• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

Voxelsniper singleplayer

• Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

Poll: Voxelsniper singleplayer (280 member(s) have cast votes)

Who thinks that voxelsniper should be in singleplayer

1. Yes (275 votes [98.21%])

Percentage of vote: 98.21%

2. No (5 votes [1.79%])

Percentage of vote: 1.79%

Which modder would be able to make that mod

1. POST IN COMMENTS BELOW (280 votes [100.00%])

Percentage of vote: 100.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

leagolaskingmirk

Posted 23 August 2012 - 11:46 PM

I tried MCEdit, but it was really slow.  Single player commands dosn't work for me.  Voxelsniper is the only one, but I have only minecraftsp.  I can't buy it.  And don't try to insult me, I have worked on a tv show.  I am not kidding.  I'm 12.

Register or log in to remove.

chblyth12

Posted 31 August 2012 - 09:03 PM

View PostWatsonsJolly, on 20 November 2011 - 02:40 AM, said:

How do you know he wrote in capslock?

Are you an idiot? It's at the top of the page!

Diamondexcalibur
  • Minecraft: _Diamondhunter

Posted 31 August 2012 - 09:12 PM

Since Minecraft 1.3.2 Is Out, When You Start A Single Player World, You're Actually Starting A Minecraft Server And Join It, So Why Don't You Setup Bukkit And Direct Connect To Local Host?

Scum
    Scum

Diamond Miner

• Members
  • 889 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 10:17 PM

Why voxel sniper should be for singleplayer:

As of 1.3, smp is virtually the same as ssp, shouldn't be too hard to port it.

Running a server every time you want to use it is annoying.

Voxel sniper is for making custom terrain, most people make custom terrain on singleplayer.
XP Guide
Regardless of what change you do, no matter how small, someone will complain. - Jens Bergensten
If you want me to see your reply, make sure to quote my post in your reply.

ende124
    ende124

Carpenter

• Members
  • 53 posts
  • Minecraft: ende124

Posted 22 October 2012 - 01:33 PM

View PostCr0nixx, on 08 November 2011 - 05:16 PM, said:

why should they?
Download and setup Bukkit (they have a nice tut, even an idiod proof Installer), get Voxelsniper, put it in Plugins, start Bukkit, open Minecraft, connect to "localhost"

(No port forwarding needed)

Done !
BUT, it need a lot much more time to start up than just open a world in SP, and it needs more from your computer and may lagg your MC.
Posted Image

mendrinos24

Posted 01 November 2012 - 01:27 PM

I agree with you that voxelsniper should be in singleplayer, but as a modder and coder i know that is practically impossible because it implements alot of methods from bukkit and it would take a very long time to clean up the code so that it only requires normal minecraft instead of a bukkit server.

(and before you say "you made an account just to post that" my other account got hacked)

Age123
    Age123

Carpenter

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 12:27 PM

not to be a dick. why not just go to thevoxelbox.com and request it ported to a mod along with other bukkit plugins of theirs. also i agree WE is horrible for terraforming(land altering) their brush selection is a joke brush limit or not. On top of that its an annoyance grabbing several different tools for 1 creation. VS is faster and easier. in specific comparison the WE "smooth" brush is terrible compared to VS "Blend ball" brush. and to tell you the truth i have a bukkit server and i don't prefer it because maybe some comps cant handle large scale building on a server vs Single Player. hell if people can but wont because of some reason why not port the coding that makes up bukkit into a mod of itself. that way anyone can drop plugins directly to their SP any time they want. id prefer that personally. because they have some cool plugins that arn't mods but id like it to run my mods and all my plugins because bukkit at stock doesn't run mods and i don't really want to go through the hassle of placing forge into my server somehow (i hear its different) and placing all the mods into there (i have like 40). don't bother giving me grammar crap i'm not trying to type right.

Pds314159
  • Minecraft: Pds314

Posted 19 December 2012 - 08:49 PM

VoxelSniper has much easier brush use and much better smoothing than WorldEdit or even MCEdit.
But it is often nice to have both WorldEdit and Voxelsniper, this is super easy with Bukkit but...
Another nice mod to have is SinglePlayerCommands (SPC).
It allows for macros, physics-control, etc using 100s of easy-to-use commands.
So there is a reason for singleplayer, just not as big a reason as one might think.
Also, any singleplayer content mods are currently incompatible with VoxelSniper.

