Unspec7
    Unspec7

Carpenter

• Members
  • 69 posts
  • Minecraft: Awackypenguin

Posted 12 September 2012 - 12:18 AM

View Postshould1be1awesomecraft, on 12 September 2012 - 12:01 AM, said:

i just got this mod using the Technic pack installer and wanted to know what it did. I flew around the skyline, snooped in some caves, and tried to survive for a while and found something rather irritating: this mod adds NO NEW CONTENT besides some better graphics, a version of tmi that doesn't work, and some other stuff that could be easily called "smoke and mirrors." The high expectations of a mod that got to share an installer with the amazing technic pack that never got met, coupled with the intense lag spike that consumed my game play with things like double tapping space bar about 30 times to start flying, has made me draw this conclusion: you have successfully made minecraft in all it's glory less fun to play, by adding no new features that actually mattered. you have taken your smoke and mirrors and ruined a perfectly good game by making it nearly unplayable as its ONLY FEATURE. i would suggest adding some mods to 1.3.2 before you release it within the Technic launcher. it already has the ability to backdate minecraft, use it! and if it turns out that the technic launcher is at fault, please try submitting your mod pack to technic on something other than a cerial box.
screw this everyone, get the technic pack. here are just some of it's features: flatten areas quickly with dark matter tools, turn 256 sugar cane into a diamond and use it for your automated diamond farm, use a nuclear reactor to make UU matter that can be crafted into just about anything, turn almost any item in the game into something of similar value, make just about any redstone contraption 4 time smaller with RedPower, and cross breed crops to make things like coffee beans and overworld-compatible nether warts.

It adds quite a lot of stuff. You just didn't find them or use them.

VoxelSniper, a minimap, a keybinding mod, WorldEditCUI, etc. The VoxelModpack is more geared towards multiplayer.

And Technic is very restricting, even if it adds items. Voxelmodpack can be used on any vanilla server and singleplayer game, while Technic / Tekkit can only be used on Technic / Tekkit worlds.

Register or log in to remove.

MehStrongBadMeh
  • Minecraft: MehStrongBadMeh

Posted 13 September 2012 - 02:47 PM

Now that we have finished updating and patching all of the mods for multiplayer environment in Minecraft 1.3. We will be able to start adding support for single player in mods like VoxelGet and VoxelFlight that lost single-player support when MInecraft transitioned over to the new server-based single-player.

Unlike the other packs in the Technic launcher, The VoxelModPack does not focus on adding new blocks and items to the game, but enhancing what you can do with the blocks and items that are already there. Also, its main focus is to be used in creative-multiplayer environment where plugins like VoxelTextures and VoxelPlayer can further enhance the player's experience on the server.
Posted Image

BlockCat
    BlockCat

Diamond Miner

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 831 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 05:15 AM

This is the best modpack ever!!
Posted Image

djpokeboy
  • Minecraft: djpokeboy

Posted 23 September 2012 - 04:43 PM

VoxelFlight seems to be very broken for me.
I tried rebinding some of the keys, so the Speed booster was R, Fly Up was the spacebar, and Fly down was Shift.
After doing this though i can't fly at all. When i press F the camera zooms out slightly, like during creative flight, then instantly goes back to normal. If i spam the spacebar i can sometimes get myself to fly, but then once i land it stops again.
And the speed booster seems to have no effect, flying or running.

MehStrongBadMeh

Posted 26 September 2012 - 04:56 AM

View Postdjpokeboy, on 23 September 2012 - 04:43 PM, said:

VoxelFlight seems to be very broken for me.
I tried rebinding some of the keys, so the Speed booster was R, Fly Up was the spacebar, and Fly down was Shift.
After doing this though i can't fly at all. When i press F the camera zooms out slightly, like during creative flight, then instantly goes back to normal. If i spam the spacebar i can sometimes get myself to fly, but then once i land it stops again.
And the speed booster seems to have no effect, flying or running.
It sounds like you were trying to use it in singleplayer. VoxelFlight currently does not support singleplayer. Singleplayer support is coming in the next update.
Posted Image

WillJCJ
    WillJCJ

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 18 posts
  • Minecraft: WillJCJ

Posted 29 September 2012 - 10:18 PM

Pretty sure I remember Optifine being in the pack at some point.  Any reason why this isn't a thing anymore, is it incompatible or something?
Posted Image

MehStrongBadMeh

Posted 01 October 2012 - 03:40 AM

OptiFine was never officially included in a VoxelModPack. Incompatibility, bugginess, and inconsistent results between users make supporting OptiFine a stress that my team does not have the time or energy to handle while continuing to add new features to our mods.
Posted Image

TNT-UP
    TNT-UP

Gold Miner

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 361 posts
  • Minecraft: TNTUP

Posted 25 October 2012 - 09:42 AM

can't wait to see the modpack to be updated for 1.4.2! Well theres 10 mods I think... It could take some time... Thanks for the great work :D

Posted Image Posted Image

Clicky images <3 Main site is tntup.me, second is s.rightawake.com. Theres just minecraft stuff in it! Woot.

