omelet would be nothing but pure awesomeness.
Posted ImagePosted Image