Latest News Article

[REQ] Gas Mask mod.

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

lolhazard

Posted 04 November 2011 - 06:39 PM

The Gas mask mod idea!

Looking for modders!!!

Hello all mighty modders, unfortunately I am no good at modding yet I have a nice idea for one.
First of all the mod will be designed for a server.
The plot is similar to Metro 2033. You know, the nuclear winter, the unbreathable air on the surface and the ability to breath normally underground. To breath on the surface you would obviously need a gas mask and filters, I imagine it would be sort of like breathing underwater but instead it would be on the surface and when you are underground it is as if you are out of the water (Not sure if that made sense).

Perhaps an effective way for this to work would be to set the poisonous gas to be for example over Y: 40, therefore the metro with the safe air will be under Y:40.

Another one would be to create a new block that looked exactly like normal air but is poisonous if walked into without a gas mask.

Crafting

Refined leather

To craft the gas mask you would first need to craft "Refined leather"
1 refined leather is created with 4 pieces of normal leather.

Posted Image

You may be thinking "How will players be able to collect so much leather underground?" well the plan was to remove all zombies. Make skeletons rare (in this case they will be scavengers,bandits,nazis) and increase spider spawn rates by a lot, however reskin them to look more like mutants from Metro 2033. Then change the spider drops to leather. (Hopefully that is possible).

The gas mask

Posted Image

The Filter

I believe a filter would last approximately 5 minutes, to equip it onto your gas mask you will simply need to right click while holding it in the action bar.

Posted Image

= Filter. (It is empty).

The durability of the filter will automatically decrease the more time it is equipped. when the durability becomes very low your screen fogs up and when it finishes completely your character will suffocate as if being out of breath underwater.

To refill a filter you will need a work bench, a filter and 2 mushrooms. (Mushrooms because the underground metro will contain mushies).

Posted Image

= Filled up filter!

(3 spaces so that people need a workbench to refill their filters not just go around and                                                 be mobile filter refilling machines).

Thank you for reading, please feel free to post your own additional ideas!  B)
Oh and tell me what you think of the images!
Posted Image

Register or log in to remove.

BrokenEye
    BrokenEye

Nether Resident

• Members
  • 2282 posts
  • Minecraft: BrokenEye

Posted 04 November 2011 - 06:41 PM

That's cool and all. . . but there's no poison gas in Minecraft. There's actually no gas at all.
Posted Image
"Your "reality", sir, is lies and balderdash, and I'm delighted to say that I have no grasp of it whatsoever" — Baron Munchhausen

godsblade
  • Minecraft: godsblade

Posted 04 November 2011 - 06:43 PM

Maybe you could add posion gas :P if you put fire in it it explodes, and it would be underground and spread into open areas
Posted Image
« Or just go here: http://dragcave.net/user/godsblade Press that little green + for me if you want to :D godsblade , Thegodsblade. » Golden Tinsel Dragon

tyty227
    tyty227

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 199 posts
  • Minecraft: tyty227
  • Xbox:Philly Cheezz

Posted 04 November 2011 - 06:45 PM

nice idea
but why would you need one?
My skin is a rainbow cow. BEAT DAT

lolhazard

Posted 04 November 2011 - 07:52 PM

Read the beginning -_-

The reason I need one is for the server to work. It's set in post apocalyptic times, you could say similar to Metro 2033, therefore the surface of the earth has to much poisonous gases for a human to breath in normally. However The underground (Metro) contains purified air, no poison so humans establish communities there. Players will stay in the underground in the beginning however as they progress they will be able to venture out into the city ruins and scavenge them for useful supplies and goodies.

That is the point of making the gas mask.

How it works is i'm guessing you could set the poisonous gas to be at over Y: 40, anything below that will be the metro (purified). anything above that will be the surface (poisonous).
Posted Image

lolhazard

Posted 05 November 2011 - 02:27 PM

bump?
Posted Image

youcryinwar

Posted 06 November 2011 - 02:07 PM

View PostBrokenEye, on 04 November 2011 - 06:41 PM, said:

That's cool and all. . . but there's no poison gas in Minecraft. There's actually no gas at all.

going to add mustard gas or "contaminaded inviorments" so that there is a use for it
i may also add "contaminaded" mobs that when killed will drop double the loot but also cause contamination around the mobs drops
cantamination will aso infect passive mobs and grass and tree to make them unsuable and effect some other mobs and blocks
i aso plan on making decontamination units
but not all of this is 100% going to be in the mod im just in a planing stage right now
to make changes to make it a little more fun and challenging =]
Posted Image

BrokenEye
    BrokenEye

Nether Resident

• Members
  • 2282 posts
  • Minecraft: BrokenEye

Posted 07 November 2011 - 12:13 AM

View Postyoucryinwar, on 06 November 2011 - 02:07 PM, said:

going to add mustard gas or "contaminaded inviorments" so that there is a use for it
i may also add "contaminaded" mobs that when killed will drop double the loot but also cause contamination around the mobs drops
cantamination will aso infect passive mobs and grass and tree to make them unsuable and effect some other mobs and blocks
i aso plan on making decontamination units
but not all of this is 100% going to be in the mod im just in a planing stage right now
to make changes to make it a little more fun and challenging =]

Oh, that sounds pretty cool than. I'd consider downloading that maybe once its done.

