Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

Minecraft Minigames

• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

Farmer_Michael
  • Minecraft: mrasc13

Posted 05 November 2011 - 05:47 PM

I know and play spleef alot, but my friends and I have been looking for any other types of SMP Minecraft games to play.  We are in the process of creating a golf course, but we need a few great ideas and I thought the MC community would be a great resource to use. Thanks for your help!

Posted Image

Register or log in to remove.

Sparkydefay

Posted 05 November 2011 - 05:48 PM

Boat races
"Whenever i go to bed i think mobs will spawn" Said Sparkydefay

Zaryan
    Zaryan

Obsidian Miner

• Members
  • 1437 posts
  • Minecraft: Zaryan

Posted 05 November 2011 - 05:51 PM

Archery? You can make moving targets with pistons and whatnot.
I like to give +1's out to the grammatically inclined.Also if you want me to reply to you, quote me.

View Postblaster, on 04 December 2011 - 10:37 PM, said:

Grab a mug of bacon and sit down.

redwrecks
  • Minecraft: redwrecks

Posted 05 November 2011 - 05:52 PM

Pig racing? trap/assault course? jump of from top of world to land in one square of water (like this one, 5 people all jumping at once all trying to land in one hole!!
)
Posted Image

ImFaLLeN

Posted 05 November 2011 - 07:38 PM

Pig racing! That would epic.
Posted Image

Maelstromner

Posted 05 November 2011 - 07:57 PM

Create a long tunnel 4x4 out of obsidian, mod in a lot of creeper spawns, wait, then tell your friends to run through the tunnel.

It's quite fun, actually.

From my model, I've only ever made it out once alive from like 15 attempts.
Google Images + Rule 34 + Curiosity = Wholesale destruction of innocence

Spritzo
    Spritzo

Stone Miner

• Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 08:03 PM

Blitzspleef. Normal spleef with a lava pit underneath, plus a floor of lava above the playing field. The floor of lava is held by dirt so that it can easily be dug up during play. So you have to avoid the lava from the ceiling as well as falling in lava below you. Clean up is annoying but it's still a very intense game.

Posted Image
^Click^

UncleRiv
    UncleRiv

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 15 posts
  • Minecraft: UncleRiv

Posted 05 November 2011 - 08:11 PM

Aside from Spleef, Extreme Survival, and PvP Arena's (regular or SDK otherwise)?

In a specific seed that a friend had found (back then when you had to open a seperate file to insert seeds) with a GIGANTIC mountain that had a huge overhang with tons of monsters and darkness inside it. I took a stopwatch and said to a friend: "Give me your items and see how long you can last down there!" He lasted a couple minutes under that cieling. I made a small stand in the hallway of our cave-home (for all 5 of us) and put a sign with the record on it. That sign would always change times and players...  :ironore:

We no longer have that seed considering how our immature server host blew everything up... (AGAIN!)

Pieman77
    Pieman77

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 6 posts
  • Minecraft: ilikepie77

Posted 31 December 2011 - 10:18 AM

Try this game my server came up with: (You need about 2+ hours of free-time to play this and about 5-30 players, you also need admin commands) Its called MLG and its a mob survival game. A smooth game with no - or + is an hour but this will probably not be the case

First, Make an Arena that has a base and lots of space for mobs to spawn. Than round up your 5-30 players. You should have chests with Bows, Arrows, Iron swords, and iron armor, your base also should have lots of cake. After all your players are done getting stuff, tell them the rules, the rules are:

No Cheat-Cheat! This applies towards, flying, God mode, and Isnta-Kill.

