[1.6.4] Mine Little Pony v1.6.4.1

ponies player model friendship

• Please log in to reply
6386 replies to this topic

Rena_Kunai
  • Minecraft: RenaKunai

Posted 03 November 2011 - 02:14 AM

1. This mod is awesome.

2. Everyone who doesn't like MLP and/or hates it watch this before posting a reply to this thread.

3. Is it possible that you make a 5th body type, which would be like Big Mac's?
Posted Image

Register or log in to remove.

FrederickGeek8
  • Minecraft: FrederickGeek8

Posted 03 November 2011 - 02:23 AM

Posted Image

seanvanpelt2
  • Minecraft: seanvanpelt2

Posted 03 November 2011 - 02:59 AM

Apple Bloom was my favorite before watching the show but I'm starting to like Applejack. =)
Posted Image

MgMegadog

Posted 03 November 2011 - 03:19 AM

View Postseanvanpelt2, on 02 November 2011 - 07:02 PM, said:

If you want a specific pony skin, you need to go to www.minecraft.net and upload the one you want. Make sure the color in the top left hand corner is the color you want for the wings/horn.
I know how to change my skin, I just don't know how it forms around my pony. The one in the first post is useful for the most part, but I wanted to apply some patterns, and I can't get it to look right.

Also, I notice that this doesn't load the back legs, it loads the front ones. any reason why?

Yomikaki_Tri

Posted 03 November 2011 - 03:24 AM

You smell that?? THATS THE SMELL OF EPIC WIN!
Posted Image

xDefineTheMinecrafter
  • Minecraft: xDefine

Posted 03 November 2011 - 03:27 AM

I smell...horse dung....and a bit of WIN!
Click the egg..OH NOES IT DIED.

seanvanpelt2

Posted 03 November 2011 - 03:31 AM

View PostMgMegadog, on 03 November 2011 - 03:19 AM, said:

I know how to change my skin, I just don't know how it forms around my pony. The one in the first post is useful for the most part, but I wanted to apply some patterns, and I can't get it to look right.

Also, I notice that this doesn't load the back legs, it loads the front ones. any reason why?
I'm guess that the way it works is for the pony's legs, it uses the person's arms for both the front and back legs.
Posted Image

Verdana
    Verdana

Iron Miner

• Members
  • 316 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 08:13 AM

View PostMgMegadog, on 03 November 2011 - 03:19 AM, said:

Yes, it is hard to put patterns on the body of the pony because the same texture is reused all around the body. There is not enough space for all of the textures that would be needed to colour every part of the pony in a unique texture so I had to reuse some. Sorry. Minecraft.net does not allow any larger texture to be uploaded for the player skin. If I find a way to improve the situation in future then I'll fix this but for now we are stuck with the default minecraft skin size. (The only way I can think to improve it would be to have my own skin server that served a second skin to anyone who had uploaded a compatible version, and an alternative set of models to be used if this larger skin is found. The old skins would then only be used as a fall-back.)

The same problem applies to the legs (sort of). Because we re-use the panel at the top of the leg for the pony cutie mark this would make ponies look odd if we also used that texture for the legs as well (they would have two cutie marks). There is actually a free area of the skin that is large enough to store the cutie mark, but I don't want to break everyone's skins again (like I'm going to do with the ears), and I don't want everyone without the mod to look like blank flanks, so I'm probably not going to change this (again at least not until I can find a way to use larger skins).

MgMegadog

Posted 03 November 2011 - 09:21 AM

View PostVerdana, on 03 November 2011 - 08:13 AM, said:

Yes, it is hard to put patterns on the body of the pony because the same texture is reused all around the body. There is not enough space for all of the textures that would be needed to colour every part of the pony in a unique texture so I had to reuse some. Sorry. Minecraft.net does not allow any larger texture to be uploaded for the player skin. If I find a way to improve the situation in future then I'll fix this but for now we are stuck with the default minecraft skin size. (The only way I can think to improve it would be to have my own skin server that served a second skin to anyone who had uploaded a compatible version, and an alternative set of models to be used if this larger skin is found. The old skins would then only be used as a fall-back.)

The same problem applies to the legs (sort of). Because we re-use the panel at the top of the leg for the pony cutie mark this would make ponies look odd if we also used that texture for the legs as well (they would have two cutie marks). There is actually a free area of the skin that is large enough to store the cutie mark, but I don't want to break everyone's skins again (like I'm going to do with the ears), and I don't want everyone without the mod to look like blank flanks, so I'm probably not going to change this (again at least not until I can find a way to use larger skins).
Why not make the front legs arms, and the back legs legs?

