62 replies to this topic

Drakia
    Drakia

Tree Puncher

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 33 posts

Posted 30 October 2011 - 02:07 AM

Stargate is a port of the Stargate plugin from hMod - Originally by Dinnerbone/Sturmeh, to the Bukkit platform. The codebase has almost completely been rewritten to optimize performance and add tons of extra features. It is still entirely commandless for general use.

Stargate allows you to create gates that allow for instant-teleportation between large distances. Gates can be always-open, or triggered, they can be hidden, or accessible to everybody, they can share a network, or they can be split into clusters.

Stargate supports both Permissions 2/3 as well as SuperPerms handlers to allow exact control over who can do what.

Download: http://thedgtl.net/bukkit/Stargate.jar
Source: http://github.com/Th...targate-Bukkit/
Support & Usage: http://forum.thedgtl...pic.php?f=4&t=5

Since I'm banned from the Bukkit forums for being against their forced changeover to BukkitDev and general attitude when it comes to administration, I figure I'll post this here :)

Register or log in to remove.

andrewkm
    andrewkm

Glowstone Miner

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 3443 posts

Posted 30 October 2011 - 04:30 AM

Good to know youll still be active with this plugin.

www.ecocitycraft.com

Use "/kit starter" and "/wild land"

BRAND NEW Additional Map! IP: mc.ecocitycraft.com

Posted Image

Robin9080
  • Minecraft: Fireblade115

Posted 30 October 2011 - 09:21 AM

pictures?  :rolleyes:

Posted Image

In Memorium -1994 to 2011- Stargate. Loved and Remembered by Friends and Family Around the World.

Drakia
    Drakia

Tree Puncher

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 33 posts

Posted 30 October 2011 - 06:14 PM

View PostRobin9080, on 30 October 2011 - 09:21 AM, said:

pictures?  :rolleyes:
Check out the Support and Usage link, it contains all the instructions you'll need. Gate layouts are completely customizeable, can be made to be any shape with any material :)

Robin9080
  • Minecraft: Fireblade115

Posted 30 October 2011 - 10:12 PM

View PostDrakia, on 30 October 2011 - 06:14 PM, said:

Check out the Support and Usage link, it contains all the instructions you'll need. Gate layouts are completely customizeable, can be made to be any shape with any material :)
Ok thank you ;p

Posted Image

In Memorium -1994 to 2011- Stargate. Loved and Remembered by Friends and Family Around the World.

fengpwns
  • Minecraft: blaaar

Posted 01 November 2011 - 07:18 PM

Does this support permission EX?
Posted Image

Drakia
    Drakia

Tree Puncher

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 33 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 02:28 AM

View Postfengpwns, on 01 November 2011 - 07:18 PM, said:

Does this support permission EX?
That it does :) Though I recommend reading the usage instructions, as PEX has an odd way of parsing its permissions files.

Anglican
  • Minecraft: Anglican

Posted 04 November 2011 - 08:40 PM

i must admit, this is a good plugin. However, i am only 11 and am confused about the setup.....
If I wanted to, say, use Stone Bricks for a certain stargate, how would i do it?
Plz help me... I cant use this plugin on my server without your help.
Posted Image

bradh233
  • Minecraft: Mrprimal

Posted 04 November 2011 - 11:05 PM

this is a nice plug in im using it on my server but i have seen others just like it  

and anglican

Brad Hunter
Managing Director NinjaNode
Https://NinjaNode.com
Director's Email : [email protected]

Mr. Clean
  • Minecraft: zawmbee

Posted 06 November 2011 - 04:57 PM

Thank jesus you're continuing this plugin. It was by far the most useful plugin (after permissions) on my server.

zzzspawn
    zzzspawn

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 03:46 PM

duuuude! :DDD you sir are awesome! :DDDD

I've been using this plugin since I first started up my server :D
It's so freaking easy, and I just love the whole thing! :D

haha :P only problem I have is with one gate x) it shuts down automagically and just stops working :P
to me it's not a serious issue, as it has trained me to become a god amongst portal placers ;P

but, do you think it could have something that it is placed on wood, or that the wood it's placed on is in the air?
I've got no Idea :P I've even moved it around a bit to see if it makes any difference, but to no avail, it's like if that  area just isn't made for placing portals in :P

but to the point again :D

I love your plugin! x)

and here is a little vid where I use your gates, and the portal gel thingy :DD (I am currently building a giant arena for this though :P so that it will actually require some thinking :P so that you have to teleport around x)

