Kionashi

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 230 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 08:32 AM

oh man...

View PostWorkerdrone, on 20 May 2013 - 07:11 AM, said:

That's weird, it works for me.

Same result with a clean 1.5.2 install, using only NEI and Better Dungeons.

Also, every staff (except Heal) breaks if you bash a mob with it (left-click).

oh man...i tried again with a clean game...all i have is Forge and Better Dungeons...i set mineshafts to 0 and it keeps crashing in the world gen

Spoiler:

Workerdrone

Posted 21 May 2013 - 12:52 PM

View Postdevastor147, on 21 May 2013 - 04:24 AM, said:

RGGGAGAGGAHAGAHGAHHHRGHH! NO ONE UNDERSTANDS!

From my point of view the only folder I'm getting is the mods folder! There is no two folders called 'put this into your .minecraft and I'm getting four folders instead of two!

What I'm supposed to be getting:
Chocolate
mods

What I'm actually getting:
chocolate
bdimg
bdsounds
textures
What is the name of the zip file you are opening ?
From where did you get the zip file ?

Sopwith
    Sopwith

Stone Miner

• Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 11:46 PM

The mod does not appear to work with the latest version of forge in 1.5.2... Posted Image

EDIT: I TAKE IT BACK! I deleted the chocolate folder and the mod .zip in my /mods folder, reinstalled, and works like a charm, even with Better World Generation 4 and Dungeon Pack. Winning!

Kionashi
    Kionashi

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 230 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 12:09 AM

View PostSopwith, on 21 May 2013 - 11:46 PM, said:

The mod does not appear to work with the latest version of forge in 1.5.2... Posted Image

EDIT: I TAKE IT BACK! I deleted the chocolate folder and the mod .zip in my /mods folder, reinstalled, and works like a charm, even with Better World Generation 4 and Dungeon Pack. Winning!

Dungeon Pack?....sounds interesting....what is that?

Workerdrone

Posted 22 May 2013 - 04:09 AM

View PostKionashi, on 22 May 2013 - 12:09 AM, said:

Dungeon Pack?....sounds interesting....what is that?
This one I think, http://www.minecraft...fixes-bugfixes/

craftsmanthe
  • Minecraft: craftsmanthe

Posted 22 May 2013 - 11:34 AM

View PostFSMAcolyte, on 21 May 2013 - 05:01 AM, said:

Zey are entrances leading to mineshafts, changed 'mineshafts' to 0 and i don't get them anymore

Tom638
    Tom638

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 35 posts
  • Minecraft: Tom638
  • Xbox:Tom96381

Posted 22 May 2013 - 06:35 PM

Will this mod work on my forge multiplayer server? Played on single player and it is AWESOME!

Posted Image

I don't actually play Nodiatis XD   but still...           :D   Necromancy + Undead stuff FTW  :D

XanderGryphon
  • Minecraft: XanderGryphon

Posted 22 May 2013 - 06:36 PM

View PostTom638, on 22 May 2013 - 06:35 PM, said:

Will this mod work on my forge multiplayer server? Played on single player and it is AWESOME!

Yes, it will. I use it currently on my server and it's even more fun going through dungeons with friends.

Posted Image

omgitsspaghetti

Posted 22 May 2013 - 06:40 PM

Um wats the point of this

How do yo post stuff on the main thing

Zabadar
    Zabadar

Coal Miner

• Members
  • 133 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 10:21 PM

Hello Chocolatin. Recently I have been testing your mod to see if it would go good on my server and I have to say it is great to see Better Dungeons is still going strong and is continuing innovate. I do have one concern and it's that someone might accidentally use one of the instant dungeon spawn items while in creative. Could you maybe add an option to the config that could serve as a convenient way of disabling their use.

Eoden13
    Eoden13

Stone Miner

• Members
  • 98 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 03:27 AM

I wanted to run something by you and see if this bukkit plugin would work correctly with the better dungeons mod...

Basically we love the mod but when new dungeons are loaded as players run around the server map it causes some massive lag... I was thinking about using the plugin world border (http://dev.bukkit.or...ds/worldborder/) to set a limit size to the world and then use the plugin to fill/generate the area of the world I have set for the border. If this plugin pre-fills/generates the world do you think that will allow the better dungeons to spawn naturally or does it need to be a physical player running around the world. I thought I would post here and get your thoughts. I was going to load up my server world in a test environment tomorrow and share the results if other server moderators are facing the same issue.

thanks

RainsfordII

Posted 23 May 2013 - 05:14 PM

I would like to confirm that the staves break when you hit an enemy. Also when I use the web shot item, the server says "player has moved too quickly" which subsequentlly makes my character stuck. Is there a mod to disable that "moving too quickly" part on the server?

Chaosscientist

Posted 23 May 2013 - 06:13 PM

Love the better dungeons mod, and all the awesome items it brings. I just have one issue. The revolver makes no sound when firing. Any way to fix this?
Scream, Aim, Fire!

Eoden13
    Eoden13

Stone Miner

• Members
  • 98 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 12:58 AM

View PostEoden13, on 23 May 2013 - 03:27 AM, said:

I wanted to run something by you and see if this bukkit plugin would work correctly with the better dungeons mod...

Basically we love the mod but when new dungeons are loaded as players run around the server map it causes some massive lag... I was thinking about using the plugin world border (http://dev.bukkit.or...ds/worldborder/) to set a limit size to the world and then use the plugin to fill/generate the area of the world I have set for the border. If this plugin pre-fills/generates the world do you think that will allow the better dungeons to spawn naturally or does it need to be a physical player running around the world. I thought I would post here and get your thoughts. I was going to load up my server world in a test environment tomorrow and share the results if other server moderators are facing the same issue.

thanks

FYI I wanted to update on the test world with World Border plugin it has properly loaded all the better dungeon areas. I am going to setup my primary server to load the entire map tonight (doing 5k blocks) and it will take awhile. I hope this will help reduce the lag as people travel the world. I hope this helps other server admins out there looking to enjoy Better dungeons and reduce lag. :)

aknotsdeath

Posted 24 May 2013 - 01:16 AM

How do you get this to work on a server since I have a plug in folder and not a mod folder?

Eoden13
    Eoden13

Stone Miner

• Members
  • 98 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 01:37 AM

View Postaknotsdeath, on 24 May 2013 - 01:16 AM, said:

How do you get this to work on a server since I have a plug in folder and not a mod folder?

I use a custom mod pack with the Feed the Beast client. Server side I use MCPC Plus to add in Bukkit Support for plugins.

aknotsdeath

Posted 24 May 2013 - 02:44 AM

View PostEoden13, on 24 May 2013 - 01:37 AM, said:

I use a custom mod pack with the Feed the Beast client. Server side I use MCPC Plus to add in Bukkit Support for plugins.
Do you have a link for that so I can install this cool mod?

Because when I did a search for MCPC Plus all I seen were ones for older versions of Minecraft not with version 1.5.2

Eoden13
    Eoden13

Stone Miner

• Members
  • 98 posts

View Postaknotsdeath, on 24 May 2013 - 02:41 AM, said:

Do you have a link for that so I can install this cool mod?

you can check out our website and apply to the whitelist here. www.hamcraft.net otherwise I am afraid I cannot give out the modpack.

aknotsdeath

I have my own server I am trying to get this mod to work on otherwise I would love to join yours. Sorry. :(