• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

Redstone Archery Range

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Poll: Redstone Archery Range (12 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you want the world save?

1. Yes! You rock my world! (11 votes [91.67%])

Percentage of vote: 91.67%

2. pfft seen it before :( (1 votes [8.33%])

Percentage of vote: 8.33%

3. NO THAT IS HORRID!! (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

Symb
    Symb

Stone Miner

• Members
  • 72 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 04:43 AM

So I had the idea to make an archery range out of redstone logic gates and minecarts, boats, picture frames, and pistons. So far I have 12 different targets with varying difficulty. When you win it will reward you with an item according to the difficulty that you have chosen.  My archery range is easily expandable (the only caveat is the distance an arrow can travel for how many targets you can add).  I would like to provide the world download but it is currently on my "LAN" server (and some of the other creations do not belong to me).  I will try to prune out the rest of the world and switch it to single player and post the map somewhere (will do if I get enough replies).
ALL of the minecarts are moving and they required tedious timing to get the circuit to tell if they are destroyed or not.  When they are destroyed a note block plays.

Map save is now HERE!
other creations in this world:
conect four
redstone castle
and my "dreamworld" making a post about it soon but you can find it by following the signs and completing the puzzles

If I get enough responses to this I will post tutorials for my creations.

TLDR:
I made an archery range Pics below
Posted Image

Difficulties
Posted Image

Posted Image

Green = RS Nor, Pink = Reset line, yellow = expanded AND gate
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Works with boats too!
Posted Image

Posted Image

Reward System
Posted Image

Register or log in to remove.

headshotjackeroo
  • Minecraft: headshotjackeroo

Posted 27 October 2011 - 07:31 AM

Wow, looks pretty cool :) me and my clan made an archery range where targets pop out with pistons and you have to shoot them and also some other nice little smidgens but I would love a copy of the map to see the redstone and have a go with it :P
Posted Image

KillbotExtreme_
  • Minecraft: KillbotExtreme

Posted 27 October 2011 - 07:59 AM

Looks pretty fun, I'd love to give it a go. I've gotten quite good at sniping mobs from long distances. Hopefully I can do it on expert in a few goes :S

Symb
    Symb

Stone Miner

• Members
  • 72 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 12:26 PM

Map is on the way... Just have to prune out the rest of my world and set to single player with MCedit.

Symb
    Symb

Stone Miner

• Members
  • 72 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 02:42 AM

I just uploaded the map. If you play it post your scores! please tell me any improvements I can make to the system.

Symb
    Symb

Stone Miner

• Members
  • 72 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 10:10 AM

Has anybody tried the map? I would like to get some feedback or get some ideas for improvement.

TNTQc
    TNTQc

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 516 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 02:00 AM

Is there a range distance limit to your system?? I have systems with pressure plates and arrows, but the problem is that they are too far to be activated. I'm wondering what could I do instead of bringing the player closer to the system?