• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

[1.6.4][Forge][SMP] Metallurgy - Putting the "Mine" back in "Minecraft"!

metallurgy ore mining tools 1.1 smp ssp terrain

• Please log in to reply
12313 replies to this topic

SaoDualBlade

Posted 26 November 2012 - 02:58 AM

Are copper ladders and the sort white blocks for anyone else? I just noticed that their icon is all white for me - but it's dropable / craftable. Hm.

Register or log in to remove.

harley9699

Posted 26 November 2012 - 03:05 AM

View PostSaoDualBlade, on 26 November 2012 - 02:58 AM, said:

Are copper ladders and the sort white blocks for anyone else? I just noticed that their icon is all white for me - but it's dropable / craftable. Hm.
Yes, believe they are currently textureless.

View PostAeraesoria, on 26 November 2012 - 02:22 AM, said:

Hmm should midasium dust mixed with another dust to create gold be shapeless? If it is... I can't check atm since i lack it and I don't feel like cheating any in in my current game.

Ning what dusts are you trying to mix? I hope your not trying to mix any pulverized metals from TE together with midasium dust, pulverized metals are a different dust type all together and will of course not work when mixing them together.
I didn't realize you could make gold---must have missed that one. What's the other dust?

Posted Image

RebelKeith
    RebelKeith

Diamond Miner

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 796 posts
  • Minecraft: RebelKeithy

Posted 26 November 2012 - 03:13 AM

View PostSaoDualBlade, on 26 November 2012 - 02:58 AM, said:

yeah, if you want to fix it yourself you can change the name of Deco.png to deco.png

Aeraesoria
  • Minecraft: Elessar_Elanesse

Posted 26 November 2012 - 03:25 AM

View Postharley9699, on 26 November 2012 - 03:05 AM, said:

Yes, believe they are currently textureless.

I didn't realize you could make gold---must have missed that one. What's the other dust?

any other metal dusts that are added by IC2 and Metallurgy appear to work just fine to mix Midasium to create gold. I use it all the time when ever I get a good amount of Midasium to get rid of the mass quantities of other dusts of fantasy, reg or nether metals I have in quantity.

Because even with good config settings... Gold ore is hard to come. Same with Iron for some reason and this of course is only when I don't have a quarry set up. Get myself into a mystcraft age which has all the ore symbols... usually 1 each... or if I am really feeling like risking it 2 symbols for each ore type. If I still don't get enough iron I convert the dark iron and deep iron... depending on the other ore quantity... usually Promethium beats the crap out of Ignatius since I have more of that than anything but usually it's dark iron and ignatius that I make my excess iron from since deep iron is rare to come by. But with the new generation changes it will likely be harder. Either way I'm still in the beginning stages in the new world I got set up. Needed one to gen Xycraft world stuff :P
Posted Image

Waveshaper
  • Minecraft: Waveshaper

Posted 26 November 2012 - 12:07 PM

Shadow or Keith, can you explain what changes you have done exactly to the ore-gen in 2.3.x?
Found out that setting a height-range/limit for an ore will break the balance way more than in previous versions. (Or even, it looks like ^^)

I used nearly the same settings as for my 1.4.2 configuration and now - not that I'm really unhappy with it :D - I'm suddenly able to find diamonds.
But I also nearly suffocate in gold, cause I have set both of them to only spawn from 0-32 - seems that this was a bit to much in 1.4.5. - at least if I compare it to the amount of copper & tin I've found (both set to 0-128) - I have round about two times more gold, than tin and nearly nothing on spare copper...

Is there any schematic to work with? I've planed to work out some configs for different setups - but without having a direct relation to vanilla, it's hard to find the right values.
Posted Image

Daemonshi

Posted 26 November 2012 - 01:20 PM

You can try this. Use the chart found on the http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Ore to see the distribution for vanilla ores. Then use the Metallurgy spreadsheet to compare their metals to the vanilla ores (print it out), and go through and edit the configs accordingly. With the new updates the configs make it easy, since each module's ore info is grouped together. I let the configs define the vanilla ores as well, b/c I have DivineRPG installed and that mod downgrades diamonds, so I moved them up a few levels. It's a bit of a pain, but back up your configs and you will only need to do it once. Until the next update, that is....