After that use ur admin powers to fly up and spawn mobs, the most customary to start with is 40 zombies. Your players should start attacking them. Its okay if someone dies, make sure to have a place where the people who have died can watch! About 15 minutes into the game, some people should have died, if not shout "MLG" and this will put a -15 minutes into the game, making it a 45 minute game. Spawn more mobs. But! If people have died, cast a vote and the player who gets their name called gets to be back on the battlefield. Continue to spawn mobs. 30 minutes into the game, most people might have died. If not shout "MLG" the game is now over, your team is truly MLG. But! If not, tell the people if they want the dead to come back in enchange for 15 more minutes into the game. If they say yes, bring all the dead back to life. If they say no abandon the dead. Continue to do the 30 miniutes thing repeatedly until everybody dies, you reach the time limit, or a MLG momemet happens.

Any questions, Contact me at [email protected], or inbox me!

Mackc2
    Mackc2

Carpenter

• Members
  • 61 posts
  • Minecraft: Mackc2

Posted 21 March 2012 - 12:33 PM

Ice can be used for a golf course you throw the item onto the ice and try to get it In a hole in the ice
Creepers stole my diamonds

kalajel
    kalajel

Obsidian Miner

• Members
  • 1450 posts
  • Minecraft: kalajel

Posted 21 March 2012 - 01:41 PM

King of the ladder.

supermariowii
  • Location: I am an imaginary voice inside your head; which means youre nuts
  • Minecraft: Supermariowii

Posted 25 March 2012 - 05:30 PM

Gladiators! You and your friends ride saddled pigs and have a sword or bow & arrow, and you try to kill eachother. When a pig or player is killed, the other one wins.

Or, you could play spleef jockeys, which is where every player has whatever you would use for spleef instead of a weapon, and you basically play spleef, but you're riding a pig!

You could also play duck hunt, where there is a large room with a bunch of chickens, and each player gets a bow and arrow. At the end, the player with the most chicken and feathers wins.

I also came up with soul sand parkour, which is where there is a lava pit and small pillars of soul sand jutting out of the pit, and you have to jump on the pillars to reach the other side without dying.

Also, you could play a game where you have a few minecart tracks, and everyone get in one. There will be one track that leads to the end, but the other ones have the track going into a lava pool, end portal, TNT, or other killing methods. And no player is allowed to get out of their minecart.

You could play Zombie apocalypse, which is where there is a large room, and lots of smaller rooms on the sides filled with Zombies, and there is a lever that opens all the doors, letting the zombies come out. You must kill all of the zombies without dying yourself. None of the players are allowed to flip the lever during the game. You could also try this with skeletons, silverfish, or whatever hostile mob you like.

Also, you can play trivia course (It does not need to be minecraft trivia), where there is a question on the top of an Iron door. You pull the lever and go in. There are 3 or 4 answer choices, and a lever for each. The correct answer opens the next door. The other ones will kill the players somehow.
There are about 21 questions, but you can use however many you want.

Redyoshi101
  • Minecraft: Redyoshi510
  • Xbox:xodX

Posted 26 March 2012 - 08:22 AM

www.youtube.com/user/sethbling
www.youtube.com/user/FVdisco

Have awesome minigames. Just browse their channels.

Novaleader
  • Minecraft: Novaleader

Posted 26 March 2012 - 08:52 AM

View Postkalajel, on 21 March 2012 - 01:41 PM, said:

King of the ladder.

This man knows what is going on, King of the Ladder Pillar in the Sky
"Do what makes you happy."

anpoca
    anpoca

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 10:55 PM

It pretty much depends on how much time do you want to spend and how big your group is. Those are some of my ideas:

Creeper Soccer: Build two simple structures (boxes will do) Make sure you use obsidian floor (unless you wish gaps) and highly blast-resisting materials for the structures. Just like soccer, arrange the players in two teams, one goalkeeper each. Then drop a single creeper on the middle of the field. Armed with bare hands (or a simple stick), players havr to lure the creeper into the enemy goal, and make it detonate there. If it detonates somewhere else, spawn another creeper. If a player dies, it has to wait (let's say 30 seconds) to join the match again. You can change the rules as you wish as it is a very simple game.

