Jump to content

  • Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

How do I install mods on a server withought bukkit?


  • This topic is locked This topic is locked
54 replies to this topic

#1

wrothmonk
  • Minecraft: wrothmonk

Posted 11 November 2011 - 11:54 PM

I'm trying to install red power into a server but when I place all the files for forge, modloadermp ect and run the server it says the mine craft server is corrupt. How do I fix it? there aren't any bukkit plugins for the mods.
Can somebody please give me step by step instructions on how to install redpower on a mac (I know how to open the .jar) mine craft server. The server is completely blank.
EDIT to make more clear.


Edit: Figured it out and updated post to show those who could not understand what was being said.

despite the miscommunication that ran rampant in this post, I  have figured out how. So for those of you who don't know how to do it here is a step by step guide.

I am assuming that you have already downloaded the server jar and placed it into a folder. Let us assume that folder is named mine craft server. If not you can replace it in the text with whichever name you chose.

1: Open up the console
2: Type into the console: cd ~/desktop/minecraft\ server
NOTE: if you have a folder not named this with a space; right after the word before the space put in a \ then the space.
3: Type into the console: mkdir server
4: Type into the console: cd server
5: Type into the console: jar xf ~/desktop/minecraft\ server/minecraft_server.jar
6: place the mod loader mp .class files into the server folder. Click replace all
7: Select all the files in the server folder, right click, and compress.
8: move the .zip file you got into the folder you had the server .jar in.
9: remove the server .jar from the mine craft server folder.
10: rename the .zip file mincraft_server.jar (replace the entire name including the .zip!!!!)
11: Type into the console: cd ~/desktop/minecraft\ server
12: run the server once then stop it once it is done
You now should have a mods folder in the mine craft server folder! place mods in there unless it says speciffically to place the mod into the jar. In that case repeat these steps only instead of the mod loader mp files place the mod files you downloaded into it.

Register or log in to remove.

#2

wrothmonk
  • Minecraft: wrothmonk

Posted 12 November 2011 - 09:22 PM

bump because nobody has actually viewed this.

#3

Nicoderm

Posted 13 November 2011 - 10:46 PM

Minecraft Plugins are for MINECRAFT

Bukkit Plugins are for BUKKIT

This will not change.

If you want a mod Bukkit has and MinecraftServer.exe does not, its not happening unless someone makes the Bukkit version and vice versa.


There are however a few redstone mods for Bukkit.
Redstone bukkit

your question is not really clear tho.....
Posted Image

#4

wrothmonk
  • Minecraft: wrothmonk

Posted 14 November 2011 - 01:54 AM

View PostNicoderm, on 13 November 2011 - 10:46 PM, said:

Minecraft Plugins are for MINECRAFT

Bukkit Plugins are for BUKKIT

This will not change.

If you want a mod Bukkit has and MinecraftServer.exe does not, its not happening unless someone makes the Bukkit version and vice versa.


There are however a few redstone mods for Bukkit.
Redstone bukkit

your question is not really clear tho.....

I'm sorry but did you read my post at all?????
When I install the mine craft server version of redpower, modloadmp, forge, ect in and start the server it says the server is corrupt!
how do I fix THAT! because there is no bukkit version of redpower.

#5

DanTheMann1218
  • Location: USA
  • Minecraft: Craftineer

Posted 14 November 2011 - 06:24 PM

View Postwrothmonk, on 14 November 2011 - 01:54 AM, said:

no bukkit version of redpower.
Then you just solved your problem.
Posted Image

#6

DiGi760
    DiGi760

    Zombie Killer

  • Members
  • 177 posts

Posted 14 November 2011 - 07:57 PM

View Postwrothmonk, on 11 November 2011 - 11:54 PM, said:

I'm trying to install red power into a server but when I place all the files for forge, modloadermp ect and run the server it says the mine craft server is corrupt. How do I fix it? there aren't any bukkit plugins for the mods.

Try installing one step at a time.  First do ModloaderMP and test that it works.  Then do MinecraftForge and test that it works, then do the RedPower stuff.

And ignore those other people here that don't understand that bukkut plugins are not the only server mods available.

#7

wrothmonk
  • Minecraft: wrothmonk

Posted 15 November 2011 - 03:03 AM

View PostDiGi760, on 14 November 2011 - 07:57 PM, said:

Try installing one step at a time.  First do ModloaderMP and test that it works.  Then do MinecraftForge and test that it works, then do the RedPower stuff.

And ignore those other people here that don't understand that bukkut plugins are not the only server mods available.
Yeah it seems that when I place the modloadermp files into the server.jar and launch it, it says right off the bat that its corrupt. It was ONLY modloadermp.

#8

Bakugo
    Bakugo

    Void Walker

  • Members
  • 1686 posts
  • Location: Hollow Shades
  • Minecraft: bakugo

Posted 15 November 2011 - 07:54 PM

View PostNicoderm, on 13 November 2011 - 10:46 PM, said:

Vanilla Plugins are for VANILLA

Bukkit Plugins are for BUKKIT

Nuff said.



