Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

The Aether(Anti-Nether Realm) Current Topic: New Nether

• Please log in to reply
4062 replies to this topic

Frostbite
  • Minecraft: Koolkylekool

Posted 20 July 2011 - 08:17 PM

Nah, Notch is already planning on changing how the World Generator spawns in the skybox, so there may be floating islands in the future, which wouldn't roll too well with the whole Aether thing. Sorry, bruh, this idea just seems not good enough for a +1.

View PostThe_Phantom_Potato, on 26 April 2011 - 02:13 AM, said:

Breaking news: Iron is now cake.

Register or log in to remove.

ethood1999

Posted 21 July 2011 - 03:59 PM

View PostSpitefulFox, on 17 July 2011 - 09:33 PM, said:

Actually, I'm gonna expand upon my previous post.

Any Aether Collab Mod related posts in this thread will be warned for posting Off Topic.

Please report any such posts from here on out.

I don't want to see this thread locked because I think there's still a place for it and it's unfair to shut it down just because a lot of people can't read.

I'm confused. Difference between this and the "Aether Collab Mod"?
I am currently beating Minecraft Forum's silly & stupid limits. This signature will definitely be more than 2 lines long. Who da fudge even came up with that silly rule?

Ha ha MCF
Minecraft is definitely a lot worse now.

I'm serious
I don't see how anyone can legitimately play this game and have fun

Wanna know why I think it's so bad?
It took Mojang over 2 months to finish 1.8

My reaction when 1.8 came out?
LOL is this some kind of joke?

Then I sadly figured out that it wasn't a joke.
1. Less updates, much less frequently.

They are implementing features that suck
Example?

Hunger system.
The hunger system sucks.

Do I have to explain why?
No seriously, do I really have to explain why? Look at the many threads about it on this forum.

I'm against the hunger system
2. They add in pointless updates, even some that make the game worse.

I don't feel like finishing this post with more reasons, maybe I'll do it later.
Anyways, at the end of the day, Minecraft has been sucking lately.

Oh yeah!
Take this Minecraft Forum! My signature is longer than 2 lines! HA HA HA HA HA.

Cobalt32
    Cobalt32

Nether Resident

• Members
  • 2135 posts

Posted 21 July 2011 - 05:01 PM

View Postethood1999, on 21 July 2011 - 03:59 PM, said:

Yes, very big difference.

Posted Image

SpitefulFox
  • Minecraft: SpitefulFox

Posted 21 July 2011 - 06:48 PM

View Postethood1999, on 21 July 2011 - 03:59 PM, said:

If you read the two threads, you'll see that the two are VERY different.  Furthermore, the people behind this thread are NOT the people working on the mod, so asking questions about the mod in here is not only off-topic, but an exercise in futility.

zxin
    zxin

Carpenter

• Members
  • 51 posts
  • Minecraft: zxin

Posted 22 July 2011 - 07:18 AM

woo! go AETHER! Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Thanks For Your Time
-ƶẍįṉ

Lianam
    Lianam

Coal Miner

• Members
  • 121 posts

Posted 24 July 2011 - 05:19 PM

Uhg, those modders.

it's like how a movie to a really good book turns out nothing like the book.

Lianam
    Lianam

Coal Miner

• Members
  • 121 posts

Posted 24 July 2011 - 05:54 PM

View PostGreyAcumen, on 16 June 2011 - 06:09 PM, said:

Gee... something that acts as an opposite to flint and steel. hrmm.. whatEVER could THAT be? Lets see, flint and steel creates fire when you right click on a block. I guess we need something gets RID of fire when you right click on a block. Oh golly gee, I think I've figured out what does that already; A BUCKET OF WATER!

No. What is wrong with people's creativity that the closest thing to an idea they can come up with is "Aether is opposite of Nether, so all blocks should be opposite of all other blocks!"
Gee, Netherrack is red, so blocks in the Aether should be GREEN! and since light travels further in the Nether, Light should actually travel shorter in the Aether, and since you can breathe in the Nether, you should constantly suffocate while in the Aether, and since gravity points down in the Nether, gravity should point up in hte Aether!

First of all, when it comes to minecraft, water and fire aren't quite opposite. Lava's more opposite really, but since there isn't really a true fire counterpart, you're right on that one.

Secondly, on the blocks, my suggestion is actually reasonable. The difference between those analyses is that they are completely ridiculous. Honestly, it's not that terrible of an idea, and it works. My logic is that you need to encourage people to go to both realms, both with equally valuable resources that can be only found there. And what's so wrong galestone and flowvein being crafted? And with the darkgem, it's there because the Aether is too bright. The nether dealt with being too dark by having fire, lava, and glowstone. The Aether has night and caves. Darkgem could help with the brightness, since I don't want my house in the middle of a floating island to be blinding light inside, and a don't want to get rid of the windows. And having a block with the properties of Aetherrock in the nether would make it more dangerous, which is good, considering the fact that there nether is pretty much the safest place you can go as of now. Combine it with the New Nether ideas and then people would die more often.

Your thoughts?

Equeon
    Equeon

Glowstone Miner

• Members
  • 3005 posts

Posted 24 July 2011 - 07:44 PM

From what I've heard, the mod is so much different from the original thread...

That's a shame. For so long I've wanted this suggestion to become reality.
But I'll take what I can get, you know what I mean?
Posted Image

aattss
    aattss

Obsidian Miner

• Members
  • 1214 posts
  • Minecraft: aattss

Posted 24 July 2011 - 08:56 PM

The mod sounds better than the suggestion.

