Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

[1.1.0] Tale of Kingdoms Ver. 1.3.0

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7156 replies to this topic

TyberAlyx

Posted 30 October 2011 - 06:55 AM

POPULAR

Mod edit: Thread locked to prevent update begging and compatibility issue questions. See below where it says this is no longer going to be updated. TyberAlyx, if you wish to have this thread unlocked (permanently if you update, or temporarily to edit the OP for announcements, such as a successor to this mod), please PM insomniac_lemon. Users, the outdated download link is below in the spoiler.

Sequel to this mod is found here - http://www.minecraft...a-announcement/

Posted Image

Tale of Kingdoms is no longer gonna be updated. Feel free to update it though to current MC versions

I am working on a new and better system that could accommodate larger cities, horray!

but I am in dire need of great builders. Builders that could create great cities!

Imagine different capitals for good and evil each with different races. Oh the possibilities!

If you are interested to make this realization to an actualization, please please, please contact me at [email protected] via email and show me the works you have done, possibly in a video or a screenshot. If you have paypal, I would gladly give incentives in dollars if you guys did great, think of it as a thank you gift Posted Image

The mod I dream to make is big, real big. I have learned a lot from tale of kingdoms and I want to make it something much more than what it has achieved ( and hopefully bug free as i have faced the nightmare of it in TOK)

But rain or shine, expect a new and better version soon, most likely a month after the API is released! Cheers!

EDIT: Feel free to add me also on skype if you don't want to email. Skype Username: TyberAlyx

Spoiler:

Posted Image

Register or log in to remove.

mrporkman

Posted 30 October 2011 - 06:58 AM

POPULAR

xXSlyFoxHoundXx says he likes the mod  :Diamond:
and tobuscus.
Spoiler:

MY YOUTUBE http://www.youtube.com/user/TheMrporkman . . . .the guy below me is lying.
MY STEAM ID : MRPORKMAN . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .the guy above me is telling the truth.

the_g0dfatha
  • Minecraft: the_g0dfatha

Posted 30 October 2011 - 06:58 AM

I love this mod.

Posted Image

Holiday 2012

TyberAlyx

Posted 30 October 2011 - 06:59 AM

View Posthillzabeth, on 30 October 2011 - 06:56 AM, said:

Saved!

There, now you share a part in the first post! She will be handling the wiki and the new updates and the faq :lol:
Posted Image

Tyferno
    Tyferno

Stone Miner

• Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 30 October 2011 - 07:03 AM

New thread!

Anyways, I died and went on a forest killing spree. I now have 13 stacks of 64 wood.

I died again. I pity that forest.
Posted Image

Cowsgomoo!

Posted 30 October 2011 - 07:05 AM

Whup! Time to spread the word! First by bumping this thread. :P
And the old OP was "glitched"? O.O How? And, why?
MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Posted Image

TyberAlyx

Posted 30 October 2011 - 07:09 AM

View PostCowsgomoo!, on 30 October 2011 - 07:05 AM, said:

Whup! Time to spread the word! First by bumping this thread. :P
And the old OP was "glitched"? O.O How? And, why?

Can't change the title and the poll. It happened 2 times now and I suggested to the admin that I will just make a new thread instead of bugging them to fix it :P
Posted Image

tuckermon123

Posted 30 October 2011 - 07:26 AM

View PostTyberAlyx, on 30 October 2011 - 07:09 AM, said:

Can't change the title and the poll. It happened 2 times now and I suggested to the admin that I will just make a new thread instead of bugging them to fix it :P
that happens to my posts to

can you make tex support so we can make support texture pack for this
Hey you! Click on the egg. Posted Image

Mathew
    Mathew

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 1079 posts
  • Minecraft: Transperth

Posted 30 October 2011 - 07:27 AM

nice mod
11th! :P
A single word is not "spam". A single word is perfection. It's concise, efficient communication. If I can sum up everything I need to say in a single word instead of one to three paragraphs, how does that not benefit the company that must pay to store everything I type and upload?

Tyferno
    Tyferno

Stone Miner

• Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 30 October 2011 - 07:49 AM

When workers say 'We must go deeper underground sir!' How deep exactly do they mean?

