autoswitch enchantview mobaura worldandgenerationtweaks thebombzenapi

• Please log in to reply
2348 replies to this topic

thebombzen
  • Minecraft: thebombzen

Posted 30 October 2011 - 05:31 PM

POPULAR

Thebombzen's Mods

Read the FAQs before you post, and say which mod you are posting about.
If I'm in a good mood when reading a question answered in the FAQs, I'll just point there. If I'm in a bad mood, I'll respond with "You, sir, are blind, illiterate, or a moron," which just means, "Read the FAQs, please."

News

MobAura is now updated for Minecraft 1.7.2 Posted Image. Also, all the mod installers now automatically download and install ThebombzenAPI to make it easier on the users.

Links

FAQs (These will solve most of your problems!)
AutoSwitch
EnchantView
MobAura
WorldAndGenerationTweaks
ThebombzenAPI
Permissions (for mod packs, videos, etc.)
Donations

AutoSwitch

You should ask Steve about that.

About
Download
Installation Instructions
Configuration Options
Videos
Video en español
Changelog

About

AutoSwitch is a mod that automatically switches to the correct tool when mining a block and automatically uses the correct weapon when attacking a mob or a player. It will also switch back to your previous item when you are done mining or attacking a mob, useful for building and going on mining trips.

AutoSwitch won't just pick the fastest tool, it also takes into account other factors such as enchantments.

You can turn AutoSwitch off and on using the F10 key. If you don't like F10, you can change it to something else in the options window.

Download

Requires Minecraft Forge
Requires ThebombzenAPI
Download AutoSwitch (v4.3.4 for Minecraft 1.7.2)

Warning: Not Supported!
Old Versions

Installation instructions

Video Tutorial

1. Install Minecraft Forge
2. Install ThebombzenAPI

3. Run the AutoSwitch.jar file and click the Install button. (Automatic Install)
--OR--
3. Put AutoSwitch.jar in your .minecraft/mods folder. (Manual Install)

How to configure AutoSwitch

In the main minecraft menu, click mods. Then, click AutoSwitch from the scrolling list on the left. Click config. The overrides file has instructions on the inside.

Videos

How to install:

Video en español

Spoiler:

Changelog:

v4.3.4:
+ Installer will now download and install ThebombzenAPI
v4.3.3:
* Silk touch and fortune should now work as expected
v4.3.2:
* Compatible with ThebombzenAPI 2.3.4
+ Installer has browse button
* Various tweaks and fixes.
v4.3.1:
+ Automatic Installer
* AutoSwitch_Overrides.cfg moved to AutoSwitch_Overrides.txt
* Fixed switching-back-when-disabled bug. AS should now only switch back when it switched.
v4.3.0:
+ Updated for 1.7.2
* Toggles are now per-server-world rather than all of multiplayer as a whole
* Changed the advanced configuration to use block/item names rather than IDs

Spoiler:

EnchantView

Heide was here too! =)

About
Download
Video
Video en español
Changelog

About

This shows what the enchantment table will give you BEFORE you click on the enchantment, so you don't find yourself in the situation where you've wasted 30 levels on nothing but Unbreaking III. Just move your mouse over the enchantment box and a little box will pop up telling you what item you will get if you click it.

Note that EnchantView requires a server mod in order for it to work in multiplayer. Servers without EnchantView won't kick clients that have it, EnchantView clients will just disable EnchantView on non-EnchantView servers. See the FAQs for the reason for this.

Download

Requires Minecraft Forge
Requires ThebombzenAPI
Client/Server Universal Mod
Download EnchantView (v4.0.2 for Minecraft 1.7.2)

Requires CraftBukkit
Download EnchantView Bukkit Plugin (v2.3.0 for CraftBukkit 1_7_R1)

Old Versions

Client/Server

2. Install ThebombzenAPI

3. Run the EnchantView.jar file and click Install. (Automatic Install)
-- OR --
3. Add the EnchantView.jar file to your mods folder inside your .minecraft folder. (Manual Install).

Bukkit
Put EnchantView.jar inside the plugins/ directory of your bukkit installation.