TheLordofNyrin

Posted 26 November 2012 - 01:36 PM

is there a way i can disable the overrides of vanilla textures and ore generation? the people who play on my server love the new metals and all their functionalities and how much this mod adds to the gameplay experience, but most people who play on my server don't like how diamonds can spawn everywhere and how your mod overrides thier texturepacks. =/

PMSF
    PMSF

Iron Miner

• Members
  • 271 posts
  • Minecraft: MmPMSFmM

Posted 26 November 2012 - 02:26 PM

View Postadelfoot59, on 25 November 2012 - 06:15 PM, said:

I have found a bug : there isn't texture on the new ladders :/ Is it normal ?
to be honest, yes this is normal. But they used to have textures in the previous version.
To eat or not to eat? What do you mean, question?
There's a parallel universe where I'm eating pizza. Unfortunately, we're not in that parallel universe.
AH! Du bist ein Schmetterling!
No pics, no clicks... VIDEO'S AIN'T PICS!

Daemonshi

Posted 26 November 2012 - 02:31 PM

View PostTheLordofNyrin, on 26 November 2012 - 01:36 PM, said:

is there a way i can disable the overrides of vanilla textures and ore generation? the people who play on my server love the new metals and all their functionalities and how much this mod adds to the gameplay experience, but most people who play on my server don't like how diamonds can spawn everywhere and how your mod overrides thier texturepacks. =/

Open the config for the core module and set all the vanilla ores to false. That will set vanilla ores back to their default generation settings; I have no idea how to reset the textures.

View PostPMSF, on 26 November 2012 - 02:26 PM, said:

to be honest, yes this is normal. But they used to have textures in the previous version.

The missing ladder textures is a bug, the fix is higher up on this page.

PMSF
    PMSF

Iron Miner

• Members
  • 271 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 02:37 PM

View PostWaveshaper, on 26 November 2012 - 12:07 PM, said:

Shadow or Keith, can you explain what changes you have done exactly to the ore-gen in 2.3.x?
Found out that setting a height-range/limit for an ore will break the balance way more than in previous versions. (Or even, it looks like ^^)

I used nearly the same settings as for my 1.4.2 configuration and now - not that I'm really unhappy with it Posted Image - I'm suddenly able to find diamonds.
But I also nearly suffocate in gold, cause I have set both of them to only spawn from 0-32 - seems that this was a bit to much in 1.4.5. - at least if I compare it to the amount of copper & tin I've found (both set to 0-128) - I have round about two times more gold, than tin and nearly nothing on spare copper...

Is there any schematic to work with? I've planed to work out some configs for different setups - but without having a direct relation to vanilla, it's hard to find the right values.
OK, time for a good old quote from the OP:

Changelog - 2.3
Balance
-Diamond Veins increased to 4 of 3
-Redstone Veins increased to 8 of 6
-Tin Veins increased to 10 of 7
-Gold Veins increased to 4 of 5
-Lapis Lazuli Veins increased to 5 of 4

There's a parallel universe where I'm eating pizza. Unfortunately, we're not in that parallel universe.

PMSF
    PMSF

Iron Miner

• Members
  • 271 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 02:48 PM

I got this little request:
Could you replace the bars in dungeon loot with dust?

Seodanrot
  • Minecraft: Smrots

Posted 26 November 2012 - 03:24 PM

I said this on your twitter as I am going to say here is conflicts with Buildcraft 3 and the forestry addon to it because of the tin, copper ore and bronze usage. Two it conflicts with twilight forest because Aredrite bar shares the item ID as the leafiron hoe and leafiron axe in twilight forest... If you can fix these it would be awesome as I love these mods however I would have to give up both of them just to play this one.. :(

Verrani
    Verrani

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 03:39 PM

I installed the mod like explained in the video.
but it freezes on loading screen.
does anyone knows what i did wrong?