Nevermind- they just cant be able to see the sun
Posted Image

dawid3DanceWithMe

Posted 30 October 2011 - 08:00 AM

I have a question for you guys. I had to delete my save with ToK progress, so I started completely new world, but... I've generated about 20 worlds and I can't find nice seed. I mean, yes, I can look on a forum for a thread with sharing seeds, but I'd like something what has some lakes, a river, a guild in the jungle, a big desert and the second jungle. And everything near :)

FunkD00BiesT

Posted 30 October 2011 - 08:19 AM

View Postdawid3DanceWithMe, on 30 October 2011 - 08:00 AM, said:

I have a question for you guys. I had to delete my save with ToK progress, so I started completely new world, but... I've generated about 20 worlds and I can't find nice seed. I mean, yes, I can look on a forum for a thread with sharing seeds, but I'd like something what has some lakes, a river, a guild in the jungle, a big desert and the second jungle. And everything near :)

Try: "Lakes, River, Jungle Guild, Desert & Jungle" or the numeric for it is "-781574762", as your seed. I got a swamp instead of a jungle but it has some appeal :P

Posted Image

FrostFayre

Posted 30 October 2011 - 08:33 AM

POPULAR

New thread!!
Yaayy!!
Can't wait for the 2nd part!! :rolleyes:
SIGNATURE

WaterPixl
  • Minecraft: WaterPixl

Posted 30 October 2011 - 08:53 AM

Looks great but pretty confusing lol. People will think it's just adventure map
Posted Image

Sorfak
    Sorfak

Carpenter

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 30 October 2011 - 08:56 AM

i have a little idea for when minecraft 1.9 comes out:
Make an alchemist!
The alchemist would sell potions and potion ingredients.
Posted Image

MADSSEJ
    MADSSEJ

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 180 posts

Posted 30 October 2011 - 09:00 AM

Hey if you need i can maybe help with buildings?

PM me if you need help but you will just have to know... i cant upload in schematics so i will upload in whole maps
Leeeeeets build a... wait nevermind im ­ at building...

LittleMikey

Posted 30 October 2011 - 10:13 AM

Yay! New thread :D Can't wait for this one to reach 200+ pages!
Posted Image

BrooksP
    BrooksP

Iron Miner

• Members
  • 346 posts

Posted 30 October 2011 - 10:20 AM

Neat a new thread.  These quotes are from the previous thread.

View Postdeviator, on 30 October 2011 - 02:26 AM, said:

Something I thought was pretty neat... have the builder guy follow you down into the earth before building the city:
Spoiler:

I'm totally doing that when the next update comes around.

View PostTyberAlyx, on 30 October 2011 - 06:05 AM, said:

Anyways, for those that played the pre-release, do you think miners should get a chance of getting iron instead of cobble? (also, I could do diamonds and gold, but that is just way overpowered in my opinion.)

I don't think its really a issue.  Since most of the time I have enough money to buy most stuff that iron is needed for. Doing diamonds would be a little OP.

Also I kind of don't like the mining system.  

For one you can only have 1 person mining at a time, if you try to right click another one the first one stops and it digs another quarry.  

The range that they "throw" cobble at you is kind of weird.  I was out of my mine and above ground and he was still tossing cobble at me.

One suggestion I have is make a Tier 1 upgrade for Quarry/Mineshaft where you can send NPCs to mine.  I would think having them mine into a chest is possible but not sure.

MisteriosM
  • Minecraft: MisteriosM

Posted 30 October 2011 - 10:23 AM

So I have a coment at page 3? wow thas cool you normaly never get it in such great mods.
Posted Image
looking for an epic Adventuremap? cklick here: http://www.minecraft...ower-challenge/

bromber
    bromber

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 158 posts
  • Minecraft: Nottellingyou

Posted 30 October 2011 - 10:32 AM

View Posthillzabeth, on 30 October 2011 - 06:56 AM, said:

I'm writing and managing the wiki for Tale of Kingdoms, so this post is reserved for updates and such!

The link for the wiki is here.

10/29/11 - Working on a wiki page for the different kingdom buildings through tiers 1 & 2!

Good work on the wiki it looks very professional and easy to follow keep up the good work.

@TyberAlyx It might be a good idea to put on your other thread on the 1st post that there is a new thread up in big bold letters or ppl will just bug you about not being answered.
Life is really like this so get over it and start living