Video

How to install:

Video en español

Spoiler:

Changelog

Client/Server
v4.0.2:
* Fixed crash that occured in the main Minecraft environment but not the development environment
v4.0.1:
+ Installer should automatically install ThebombzenAPI
v4.0.0:
+ Updated for 1.7.2

Bukkit
v2.3.0:
+ Updated for 1_7_R1

Client:
Spoiler:

Server:
Spoiler:

Bukkit:
Spoiler:

MobAura

Apple clam peach sauce food tongue tuna pear, meat pear wonton!

About
Download
Changelog

About

MobAura creates an aura around you so mobs within 6 blocks of you are repeatedly attacked by your current item until they die. It attacks hostile mobs, farm animals, and ghast fireballs, but you can turn on the ability to attack water animals, tameable mobs (such as wolves or ocelots/cats), villagers, and other living creatures (such as golems or the ender dragon). You can also turn off the ability to attack the ones that are on by default. MobAura will not attack players, vehicles (such as minecarts or boats), or any players' pets (yours or someone elses). MobAura is not intended for PVP.

Hit K to turn it on. If K is for something else that you've installed, change the key in the config screen.

MobAura can also do the right-click option on mobs instead of the left click option. Use L to toggle whether to use the left-click or right-click option. If you don't like L, you can change it to something else in the config screen.

Download

Requires Minecraft Forge
Requires ThebombzenAPI
Download MobAura (v2.6.0 for Minecraft 1.7.2)

Old Versions

2. Install ThebombzenAPI

3. Run the MobAura.jar file and click Install. (Automatic Install)
-- OR --
3. Add the MobAura jar file to your .minecraft/mods folder. (Manual install)

Changelog

v2.6.0:
+ Updated for 1.7.2
+ Safe-mode is now either Safe (same as before), Dangerous (off), or Normal (off in singleplayer).
+ Added an option to ignore hurt resistant timers (useful for mods such as Tinker's construct)
+ Added an option to use when in a GUI (so you can AFK-grind a spawner)
* Config now uses entity names rather than network IDs (now you don't have to look it up!)
+ As with the other mods, this comes with a built-in installer.

Spoiler:

WorldAndGenerationTweaks

YAMS! YAMS! YAMS! YAMS! YAMS! YAMS!

About
Download
Changelog

About

This mod contains various assorted tweaks related to world generation. You can disable any of these tweaks in the config window.
  • Taller mountains
  • Flat desert biome
  • Flat grassland biome
  • Deeper oceans
  • Snow Plains biomes are 20x rarer
  • Flat bedrock (both in the overworld and above and below the nether)
  • More red mushrooms (just as common as brown)
  • Twice as much natural sugar cane
  • Melons spawn naturally like pumpkins
  • Carrots and potatoes spawn naturally like pumpkins
  • 50% more pumpkins (and also melons, carrots, and potatoes)
  • 75% smaller underground dirt patches
  • 75% smaller underground gravel patches
  • Mushroom Islands are 100x as common
  • Twice as many strongholds (and closer to home)
  • Four times as many NPC villages
  • Emerald Ore spawns in every biome
Posted Image

Download

Requires Minecraft Forge
Requires ThebombzenAPI
Client/Server Universal Mod
Download WorldAndGenerationTweaks (v1.6.0 for Minecraft 1.6.4)

Old Versions

2. Install ThebombzenAPI

3. Add the WorldAndGenerationTweaks jar file to Magic Launcher AFTER ThebombzenAPI. (Client only)
-- OR --
3. Add the WorldAndGenerationTweaks jar file to the mods folder of your Minecraft installation. (Client/Server)

Changelog

Client:
Spoiler:

Server:
Spoiler:

ThebombzenAPI

This is something mathematicians call Hooking The Turtle.

About
Download
Changelog

About

This is a package required by all my mods. Note that the config screens are now in Main Menu -> Mods

Download

Requires Minecraft Forge
Download ThebombzenAPI (v2.3.5 for Minecraft 1.7.2)

Old Versions

2. Run the ThebombzenAPI.jar file and click the Install button. (Automatic Install)
--OR--
2. Place ThebombzenAPI.jar in your .minecraft/mods folder. (Manual Install)

Changelog

v2.3.5:
* Fixed bug when two different mods access default configurations at the same time
v2.3.4:
* Changed ABI
* Tweaks and fixes to make EnchantView possible
v2.3.3:
* Fixed toggles not saving.
v2.3.2:
+ Added automated installer
+ Update reminders now contain donwload links.
v2.3.1:
* Toggle keys should now work
v2.3.0:
+ Updated for 1.7.2
* Migrated config screens to Forge mods screen (Don't use Shift+B!)

Spoiler:

Permissions

My mods are licensed under the GNU Lesser General Public License, version 3.
This means you may do all these things for free without even asking me:
  • Download and use my mods
  • Share the mods for free
  • Create a video showing my mods. You can even monetize your videos and keep 100 percent of your ad revenue. You don't even need to ask me.
  • Use my mods in a mod pack. You can use them for published packs, or private packs. You don't even need to ask me.
  • View the source code.
  • License any dynamically linked work however you want.
However, you may not:
  • Sell the mods. This means you also can't sell a pack containing any of my mods.
  • Modify the license.
  • License any derivative work under a different license, except the full GPLv3 (or a later version of the LGPL or GPL).
GNU LGPLv3: http://www.gnu.org/licenses/lgpl.html
GNU GPLv3: http://www.gnu.org/l...es/gpl-3.0.html
Source Code: https://github.com/thebombzen/

Frequently Asked Questions

General

Q: Minecraft crashes.
A:
  • Make sure you're using the latest version of the mods AND the latest version of ThebombzenAPI. Try re-downloading and re-installing all the mods again from this thread.
  • Search your crash log for the text "NoClassDefFoundError: ThebombzenAPIBaseMod". If that text is there, then you either didn't install ThebombzenAPI or installed it improperly. In that case, download it from this thread (shortcut link) and install it, then try again.
  • If you didn't get that message, then please send me a link to the crash report on http://pastebin.com. I can't help you unless I know why it crashed.
If you don't know how to get the crash report, then look on the Minecraft Wiki Article.

Q: Your instructions say to Install Minecraft Forge. How?
A: Go to files.minecraftforge.net and download the recommended version of Forge from the top. Click the link that says "installer" in the row that says "recommended." Download and run that jar file, and click install.

Q: I don't see how to open the config screen.
A: Go to the main menu, then click Mods, then scroll down to my mod, then click the Config button. If you don't see a Mods button on the main menu then you need to install Minecraft Forge.

Q: Can you update the mod?
A: I will, I'm just busy with other stuff. Pestering me won't make it go faster.

Q: Can I use your mod in a mod pack?
A: Yes, as long as you don't sell it. You don't even need to ask me.

Q: Can I use your mod in a video?
A: Yes. You don't even need to ask me.

Q: Can you post this video on your thread?
A: I appreciate it, but sorry, I can't. If I said "yes" to some people then I'd have to say "yes" to everyone, and the thread would be flooded with videos. The ones that are already there were all made either by my brother or me. (Patronage at its finest.)

Q: Does the mod work with or require Minecraft Forge?
A: All my mods since Minecraft 1.6.4 require Minecraft Forge.

Q: The mod does nothing. It's as if it's not installed.
A:  That's because it's probably not being loaded at all. Try downloading and installing it again, using the automatic installer, and make sure you installed Minecraft Forge.

AutoSwitch

Q: Does AutoSwitch require Minecraft Forge?
A: Yes.

Q: How can I make it use the worst tool that still can harvest the block?
A: Open the options window and set the Tool Selection Mode to SLOW STANDARD.

Q: How can I make it use a sword and other nonstandard tools?
A: Open the options window and set the Tool Selection Mode to FAST NONSTANDARD.

Q: AutoSwitch doesn't switch back.
A: AutoSwitch won't switch back if it's installed in more than one place (e.g. launcher and mods folder). Make sure it's only installed in one place.

Q: AutoSwitch is using the wrong tool.
A: Tell me what tool it's using on what block, and what it should be using. Then, send me an AutoSwitch debug report. Do this by enabling debug in the options window. Then, trigger the glitch (preferrably in creative mode, set "use in creative" to ON). Then send me the file .minecraft -> mods -> AutoSwitch -> DEBUG.txt by putting it on http://pastebin.com/. Remember to disable debug when you're done cause it makes minecraft slightly slower.