You know some poison gasses works on skin contact instead of being inhaled. Maybe some of those gasses and hazard suits? That might be a fun addition in the future.
Posted Image
"Your "reality", sir, is lies and balderdash, and I'm delighted to say that I have no grasp of it whatsoever" — Baron Munchhausen

youcryinwar

Posted 11 November 2011 - 09:48 PM

View PostBrokenEye, on 07 November 2011 - 12:13 AM, said:

Oh, that sounds pretty cool than. I'd consider downloading that maybe once its done.

You know some poison gasses works on skin contact instead of being inhaled. Maybe some of those gasses and hazard suits? That might be a fun addition in the future.

yes i know some gasses work on skin contact i didnt plan on using any of them tho but i will think about using them and the hazard suit but not in first release i want to get it out as soon as posable so im only (planning) puting in: gas mask, filters, full filters, tubes, tubed filters, and a few other things i dont want to spoil to much =]
Posted Image

retrofrog

Posted 14 November 2011 - 08:36 PM

I was looking for a mod quite like this (that's why i foudn your idea) and I think you should check out finite liquids because I though that having a poisonous gas (that behaved like the liquids in that mod) and pumps would be cool since then you would have to create an entirely self sufficient city with friends and have to make it air tight (or die) I also like the idea of it lighting up if it is set on fire and creating a massive flash, lots of damage (non structural) and light up wood, wool ect. what do you think of any of these idea?

youcryinwar

Posted 19 November 2011 - 12:59 PM

View Postretrofrog, on 14 November 2011 - 08:36 PM, said:

I was looking for a mod quite like this (that's why i foudn your idea) and I think you should check out finite liquids because I though that having a poisonous gas (that behaved like the liquids in that mod) and pumps would be cool since then you would have to create an entirely self sufficient city with friends and have to make it air tight (or die) I also like the idea of it lighting up if it is set on fire and creating a massive flash, lots of damage (non structural) and light up wood, wool ect. what do you think of any of these idea?

uhhh not to bad i think i could add a few but me and lolhazard are already making this a huge project what you see above in the ideas isnt even the half of it (but i promised i would finish it so i will) but i will do this in an update for the mod i just want to get this mod out as quick as possible then i will add stuff in updates but i will keep them in mind
Posted Image

youcryinwar

Posted 14 December 2011 - 11:52 AM

my new computer is almost here (insert cheers) and almost done planning (insert louder cheers) so i need some alpha testers anyone up
Posted Image

lolhazard

Posted 16 December 2011 - 08:54 AM

View Postyoucryinwar, on 14 December 2011 - 11:52 AM, said:

my new computer is almost here (insert cheers) and almost done planning (insert louder cheers) so i need some alpha testers anyone up

Me for sure!
Posted Image

ZombieRussian13

Posted 21 December 2011 - 05:05 AM

View Postyoucryinwar, on 14 December 2011 - 11:52 AM, said:

Seems to be a cool mod so me to!!!! :)
Posted Image

Dakilla816
  • Minecraft: dakilla816

Posted 21 December 2011 - 07:28 PM

What about if it prevents all splash potion effects, as it blocks out the fumes the potions emit when smashed.
I make skins on PMC.
And maybee a teeextchurr pahhckkkgg! oh wow!

Keshboin
  • Minecraft: Keshboin

Posted 21 December 2011 - 07:30 PM

Not a bad idea.
If you like what I have to say, then +1 me.

Trolololololo

Posted 23 December 2011 - 03:52 AM

Can I help with testing , ima huge fan of this mod, by the way will it be available for smp?
Posted Image

youcryinwar

Posted 23 December 2011 - 04:06 AM

View PostTrolololololo, on 23 December 2011 - 03:52 AM, said:

Can I help with testing , ima huge fan of this mod, by the way will it be available for smp?
if you want to help you can
and yes i will eventual make it for SMP (insert cheers so loud the Chinese can hear it)
Posted Image

youcryinwar

Posted 23 December 2011 - 04:22 AM

mod will be delayed i have some family stuff to do
Posted Image

Trolololololo

Posted 24 December 2011 - 02:04 PM

View Postyoucryinwar, on 23 December 2011 - 04:06 AM, said:

if you want to help you can
and yes i will eventual make it for SMP (insert cheers so loud the Chinese can hear it)

Pm me when you get started XD
Posted Image