• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

[1.6.4 / 1.7.2] JourneyMap 3.3.2: Realtime mapping in-game or in a web browser as you explore

mapping browser radar map waypoint ios forge fml modloader

• Please log in to reply
809 replies to this topic

techbrew
    techbrew

Gold Miner

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 358 posts
  • Minecraft: mwoodman

Posted 07 November 2011 - 09:38 AM

POPULAR

JourneyMap 3.3.2 for Minecraft Forge 1.6.4 / 1.7.2
(Released February 24, 2014)

[ Home | Requirements | Download + Install ]
[ Announcements | Release Notes | Credits | Help ]

Overview:

JourneyMap is a client mod which maps your Minecraft world in real-time as you explore.  You can view the live map in a web browser, on your iPad or Android Tablet, or in-game.  It requires Forge.

It now comes in two editions, Unlimited and FairPlay.  If your MP server is strict about radar and cave mapping, you can use FairPlay and be worry-free!  See JourneyMap Editions for a full comparison.)

Web UI Screenshots (click):

Posted Image

In-Game UI Screenshots (click):

Posted Image

Features:
  • It works in single-player and multi-player worlds without the need for a server-side mod.
  • You can use the new Minimap or the full-screen map in-game.
  • You get a daylight map, a moonlight map, cave maps by vertical slice, Nether maps, and End maps.
  • Do you use Rei's Minimap or Zan's Minimap (VoxelMap) ?  As of JourneyMap 2.5.0, your waypoints will now be displayed on the maps.
  • You can see nearby monsters, animals, villagers, pets, named mobs, and other players.
  • New in 3.0:  You can auto-map an entire single-player world with the click of a button
  • You can also save a PNG image of any map.
  • With new IOS and Android support, you can even use your iPad or Android Tablet as a live map display.
Dependencies:
  • Forge Recommended Release for Minecraft 1.6.4 or 1.7.2
Supported Languages:

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image
Chinese, Czech, Dutch, English, French, German,
Italian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish
Help translate JourneyMap into a new language

What's New In 3.3.2:

• Added generic support for custom block textures like ExtraUtils connected textures

• Bugfix where Singleplayer games opened to LAN didn't show other player icons

• Bugfix where Singlerplayer games opened to LAN weren't treated like multiplayer games

• Bugfix where Multiplayer player icons in the browser were causing "No OpenGL context found in the current thread" errors

• Defensive measures put in place for errors thrown by uk.co.shadeddimensions.ep3.block.BlockFrame

• Reduced logging of 404 errors in FileService

• Logging-related improvements (more uniformity across SEVERE-level log statements)
What's New In 3.3.1:
  • Bugfix for disabled waypoints (when using Zans/Voxel or Rei’s waypoints)
  • Incorporates an error reporting library called ModInfo
What's New In 3.3.0:
  • ModLoader is no longer supported.  You must use Forge.
  • New Feature: Minimap! See the JourneyMap Options -> Minimap... screen when in-game.
  • New Feature: You can now provide your own map icons for custom mod creatures in journeyMap/custom/img/entity
  • (PDH-6L6-GEN9) Bugfix for crashes when used with Thaumcraft (wisps)
  • (GUT-4L9-GB5Z) Bugfix: improved scrolling behavior in full-screen map
  • Player icon is now smaller (by popular request)
  • Significant "under the hood" changes for the new Forge and Minecraft environment
  • Keybindings added and customizable through the standard Minecraft Controls menu
  • Language files migrated to standard resourcepack framework
  • Languages files updated: en_US, pl_PL
  • Languages files added: es_ES, pt_PT
Significant Changes in 3.0.0:
  • In-game UI and Web UI completely re-written to be much faster, zoom out further, and have no texture distortions.
  • Cave/Indoor mapping now shows large bodies of water at the same depth and a dimmed view of “outside” surface at the same elevation
  • The icons for other players are now their Minecraft skin (no longer a generic Steve face)
  • Chat is now visible when the In-game Map is open
  • New feature for single-player: “Auto-Map” the entire world at your current elevation
  • When “Show Caves” is turned off, surface mapping will be done instead of cave mapping when player is underground
  • Saved map files now show the chunk grid (if enabled)
  • Added support for custom blocks, biomes, and dimensions
  • Changes to JourneyMap’s data file structures. Your map files will be migrated when first connecting to a new world.
  • A new “custom” folder is now created in the JourneyMap folder with placeholder icons for custom mobs. These can be replaced with your own icons.
  • See the Release Notes for the complete list.
Known issues:
  • Bug (Tracking ID AW2-6EE-Z3QB): Maps overwrite on multi-world servers because the world seed is no longer provided by the MC server

We need your help to get full support on multi-world servers!
    Please vote for this suggestion: WORLD UID FOR MULTI-WORLD SERVERS

Do you like using JourneyMap?