MehStrongBadMeh

Posted 29 October 2012 - 12:38 AM

Expect to see an updated modpack in a couple days.
Posted Image

Rareden
    Rareden

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 10:02 PM

View PostHavoc1337, on 03 November 2011 - 04:55 PM, said:

Looks like a nice'n'useful pack o'mods.

The name however is excruciatingly misleading; hinting that this mod has something to do actual Voxels, whereas it has not.

A cube is a voxel, its a space that contains information, how do you think cgi explosions work, made up a grid of voxels, cubes.

nikman96
  • Minecraft: pickeldstew

Posted 15 November 2012 - 10:06 PM

so is this for only smp? and does there need to be anything on the server you join?
Posted Image

crazysuper

Posted 16 November 2012 - 07:23 PM

will this mod get updated to 1.4.4 ?
thanks

xXTerra_BranfordXx

Posted 19 November 2012 - 06:54 AM

View Postnikman96, on 15 November 2012 - 10:06 PM, said:

so is this for only smp? and does there need to be anything on the server you join?
As someone who's used components of VoxelModPack since 1.3.2, I can tell you that it works on both Single Player (survival and creative) and Multi Player. Give it a download (the 1.4.2 version, that is), and you'll wonder why you weren't using it before now.

View Postcrazysuper, on 16 November 2012 - 07:23 PM, said:

will this mod get updated to 1.4.4 ?
thanks
All good things come to those who wait. I'm sure we'll be seeing an update notice within the end of the week. Remember, this is the week of Thanksgiving in the states, ~and~ there's two updates to work on releasing... a 1.4.4 and 1.4.5pre-release update. Hopefully we won't have to wait for 1.4.5 (full), before the update, but if we do, that's just how it'll be.

Also, taking a moment to stop in, and say "Thanks!" for the VoxelModPack. I've been using many of the individual mods in this pack for months now, and while I've expressed gratitude in the individual mod threads, I somehow forgot to do so here. So, again, thanks.

Want Some Colored Glass for [1.6.4]?

Posted Image

Want to see my YouTube videos?

MehStrongBadMeh

Posted 19 November 2012 - 07:13 PM

We traditionally wait until The Voxel Box has updated to release the updated VoxelModPack. But demand a 1.4.4 ModPack is exceptionally high. I will discuss releasing VoxelModPack v9.3 for 1.4.4 early with my team and few other people of importance.
Posted Image

xXTerra_BranfordXx

Posted 19 November 2012 - 09:35 PM

View PostMehStrongBadMeh, on 19 November 2012 - 07:13 PM, said:

We traditionally wait until The Voxel Box has updated to release the updated VoxelModPack. But demand a 1.4.4 ModPack is exceptionally high. I will discuss releasing VoxelModPack v9.3 for 1.4.4 early with my team and few other people of importance.
That sounds awesome to me. I can't get enough of VoxelMods, and have been missing VoxelWorld a little more than I should admit.

Posted Image

TNT-UP
    TNT-UP

Gold Miner

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 361 posts
  • Minecraft: TNTUP

Posted 19 November 2012 - 10:18 PM

im just waiting for Worldedit CUI :P Keep the good work

MehStrongBadMeh

Posted Image Posted Image

Clicky images <3 Main site is tntup.me, second is s.rightawake.com. Theres just minecraft stuff in it! Woot.

crazysuper

Posted 20 November 2012 - 04:22 AM

Joekom0725

Posted 21 November 2012 - 02:48 AM

Hello MehStrongBadMeh, I wanted to create a modpack for minecraft, and I was wondering if users are allowed to customize this modpack and the share it on the forums. Thanks.

MehStrongBadMeh

Posted 21 November 2012 - 05:41 AM

Feel free to re-brand and customize the installer. Just remember that redistributing the mods it contains requires the express permission of their owners.
Posted Image

xXTerra_BranfordXx

Posted 23 November 2012 - 04:49 AM

Looks like you managed to sneak in a release for 1.4.5 on Thanksgiving, of all days! Looks like we all have something to be extra thankful for this holiday. So, thanks to the Voxel team, and the Plugineers for all their hard work for this release!

I'm curious, will there also be a 1.4.4 release? I'm not yet ready to update to 1.4.5. I know... I know... it's bad form to ask about an older update, but until Simo gets SPC updated to 1.4.5 in his dev release, I'm not willing to update. I need WorldEdit commands for my current project.

Posted Image