(btw :P an Idea just popped into my mind x) (since you seem to get the hang of portals :P) do you think it would be possible to make a mod that could somehow link portals based on the color of the wool their made of? :P somehow x)

say you could only make a pair in each wool color and looked at it and wrote "/portal" or something, and then it would be linked to the other portal of the same color :P

it would be awesome for like if you made a sort of obstacle course or something and wanted to move from place to place, and it could make it easier with the whole "hiding" of the portal, since there would be no sign :P

wow, I'm awfully of topic here.. again :P but it came to mind as I was writing, so I had to put it down =) )

thanks again for providing this awesome plugin!
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

awkisopen

Posted 09 November 2011 - 05:07 PM

Thank you, thank you, thank you for continuing this plugin despite all the difficulties over at Bukkit. The Bukkit staff should be embarrassed to have banned such an avid and active developer over nothing more than being offended. I can't believe they would inconvenience all of the server admins out there over a personal feud.

Are you continuing the iChat plugin as well? That's what I went to Bukkit.org to install today, but instead got slapped in the face with heavy-handed administrating (closed threads, moved threads, etc).

EDIT: A quick search of the forums and I found that too! :D

Edited by awkisopen, 09 November 2011 - 05:09 PM.

DesmodusDantre

Posted 20 November 2011 - 03:11 AM

I have an idea...Is it possible that you could implement a DHD? If not, do you mind if I make a sort of "copy" of this only...betterish... With a new types of blocks and stuff. Like Naquaddah to build a stargate and energy cores to make the DHD. And the wormhole block that can not be mined. I can draw a quick sketch later. If you can't I will try to make it.
Posted Image [SSSS]

wagawaga

Posted 20 November 2011 - 06:35 PM

Hey there, great mod!
I noticed a bug that is marked as fixed by the changelog (version 0.3.3), that is when you click the sign it doesn't update unless there's a block update nearby.
I'm using the 1.0.0 bukkit since i don't have the minecraft server beta version anymore.

ed58
    ed58

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 01:41 AM

View Postwagawaga, on 20 November 2011 - 06:35 PM, said:

Hey there, great mod!
I noticed a bug that is marked as fixed by the changelog (version 0.3.3), that is when you click the sign it doesn't update unless there's a block update nearby.
I'm using the 1.0.0 bukkit since i don't have the minecraft server beta version anymore.

Same here. I was able to find the development build 1417 (or something). and was able to get all my plugins to work properly. Except this one, which made it difficult for my players to tell which portal they wanted to travel through.
Basically when a player right clicks the portal sign, The list doesn't scroll down. When a player logs off and back on, the stargate is scrolled down to the correct stargate approximate to the number of clicks. That's about all I know about this bug. hopefully it's fixed soon.

AlmightyNakajima

Posted 21 November 2011 - 03:26 PM

When I right click the sign it does not update with destinations...

Dhozer
    Dhozer

Carpenter

• Members
  • 68 posts
  • Minecraft: dhozer

Posted 22 November 2011 - 09:27 PM

I am so glad to see you keeping up on this.  I was extremely excited to use this plugin when I first found it.  A couple questions... will you be releasing an update when the next Bukkit RB is released for 1.0.0 or should the current version already work?  I have a dev CB on my server right now and if you think the stargate version should work I'll go ahead and try it.  I'm not really sure what all happened with you and bukkit admin but I'm extremely glad to see you keeping up on this.  It is by far one of my favorite portal plugins!  Thanks in advance for your response and keep up the great work!
Posted Image

LuvMyComp

Posted 08 December 2011 - 02:40 AM

Thanks for the post. I love Stargate. Sorry banned bro, that stinks. Next time don't be so opinionated.  :)

Typhonragewind

Posted 21 December 2011 - 10:47 PM

Is there any way to make this magnific plugin work as a standalone mod for singleplayer?

Posted Image

spartanempoleo

Posted 08 January 2012 - 01:05 AM

This is epic! Does it work with bukkitpermissions though?
After thorugh lurking I've decided to actually post. I'm also dissapointed by the lack of impact text. Also have a channel: