• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

[1.6.4][Forge][SMP] Metallurgy - Putting the "Mine" back in "Minecraft"!

metallurgy ore mining tools 1.1 smp ssp terrain

• Please log in to reply
12306 replies to this topic

Aeraesoria
  • Minecraft: Elessar_Elanesse

Posted 01 January 2013 - 03:37 AM

View PostWreckage, on 31 December 2012 - 07:43 PM, said:

I see a slot on the right side of the abstracter. Is there a use for this? Is there any way to capture xp orbs, mods or other?

Until Shadow and Keith add the thing to catch exp I'd suggest using thaumcraft 3's brain in a jar.
Posted Image

Register or log in to remove.

RhinoKneel

Posted 01 January 2013 - 04:47 AM

View Postglodos, on 01 January 2013 - 03:13 AM, said:

This isn't really metallurgy related, but I use it with FTB, so hopefully someone can help. I was playing Feed the Beast today, and an angry zombie dropped an item called a "stolen present" when I killed it with my steel looting sword. Any idea what the present does? I tried the FTB forums and nobody knew.

It was added by Steve's Carts mod. Basically it was a festive currency for Christmas that you can trade with a Santa villager (use a warm hat on a villager)

Posted Image

Killgore32
  • Minecraft: Killgore32

Posted 01 January 2013 - 03:54 PM

View PostKillgore32, on 29 December 2012 - 03:07 PM, said:

Found an issue when you install Metallurgy alongside Railcraft.  Making Armor out of Railcraft Steel gets you a set of Desichalkos Armor.  Not an ID conflict, but it looks like Steel and Desichalkos Ingots are equivalent as far as NEI is concerned, since they show up as interchangeable in the recipes.

Sorry to quote myself, but it does look like it was another item ID conflict, but It doesn't look like there should have been.
Relevant sections in my configs:

Base
Spoiler:

Ender
Spoiler:
Unless my math is wrong, 7100 + 250 = 7350. Starting Ender at 7450 should be a full 100 IDs clear of base's steel. Railcraft's IDs are in the 13000 range so it isn't a conflict between RC's steel and Ender at all, but Base's steel. Setting the Ender metals clear to the 26000 range cleared the conflict.
Are some portions of Metallurgy using more IDs than they say they are?  Makes it difficult to map out ID ranges without conflicts if they are.
Check out my server here:

RebelKeith
    RebelKeith

Diamond Miner

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 796 posts
  • Minecraft: RebelKeithy

Posted 01 January 2013 - 04:50 PM

View PostKillgore32, on 01 January 2013 - 03:54 PM, said:

Sorry to quote myself, but it does look like it was another item ID conflict, but It doesn't look like there should have been.
Relevant sections in my configs:

Base
Spoiler:

Ender
Spoiler:
Unless my math is wrong, 7100 + 250 = 7350. Starting Ender at 7450 should be a full 100 IDs clear of base's steel. Railcraft's IDs are in the 13000 range so it isn't a conflict between RC's steel and Ender at all, but Base's steel. Setting the Ender metals clear to the 26000 range cleared the conflict.
Are some portions of Metallurgy using more IDs than they say they are?  Makes it difficult to map out ID ranges without conflicts if they are.

If you want to be sure there are no id conflicts, look in ForgeModLoader-client-0.log

Killgore32
  • Minecraft: Killgore32

Posted 01 January 2013 - 10:58 PM

View PostRebelKeith, on 01 January 2013 - 04:50 PM, said:

If you want to be sure there are no id conflicts, look in ForgeModLoader-client-0.log
That was how I caught the above error, but it still doesn't answer the question.  How many IDs is Metallurgy actually using, because the number in the config file doesn't seem to be correct?
Check out my server here:

anagran
    anagran

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 12:17 AM

I'm not sure if this is a Metallurgy problem or Factorization problem, but when I store bars/dust from Metallurgy in Factorization barrels, there are no names, just the number of items whereas most other items I store in barrels will show me their names when I right click the barrel empty handed.  

If anyone can point me in the right direction (if its a factorization problem) or a fix for this would be handy.

Thanks,

Anagran

Aeraesoria
  • Minecraft: Elessar_Elanesse

Posted 02 January 2013 - 12:50 AM

View Postanagran, on 02 January 2013 - 12:17 AM, said:

I'm not sure if this is a Metallurgy problem or Factorization problem, but when I store bars/dust from Metallurgy in Factorization barrels, there are no names, just the number of items whereas most other items I store in barrels will show me their names when I right click the barrel empty handed.  