I plan to continue supporting and updating JourneyMap as long as there is a decently-sized group of people using it.   If you're happy with JourneyMap, let me know by clicking the "vote this post up" arrow on this post.  Thanks!

Edited by techbrew, 24 February 2014 - 08:58 AM.

JourneyMap for Minecraft | Real-time mapping in-game or your browser as you explore.

Register or log in to remove.

MadeOke
    MadeOke

Zombie Killer

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 232 posts
  • Minecraft: MadeOke

Posted 07 November 2011 - 09:50 AM

err
the http://localhost just give me white screen  <_<

Posted Image

techbrew
    techbrew

Gold Miner

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 358 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 01:26 PM

View PostMadeOke, on 07 November 2011 - 09:50 AM, said:

err
the http://localhost just give me white screen  <_<

This usually happens because you need to change the default port.  Please check the Troubleshooting page: http://dev.bukkit.or...roubleshooting/

JourneyMap for Minecraft | Real-time mapping in-game or your browser as you explore.

techbrew
    techbrew

Gold Miner

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 358 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 03:28 AM

Hi all,

Cave mapping turned out to be a little tricky, so you might wonder what's going on under the covers.   I wrote up this FAQ to answer your burning questions :)

http://dev.bukkit.or...-map/cave-maps/

Builder4Free
  • Minecraft: pazzword

Posted 08 November 2011 - 03:29 AM

I love this, I cant wait to try!!
MOD EDIT: Builder4Free is awesome!

techbrew
    techbrew

Gold Miner

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 358 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 06:06 PM

Hi all.   I've put up a version of JourneyMap 0.9.0 that will work with Minecraft 1.9p5.   Be sure to get ModLoader 1.9p5 as well.  Here's instructions for download and installation:
Download and Install JourneyMap 0.9.0 for Minecraft 1.9p5

linkinpark1
  • Minecraft: longshot136

Posted 08 November 2011 - 06:20 PM

this actualy works? you freakin genius
Posted Image

techbrew
    techbrew

Gold Miner

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 358 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 08:02 AM

Sneak peek of JourneyMap 0.9.5 for Minecraft 1.9 Beta (or possibly Minecraft 1.0 Release)....

Nether mapping!
Spoiler:

Seven Dragons

Posted 09 November 2011 - 09:10 AM

This mod is incredible and very very useful.

I do have one request however: It would be nice to have this tool sort of prerender maps without needing to actually walk somewhere. I have a very large server (about 2 gigs) and I have walked a lot of it. I am currently trying to map out a 10,000+ by 10,000+ ocean on our server without flubbing things up using a terrain generator tool. So I'm manually doing it and this map would help out a lot. However, it would be nice to know what terrain has already been generated and what hasn't. If your tool could prerender chunks that already exist onto the map and the actual "unexplored" areas are ungenerated chunks I believe this mod would become much more useful than it already is.

In any case, this mod is very very useful and wonderful and great and awesome and I fully endorse it even in its current state. I will use this every time I play now.
Pride is the bane of mankind

Karinth
    Karinth

Gold Miner

• Members
  • 499 posts
  • Minecraft: Karinth

Posted 09 November 2011 - 10:18 AM

One question does this require the internet? I play mostly in an area that has no access to internet possible.

techbrew
    techbrew

Gold Miner

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 358 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 01:34 PM

View PostKarinth, on 09 November 2011 - 10:18 AM, said:

One question does this require the internet? I play mostly in an area that has no access to internet possible.

No Internet access is required.  The only thing that happens is a check to see if a newer version is available.

techbrew
    techbrew

Gold Miner

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 358 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 01:45 PM

View PostSeven Dragons, on 09 November 2011 - 09:10 AM, said:

This mod is incredible and very very useful.

