Server Address: Killion.EvolutionGaming.org
The Number One and Fastest Growing Prison Server!
1st Server Spotlighted Officially by the Minecraft Community Forums! Click to view video.
Slots Currently Filled:
Killion Detention Center is a prison based around working and building your way to the top. Once a prisoner has proven themselves capable of living a decent life outside of prison bars, they may set themselves free. In the meantime, it is suggested that prisoners make alliances with fellow inmates along the way. While the guards are away, the prisoners will play - always watch your back.
We are the only prison to offer a both PvP and non-PvP experience with two prisons. If you would like like to opt out of the PvP you can simply visit our second prison: Starzy's Penitentiary. It is available to our voters and donors. Or stay at Killion Detention Center and fight your way to the top.The server is run on a dedicated, high speed server, with frequent backups and a 24/7 uptime. We currently have 275 slots avaliable with no current reserve slot system, it is first come first serve. As our server expands we will try and add as many slots as possible making sure there is always enough room for everyone.
Starting rank. Now you learn the trials of hard work and dedication. Take your axe to the tree farm or your pickaxe to the mine and earn your keep.
Cost: $10,000 - You're off to a new section of the prison. Nice, isn't it? Don't get too comfortable just yet. Get back to work and you'll be in for a little surprise in the mine-shafts with two new quarries and more protection while you work.
Cost: $35,000 - Now we're moving up in class. A new quarry, a place to kill creatures, more ways to make money, and higher security.
Cost: $65,000 - The most secure sector in the prison, you no longer have to watch your back. While having this new found freedom you can continue mining, slaughter pigs, or become a farmer and harvest cactus. Private working areas and more items at the warden shop are sure to keep you happy.
Cost: $100k- You're free! Finally after a tedious life behind prison bars, you may escape and live your life of luxury. Free Citizen's may visit the prisoner's any time they want, but must always follow prison rules during the visitations.
Cost: $365k - Premium Cost: $300k - This is the first rank of our prestige system. When you start prestige you will be sent to a separate prison and start fresh. This block features cells, banks, shops, a mine, and a tree farm. PvP is enabled throughout the entire block. Mob spawning is enabled in all areas.
Cost: 448 Emerald Blocks - Premium Cost: 340 Emerald Blocks - This block features cells, banks, shops, 2 mines, and a tree farm. PvP is enabled throughout the entire block. Mob spawning is enabled in all areas. Environmental damage is also enabled.
Cost: 896 Emerald Blocks - Premium Cost: 680 Emerald Blocks - This block features cells, banks, shops, 2 mines, a small farming area, and a tree farm. PvP is enabled throughout the entire block. Mob spawning is enabled in all areas.
Cost: 2,275 Emerald Blocks - Premium Cost: 1,705 Emerald Blocks - This is the final rank of the server at the moment. This rank allows you to access features that other Free members cannot.
Patrol area: C Block - Must be approved by Warden | Play-time to promotion: N/A - You offer security and peace-of-mind to the prisoners. You keep the riots down and keep the prison a safe place. You need to prove yourself worthy to your wardens and fellow guards.
Patrol area: C Block, B Block & Courtyard | Play-time to promotion: 15 hours | Retire to: B-Prisoner - To gain this promotion you must be a guard for at least 3 days and have no strikes against you. Access to Bow and Arrow kit.
Patrol area: C Block, B Block, A Block & Courtyard | Play-time to Promotion: 7 days | Retire to: A-Prisoner - To gain this promotion you must be a guard for at least 1 week and have no strikes against you.
- Sr Guard:
Patrol area: C Block, B Block, A Block, Courtyard, & Freeville | Play-time to promotion: N/A | Retire to: Elite/Free - To gain this promotion you must be a guard for at least 2 week and have no strikes against you, and have a community vote. Access to ban commands.
The moderators assist the Wardens by keeping the chat clean, assisting new players, and answering questions. More information about the duties of this rank are available lower in this post.
A very sought after position that only the best can achieve. - A warden runs the show. All decisions about the prison are decided upon by the Wardens. They are very strict and enforce rules more than others, but also have their fun and helpful sides too. (Warden assumes the position of OP on the server and thus holds much responsibility)
- Sr Warden:
This rank cannot be obtained. This is reserved for the two server owners.
- Premium (Donor):
This rank is earned by supporting our server. Premium users have access to a new block with exclusive farms and a mineral rich mine. Premium users make a lot more money than any other block. For more information check out our shop page here: Click Me!
Promotions are not guaranteed, the Senior Wardens always have the final call.
- No hacked clients
- No mods/3rd party programs
- No transparent texture packs
- No spamming
- No cussing
- No advertising
- No harassment
- No prison griefing or major griefing
- No exploiting, bugs, glitches, or loopholes.
