Latest News Article

Making money on youtube minecraft videos

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

ThisIsSparta3
  • Minecraft: ThisIsSparta3

Posted 05 November 2011 - 09:31 PM

Hi,
I got a message from youtube today giving me an offer to make money on my videos. Now this would be awesome, but the majority of my videos are minecraft ones and in the message there was something specifically saying you need written permission to make money off of videos with work that is someone else's. Is there any way I can do this without contacting :iapprove: himself?
Thanks in advance :)

Posted Image

Register or log in to remove.

TheHowling
  • Minecraft: Victorian_Rat

Posted 05 November 2011 - 09:33 PM

Sounds a bit fishy if you ask me
Posted Image

maxberrycrunch

Posted 05 November 2011 - 09:34 PM

you have 7 subscribers... you need 5000 for a partnership.  someone is messing with you.

mrporkman

Posted 05 November 2011 - 09:35 PM

dont do it.
it will add ads to your videos.
but if you like me you will have ad block plus.
oh and for 100 views you get 10 cents in American i think.
MY YOUTUBE http://www.youtube.com/user/TheMrporkman . . . .the guy below me is lying.
MY STEAM ID : MRPORKMAN . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .the guy above me is telling the truth.

ThisIsSparta3

Posted 05 November 2011 - 09:38 PM

View Postmaxberrycrunch, on 05 November 2011 - 09:34 PM, said:

you have 7 subscribers... you need 5000 for a partnership.  someone is messing with you.
i know someone with 4919 who has a partnership, and it's not saying anything about one.

Posted Image

Killer_bunny420
  • Minecraft: Killer_Bunny420

View PostThisIsSparta3, on 05 November 2011 - 09:31 PM, said:

Hi,
I got a message from youtube today giving me an offer to make money on my videos. Now this would be awesome, but the majority of my videos are minecraft ones and in the message there was something specifically saying you need written permission to make money off of videos with work that is someone else's. Is there any way I can do this without contacting :iapprove: himself?
Thanks in advance :)
The terms of use say "You're free to do whatever you want with screenshots and videos of the game" you can read it in full here
Minecraft Terms of Use @ MInecraft.net
So your free to do whatever you like .
Posted Image

RedStorm115

I got the same message.

According to Minecraft terms it says "You can do whatever you want with screenshots and videos of the game."

Snokar
    Snokar

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 19 posts
  • Minecraft: Snokar

Posted 05 November 2011 - 09:41 PM

Why would you do that? Notch allows people to make vids on youtube to have fun, share ideas and more. The only thing you think of is to get money, fame and attention? Not cool.

ThisIsSparta3

Posted 05 November 2011 - 09:41 PM

View PostKiller_bunny420, on 05 November 2011 - 09:38 PM, said:

The terms of use say "You're free to do whatever you want with screenshots and videos of the game" you can read it in full here
Minecraft Terms of Use @ MInecraft.net
So your free to do whatever you like .
That's all i needed to know. Thanks :)

Posted Image

Killer_bunny420
  • Minecraft: Killer_Bunny420

Posted 05 November 2011 - 09:42 PM

View PostSnokar, on 05 November 2011 - 09:41 PM, said:

Why would you do that? Notch allows people to make vids on youtube to have fun, share ideas and more. The only thing you think of is to get money, fame and attention? Not cool.
SO Simon and Lewis and Beepbobvox arent cool ? What about everyone who works for Machinima? ANd on and on and on .. If you can make a living based on a video game , I say "good for you" and I envy anyone who can ,
Posted Image

Isaac_x
    Isaac_x

Blaze Extinguisher

• Members
  • 4580 posts
  • Minecraft: JamesDR

Posted 05 November 2011 - 09:49 PM

The person that sent it wouldn't say you needed to talk to Notch. They would contact you directly through Youtube, in message format, but the youtube format if that makes any sense.

