• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

Potion recipe book?

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

silver593

Posted 06 November 2011 - 04:06 PM

What do you think if they added a "Potion book" telling you all the potion recipes when you open it up?

Register or log in to remove.

Zaryan
    Zaryan

Obsidian Miner

• Members
  • 1437 posts
  • Minecraft: Zaryan

Posted 06 November 2011 - 04:08 PM

How about if it only shows recipes you've used? As if the player was writing the recipes as he/she discovered them.
I like to give +1's out to the grammatically inclined.Also if you want me to reply to you, quote me.

View Postblaster, on 04 December 2011 - 10:37 PM, said:

Grab a mug of bacon and sit down.

silver593

Posted 06 November 2011 - 04:11 PM

View PostZaryan, on 06 November 2011 - 04:08 PM, said:

How about if it only shows recipes you've used? As if the player was writing the recipes as he/she discovered them.
I didnt think of that. that is a really good idea!

seenbo
    seenbo

Iron Miner

• Members
  • 272 posts
  • Minecraft: Seenbo

Posted 06 November 2011 - 04:11 PM

i thought the same thing
Posted Image
PSN:Seenbo1337 Se(cret)en(d)bo(ss)

ironbran
    ironbran

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 243 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 04:14 PM

i smell an achievement...
Posted Image

KyoShinda
    KyoShinda

Enderman Ender

• Members
  • 8155 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 04:16 PM

If they already know how to make it then what's the point of writing it down?

Anyways, for anyone who makes potions you don't need a 'cook book' of any kind because they are all simple recipes and it would server no purpose to have a book for it if you already know the recipes. If you don't know them there's a wiki for that. Why do I say that? If you had a recipe book you could craft to see all the recipes (if you just started on potion making) how would you know how to make the recipe book? You would have to look on the wiki how to make the recipe book and while you're there you mine as well look up how to make the potions...

A recipe book is pointless either way but would make a good aesthetic, maybe a book stand next to your brewing stand?
Posted Image

silver593

Posted 06 November 2011 - 04:19 PM

View PostKyoShinda, on 06 November 2011 - 04:16 PM, said:

If they already know how to make it then what's the point of writing it down?

Anyways, for anyone who makes potions you don't need a 'cook book' of any kind because they are all simple recipes and it would server no purpose to have a book for it if you already know the recipes. If you don't know them there's a wiki for that. Why do I say that? If you had a recipe book you could craft to see all the recipes (if you just started on potion making) how would you know how to make the recipe book? You would have to look on the wiki how to make the recipe book and while you're there you mine as well look up how to make the potions...

A recipe book is pointless either way but would make a good aesthetic, maybe a book stand next to your brewing stand?
there are a little over thirty recipes of potions i can only remember twenty. so i think it would be great.

trineops
    trineops

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1099 posts
  • Minecraft: gam60v6r

Posted 06 November 2011 - 04:21 PM

just go to the mc wiki and go to potions section. Almost all are there.
Did i help you please plz the little green rate thingy!
Posted Image

KyoShinda
    KyoShinda

Enderman Ender

• Members
  • 8155 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 04:25 PM

View Postsilver593, on 06 November 2011 - 04:19 PM, said:

there are a little over thirty recipes of potions i can only remember twenty. so i think it would be great.
Right now? Hmm let me see...
You got strength speed weakness slow fire-resist instant-heal instant-damage and regen as of right now, there could be a couple more but that's not many whatsoever.
Posted Image

silver593

Posted 06 November 2011 - 04:39 PM

View PostKyoShinda, on 06 November 2011 - 04:25 PM, said:

Right now? Hmm let me see...
You got strength speed weakness slow fire-resist instant-heal instant-damage and regen as of right now, there could be a couple more but that's not many whatsoever.
Wrong there is. 4 Mundane potions, Akward potion, Thick potion, Potion of weakness, Potion of healing, Potion of fire resistance, Potion of regeneration, Potion of swiftness, Potion of poison, 2 Potion of weakness, Potion of weakness (reduced), Potion of fire resistance (extended), Potion of instant health 2, Potion of strength(extended), Potion of strength 2, Potion of swiftness (extended), Potion of swiftness 2, Potion of harming, 3 Potion of harming 2, Potion of poison (extended), Potion of poison 2, Potion of slowness (reduced), Potion of slowness (extended), 3 Potion of weakness (reduced). Your argument is invalid. these can also all be turned into splash.

The Craftinator
  • Minecraft: Pwnagemeister

Posted 06 November 2011 - 04:49 PM

How about just add write-able books and just copy down the recipies from the wiki? PROBLEM SOLVED.
I'm a stoner. A redstoner.

KyoShinda
    KyoShinda

Enderman Ender

• Members
  • 8155 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 04:50 PM

View Postsilver593, on 06 November 2011 - 04:39 PM, said:

Wrong there is. 4 Mundane potions, Akward potion, Thick potion, Potion of weakness, Potion of healing, Potion of fire resistance, Potion of regeneration, Potion of swiftness, Potion of poison, 2 Potion of weakness, Potion of weakness (reduced), Potion of fire resistance (extended), Potion of instant health 2, Potion of strength(extended), Potion of strength 2, Potion of swiftness (extended), Potion of swiftness 2, Potion of harming, 3 Potion of harming 2, Potion of poison (extended), Potion of poison 2, Potion of slowness (reduced), Potion of slowness (extended), 3 Potion of weakness (reduced). Your argument is invalid. these can also all be turned into splash.
ok so I forgot to add potion of poison and splash, extension and reducing are not potion types, they are just modifications if you haven't noticed.
potion type+extension/reduction+splash
nonetheless there's only a handful of actual TYPES
Adding mundane awkward and thick is unnecessary to boot.
Posted Image

assassin10

Posted 06 November 2011 - 05:06 PM

What to do when you can't remember how to make potions:

Write it down. We have signs you know. Just write down the name or effect of the potion on the first line, first ingredient on the second, second ingredient on the third, and third ingredient on the fourth. Then whenever you need to remember just look.

And there's no reason to consider extended, empowered, or splash potions as separate from the original. It is simple to remember what redstone, glowstone, and gunpowder do.
The Sun rises in the North!
Now these points of data make a beautiful line...

KyoShinda
    KyoShinda

Enderman Ender

• Members
  • 8155 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 05:11 PM

View Postassassin10, on 06 November 2011 - 05:06 PM, said:

What to do when you can't remember how to make potions:

Write it down. We have signs you know. Just write down the name or effect of the potion on the first line, first ingredient on the second, second ingredient on the third, and third ingredient on the fourth. Then whenever you need to remember just look.

And there's no reason to consider extended, empowered, or splash potions as separate from the original. It is simple to remember what redstone, glowstone, and gunpowder do.
Exactly my point. For the most part it's about method. 'Recipes' are quite obvious, you only have to know what ingredient causes what kind of potion once. They would make a book for crafting recipes long before a book for potion recipes.
Posted Image

Voz
    Voz

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 39 posts
  • Minecraft: crazyfrog0

Posted 29 November 2011 - 01:43 PM

Why dont u just call Risugami to make one lol :P