I do have one request however: It would be nice to have this tool sort of prerender maps without needing to actually walk somewhere. I have a very large server (about 2 gigs) and I have walked a lot of it. I am currently trying to map out a 10,000+ by 10,000+ ocean on our server without flubbing things up using a terrain generator tool. So I'm manually doing it and this map would help out a lot. However, it would be nice to know what terrain has already been generated and what hasn't. If your tool could prerender chunks that already exist onto the map and the actual "unexplored" areas are ungenerated chunks I believe this mod would become much more useful than it already is.

In any case, this mod is very very useful and wonderful and great and awesome and I fully endorse it even in its current state. I will use this every time I play now.

Thanks for the feedback and the ideas.  I'll take some time and think over the implications of your request.  The main sticking point is that this is a client mod, so there isn't any good way to access a world chunk without 'going' there.  But I'll do some experimenting and see if there is a way around that without needing a server mod.

McWire
    McWire

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 20 November 2011 - 03:34 AM

Minecraft 1.0.0-compatible version coming soon, I hope? :) I love this mod so much, I can't wait until the full version is ready! :P
Posted Image

xXLadeBladeXx
  • Minecraft: LadeBladeXL

Posted 20 November 2011 - 03:36 AM

Umm if you make it on minimap and press "M" to open it to big map it's will be great but i like he idea!
Posted Image

techbrew
    techbrew

Gold Miner

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 358 posts

Posted 20 November 2011 - 08:15 AM

View PostMcWire, on 20 November 2011 - 03:34 AM, said:

Minecraft 1.0.0-compatible version coming soon, I hope? :) I love this mod so much, I can't wait until the full version is ready! :P

Yes indeed - had a few other distractions to deal with first, but I'm planning on releasing JM 1.0 for MC 1.0 this coming week.

tyson98
    tyson98

Gold Miner

• Members
  • 375 posts
  • Minecraft: tyman5215

Posted 26 November 2011 - 03:17 AM

View Posttechbrew, on 20 November 2011 - 08:15 AM, said:

Yes indeed - had a few other distractions to deal with first, but I'm planning on releasing JM 1.0 for MC 1.0 this coming week.
:o i am so impatient lol how long probably now a day, two days?
Posted Image

tyson98
    tyson98

Gold Miner

• Members
  • 375 posts

Posted 26 November 2011 - 03:20 AM

I have a good idea for it idk how easy or hard this would be but make a plugin for a server where when anyone (jm or no jm) who make's a chunk load add's it to your in browser jorney map and then you don't have to explore as much on those servers. and when you first join a server a lot of it will already be loaded to your journey map.
Posted Image

techbrew
    techbrew

Gold Miner

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 358 posts

Posted 26 November 2011 - 03:27 AM

View Posttyson98, on 26 November 2011 - 03:17 AM, said:

:o i am so impatient lol how long probably now a day, two days?

I had to wait for MCP to come out with a 1.0.0 version first.  It finally has, so I'm recompiling now.  Hopefully I'll have it tested and out in a few hours.  Any sanity test volunteers?

tyson98
    tyson98

Gold Miner

• Members
  • 375 posts

Posted 26 November 2011 - 03:55 AM

View Posttechbrew, on 26 November 2011 - 03:27 AM, said:

I had to wait for MCP to come out with a 1.0.0 version first.  It finally has, so I'm recompiling now.  Hopefully I'll have it tested and out in a few hours.  Any sanity test volunteers?
cool and what do you think of my plugin idea?
Posted Image

techbrew
    techbrew

Gold Miner

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 358 posts

Posted 26 November 2011 - 03:59 AM

View Posttyson98, on 26 November 2011 - 03:20 AM, said:

I have a good idea for it idk how easy or hard this would be but make a plugin for a server where when anyone (jm or no jm) who make's a chunk load add's it to your in browser jorney map and then you don't have to explore as much on those servers. and when you first join a server a lot of it will already be loaded to your journey map.

Great ideas, keep them coming.  I think I'll tackle a server-side JourneyMap in the future, but I want to get the client fully-fleshed-out before I tackle that.  :)