Posted Image

Waveshaper
  • Minecraft: Waveshaper

Posted 26 November 2012 - 04:29 PM

View PostPMSF, on 26 November 2012 - 02:37 PM, said:

OK, time for a good old quote from the OP:

Changelog - 2.3
Balance
-Diamond Veins increased to 4 of 3
-Redstone Veins increased to 8 of 6
-Tin Veins increased to 10 of 7
-Gold Veins increased to 4 of 5
-Lapis Lazuli Veins increased to 5 of 4

Thx - but that's nothing I don't know by myself.
I'm following the development oft the mod for a couple of month now.

What I was asking for, are that exact changes of the generation itself.
Even if you use the vanilla-values and set it in the M2-configs, there is no vanilla spawning-behaviour coming out.
At least the changes of the spawn-heights to 128 makes it hard to compare this way.

But I'm sure Shadow have some 'key'-algorithm to compare his values with the original one.
With this you can work out formulas like: "If you raise the veins one point, you'll end around vanilla +20%"

That's from the MC-Wiki:

Iron occurs only at or below sea level (layers 1-64). It is found in approximately 0.72% of stone from rows 2-61. On average, there are 84 iron ores per chunk.

If I take the M2 values than I have 10 veins à 7 blocks in average - say ~70 blocks per chunk generated over 128 layers. But for standard terrain, there are only ~70 layers in which ore can spawn, so you'll end up with ~40 blocks by using Metallurgy. Lower the spawn-height to 64 will let you end up with approximately the same amount as in Vanilla...
But what I'am looking for is a 'master-key' - how the spawnrates were 'converted' to make the translation easier.
Posted Image

jthe111
    jthe111

Zombie Killer

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 232 posts
  • Minecraft: twilightking

Posted 26 November 2012 - 04:37 PM

Hey all I'm starting a mod review series and I decided that this mod will be the first one I will review
The video is the link below and i would appreciate some views and subs if possible. Also ShadowClaimer, think you might be able to use this as you main page mod review?
thanks Posted Image

Paranoidium

Posted 26 November 2012 - 05:18 PM

View PostWaveshaper, on 26 November 2012 - 04:29 PM, said:

But what I'am looking for is a 'master-key' - how the spawnrates were 'converted' to make the translation easier.
I honestly think Shadowclaimer just played with numbers till he found what he liked haha.

Kovkk
    Kovkk

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 05:33 PM

I installed the mod like explained in the video.
but it freezes on loading screen.

does anyone knows what i did wrong?
I'm having the same issue, I think its something to do with forge though.

jthe111
    jthe111

Zombie Killer

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 232 posts
  • Minecraft: twilightking

Posted 26 November 2012 - 05:38 PM

View PostKovkk, on 26 November 2012 - 05:33 PM, said:

Try using multiMC and installing that way, there are no issues on my end with that also make sure you are running the latest version of forge. the one provided doesn't like 1.4.5

Daemonshi

Posted 26 November 2012 - 06:44 PM

View PostSeodanrot, on 26 November 2012 - 03:24 PM, said:

I said this on your twitter as I am going to say here is conflicts with Buildcraft 3 and the forestry addon to it because of the tin, copper ore and bronze usage. Two it conflicts with twilight forest because Aredrite bar shares the item ID as the leafiron hoe and leafiron axe in twilight forest... If you can fix these it would be awesome as I love these mods however I would have to give up both of them just to play this one.. Posted Image

These are easy fixes. You should disable (set to false) the bronze crafting and copper & tin generation in the Forestry config file. For the Twilight Forest id conflicts, you can change those ids in either mod by editing their config files. If you are using a lot of mods like I am, I suggest recording all the id's in a spreadsheet and just remapping each mod's ids however you like. Note if you edit the ids for BC or Forestry you might want to double-check the two references in the Forestry config that map to the BC engine & pipe and ensure those are still the right ids.

Aeraesoria
  • Minecraft: Elessar_Elanesse

Posted 26 November 2012 - 07:09 PM

View PostKovkk, on 26 November 2012 - 05:33 PM, said:

For those of you having the issue of minecraft stopping at the screen when updating or what not. delete your bin folder. Start minecraft and let it download again. Now go into the bin folder and open up the minecraft.jar with winrar or winzip or 7-zip, delete the META-INF file. After that grab the latest stable working forge and drop it's contents into the opened .jar folder in the zip program you have open. You should no longer get that issue after that supposedly assuming you didn't do anything else to alter the default install.
Posted Image