Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

In-game recorder?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

duckman1229
  • Minecraft: duckman1229

Posted 10 November 2010 - 03:45 AM

Hey there! I know that this has been suggested before, but I think it would be GREAT to have an in-game screen recorder. You could bind r to record, then press it again to stop. I just thought this would be great for making videos for people who don't have fraps and/or don't want to pay for a recording system! Thanks for reading! :Sheep:

Register or log in to remove.

FarZK
    FarZK

Forum/Wiki Sponsor

• Members
  • 716 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 03:53 AM

There are plenty of free options for recording, and I would think it is a fair bit of work to implement. Seems like there's not much point given there's already a lot of software only for this purpose

i7 2600k  | Gigabyte Z77X | Intel 520 180GB SSD (OS) + SanDisk Extreme 480GB SSD (Games/Apps) | 2x GTX 660ti SLI | 16gb RAM
Samsung Galaxy S3 (Jellybean Omega ROM) - 4x3tb QNAP NAS

GreyAcumen
    GreyAcumen

Blaze Extinguisher

• Members
  • 4570 posts
  • Minecraft: GreyAcumen

Posted 10 November 2010 - 06:56 AM

There's plenty of reason for an in game recorded, since external options generally put a HUGE drain on yoru framerate and result in horribly choppy videos. Being able to record a demo, even if so that you can THEN use an external program to record the replay of the demo would make things much easier. Valve already does this with their source games, and it's much easier than trying to record on the fly.

WelcomeToTheDarkSide
  • Minecraft: iM_Chris_xD

Posted 02 August 2011 - 09:58 AM

http://www.minecraft...173-videocraft/
Posted Image

daphne572

Posted 08 September 2011 - 07:16 AM

Yeah, you can use some screen recorder to help you record your video game when you were playing. It can help you record whatever movements you made on your computer screen, so I often use it to help me record starcraft games, and it can help me save the video to standard video format file.

Sp3tzn4z
    Sp3tzn4z

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 167 posts

Posted 08 September 2011 - 08:51 AM

View PostGreyAcumen, on 10 November 2010 - 06:56 AM, said:

There's plenty of reason for an in game recorded, since external options generally put a HUGE drain on yoru framerate and result in horribly choppy videos. Being able to record a demo, even if so that you can THEN use an external program to record the replay of the demo would make things much easier. Valve already does this with their source games, and it's much easier than trying to record on the fly.

This, replay functions is alot less demanding then recording and converting something to a usable audio/video format while playing.