1153 replies to this topic

Brut_Man
    Brut_Man

Void Walker

• Members
  • 1733 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 08:02 PM

View PostPiratebay, on 02 November 2011 - 07:52 PM, said:

GTA IV's first trailer had the main character in it.

Couldn't even remember this :L guess he could be either way it's not as obvious as it was in the GTA IV trailer

Dubstep, Electro And DNB Mixes: My Channel
Posted Image

Register or log in to remove.

SirLeeuwenKlauw

Posted 02 November 2011 - 08:26 PM

View PostBrooksyFC, on 02 November 2011 - 04:57 PM, said:

I'm glad they have gone back to here. Its a great settings. Game looks a lot more fun and bright compared to the IV. Can't wait to see more gameplay. Oh and thanks for "SirLeeuwenKlauw" for the video ;)
No problem. :P

Also, is this the same skyline?

Posted Image
Posted Image

Because if it is, the cranes are gone in the first one which means the tower is finished.

funkybub
    funkybub

End Dweller

• Members
  • 7876 posts
  • Minecraft: funkybub
  • Xbox:funkybub

Posted 02 November 2011 - 09:00 PM

The guy in the trailer maybe tommy. But tommy is 61 in 2012.

Posted Image

pete1061
    pete1061

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 923 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 09:24 PM

Can't really say too much based on the trailer. The new game engine looks good.
Hopefully this one will put the focus back on driving, GTA 4 had too much stuff on foot.
I, for one like the GTA series for the vehicle simulation. I'd rather drive around and do stunts than get out of the car and engage in combat. It is grand theft AUTO after all.
Not grand theft pedestrian.
"Deep in the human unconscious is a pervasive need for a logical universe that makes sense. But the real universe is always one step beyond logic."
-Muad'Dib

SirLeeuwenKlauw

Posted 02 November 2011 - 09:39 PM

View Postpete1061, on 02 November 2011 - 09:24 PM, said:

Can't really say too much based on the trailer. The new game engine looks good.
Hopefully this one will put the focus back on driving, GTA 4 had too much stuff on foot.
I, for one like the GTA series for the vehicle simulation. I'd rather drive around and do stunts than get out of the car and engage in combat. It is grand theft AUTO after all.
Not grand theft pedestrian.
Play some GTA IV online. Just awesome. :D Be sure to play free mode and search a lobby without friendly fire to avoid being killed every few seconds. And you might want to avoid other players with rockets and helicopters that have guns/rockets since they can still destroy your car with those.

CrockedZodiac
  • Minecraft: CrockedZodiac

Posted 02 November 2011 - 10:41 PM

Main  character sounded hispanic, maybe a former cartel member trying to go straight, similar to a Red Dead kind of thing.
Expect more sandbox MP mayhem, cops and crooks, Hopefully bicycles, SASQUATCH. Blackjacks, and straight up class warfare.

Hopefully they take advice from BOGT and let you base jump in the game.
I can just imagine airplane jumps.
Help! Help! I'm being repressed!

Bouncer
    Bouncer

Gold Miner

• Members
  • 441 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 11:38 PM

Posted Image
Found that posted on another forum.

LightSydeTurian
  • Minecraft: LightSydeTurian
  • Xbox:CobaltCrysis

Posted 03 November 2011 - 04:05 AM

I have a feeling this game will most likely take place in the late 90's early 2000's. It has that vibe of being new, while still feeling like an 80's action movie. As for the post above me, he has no source.

kasparlaks
  • Minecraft: Nope.avi

Posted 03 November 2011 - 06:21 AM

View PostLightSydeTurian, on 03 November 2011 - 04:05 AM, said:

I have a feeling this game will most likely take place in the late 90's early 2000's. It has that vibe of being new, while still feeling like an 80's action movie. As for the post above me, he has no source.

I think it takes place in 2011/2012, because just look at the cars!
Tammy Wynette ~~ May 5th 1942 -- April 6th 1998 RIP Posted Image

TheRevanchist

Posted 03 November 2011 - 07:02 AM

I love how the trailer progresses from being happy and peaceful to the fucked up side of the city.

View PostBouncer, on 02 November 2011 - 11:38 PM, said:

Posted Image

4Chan.

That's all BS.

View Postwegie125, on 03 December 2011 - 01:31 AM, said:

Hi i am wegie125 here reporting news about a man that looked like paper he was wandering the streets with his pet bingu when he got depants and everything went wrong he got angry and became angerypaper.

fabregas22
  • Minecraft: Fabregas22

Posted 03 November 2011 - 10:25 AM

I am pretty darn excited for this game. I can only hope that it's more colourful and fun than gta 4.
I hope we see CJ in this game even if we can't play as him it would still be cool to see him again.

SirLeeuwenKlauw

Posted 03 November 2011 - 11:13 AM

View PostBouncer, on 02 November 2011 - 11:38 PM, said:

Posted Image
Sounds like it's made up just to get some attention. He says he won't get caught because he's on vacation, but I bet only  a small group of people in rockstar will go on vacation now, so he would get caught easily if he really works there and I don't think anyone at rockstar would risk his job just for leaking some story line. AND at the end of his second post he says the trailer is 1:04 minutes while it's really 1:24 minutes. He also mentions that the protagonist only talks at the end, but everyone who saw the trailer knows he talks through the whole thing.

Hope I helped clearing it up. ;)

entrity_screamr
  • Minecraft: entrity_screamr

Posted 03 November 2011 - 12:35 PM

Tommy's probably in his 50's.

I could guess though CJ is either that guy being chased in the slums area by the police or the guy jet-skiing but it would be obvious that the one in the slums area could be CJ seeing how that person wears the same clothing as the original CJ and whatnot.

0mgIHazDpenz
  • Minecraft: OmgIHazDpenz

Posted 03 November 2011 - 12:54 PM

View PostBrut_Man, on 02 November 2011 - 07:43 PM, said:

I don't know, I don't think the main character would be in the first trailer to be honest.
There is supposedly going to be multiple main characters. The characters I think that are going to be the main ones or have something important to do in the game are The man in the suit (It seems like it's Tommy Vercetti from Vice City seeing as they have pretty close to the same voice.) The man in the red sports car, Seeing as it shows him multiple times
(First at 0:25, and again being chased by police at 1:05.) The black man running (Who is not CJ) at 1:07, The man in the green skinny  and plaid shirt at 0:35, Also at 0:47 it shows the man in the suit dressed up like an exterminator with 2 other guys who could also be main character and it looks like the bald man is also dressed like an exterminator with the man in the suit. Again this is what I THINK. Nothing was confirmed but I think these might be main characters or have something important is because they are showed multiple times. But the man wearing the skinny jeans is only shown once but in all the time I have played GTA I have never seen someone who looks like that. He could also be the man running down the ally. We'll never know until Rockstar confirms something. And I do not think CJ or Niko will be back.

Edit 1: I also strongly think that planes are back seeing they do show quite a few planes in the trailer. Another thing I think might be back is truck hitching because there is a transport truck with a trailer on it. And lastly I think character customization seeing as there is a sign that says Piercings and there is a gym. So fellow forum readers and GTA Fans, Here's to hoping that we can get muscles and go hitch a truck and fly a plane. Like the good old GTA days.
Posted Image

Antazaz said:

sense1121 said:

ok makeing better now want to test it out for me later when i make it better
Honestly, I never want to see this map again.

0mgIHazDpenz
  • Minecraft: OmgIHazDpenz

Posted 03 November 2011 - 01:01 PM

View Postentrity_screamr, on 03 November 2011 - 12:35 PM, said:

Tommy's probably in his 50's.

I could guess though CJ is either that guy being chased in the slums area by the police or the guy jet-skiing but it would be obvious that the one in the slums area could be CJ seeing how that person wears the same clothing as the original CJ and whatnot.
Tbh, CJ Wore blue jeans not black ones and sneakers, Not black jeans and construction boots. And the man being chased in the ally had tattoos on his arms. I can't recall CJ having tattoos unless you gave them to him.
Posted Image

Antazaz said:

sense1121 said:

ok makeing better now want to test it out for me later when i make it better
Honestly, I never want to see this map again.

pete1061
    pete1061

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 923 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 02:08 PM

View PostSirLeeuwenKlauw, on 02 November 2011 - 09:39 PM, said:

Play some GTA IV online. Just awesome. :D Be sure to play free mode and search a lobby without friendly fire to avoid being killed every few seconds. And you might want to avoid other players with rockets and helicopters that have guns/rockets since they can still destroy your car with those.

Nah, I don't like playing anything online. I prefer single player gaming.

The problem with GTA IV was liberty city. There was just not enough of a variety of roads to drive on.
From the trailer, GTA V might have more rural areas to stunt around in.
"Deep in the human unconscious is a pervasive need for a logical universe that makes sense. But the real universe is always one step beyond logic."
-Muad'Dib

kasparlaks
  • Minecraft: Nope.avi

Posted 03 November 2011 - 02:45 PM

Oh well. I hope that dogs and countryside will come ;)
Tammy Wynette ~~ May 5th 1942 -- April 6th 1998 RIP Posted Image

SirLeeuwenKlauw

Posted 03 November 2011 - 03:14 PM

View Postpete1061, on 03 November 2011 - 02:08 PM, said:

Nah, I don't like playing anything online. I prefer single player gaming.

The problem with GTA IV was liberty city. There was just not enough of a variety of roads to drive on.
From the trailer, GTA V might have more rural areas to stunt around in.

I agree with you on the second part. Liberty city was just too much of the same roads. No wonder that everyone on multiplayer goes to the airport to get some speed and do stunts. The main roads are way too crowded to get some speed. From the smallest bump against a car yours would spin out and drive into a wall. I'm not saying I don't like crashing, but if you are new to GTA IV and have played much Saints row II, you'll crash more than you will be driving for the first hour.

BrooksyFC
  • Minecraft: Brooksy_FC

Posted 03 November 2011 - 04:54 PM

Hearing rumors about coop and multiplier in GTA V (like we didn't know that it would already be in the game)
Posted Image

Brut_Man
    Brut_Man

Void Walker

• Members
  • 1733 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 05:03 PM

View PostBrooksyFC, on 03 November 2011 - 04:54 PM, said:

Hearing rumors about coop and multiplier in GTA V (like we didn't know that it would already be in the game)
I doubt co-op will be in the game to be honest.

Dubstep, Electro And DNB Mixes: My Channel
Posted Image