• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

Login error: Not Downloaded

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

omega jinsei

Posted 07 November 2011 - 04:58 PM

Hi, I'm having a bit of an issue here: I have just downloaded a fresh copy of Minecraft (no .minecraft folder before download), but whenever I try to log in, it says "Login Failed" and below the "Try Again" and "Play Offline" buttons, it says "(not downloaded) and "Play Offline" is grayed-out. When I looked in the .minecraft folder, it was completely empty. However, when I loaded Minecraft Classic in my browser, a folder labeled "resources" was created, but it was empty, too. Can anybody offer a solution?

Posted Image

Register or log in to remove.

Wazupnow

Posted 07 November 2011 - 05:01 PM

Above login there is options, in options click force update, then done, login. Why are you trying to play offline?

omega jinsei

Posted 07 November 2011 - 05:35 PM

View PostWazupnow, on 07 November 2011 - 05:01 PM, said:

Above login there is options, in options click force update, then done, login. Why are you trying to play offline?
I tried the force update, but nothing happened. I had mentioned the lack of a "play offline" option because it is a result of the main issue: the fact that the .minecraft folder is empty (hence the "not downloaded" error), even after several download/login attempts

Posted Image

vurunan
    vurunan

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 511 posts
  • Minecraft: Same as here

Posted 07 November 2011 - 05:51 PM

If the .minecraft folder is empty why keep it?Maybe that is why you cant download
Posted Image

omega jinsei

Posted 07 November 2011 - 06:03 PM

View Postvurunan, on 07 November 2011 - 05:51 PM, said:

If the .minecraft folder is empty why keep it?Maybe that is why you cant download
The .minecraft folder IS the backbone of Minecraft. If I'm not mistaken, the .minecraft folder is supposed to be created and filled upon running Minecraft for the first time. Mine is not doing that.

Posted Image

vurunan
    vurunan

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 511 posts
  • Minecraft: Same as here

Posted 07 November 2011 - 06:10 PM

Yes but im telling you to delete it because its empty.If you delete it and force update it will download a new .minecraft folder and all of the files.Maybe it didnt want to force update because it was registering that you already have a .minecraft folder
Posted Image

Bakugo
    Bakugo

Void Walker

• Members
  • 1686 posts
  • Minecraft: bakugo

Posted 07 November 2011 - 06:13 PM

You need to actually log in to a premium account.

Posted Image

voordal
    voordal

Creeper Destroyer

• Members
  • 5680 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 06:15 PM

You click Force Update and THEN log in. Thats when it downloads all the files.
Did your world disappear from minecraft? Is it corrupt? Lags? Can't move? "Saving Chunks" Crash? Crashes when you open chests? It can be saved!
Minecraft Saver World Recovery Website: http://mcsaver.net.  Recover and save your precious worlds! Over 1500 saved!

omega jinsei

Posted 07 November 2011 - 08:08 PM

View Postbakugo, on 07 November 2011 - 06:13 PM, said:

You need to actually log in to a premium account.
I have said account, and have had it since alpha.

Posted Image

Feokris
    Feokris

Diamond Miner

• Members
  • 758 posts
  • Minecraft: Feokris

Posted 07 November 2011 - 09:08 PM

I just had this problem. It's actually a problem with logging you in. It's reading your password as incorrect in the launcher, so it doesn't start the download. I just went onto the site and put in a new password, and it worked fine afterwards. Hopefully this solves the problem for you. . x .
I am sorry I have failed you, oh mighty forum overlords. I shall accept my banishment from mod-ship with pride, and go on to- Oh, look. A cookie! What was I saying again?

omega jinsei

Posted 08 November 2011 - 12:33 AM

View PostFeokris, on 07 November 2011 - 09:08 PM, said:

I just had this problem. It's actually a problem with logging you in. It's reading your password as incorrect in the launcher, so it doesn't start the download. I just went onto the site and put in a new password, and it worked fine afterwards. Hopefully this solves the problem for you. . x .
I changed my password and, as you said, it solved the issue! Thanks! :lol:

Posted Image

Syndos
    Syndos

Newly Spawned

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 11:42 PM

Well that won't work for me why?]

RedstoneMaker456

Posted 09 March 2012 - 12:57 AM

I just had this same error. I bet your way works but my account is using a gmail account that I have taken away IDK how to change the email adress for my account plz help. Posted Image

SHOOPDAWHOOPDA

Posted 31 March 2012 - 06:25 PM

why dont download the minecraft sp launcher it never says not downloaded

TheCheeseKnees
  • Minecraft: 123jozef

Posted 02 April 2012 - 11:52 AM

Sp Launcher? What's that?
Archaeopteryx ftw

vincentbrianalcasid

Posted 06 May 2012 - 11:43 PM

im having the same problem -.- um....i downloaded minecraft sp but i cant use mods on it and i did what you guys said but its still said not downloaded....so i got mad and deleted .minecraft how tf do i fix this?i also downt have an account so please dont tell me that i need a premium account because when my minecraft was still working im can still save my work, play and even use mods.... can you help?

Derstig
    Derstig

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 01:46 PM

I have a solution for this. Just download the "Updater" put your MC name and wualah. But if you have a premium account you wont be able to join premium servers. :)

Heres the link: http://www.mediafire...m99btapm4js8wg8

Next224
    Next224

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 08:16 PM

This happens to me too. Unfortunately my minecraft launcher cant connect to the internet Its not the password issue. Does anybody know why I cant connect? My internet works and it has been working for months before.

TwYee
    TwYee

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 10:22 AM

I have the same problems here too, i am trying to get rid of the mods . and to easily to do that i deleted the .minecraft foler. now i am screwed.

TheLiberator102

Posted 09 July 2012 - 01:24 AM

Hi i use Linux and i have tried all of these things but they havent worked. Please help if you can.