If anyone can point me in the right direction (if its a factorization problem) or a fix for this would be handy.

Thanks,

Anagran

It's most likely a factorization issue I believe.
Posted Image

mouse240

Posted 02 January 2013 - 05:39 AM

Hello, quick question that I hope doesn't go unnoticed. I am looking for a HD Vanilla like texture pack/addon that has the armor/swords of metallurgy. I only know of Sphax so far but although it is a nice style I simply want something a bit less cartoony so that I can just use it along side the vanilla block textures. (I realize it would look a little weird for some people but I just can't stand low res sword textures, some of the swords in the mod look really wonky because of the low res textures)

Shadowclaimer
  • Minecraft: Shadowclaimer

Posted 02 January 2013 - 12:08 PM

Thanks to MazeXD for converting us to Bukkit!
Designer/Artist on Metallurgy, Aquaculture, and Atum
Follow me on Twitter for Updates and Streams: http://twitter.com/Shadowclaimer

Karasu_13

Posted 02 January 2013 - 03:49 PM

Is there a possibility of better armor textures?I mean the armor items look epicly awesome, but when you put them on...eeeeeh..meh.
I was so excited about getting my awesome armor an looking like a hell lord, but then i realised that it is the vanilla armor , but re-colored...
---Thanks!
(^-^) Ohai!

RhinoKneel

Posted 02 January 2013 - 05:40 PM

Anyone else suddenly having issues with the Balkon's addon? Havent changed anything for them but they arent in my ids anymore even with the updated version of it installed

Also Shadow, if you like i might possibly make up some long weapon sheets if you were considering implementing it ever

Posted Image

mouse240

Posted 02 January 2013 - 06:14 PM

I was reading back a few hundred pages and I noticed their was bows in the works, what happened to those? Any addons/additional mods that adds more bows?

Shadowclaimer
  • Minecraft: Shadowclaimer

Posted 02 January 2013 - 07:09 PM

View Postmouse240, on 02 January 2013 - 06:14 PM, said:

I was reading back a few hundred pages and I noticed their was bows in the works, what happened to those? Any addons/additional mods that adds more bows?

Bows are on the backburner for the time being, we're working on some other things at the moment with the core mod before we step back into them.

View PostRhinoKneel, on 02 January 2013 - 05:40 PM, said:

Anyone else suddenly having issues with the Balkon's addon? Havent changed anything for them but they arent in my ids anymore even with the updated version of it installed

Also Shadow, if you like i might possibly make up some long weapon sheets if you were considering implementing it ever

How does he implement them exactly? Is it a sprite thing?
Designer/Artist on Metallurgy, Aquaculture, and Atum
Follow me on Twitter for Updates and Streams: http://twitter.com/Shadowclaimer

Cybus
    Cybus

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 185 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 08:06 PM

is this compatible with extrabiomes xl?
Posted Image

arthahar
    arthahar

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 550 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 08:21 PM

Work fine with ExtrabiomesXL

Paranoidium

Posted 02 January 2013 - 08:30 PM

View PostNitroKitteh, on 02 January 2013 - 03:49 PM, said:

Is there a possibility of better armor textures?I mean the armor items look epicly awesome, but when you put them on...eeeeeh..meh.
I was so excited about getting my awesome armor an looking like a hell lord, but then i realised that it is the vanilla armor , but re-colored...
---Thanks!
If you look, the base metals have custom armor textures. It's a WIP. they'll be done eventually.

returnofgod

Posted 02 January 2013 - 10:15 PM

zorr im new on this if i had a world created the ores will appear on my world o i need to create a new one?¿

SMEZ1234
  • Minecraft: SMEZ1234

Posted 02 January 2013 - 10:20 PM

View Postreturnofgod, on 02 January 2013 - 10:15 PM, said:

zorr im new on this if i had a world created the ores will appear on my world o i need to create a new one?¿

If the mod adds world generation, like this does, then you need to either make a new world or generate new chunks.

Posted Image

returnofgod

Posted 02 January 2013 - 10:28 PM

that's a yes? :3

Waveshaper
  • Minecraft: Waveshaper

Posted 02 January 2013 - 11:00 PM

View Postreturnofgod, on 02 January 2013 - 10:28 PM, said:

that's a yes? :3

yes - every new chunk generated will include the new ores, in the existing one there will be no change.
Posted Image