If you ever inherit a large sum of money (A few thousand) and you inherit it when you're mentally immature, put it into your bank account and leave it there until you grow, trust me on this one.

Gic
    Gic

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 210 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 09:50 PM

View PostKiller_bunny420, on 05 November 2011 - 09:42 PM, said:

SO Simon and Lewis and Beepbobvox arent cool ? What about everyone who works for Machinima? ANd on and on and on .. If you can make a living based on a video game , I say "good for you" and I envy anyone who can ,
Ultimate stoning: Sitting in your wheel-chair, recording MC videos and actually living off of it!
there's only 1 word to say to a person, if he does so: WINNING!
Posted Image

Cave Johnson

Posted 06 November 2011 - 12:08 AM

7 subscribers?
It's legit... give them your credit card number....

BrentsAccount
  • Minecraft: BrentsAccount

Posted 05 December 2012 - 06:00 AM

View Postmaxberrycrunch, on 05 November 2011 - 09:34 PM, said:

doent have to be 5k. i know a guy with 144 partnered...

View Postmrporkman, on 05 November 2011 - 09:35 PM, said:

dont do it.
it will add ads to your videos.
but if you like me you will have ad block plus.
oh and for 100 views you get 10 cents in American i think.
well sure, people have to watch adds, but thats where your money comes in.

Raynbow
    Raynbow

Farlander

• Members
  • 15858 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 08:17 AM

You mean monetizing?

No, you're not allowed to do it without the owner's permission. And the revenue is veeeeeeery little if you don't get a ton of views.

SparkzHD
  • Minecraft: Black_Ra1n_
  • Xbox:SparkzHDD

Posted 05 December 2012 - 03:27 PM

Obviously, as already stated the message is probably a scam with the amount of subscribers you have. If/When you reach a certain number of subscribers and you do get a legit message from YouTube about Monetizing you should go for it. Even if you don't get many views and only earn 10 cents, you still made more then you would of from not doing it.

SparkzHDD Website

Did I help you? Please click the Posted Image button! Thanks!

xZooBLeZ
    xZooBLeZ

Diamond Miner

• Members
  • 782 posts
  • Minecraft: xZooBLeZ

Posted 05 December 2012 - 03:41 PM

For your information, that message isn't really specially for you, since it comes at random for any users.

Appearently, anyone on youtube now, no matter if you not even have a video... CAN make money (Even partnership o_O)
on their videos.
Its in the account settings, also, no its not wrong if you make money of it, the thing is though people will get ads watching your videos. If you are popular on youtube, yes of course, its always good to earn some money on what you are spending time on doing but if you are low on subs and viewers... No no.
"There is a world we cannot see, a world where all our imagination, dreams and fantasies lay true with no limitations and endless freedom. It is there as we speak, and it will always be there. Our world will never be able to connect to the other, but we will know that it is there, beyond this world. Those who you have lost in this world is there, and you will meet them when you are no longer part of our current world."
- ???

711gogeta

Posted 05 July 2013 - 08:48 PM

Well accourding to the terms of service, you can do whatever you want with minecraft. As long as you don't pirate the game. So yes you can make money off of Minecraft videos. This is one of very few games that actually let you do that.

GoldieTwinkie

Posted 06 July 2013 - 12:42 AM

syndicate and other youtubers didnty contact him and are getting paid. youtube isa alloiwng your own content made by urself involving games is allowed. plus someone is trolling you cuz you only got 16 subs. that 4916 is close enough. he can get 5k in a short amount of time.
Posted Image

DocBrown2015
  • Location: San Francisco, California, Republic of the United States
  • Minecraft: DocBrown2015
  • Xbox:DoctorBrown

Posted 06 July 2013 - 12:55 AM

if you're going to get a YouTube partnership, wait until you get a little more subscribers. At the rate Youtube videos are getting, you'll only make a couple of cents.
Posted Image "You just killed a helicopter with a car!" "Yeah, I was out of bullets." -John McClane DIE HARD