Mushroom Hunt: it's mushroom season and everyone goes into the forest to gather some! Pick a forest area (quite big) and enclosure it with fences. Then, place some mushrooms into the forest, just like easter eggs. Also make sure there is a door to leave the enclosured area. Every player has got a chest outside the area. Basically, the player with most mushrooms wins.

But beware! To make it a thrilling game, there is a troll loose in the forests! The troll is equipped with a decent sword (stone for longer pursuits, iron for shorter). You can also give him vines to clim up trees. If the troll kills a player, that player is out. The troll can keep the mushrooms the player was carrying and save them in his chest hidden in a log. After a set amount of time (5-10 minutes will do), the player with most mushrooms wins. Of course players can't steal from the chests (not even the troll one) and the troll can't normally gather mushrooms.

-Human Hunt: Everyone goes into a big, enclosured forest (just like in mushroom hunt) and have to survive the hunter, a player equipped with stone sword, bow and arrows. The last one standing wins.

-Salmon Race: You just need a waterfall and two boats to play this. There are two game modes: Being the last salmon staying in the top of the waterfall (going outside the water flow counts as a defeat) or being the first one to climb the waterfall.  Matches will either be really short or really long, depending on the waterfall, luck and skill

Snipey_IV

Posted 04 June 2012 - 12:04 AM

Hm..

Hide and seek (Kind of like the human hunt idea I saw):
Enclosed jungle biome (multiple trees and vies to hide and whatnot), Seeker gets a sword and a bow (infinty for easy, limit arrows for challenge :D ) make a tiny village or house somewhere in the forest base (optional). Game can vary the map for minute to HOUR games. Hour games give a test of enduring the night time :)

Test your sight (Welcome, MK fans):
Just like the archery idea, just set up wool targets and put the competitor on a minecart (coal powered for easy, powered rails for a speed challenge) or build sort of an extended tunnel, and put your target block on pistons located in the wall. Someone can control the way the pistons come out, or have repeaters automate them.

River races (for my gambling buddies):
Make 4 types of medium length rivers (or same types for fairness different types for a more interesting twist), have 4 people control boats, these people will race through the challenges of the rivers, while since their is 4 people racing, anyone spectating can "bet" on the victor. Like horse races in a sense.

Castle crushers:
Attack team has to build a bridge, and take the golden wool (yellow) from the chest. Defenders have to obviously, repel the attackers for a certain amount of time (you can specify the length with a stopwatch f sorts, have a ref or something to keep it in line) If you want to be creative, you can wire redstone to TNT and to a button, to where the attackers just have to make it to the button and blow the castle up.

That's all I have in my head for now. Nothing too special....

Massive_Smurf

Posted 04 June 2012 - 12:13 AM

Create two or three awesome railways that intersect and weave amongst each other. Make sure that it is crazy fast with powered rails pretty much making the whole thing. Arm the riders with arrows and watch as they action commences.

Snipey_IV

Posted 04 June 2012 - 12:35 AM

I got one more for you!

Hardcore dodgeball:

Simple. Set the players on a x by 1 (or 2 for easy mode) surface, two of these columns at an okay distance, facing each other.

sq    sq
sq    sq
sq    sq
sq    sq   
sq    sq

The objective is to knock the other team off their platform and to the depths below. Players are armed with snowballs so damage doesn't occur from them. Then, have at it. Chunk snowballs at players while trying to dodge the other teams snow. Last team standing wins. For a free for all mode, you can set some blocks in a star shaped pattern and have up to 5 players be in it. Last person standing wins.

sq

sq          sq

sq     sq

Dirtcopter777
  • Minecraft: Dirtcopter77

Posted 04 June 2012 - 01:15 AM

King of the ladder is pretty fun. Search it on Youtube for more info.

Also, you can always have a good old-fashioned brawl in a PVP arena, or download the Ultimate MobArena plugin and fight waves of mobs with your friends.
Posted Image

Pielover57
  • Minecraft: pielover57

Posted 04 August 2012 - 03:57 PM

You can check my minigame out in this video.