• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

Monthly Fee?

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

PhoenixBrave

Posted 07 November 2010 - 04:53 PM

Ok, so I believe my mom is still afraid that there may be a monthly fee if I purchase this game.
I have told her twice that there is/and never well be a monthly fee, but I think she still doesnt believe me. So thats why im here to ask, can you get my mom to believe this game doesn't have a monthly fee? Really I want to play this game, it looks amazing! But I cant do that unless my mom gives up just 12 dollars.

Please and thank you!
Posted Image

Register or log in to remove.

wretchedone

Posted 07 November 2010 - 04:57 PM

The fact that you must consent to your mom upsets me. But I love notch so just let her see things into the site.

RUNESCAPE DOES THAT TO YOU.

MrEfrobel

Posted 07 November 2010 - 04:58 PM

on the site it says one time fee or whatever
Posted Image

PhoenixBrave

Posted 07 November 2010 - 04:59 PM

@ Wretch That really helped... I guess...

And plus, im not old enough to get a job, so all my money comes from my parents which are afraid of monthly fees...
Posted Image

caHarkness
  • Minecraft: caHarkness

Posted 07 November 2010 - 04:59 PM

The game only requires a one-time fee of 13.00~ USD, but if you or your mom feels unsafe using a credit card, may I recommend using an American Express gift card?
csurvival.no-ip.org Classic Survival Online

RyAnimator

Posted 07 November 2010 - 05:00 PM

There are no plans to introduce a monthly fee. The game is currently in development and is being sold at half price because of this. When it is completed, it will be twice what it is now, but aside from that there is no planned price increase.

In closing, there is no monthly fee, nor weekly fee, nor yearly fee, only a one time payment.
Kill to eat. Eat to live. Die.

PhoenixBrave

Posted 07 November 2010 - 05:01 PM

Alright, ill get my mom to look at this.

Hopfully she well buy the game.
Posted Image

srook2
    srook2

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 218 posts

Posted 07 November 2010 - 05:03 PM

If your mother is worried about recurring charges on her credit card, tell her that if she pays for the game through PayPal there's no chance of being charged more than once.

If she's worried about buying a game that you will then not be able to play because of a monthly fee, all you have to do is show her this page.  That explains that there is a one-time charge for the game, and that's all you pay, ever.
"Creation which cannot express itself becomes madness." -Anais Nin

Dertdood said:

Pfft. Bear wrestling. Creeper wrestling is a man's sport!

triggerfin
    triggerfin

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 965 posts
  • Minecraft: Tfin

Posted 07 November 2010 - 05:05 PM

When you attempt to buy the game, you reach a page that tells you:

Purchase now!

When Minecraft is finished, it will sell for €20.00.
If you pre-purchase now during alpha, you pay just €9.95!
The price will go up at beta.

Please note that when you buy the game, you're paying for the game as it is right now!
You will receive any and all future updates for free as a bonus. Read the copyright information for more information.

Here's what you get:

* You never have to pay again!
      You get all future versions of the game, including all expansions and addons.
    * You help fund the development of Minecraft
    * Custom skins in multiplayer
    * Once you've bought the game, it's yours. No DRM.
    * Survival mode!

Fan Metric: Franc Time!

Pincky
    Pincky

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 199 posts

Posted 07 November 2010 - 05:06 PM

I actually wouldn´t mind if there was a fee, say maybe a yearly fee of 13 Dollars? That way Notch can continue developing the game, when someday everyone already bought it. Or maybe some premium account thingy. But not to confuse your mum, there is no monthly fee.

howdanrocks

Posted 07 November 2010 - 05:08 PM

I dont know if this will help but...

Yea, you only pay for Minecraft once. You are not billed every month, every year, nothing like that. Its a one time purchase, you buy the game, you have the game forever.
Give me an internet if you think I deserve one. =)
Posted Image

PhoenixBrave

Posted 07 November 2010 - 05:11 PM

*You never have to pay again!

Thats where the problem comes in. She thinks the monthly fee is hidden like ringtones.
EX:

Buy a ringtone for free!

Buying this ringtone well add 10$ to your monthly pay.

Posted Image

SWEETNESS_IB
  • Minecraft: SWEETNESS_IB

Posted 07 November 2010 - 05:14 PM

I have bought Alpha with MY OWN money, and I never had/will have to pay again.
Posted Image

Hesstergon said:

anyone who answered no is ethier a liar or chuck norris

Icychocobo

Posted 07 November 2010 - 05:16 PM

PhoenixBrave said:

*You never have to pay again!

Thats where the problem comes in. She thinks the monthly fee is hidden like ringtones.
EX:

Buy a ringtone for free!

Buying this ringtone well add 10$ to your monthly pay.

No monthly fees. Period.

I own the game as well. Take it from two fellas on a forum devoted to the game.

The_Pastmaster
  • Minecraft: The_Pastmaster

Posted 07 November 2010 - 05:18 PM

Notch isn't that big of a dick. Hell, I think it's too elaborate for him even if he wanted to. Just show her this thread of us all snickering at her ^_^
Venit, quessit, induravit.

If you have any questions feel free to drop me a PM, it's what I'm here for. :)

PhoenixBrave

Posted 07 November 2010 - 05:20 PM

Alright, I think its time to show her all the proof I have.

Hopefully she well buy it today.... ^_^
Posted Image

Icychocobo

Posted 07 November 2010 - 05:20 PM

The_Pastmaster said:

Notch isn't that big of a dick. Hell, I think it's too elaborate for him even if he wanted to. Just show her this thread of us all snickering at her :Notch:

For the record, I was not involved in said snickering. The Sheep was.

^_^

Turd Ferguson

Posted 07 November 2010 - 05:30 PM

Just to throw my opinion in, I have more proof. No monthly fees was probably part of why a bunch of people bought an UNFINISHED game. We get updates for free.
Stabby Stabby, Slicey Slicey.

JohnTheRipper

Posted 07 November 2010 - 06:03 PM

It's safe. Email notch directly if she is THAT paranoid. I bought it with a debit card- no monthly fee as far as I've seen :SSSS:. It's simply only $15 because it's a buggy in development version. He has over 500,000 people who bought the game, and it's purchase through paypal. Paypal= good.
i7-3770K @ 4.5GHz, Hyper 212 Evo, 16GB 1600MHz RAM, Z77X-UD5H, GTX 670 OC, 256GB 840 Pro, 2TB + 500GB HDDs, Fractal R4, HX750 (with bonus fan noise), Dell U2713HM.

Please read the rules!
Global | Discussion | MnM | Other Platforms | Servers | Support | SyC | Off Topic
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.” — Albert Einstein
"Never try to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and it annoys the pig." — Robert Heinlein

Posted Image

iPlay2Build
  • Minecraft: iPlay2Build

Posted 07 November 2010 - 06:07 PM

battlekid said:

It's safe. Email notch directly if she is THAT paranoid. I bought it with a debit card- no monthly fee as far as I've seen :). It's simply only $15 because it's a buggy in development version. He has over 500,000 people who bought the game, and it's purchase through paypal. Paypal= good.
Paypal=bad they took Notches money away
Good minecraft server:
none atm.