Posted Image


#9

wrothmonk
  • Minecraft: wrothmonk

Posted 20 November 2011 - 03:50 PM

View Postbakugo, on 15 November 2011 - 07:54 PM, said:

Nuff said.
I'm sorry but that doesn't help at all.
I'm trying to install a mod that doesn't support bukkit. I am trying to install mods on the server and when I attempt to launch I get a message saying is corrupt. How do I (properly) install mods on a server THAT DONT USE BUKKIT!!!!!!!!!!!!

#10

Randomfish132
  • Minecraft: Randomfish132

Posted 20 November 2011 - 09:09 PM

Did you delete meta-inf

Posted Image


#11

wrothmonk
  • Minecraft: wrothmonk

Posted 20 November 2011 - 11:37 PM

View PostRandomfish132, on 20 November 2011 - 09:09 PM, said:

Did you delete meta-inf
I tried both with and withought meta-inf

#12

Randomfish132
  • Minecraft: Randomfish132

Posted 21 November 2011 - 07:43 PM

Mac or pc if Mac delete only the files in the meta-inf if pc delete the whole folder other than that have you got the right version for the version of the server your using

Posted Image


#13

wrothmonk
  • Minecraft: wrothmonk

Posted 21 November 2011 - 10:04 PM

View PostRandomfish132, on 21 November 2011 - 07:43 PM, said:

Mac or pc if Mac delete only the files in the meta-inf if pc delete the whole folder other than that have you got the right version for the version of the server your using
I am on a mac since you didn't read my post. Also I did do that and it still said the server was corrupt ok!

#14

lutenent_morriss

Posted 06 December 2011 - 08:59 PM

i don't think that red power has a server version for mac do you have a pc then try that

p.s don't get angry at me i'm only trying to help

#15

Zeerix
    Zeerix

    Zombie Killer

  • Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 240 posts
  • Location: North-west from the spawn point. Follow the white rabbit.

Posted 06 December 2011 - 09:19 PM

View Postwrothmonk, on 21 November 2011 - 10:04 PM, said:

I am on a mac since you didn't read my post. Also I did do that and it still said the server was corrupt ok!
What script do you use to start the server?
Lecturer in Recent Runes
Co-Developer of Runecraft.

#16

wrothmonk
  • Minecraft: wrothmonk

Posted 06 December 2011 - 10:06 PM

View Postlutenent_morriss, on 06 December 2011 - 08:59 PM, said:

i don't think that red power has a server version for mac do you have a pc then try that

p.s don't get angry at me i'm only trying to help
It is possible to install mods on a mac. There is no mac specific or pc specific mods unless it involves a application that installs it. And for those it is normally in java so its mac friendly.

View PostZeerix, on 06 December 2011 - 09:19 PM, said:

What script do you use to start the server?
I run the normal command to start the server from the mine craft website.

#17

Zeerix
    Zeerix

    Zombie Killer

  • Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 240 posts
  • Location: North-west from the spawn point. Follow the white rabbit.

Posted 06 December 2011 - 10:13 PM

View Postwrothmonk, on 06 December 2011 - 10:06 PM, said:

I run the normal command to start the server from the mine craft website.
Maybe the MacOS ZIP application does strange things to the ZIP file. Try another one?
Lecturer in Recent Runes
Co-Developer of Runecraft.

#18

Surma
    Surma

    Tree Puncher

  • Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 10:21 PM

Are you using bukkit? Neither your title or any of your posts answers this clearly, so please just answer the question.

#19

wrothmonk
  • Minecraft: wrothmonk

Posted 06 December 2011 - 10:27 PM

View PostSurma, on 06 December 2011 - 10:21 PM, said:

Are you using bukkit? Neither your title or any of your posts answers this clearly, so please just answer the question.
I'm sorry but how can I be more clear when the title clearly states that I wish to install a mod NOT using bukkit.

View PostZeerix, on 06 December 2011 - 10:13 PM, said:

Maybe the MacOS ZIP application does strange things to the ZIP file. Try another one?
huh? I dont understand why I would be using the zip app the server downloads as a .jar file and I'm opening it using the console and placing the items inside the jar itself. Even if I delete the meta-inf folder when I attempt to run it using: java -Xmx1024M -Xms1024M -jar minecraft_server.jar nogui the console brings up the message saying the jar is corrupt. How do you people consistently not understand me.

#20

Zeerix
    Zeerix

    Zombie Killer

  • Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 240 posts
  • Location: North-west from the spawn point. Follow the white rabbit.

Posted 06 December 2011 - 10:32 PM

View Postwrothmonk, on 06 December 2011 - 10:27 PM, said:

huh? I dont understand why I would be using the zip app the server downloads as a .jar file and I'm opening it using the console and placing the items inside the jar itself. Even if I delete the meta-inf folder when I attempt to run it using: java -Xmx1024M -Xms1024M -jar minecraft_server.jar nogui the console brings up the message saying the jar is corrupt. How do you people consistently not understand me.
Because a JAR file is a ZIP file with another name.
On Windows I use 7-Zip to put stuff in JAR archives. I don't know what is there for a Mac.

Read this thread:
http://www.minecraft...n-mac-os-x-106/

Edited by Zeerix, 06 December 2011 - 10:37 PM.

Lecturer in Recent Runes
Co-Developer of Runecraft.