Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

MCSkin 3D

• Please log in to reply
3661 replies to this topic

AstroSpud
  • Minecraft: Dzemo24

Posted 31 October 2011 - 09:14 AM

I use gradient and it makes the picture seem like a higher resolution.

Posted Image

Register or log in to remove.

Paril
    Paril

PMC El Sassador

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 964 posts
  • Minecraft: Paril

Posted 31 October 2011 - 09:25 AM

Yeah, nice shading and more colors make textures appear larger than they really are. I have a feeling that I could implement gradients somehow in the 2d view, we'll see how it turns out.

-P

Posted Image

Aena
    Aena

Carpenter

• Members
  • 69 posts
  • Minecraft: Aena

Posted 31 October 2011 - 09:36 AM

It gives me excuse to make myself work on some incomplete skins, so beta testing is all right with me!

I think even just a small handful of poses would be fine, similar to how NovaSkin handles it.  Personally, I could get by with 3 poses: one with arms and legs straight down, one with arms and legs out to the sides (within reason, like the Vitruvian Man), and maybe a running pose with arms and legs out just a tad farther than the walking animation shows - not including moving the head.  Anything further would mostly be a luxury for making preview images and checking specific issues with certain skins.

☆|[ (´.ω .`) ]|☆
Posted Image

Paril
    Paril

PMC El Sassador

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 964 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 09:40 AM

View PostAena, on 31 October 2011 - 09:36 AM, said:

It gives me excuse to make myself work on some incomplete skins, so beta testing is all right with me!

I think even just a small handful of poses would be fine, similar to how NovaSkin handles it.  Personally, I could get by with 3 poses: one with arms and legs straight down, one with arms and legs out to the sides (within reason, like the Vitruvian Man), and maybe a running pose with arms and legs out just a tad farther than the walking animation shows - not including moving the head.  Anything further would mostly be a luxury for making preview images and checking specific issues with certain skins.

Okay - do you use any messengers? PM me whichever you prefer if you like.

The handful would probably work, but if I had those poses implemented I would logically have to have a way to customize them.

EDIT: Check your PMs, I sent you my contact info.

-P

Posted Image

7ZERO0
    7ZERO0

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 640 posts
  • Minecraft: 7ZERO0

Posted 31 October 2011 - 09:56 AM

Great Tool. I was going to make my skin better when i noticed it's on my other computer....

Paril
    Paril

PMC El Sassador

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 964 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 10:03 AM

View Post7ZERO0, on 31 October 2011 - 09:56 AM, said:

Great Tool. I was going to make my skin better when i noticed it's on my other computer....

Thanks! I hope you'll continue to use my program and suggest things to make it easier to use for you.

-P

Posted Image

minecrafter32
  • Minecraft: nafets3646

Posted 31 October 2011 - 10:30 AM

This this tool is awesome!
But I have one question:
Can you make skins with higher resolution for 32x, 64x,... texturepacks with it? If not, it would be a very interesting feature, because I haven't seen a skin editor with this feature yet.

Paril
    Paril

PMC El Sassador

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 964 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 10:34 AM

View Postminecrafter32, on 31 October 2011 - 10:30 AM, said:

This this tool is awesome!
But I have one question:
Can you make skins with higher resolution for 32x, 64x,... texturepacks with it? If not, it would be a very interesting feature, because I haven't seen a skin editor with this feature yet.

At the moment, I force the resolution, and attempting to import anything smaller/larger may cause an access violation - the next version (1.2) will include support for higher resolution textures. Thanks for the remarks!

-P

Posted Image

flamemic
    flamemic

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 14 posts
  • Minecraft: flamemic

Posted 31 October 2011 - 10:41 AM

is there any plan for a mac version because as you said most skin editors are a bit...lacking and i would definitely switch to your skin editor if there was.

have a  :Ham: for your hard work
please check out my channel
http://www.youtube.com/user/VDMCTekk

Paril
    Paril

PMC El Sassador

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 964 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 10:44 AM

View Postflamemic, on 31 October 2011 - 10:41 AM, said:

is there any plan for a mac version because as you said most skin editors are a bit...lacking and i would definitely switch to your skin editor if there was.

have a  :Ham: for your hard work

At the moment no, sorry. The only way you could run this on Mac is if you compiled it with the Mono Framework, and what I've done makes heavy use of Win32 magic to do a lot of its work.