However, it would take a huge amount of effort to convert a Bukkit plugin to singleplayer like that, it might work better if it required SPC.
Also, VoxelSniper is the Intellectual property of TheVoxelBox, I am not sure that they would love it for people to be redistributing a derivative work.

RawrHound

Posted 27 December 2012 - 05:01 PM

Voxel is about impossible to make on SP, good luck though.

Nerhity
    Nerhity

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 08:19 PM

Personally, I have VoxelSniper, but I can not start the server Bukkit! It opens and says it can not read / find the file itself! (craftbukkit.jar)

Sorry for my bad english, I'm brazilian is

ryanmci
    ryanmci

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 11:08 PM

Anyone know have the link for the mod? I want to try it out.

View Postryanmci, on 17 March 2013 - 11:07 PM, said:

Anyone know have the link for the mod? I want to try it out.
Sorry had a random word there.

EERussianguy

Posted 06 April 2013 - 02:35 AM

View PostCr0nixx, on 08 November 2011 - 05:16 PM, said:

why should they?
Download and setup Bukkit (they have a nice tut, even an idiod proof Installer), get Voxelsniper, put it in Plugins, start Bukkit, open Minecraft, connect to "localhost"

(No port forwarding needed)

Done !

Seriously? Nobody wants to set up a server themselves, bukkit doesn't even work on half the cpus in the universe, and it would be SO much easier if it was s.p. Look at everyone else here...

bacon_strip

Posted 16 April 2013 - 11:53 AM

Just set up a server for your self! It's the easy thing to do guys it's not that hard I know 6th graders that are setting up bukkit servers! If you can't that's just pathetic!

PabloDons

Posted 08 May 2013 - 08:42 PM

As I have read in earlier posts, apparently he doesn't have a premium account meaning bukkit will not work (bukkit doesn't support offline mode) so making a singleplayer port for ssp is going to be fantastic! I would also love that since minecraft laggs when using a server.
Posted Image

BewilderedHooker

Posted 12 June 2013 - 09:34 AM

The hostility in this thread is unbelievable. Definitely makes me rethink ever coming here for help.

ejhjrejhjr

Posted 12 June 2013 - 12:58 PM

World edit doesn't have as many tools as VoxelSniper, but it can still get the job done at the end of the day.

wallofchaos

Posted 23 June 2013 - 07:03 PM

Theres also the problem of running new mob packs or mods that dont allow bukkitforge for 1.5.2 Kinda like feed the beast beta. 1.4.7 works but nothing for 1.5.2 yet unless its for dev's only
I support every plugin and mod I use.

quest2091

Posted 07 July 2013 - 12:56 AM

View PostAL_EX_101, on 08 November 2011 - 05:14 PM, said:

Does anyone know any modder who could make voxelsniper for singleplayer
DO NOT SAY WORLD EDIT AS IT IS USELESS
IT CAN ONLY MAKE BASIC STRUCTURES NOT EPIC ONES
If you can comment below
worldedit CAN make epic structures you need to know how to use it properly :/

View Postleagolaskingmirk, on 23 August 2012 - 11:46 PM, said:

I tried MCEdit, but it was really slow.  Single player commands dosn't work for me.  Voxelsniper is the only one, but I have only minecraftsp.  I can't buy it.  And don't try to insult me, I have worked on a tv show.  I am not kidding.  I'm 12.
you have worked on a tv show dose not mean you can tell people to not insult you cause you cant afford a mc account ._.

reese335
    reese335

Newly Spawned

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 01:53 AM

Posted Image Posted ImagePosted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image BUIDDERPosted ImagePosted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image  YES

Gallifrey1234

Posted 04 September 2013 - 02:42 AM

so that's your first post? really? also, could someone please maybe post a tutorial on how to change the server that minecraft starts in sp worlds to bukkit? that would be amazing. Also if you did that, where would the plugins folder and all the other generated files go?