• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

Keeping some items when you die

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

Poll: Keeping some items when you die (21 member(s) have cast votes)

do you like this idea

1. yes (4 votes [19.05%])

Percentage of vote: 19.05%

2. no (13 votes [61.90%])

Percentage of vote: 61.90%

3. maybe is it was tweaked a bit (4 votes [19.05%])

Percentage of vote: 19.05%

Vote Guests cannot vote

saffers101
  • Minecraft: saffers

Posted 03 November 2011 - 11:10 PM

We all know how annoying it is when you die and loose all of our stuff, so I thought of a system. When you open your inventory, there should be a separate 3-by-3 grid where whatever you put there stays with you when you die, its good because it doesn't make death less dangerous but it makes you keep your diamonds if you fall in lava
When life gives you sugar, make a cake

Register or log in to remove.

SupermanNDF

Posted 03 November 2011 - 11:13 PM

View Postsaffers101, on 03 November 2011 - 11:10 PM, said:

We all know how annoying it is when you die and loose all of our stuff, so I thought of a system. When you open your inventory, there should be a separate 3-by-3 grid where whatever you put there stays with you when you die, its good because it doesn't make death less dangerous but it makes you keep your diamonds if you fall in lava
Dying adds a risk to the game.  If you could keep stuff death would be pointless unless you are on hardcore mode.

KeKoSlayer29
  • Minecraft: KeKoSlayer29

Posted 03 November 2011 - 11:15 PM

I like it the way it is because that would make it cheaper. I like when i die with diamonds because i have to get back quick unless it was in lava then i get mad but still i dont really care i found diamonds very easily so i can easily get it back
Your life is not what you see, but what you seek.
If you want me to respond to you, reply to me with the "Quote" button under my post.

Homem Pigman

Posted 03 November 2011 - 11:15 PM

No need to make the game easier. Just mine carefully and you won't fall in lava.

Posted Image

saffers101
  • Minecraft: saffers

Posted 03 November 2011 - 11:17 PM

not all stuff, maybe just a 2-by-2 or 3-by-3 grid of stuff
When life gives you sugar, make a cake

Arbitror

Posted 03 November 2011 - 11:22 PM

The poll speaks (in a Morgan Freeman voice): No.

*Edit: Death needs a reason to be avoided! +1 me if you agree!
Posted Image

yoshi9048

Posted 03 November 2011 - 11:30 PM

I actually made an article discussing just that:

http://www.minecraft...g-resurrection/

It is about using player crafted locks to bind an item to the player so it can persist after death.
Posted Image

DellArt
    DellArt

Stone Miner

• Members
  • 93 posts
  • Minecraft: xXDellArtXx

Posted 04 November 2011 - 12:32 AM

View PostSupermanNDF, on 03 November 2011 - 11:13 PM, said:

Dying adds a risk to the game.  If you could keep stuff death would be pointless unless you are on hardcore mode.

It would be pointless even if it where on hardcore mode, as you only die once and then its all over.

This would only be used in a game mode below Peaceful, it would be called Candy-Ass and since there is no need for Candy-Ass mode there will be no keeping of items after death.
Mind over matter. If you don't mind it doesn't matter.

sergiusalceanu

Posted 22 January 2012 - 10:12 AM

I LOVE the idea, but it should be toggleable. Now don't flame me and say WHY DO YOU NEED TOGGLEABLE IDEA IDEAS ARE FOR BEING USED NOT JUST DISABLED.
The thing is that this is useful for SOME of us, and for some not. For SOME maps, for some not. For example, you won't use this if you want a 100% MC experience, but, on a hard adventure map i would use it. Good players won't use it but beginners would

Sutinen
    Sutinen

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1168 posts
  • Minecraft: Sutinen

Posted 22 January 2012 - 10:30 AM

Don't die so often. And store your stuff instead of carrying all your valuables.
Also, learn how to get back to your death point. Easier to get your stuff before they despawn.
Posted Image

Kliuyyyy
    Kliuyyyy

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 511 posts
  • Minecraft: Kliuyyyy

Posted 22 January 2012 - 10:37 AM

View PostDellArt, on 04 November 2011 - 12:32 AM, said:

It would be pointless even if it where on hardcore mode, as you only die once and then its all over.

This would only be used in a game mode below Peaceful, it would be called Candy-Ass and since there is no need for Candy-Ass mode there will be no keeping of items after death.
He means death in itself would be pointless -with little to no penalty.
Posted Image