AwSidney
    AwSidney

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 26 July 2011 - 06:27 AM

Because Lightstone is so much easier to craft now, you should make "Holy Stone" made from,obviously, "Holy Dust" compiled of either four Gold Ingots with one Lightstone block in the center, one Gold Block surrounded by eight Lightstone Dust, or one Diamond surrounded by eight Lightstone dust.

Theboomyfly
  • Minecraft: Theboomyfly

Posted 27 July 2011 - 03:40 PM

I like the whole idea but i think this should also be posible ton have on multyplayer.

Atkana
    Atkana

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2171 posts
  • Minecraft: Em0srawk
  • Xbox:Atkana

Posted 27 July 2011 - 03:54 PM

View PostTheboomyfly, on 27 July 2011 - 03:40 PM, said:

I like the whole idea but i think this should also be posible ton have on multyplayer.
It would be... this is a suggestion for the core game - why wouldn't it be in multiplayer?

Posted Image

Ketran
    Ketran

Void Walker

• Members
  • 1516 posts
  • Minecraft: Ketran

Posted 27 July 2011 - 04:47 PM

View PostAtkana, on 27 July 2011 - 03:54 PM, said:

It would be... this is a suggestion for the core game - why wouldn't it be in multiplayer?

If anything, this will become a craft bukkit plugin, which would be brilliant. But I really think Notch should give up on the sky lands, hire these folks and buy the Aether, it's amazing.
If you re-post an idea I will yell at you, If you suggest guns I will yell at you, If you suggest space travel wid dimonds fur balanse I will yell at you, If you suggest cars I will yell at you, If your avatar is a creeper I will yell at you.

shroom207
    shroom207

Obsidian Miner

• Members
  • 1458 posts
  • Minecraft: nottellingyou

Posted 27 July 2011 - 04:50 PM

View PostKetran, on 27 July 2011 - 04:47 PM, said:

If anything, this will become a craft bukkit plugin, which would be brilliant. But I really think Notch should give up on the sky lands, hire these folks and buy the Aether, it's amazing.
Man who knows notch may even combine the both of them somehow...

Posted ImageTake the Magic: The Gathering 'What Color Are You?' Quiz.

Btw i have been playing minecraft since 0.0.9a which was before infdev... Which was back in May 16, 2009... So if you have a minecraft question ask me :) I should know the answer.(Also yeah i know about the time when i joined the forums... But for a while i was never social until like june of 2011... So i never bothered to make a minecraft forum account till like june... Because it would never get used.)

Ketran
    Ketran

Void Walker

• Members
  • 1516 posts
  • Minecraft: Ketran

Posted 27 July 2011 - 04:53 PM

View Postshroom207, on 27 July 2011 - 04:50 PM, said:

Man who knows notch may even combine the both of them somehow...
I doubt it, he quite likes to sit on his throne of our money and stuff his face with Swedish meatballs while Jeb does all the work.
If you re-post an idea I will yell at you, If you suggest guns I will yell at you, If you suggest space travel wid dimonds fur balanse I will yell at you, If you suggest cars I will yell at you, If your avatar is a creeper I will yell at you.

shroom207
    shroom207

Obsidian Miner

• Members
  • 1458 posts
  • Minecraft: nottellingyou

Posted 27 July 2011 - 04:54 PM

View PostKetran, on 27 July 2011 - 04:53 PM, said:

I doubt it, he quite likes to sit on his throne of our money and stuff his face with Swedish meatballs while Jeb does all the work.
lol

Posted ImageTake the Magic: The Gathering 'What Color Are You?' Quiz.

Btw i have been playing minecraft since 0.0.9a which was before infdev... Which was back in May 16, 2009... So if you have a minecraft question ask me :) I should know the answer.(Also yeah i know about the time when i joined the forums... But for a while i was never social until like june of 2011... So i never bothered to make a minecraft forum account till like june... Because it would never get used.)

Bumber
    Bumber

Portal Expert

• Members
  • 5000 posts
  • Location: Loafing around like bread and growing binary trees.
  • Minecraft: rwilliams1990

Posted 28 July 2011 - 03:10 AM

View PostKetran, on 27 July 2011 - 04:53 PM, said:

That's when he's not doing this:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
I lurk sometimes. I don't post anymore.

DeathJoker00

Posted 28 July 2011 - 04:21 AM

I agree... I mean. He made a large portion of the game, but it does seem that Jeb is actually doing most of the work now. I check Notch's twitter every now and again, and there is barely anything about the game. But if you check Jeb's... Its either the game or his lady interest.

yukumari000
  • Minecraft: yukumari000

Posted 28 July 2011 - 05:40 AM

View PostDeathJoker00, on 28 July 2011 - 04:21 AM, said:

I agree... I mean. He made a large portion of the game, but it does seem that Jeb is actually doing most of the work now. I check Notch's twitter every now and again, and there is barely anything about the game. But if you check Jeb's... Its either the game or his lady interest.

well he Is head coder. Meaning that most of the stuff he does dosnt actually involve coming yp with idea's, but actually coding them so that they can be implamented in game.

Posted Image

SpitefulFox
  • Minecraft: SpitefulFox

Posted 28 July 2011 - 06:39 AM

View PostKetran, on 27 July 2011 - 04:47 PM, said:

Why would this suggestion be a craft bukkit plugin?  This is a suggestion for the core game, not a mod.