(Released February 24, 2014)
JourneyMap is a client mod which maps your Minecraft world in real-time as you explore. You can view the live map in a web browser, on your iPad or Android Tablet, or in-game. It requires Forge.
It now comes in two editions, Unlimited and FairPlay. If your MP server is strict about radar and cave mapping, you can use FairPlay and be worry-free! See JourneyMap Editions for a full comparison.)
Web UI Screenshots (click):
In-Game UI Screenshots (click):
- It works in single-player and multi-player worlds without the need for a server-side mod.
- You can use the new Minimap or the full-screen map in-game.
- You get a daylight map, a moonlight map, cave maps by vertical slice, Nether maps, and End maps.
- Do you use Rei's Minimap or Zan's Minimap (VoxelMap) ? As of JourneyMap 2.5.0, your waypoints will now be displayed on the maps.
- You can see nearby monsters, animals, villagers, pets, named mobs, and other players.
- New in 3.0: You can auto-map an entire single-player world with the click of a button
- You can also save a PNG image of any map.
- With new IOS and Android support, you can even use your iPad or Android Tablet as a live map display.
- Forge Recommended Release for Minecraft 1.6.4 or 1.7.2
Chinese, Czech, Dutch, English, French, German,
Italian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish
Help translate JourneyMap into a new language
What's New In 3.3.2:
Added generic support for custom block textures like ExtraUtils connected textures
Bugfix where Singleplayer games opened to LAN didn't show other player icons
Bugfix where Singlerplayer games opened to LAN weren't treated like multiplayer games
Bugfix where Multiplayer player icons in the browser were causing "No OpenGL context found in the current thread" errors
Defensive measures put in place for errors thrown by uk.co.shadeddimensions.ep3.block.BlockFrame
Reduced logging of 404 errors in FileService
Logging-related improvements (more uniformity across SEVERE-level log statements)
- Bugfix for disabled waypoints (when using Zans/Voxel or Rei’s waypoints)
- Incorporates an error reporting library called ModInfo
- ModLoader is no longer supported. You must use Forge.
- New Feature: Minimap! See the JourneyMap Options -> Minimap... screen when in-game.
- New Feature: You can now provide your own map icons for custom mod creatures in journeyMap/custom/img/entity
- (PDH-6L6-GEN9) Bugfix for crashes when used with Thaumcraft (wisps)
- (GUT-4L9-GB5Z) Bugfix: improved scrolling behavior in full-screen map
- Player icon is now smaller (by popular request)
- Significant "under the hood" changes for the new Forge and Minecraft environment
- Keybindings added and customizable through the standard Minecraft Controls menu
- Language files migrated to standard resourcepack framework
- Languages files updated: en_US, pl_PL
- Languages files added: es_ES, pt_PT
- In-game UI and Web UI completely re-written to be much faster, zoom out further, and have no texture distortions.
- Cave/Indoor mapping now shows large bodies of water at the same depth and a dimmed view of “outside” surface at the same elevation
- The icons for other players are now their Minecraft skin (no longer a generic Steve face)
- Chat is now visible when the In-game Map is open
- New feature for single-player: “Auto-Map” the entire world at your current elevation
- When “Show Caves” is turned off, surface mapping will be done instead of cave mapping when player is underground
- Saved map files now show the chunk grid (if enabled)
- Added support for custom blocks, biomes, and dimensions
- Changes to JourneyMap’s data file structures. Your map files will be migrated when first connecting to a new world.
- A new “custom” folder is now created in the JourneyMap folder with placeholder icons for custom mobs. These can be replaced with your own icons.
- See the Release Notes for the complete list.
- Bug (Tracking ID AW2-6EE-Z3QB): Maps overwrite on multi-world servers because the world seed is no longer provided by the MC server
We need your help to get full support on multi-world servers!
Please vote for this suggestion: WORLD UID FOR MULTI-WORLD SERVERS
Do you like using JourneyMap?I plan to continue supporting and updating JourneyMap as long as there is a decently-sized group of people using it. If you're happy with JourneyMap, let me know by clicking the "vote this post up" arrow on this post. Thanks!
Edited by techbrew, 24 February 2014 - 08:58 AM.