• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

OldSchool Minecraft Mod!

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

PaperMoon

Posted 29 October 2011 - 05:31 PM

Hey guys, with all the new releases and stuff, people have been complaining about Minecraft losing its meaning. Personally, I believe that too, but given the fact that its Notch's game, and he supposedly intended it to be originally a RPG, we can't do a thing about it.

I want to assemble a team to create a mod that creates Minecraft as it should have been without RPG elements. That means no EnderMen etc., no potions, no enchantments, better terrain generation, pigmen villagers, better slime spawn rate, and MORE.

I'm looking for a team of talented modders to help code and develop the mod, so please contact me if you feel like your up to it.

Thanks!
Experiar quid? Ad spectare nigrae chartae lunaem

Register or log in to remove.

whutsurnaym
  • Minecraft: whutsurnaym

Posted 29 October 2011 - 05:35 PM

View PostPaperMoon, on 29 October 2011 - 05:31 PM, said:

Hey guys, with all the new releases and stuff, people have been complaining about Minecraft losing its meaning. Personally, I believe that too, but given the fact that its Notch's game, and he supposedly intended it to be originally a RPG, we can't do a thing about it.

Or can we?

I want to assemble a team to create a mod that creates Minecraft as it should have been without RPG elements. That means no EnderMen etc., no potions, no enchantments, better terrain generation, pigmen villagers, better slime spawn rate, and MORE.

I'm looking for a team of talented modders to help code and develop the mod, so please contact me if you feel like your up to it.

Thanks!
If you don't like the new features, don't use them, or don't update.

Offense is taken, not given.

Antylamon
  • Minecraft: GetToDahChoppa

Posted 29 October 2011 - 05:35 PM

Those aren't really RPG elements that you're changing imo.

In fact I don't think there are any strictly RPG-influenced parts of the game. Unless you want the useless stuff called experience gone, which I can understand cause it has no purpose, then this mod serves no purpose. If you don't want that stuff then downgrade.

Eacob
    Eacob

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 520 posts
  • Minecraft: eacob

Posted 29 October 2011 - 05:36 PM

play 1.7.3.... -_- seriously?
Posted Image

Sillen
    Sillen

Glowstone Miner

• Members
  • 3000 posts
  • Minecraft: Sickan

Posted 29 October 2011 - 05:58 PM

Well... apart from everyone else complaining about how you should like the rpg features etc, I'd like this mod to be made. I could be a part of it, although I don't know that much coding.
AND and OR should be renamed BOTH and EITHER.

Kyron
    Kyron

Crayon Moderator

• Sectional Moderator
  • 865 posts
  • Minecraft: KyronP

Posted 29 October 2011 - 09:26 PM

I'm not joining because I don't see future in this mod, but maybe you should put down what you can already do so that people know who they will work with.

"La lutte elle-même vers les sommets suffit à remplir un cœur d'homme. Il faut imaginer Sisyphe heureux."

PaperMoon

Posted 31 October 2011 - 08:43 PM

View Postwhutsurnaym, on 29 October 2011 - 05:35 PM, said:

If you don't like the new features, don't use them, or don't update.
wow :l I'm making this mod so that we can have what minecraft was supposed to have, according to stuff notch promised :/ (example: he said more prefix mobs and underwater content.)
Its typical of people to assume that ignoring or downgrading is what people who complain about new features want.

Smitty456

Posted 03 November 2011 - 05:54 PM

Yes, thats a great idea. I know that many people agree when i say screw sheers, screw endermen, screw wild grass, etc.  i enjoyed minecraft back in beta 1.2 or 1.3

PaperMoon

Posted 04 November 2011 - 10:46 PM

View PostSmitty456, on 03 November 2011 - 05:54 PM, said:

Yes, thats a great idea. I know that many people agree when i say screw sheers, screw endermen, screw wild grass, etc.  i enjoyed minecraft back in beta 1.2 or 1.3
exactly

spaceburrito1

Posted 19 November 2011 - 05:34 PM

If you can make this mod I would be EXTREMELY GRATEFUL, I completely agree, no potions, no new sounds, seeds from farmland, unlimited use bows, but I do like the new light, and breeding, but If I knew java, I would help, sorry I can't.

Posted Image

jesshankin22

Posted 19 November 2011 - 06:35 PM

I like this idea... bring back the old minecraft and take out the stupid things... 1.7.3 with better generations sounds really nice.

Nighson
    Nighson

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 19 November 2011 - 07:21 PM

Hurrah for reactionaries!

You may wish to simply over an older version of Minecraft via MCNostalgia.

Afffsdd
    Afffsdd

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 19 November 2011 - 07:49 PM

View PostPaperMoon, on 29 October 2011 - 05:31 PM, said:

Thanks!
YES! I will help!
Hewlett-Hackard.
Proud cheater, coder, and griefer.

MrMediumFries

Posted 20 November 2011 - 12:00 AM

Sounds good, my friend and I want to get into coding and were thinking of a mod that makes it so that you can have a world creation option so that it play like it did in 1.1/1.2. Now that I think about it that would be difficult but we can try help.
Note: We are beginners with java and have merely dabbled in the source code for minecraft to figure out what it all does but we can try!

spaceburrito1

Posted 21 November 2011 - 03:45 AM

I have an idea, to make this mod compatible for a multitude of users, we should add a menu option that turns off features that can be easily done, like certain textures, sounds, things like the bow durability, the old menu, the spawning of certain mobs, the look of mobs like pigs (nose) and the water speed, the hunger, the exp. points, and ex.

View PostNighson, on 19 November 2011 - 07:21 PM, said:

Hurrah for reactionaries!

You may wish to simply over an older version of Minecraft via MCNostalgia.
But what if you like some new features that mix well with others, but not others.

Posted Image

Achyst
    Achyst

Newly Spawned

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 02:18 AM

Im Down to help friend