EnchantView

Q: EnchantView doesn't show the enchantments.
A: If you're in multiplayer, that's because the server probably doesn't have the server-side mod. If it does, or you're in singleplayer, then this is probably a bug. Tell me whether you can actually enchant an item, or whether clicking the box does nothing. Also, tell me what your setup is (ModLoader or Forge? OptiFine? Where is it installed?) Try to uninstall as many mods as possible so I know it's not an incompatibilite with those.

Q: Can you make EnchantView work in Multiplayer without a server-side mod/plugin?
A: I actually can't. (Believe me, I would if I could, and I tried.) The server doesn't decide what enchantments to give you until it's actually enchanting the item, so the only way to get a sneak peek is to mod the server to give it.

MobAura

Q: MobAura won't attack wolves or players.
A: MobAura's not intened for cheating (at least on that level). Note that MobAura can attack wolves, just not tamed wolves (either yours or another players'). Same with cats.

Q: All of a sudden there's a ton of mobs! So many it's causing lag! What did I do? How do I fix it?
A:
Using a spawn egg on a mob will create a new mob of the same type (usually baby). If you have safe-mode off then MobAura will use the spawn egg on one mob, then use it on both mobs (the original and the spawned one), then on all 4, then on all 8, you get the idea. That's quite literally exponential growth.

How to prevent: Either turn safe-mode on to prevent this, or don't leave MobAura enabled when you spawn a mob with a spawn egg.

How to fix: Nothing a good ol' diamond sword sword can't fix. Turn safe-mode off, turn on the option to ignore hurt resistant timers, and have some fun.

WorldAndGenerationTweaks

Q: Can you add this tweak?
A: Maybe. If you suggest a tweak, and I like it, it will either get added immediately or the next time I naturally update WAGT (to fix a bug or for a minecraft update). If I don't like it, don't be offended, because if you didn't suggest it we'd be in the same position anyway. So suggest away!

Q: Why's it called WorldAndGenerationTweaks?
A: WAGT used to have several tweaks which related to the world (256 height limit, no rain, etc.). Now, all the tweaks relate somehow to terrain generation, but the name stuck. Note that WAGT doesn't have the word "Terrain" in its name, despite many misnomers.

Donations

I've had a few people request for a donation link. To be clear, it doesn't cost me any money to develop these mods because I'm a student and without a degree, I can't sell my time for wages. If you insist on paying me for my mods, even though they cost me nothing to make, then feel free to buy me a root beer or something:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Register or log in to remove.

insanejoeperson
  • Minecraft: Insanejoeperson

Posted 30 October 2011 - 05:34 PM

Sounds pretty useful but...they'll need pics.

Iakovosian
  • Minecraft: Iakovosian

Posted 30 October 2011 - 05:39 PM

or... since it's not a static mod, a short video of it in action would be great. :)
- Kossa
Posted Image

MatteotheHumbleMiner

Posted 30 October 2011 - 05:42 PM

Perhaps at minimum....you could tell us how it works in game...besides how to turn it on...a video would also suffice too...but does sound pretty useful.
Posted Image
"You want it you got it."

JoBilly
    JoBilly

Iron Miner

• Members
  • 308 posts

Posted 30 October 2011 - 06:23 PM

I made a video about this because I like the mod. Pretty useful. Good Job.

Use it if you want.

~JoBilly
I make Minecraft videos about stuff. Redstone, Stop Motions, 1 or 2 Machinimas... if you could call it that, and some more.
Here is my channel on youtube for you to look at my stuff

thebombzen

Posted 30 October 2011 - 06:38 PM

View PostJoBilly, on 30 October 2011 - 06:23 PM, said:

I made a video about this because I like the mod. Pretty useful. Good Job.

Use it if you want.

~JoBilly
Thanks. Much better than mine. Posted it on main post.
Posted Image

Libraryaddict
  • Minecraft: libraryaddict

Posted 30 October 2011 - 06:40 PM

Nifty mod.
But a problem/bug.
Whenever I shift + click
It still mines/digs/chops if im in my inventory..
I accidently destroyed a couple of my things..