The best you could do at the moment is use a virtual machine like Bootcamp and run it through there.

I'm sorry I can't get you to switch at the moment. I'd of opted for a more cross-platform environment if they didn't all suck so much, which probably explains why the other editors are so lacking.

-P

Posted Image

flamemic
    flamemic

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 14 posts
  • Minecraft: flamemic

Posted 31 October 2011 - 10:48 AM

View PostParil, on 31 October 2011 - 10:44 AM, said:

At the moment no, sorry. The only way you could run this on Mac is if you compiled it with the Mono Framework, and what I've done makes heavy use of Win32 magic to do a lot of its work.

The best you could do at the moment is use a virtual machine like Bootcamp and run it through there.

I'm sorry I can't get you to switch at the moment. I'd of opted for a more cross-platform environment if they didn't all suck so much, which probably explains why the other editors are so lacking.

-P

ok
thanks anyway
please check out my channel
http://www.youtube.com/user/VDMCTekk

Paril
    Paril

PMC El Sassador

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 964 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 12:09 PM

Hey guys, just wanted to let you know how it's progressing. Here's the current changelog:

Version 1.2
- Bug fixes relating to importing and naming skins
- Controllable 2D zoom and translate
- Import multiple skins, simplified importing
- Removed Commit button
- Added Save, Save As and Save All buttons
- Fixed a password and enumeration serialization issue
- Added a right-click context menu for the Skins list
- Added HSL+A as one of the alternatives to RGB.
-- There seems to be some extraneous operations going on there that cause it to be slow, too much floating point math?
- Made color slider thumbs smaller
- Support for high resolution textures (up to 256x128)

-P

Posted Image

Mattystg
    Mattystg

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 02:57 AM

The increased texture support sounds amazing, any chance of a link to the 1.2v soon? :P

Paril
    Paril

PMC El Sassador

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 964 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 08:11 AM

View PostMattystg, on 01 November 2011 - 02:57 AM, said:

The increased texture support sounds amazing, any chance of a link to the 1.2v soon? :P

I'll probably get it released tomorrow; Aena found a pretty critical bug in 1.1 that should be addressed.

-P

Posted Image

mine_lord121
  • Minecraft: The_Guardian

Posted 01 November 2011 - 08:48 AM

excellent!
Support his suggestion guys :D
Posted Image

Paril
    Paril

PMC El Sassador

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 964 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 10:37 AM

View Postmine_lord121, on 01 November 2011 - 08:48 AM, said:

excellent!

Thanks, mine_lord. If you have any suggestions, feel free to post them, no matter how insignificant they may feel.

-P

Posted Image

Paril
    Paril

PMC El Sassador

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 964 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 10:51 AM

Hey guys, just bumping this for version 1.2!

Consider it a minor release, but a very critical bug was caught in 1.1 that needed to be fixed. I held back from several other features to fix this one.

I think that this is the only "critical" bug in the program at the moment, so this should suffice while I work on some large enhancements.

The second-biggest feature of this update is an auto-update checker. The moment I release a new update (and you open the app or check it via the Help) you'll know!

-P

Posted Image

sloppyroblo543

Posted 01 November 2011 - 05:35 PM

I just register an account on this and I saw this!! It looks amazing I might get it!  :iapprove:  :Diamond:

Amirsacc
    Amirsacc

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1009 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 05:37 PM

Really good, fantastic!

MinistryofGamess
  • Minecraft: MinistryofGamess

Posted 01 November 2011 - 05:38 PM

seems like somebody got popular :P

Posted Image