• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

Weird hissing sound

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

SeparatistSkeleton

Posted 30 October 2011 - 02:20 PM

Ok so right now i am hiding in my house and i keep hearing this weird hissing noise

Its not a spider, i know what they sound like. This noise is short, and it comes in repeated bursts, like 'pssst psssst' and sometimes there will be a longer one like 'pssssssssssssst'

The only things i can see outside are creepers

So what is this noise?
I am the separatist skeleton. I have split from my fellow skeletons primitive ways. I mean, why do they try to kill humans? I suppose I'll never figure it out without a brain...

Register or log in to remove.

UK_Legend
  • Minecraft: xUK_Legendx

Posted 30 October 2011 - 02:21 PM

So it's an in-game sound?

Sounds like a creeper when it's about to explode..

badwolf2407
  • Minecraft: badwolf2407

Posted 30 October 2011 - 02:21 PM

face palm*
thats a creeper noise...
Posted Image

SeparatistSkeleton

Posted 30 October 2011 - 02:22 PM

Oh right thanks lol
I am the separatist skeleton. I have split from my fellow skeletons primitive ways. I mean, why do they try to kill humans? I suppose I'll never figure it out without a brain...

Boncey_Pineapple

Posted 30 October 2011 - 02:22 PM

Its From The Creeper, Creepers Explode And If Your Within A 6 Block Raius They Hiss And When Your In A 1 Block Radius They Explode :)

Thatssssssss A Very Nice Everythign You Have There... It Would Be A Sssssssshame If Somthing Were To Happen To It.

SeparatistSkeleton

Posted 30 October 2011 - 02:24 PM

View PostBoncey_Pineapple, on 30 October 2011 - 02:22 PM, said:

Its From The Creeper, Creepers Explode And If Your Within A 6 Block Raius They Hiss And When Your In A 1 Block Radius They Explode :)

Thatssssssss A Very Nice Everythign You Have There... It Would Be A Sssssssshame If Somthing Were To Happen To It.

ha ha lol

legendsofminecraft
  • Minecraft: Pontoe

Posted 30 October 2011 - 02:25 PM

View PostBoncey_Pineapple, on 30 October 2011 - 02:22 PM, said:

Stop capitalizing every word.
And what you just said isn't true. They actually start hissing as soon as they come close enough to explode, and if you are still close enough after about ~2(?) seconds after he started hissing, he will explode.

death kid620
  • Location: in a mole on a pole in a hole in the bottom of the sea
  • Minecraft: death_kid620

Posted 30 October 2011 - 02:29 PM

they also hiss when damaged.

legendsofminecraft
  • Minecraft: Pontoe

Posted 30 October 2011 - 02:33 PM

View Postdeath kid620, on 30 October 2011 - 02:29 PM, said:

they also hiss when damaged.
That, too

efflandt
    efflandt

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 617 posts

Posted 30 October 2011 - 02:47 PM

Do you have cactus (or lava) near your house? I built a home in a desert village and put some cactus spread out near the corners and the side I had room to towards the outside of the village. So when hostile mobs sense me and try to move towards me, I move around in the house, they bump into the cactus and take damage (including hissing creepers). A number of times they totally expired, so I ran outside and grabbed their loot.

Ocelot60
    Ocelot60

Blaze Extinguisher

• Members
  • 4852 posts

Posted 30 October 2011 - 02:48 PM

Creepers hiss when they get close to you and start to explode

SeparatistSkeleton

Posted 30 October 2011 - 03:02 PM

Yes i have cactus around my house as a defense

Gabrielhud
  • Minecraft: gabrielhud

Posted 30 October 2011 - 03:06 PM

That sounds like a creeper getting hurt.
Posted ImageGENERATION 26: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. --- Read my 'about me' section and all shall become clear.

Argonaut110
  • Minecraft: Argonaut110

Posted 30 October 2011 - 03:14 PM

View PostGabrielhud, on 30 October 2011 - 03:06 PM, said:

That sounds like a creeper getting hurt.

Lol there was a creeper outside my window, but as soon as I smashed the glass it exploded.
Posted Image
"The only reason you have Peaceful mode is because Captain Falcon is there holding off the mobs."

Anon135
    Anon135

Gold Miner

• Members
  • 491 posts
  • Minecraft: Anon1357

Posted 30 October 2011 - 03:22 PM

Damaged creepers...
Posted Image