Also, if you mean the cutie mark is only on one side (say, left) then you may need to watch some episodes again. The cutie mark is on both back legs. Of course, you could mean 4 cutie marks (front and back) but then, you could use the above method. ^

I like the idea of a secondary server, but simplicity is key, so I'll just try to make it work somehow...

J4Johnny
    J4Johnny

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 160 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 09:44 AM

View PostStarkeKatzer, on 29 October 2011 - 03:24 AM, said:

Oh please no!

Oh yes! -InsertTrollFace-

Thou shall not eat thee Golden apple -Crunch- Fuck you..

Verdana
    Verdana

Iron Miner

• Members
  • 316 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 10:46 AM

View PostMgMegadog, on 03 November 2011 - 09:21 AM, said:

Why not make the front legs arms, and the back legs legs?

Also, if you mean the cutie mark is only on one side (say, left) then you may need to watch some episodes again. The cutie mark is on both back legs. Of course, you could mean 4 cutie marks (front and back) but then, you could use the above method. ^

I like the idea of a secondary server, but simplicity is key, so I'll just try to make it work somehow...
Yes, I have watched the show  :P  I meant a total of 4, with 2 on each side. If you paint a tail down the back of the legs (so you have a tail on your skin for people without the mod installed, this is standard in the skins right now) then this would be another reason not to reuse the normal legs for pony legs. So for these reasons this probably isn't going to be changing any time soon.

I agree simplicity is key, I wouldn't want people to have to upload their skins in two places but I can't see a way around it if we want to go the route of using larger skin textures (unless Notch sees this and makes it permitted to upload larger textures on minecraft.net  :D ).

seanvanpelt2

Posted 03 November 2011 - 02:16 PM

If I had a server I would so make one where you're required to have this mod. Mine Little Pony Server. =P
Posted Image

Firespread
  • Location: O'er the hills of Narnia, under the vile Nether, past the mountains of Sparta and through Mordor, you shall find me on.... EARTH.
  • Minecraft: Sir_Firespread

Posted 03 November 2011 - 02:19 PM

The two greatest things in life
Together!
AT LAST!
Hullo, my name is Firespread. Sir Firespread, if you please. I'm naturally American and English is my native language, but I'm about 40% Russian, 20% French/German/Spanish/English, 10%Irish, 10% Israeli, 10% From every other developed country on earth, and 10% American.
So I guess you could say I'm Russian, even though I know none of the language. I do know some French, however. Anyway, I'm Sir Firespread, And I'm here to help. And rant.

Vinyl_Scratch_
  • Minecraft: InfernoGuy29

Posted 03 November 2011 - 04:58 PM

Hope you don't mind, Verdana, but I'm doing a review of this mod on the forum.

(It's a positive one!)

It might also help attract more attention to it.
Posted Image
Rainbow Dash and Vinyl Scratch are best ponies.....

neojames
    neojames

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 08:17 PM

Do you know what would be really cool, compatibility with Millenaire so you can have villages with Ponys :)
Posted Image

Sherlock Kaito

Posted 03 November 2011 - 09:48 PM

Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong here? I tried two designs but they give me a background pony skin instead of the one I made
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Princess_Luna
  • Minecraft: Silver_Breeze

Posted 03 November 2011 - 09:53 PM

View PostSherlock Kaito, on 03 November 2011 - 09:48 PM, said:

Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong here? I tried two designs but they give me a background pony skin instead of the one I made
Posted Image
Posted Image

If you want your pony to be a unicorn, then the pixel on the left top must be exactly d19fe4 color.
Posted Image

the 1 and only miner_2

Posted 03 November 2011 - 10:09 PM

my little pony so scrawny and boney  :P   :tnt: still diamonds for u  :Diamond: :Diamond: :Diamond:
Posted Image

Matsilagi_MK2

Posted 03 November 2011 - 10:36 PM

How do i change my pony?

Its an awesome mod, but i want to change my pony to RainbowDash (Not the Pink one).

Thanks!

Princess_Luna
  • Minecraft: Silver_Breeze

Posted 03 November 2011 - 10:50 PM

View PostMatsilagi_MK2, on 03 November 2011 - 10:36 PM, said:

How do i change my pony?

Its an awesome mod, but i want to change my pony to RainbowDash (Not the Pink one).

Thanks!
Hey, you just need to upload needed skin to minecraft.net in profile section.
Also, why don't you just read the first post of the thread? It has all the instructions.
Posted Image