Lilwhitey

Posted 30 October 2011 - 06:47 PM

Good mod, I have a bug though. It thinks you mine redstone with a sword...
Oh, and a suggestion! Could you add a config file, So I can change the default tool for specific blocks? (Ie Mine stone with a stone pick if i have one in my hotbar) And can you make it so it knows what picks work on what? (not trying to mine a Diamond with stone and etc)

mikey9943

Posted 30 October 2011 - 06:52 PM

is there an installation video?

Nyht
    Nyht

Coal Miner

• Members
  • 149 posts
  • Minecraft: Ultrabyte

Posted 30 October 2011 - 06:53 PM

View PostLilwhitey, on 30 October 2011 - 06:47 PM, said:

Oh, and a suggestion! Could you add a config file, So I can change the default tool for specific blocks? (Ie Mine stone with a stone pick if i have one in my hotbar) And can you make it so it knows what picks work on what? (not trying to mine a Diamond with stone and etc)
Or perhaps change it to the lowest (though it still will get you the material) tool.

[INSERT GENERIC SIGNATURE HERE]

TerraFreeze

Posted 30 October 2011 - 06:58 PM

View Postmikey9943, on 30 October 2011 - 06:52 PM, said:

is there an installation video?
with one class file??
its simple

Posted Image

Why fight to live, if living to die?

ipel4
    ipel4

Carpenter

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 30 October 2011 - 07:10 PM

there is already a mod for this and it ads much more features than this one http://www.minecraft...dlots-more-v41/

MrOnlyOne

Posted 30 October 2011 - 07:17 PM

cool.

thebombzen

Posted 30 October 2011 - 09:19 PM

View PostLilwhitey, on 30 October 2011 - 06:47 PM, said:

Its not. After you click on the redstone you are still holding the mouse down and you start digging the thing behind it, which could be a sword item.

Also, swords are 1.5x as effective against everything as your fist, so a block with no tool such as a crafting table or glass will register as sword items.
Posted Image

KokahZ777

Posted 30 October 2011 - 09:22 PM

Nice !

thebombzen

Posted 30 October 2011 - 09:23 PM

View PostLibraryaddict, on 30 October 2011 - 06:40 PM, said:

Nifty mod.
But a problem/bug.
Whenever I shift + click
It still mines/digs/chops if im in my inventory..
I accidently destroyed a couple of my things..

Could you be a little more descriptive? I tried opening my inventory and shift-clicking and nothing happened.
Posted Image

JoBilly
    JoBilly

Iron Miner

• Members
  • 308 posts

Posted 30 October 2011 - 10:04 PM

BUG DETECTED!

If you hit tall grass/wheat while this activated, the game crashes.
I make Minecraft videos about stuff. Redstone, Stop Motions, 1 or 2 Machinimas... if you could call it that, and some more.
Here is my channel on youtube for you to look at my stuff

thebombzen

Posted 31 October 2011 - 12:15 AM

View PostJoBilly, on 30 October 2011 - 10:04 PM, said:

BUG DETECTED!

If you hit tall grass/wheat while this activated, the game crashes.

Weird... Mine doesn't crash when I hit tall grass. Try a torch too, because it crashed on torches too in and older version.
Posted Image

Lilwhitey

Posted 31 October 2011 - 12:42 AM

View Postthebombzen, on 30 October 2011 - 09:19 PM, said:

Its not. After you click on the redstone you are still holding the mouse down and you start digging the thing behind it, which could be a sword item.

Also, swords are 1.5x as effective against everything as your fist, so a block with no tool such as a crafting table or glass will register as sword items.
Sorry, I mean redstone ore, And the same problem with stone bricks, again it tries to mine with a sword. And I think Nyht`s Idea To change it to the lowest (though it still will get you the material) tool is a very good idea, and it could be enabled from some option or in a config file?

Libraryaddict
  • Minecraft: libraryaddict

Posted 31 October 2011 - 01:11 AM

View Postthebombzen, on 30 October 2011 - 09:23 PM, said:

Could you be a little more descriptive? I tried opening my inventory and shift-clicking and nothing happened.

Go and put your mouse over a torch.
Then go into inventory.
Now shift+click.

The torch should get knocked off the wall.
You are still in your inventory.