- No lava griefing bases, players, or otherwise.
- No using flint & steel to grief bases, players, or otherwise.
- No buying premium items/services with in-game currency - Will result in a ban for the buyer and seller. (Excluding Mob Eggs. The buying/selling of Mob Eggs IS allowed.)
- No Weapons! - If a guard sees you with a weapon, you have 5 seconds to hand it over or you will risk death or jail.
- No PvP abuse! - Hitting from a Non-PvP area, running into a Non-PvP area while tagged, and pushing someone out of a non-PvP area will get you jailed.
- No Camping! - Camping player spawn and/or other Non-PvP areas will get you jailed.
- Contraband is not allowed - to view the items please see the display in the C Spawn Room.
- No dropping sand or gravel on prisoners - Will result in a 3 day ban.
- No using potions in Non-PvP areas - Will result in a 3 day ban.
- If a contraband item is seen, order the prisoner to give it over. If the prisoner does not comply after a 5 second countdown - Jail if in non-PvP - Kill if in PvP. If a player runs, jail them, this includes running from non-PvP to PvP, courtyard plots, cells, and other blocks.
- If a Prisoner is purposely "trolling" you by pulling out multiple swords in a row - ask for them. Instead of counting down a fourth time you may jail for 10 minutes. Prisoners should not be jailed for complying to hand over "all swords".
- If two players are playing keep-a-way with the swords (trading the swords back and forth) count down for both of them and if they do not give it up jail or kill them both depending on the area.
- Contraband is allowed inside player owned plots and cells, however if a player steps outside their plot or cell with the contraband ask the prisoner to hand it over in accordance to the first contraband rule. Contraband is also allowed in NON-PVP areas outside of Mob Farms such as in A Block. However it is not allowed in the A Block PVP Area or in the Pumpkin Farm.
- Special case: When there is 2 guards or less on contraband in a PvP area is KOS (Kill on Sight). Once a 3rd guard joins the server the normal rule set applies.
- You are allowed to kill anyone who attacks you or another prisoner. If a prisoner is being attacked but does not fight back, do not kill the victim unless he/she fights.
- If a prisoner hits you or anyone else and runs into a NON-PVP area, you cannot attack them when they leave unless you tagged them before they entered. This "tag" lasts for 5 minutes.
- If a player is camping jail them immediately.
- If a prisoner is hitting from a NON-PVP zone into a PVP Zone jail them immediately. If a prisoner is harming other prisoners in a NON-PVP zone jail them immediately if this continues contact a Warden or post evidence on the thread.
- If a player is pushing a player into a PVP zone or to their death jail them immediately.
- Standard jail time is: 10 minutes first offense, 15 minutes thereafter.
- Use /kit guard for your armor, /kit food for food and /kit potions for potions. Use these cautiously as they have a time limit. You are not allowed to store or trade kits. When using /kit you must dispose of your previous kit entirely. Otherwise you will be demoted back to C-Prisoner Rank. No exceptions!
- Jail players with /jail name time reason. Time is in minutes. Jail players for spawn killing, camping, PvP abusing, & griefing tree farm. (10 minutes first offense, 15 minutes thereafter.)
- Do not jail players for infinite amounts of time. If the jail timer is working incorrectly keep track of jail times and manually unjail your prisoners.
- Under no circumstance is a guard allowed to unjail their alternative account. If you believe you were jailed wrongly, get proof and report the guard. Any guards caught unjailing themselves will be immediately demoted without questioning.
- Guards must remain respectful. No cursing at players, no calling players names. If you need to rant or vent about a situation - use guard chat.
- Do not use any 3rd party programs, modified clients, or hacks of any sort.
- Respect all players.
Here at Killion Detention Center the Senior Wardens have a few requirements you must meet before your application will be accepted.
- Have experience on prison servers
- Know and understand all of the server rules
- Be mature and fair
- Be a part of the community for at least 3 days.
- Not have any negative actions against your account IE mutes, bans, ect
- Asking to check your application or asking when we will check applications more than twice in-game will result in a denial.
- Understand that you will need to join the guard clan and must leave any other clans that you may have and empty your bank chest of any and all items, understand that when you stop being a guard your chest will be emptied again.
- Unless otherwise posted, when you make an application it will automatically be pending. This means that your application will be open until we need guards, deny the application, or accept the application. Understand that we do try our best to read every application and usually do, however we like to watch people ingame and see if they will be a good guard before accepting them.
In-game Name: How old are you? What is your timezone(GMT)? What time can you guard? (Ex: 1PM-4PM)? How long have you played on Killion?: What is your current rank (Block)? Do you have experience with prison servers?: Do you have experience guarding?: Have you read ALL of the server rules, both guard and prisoner?: What makes you the best guard applicant?:
Moderators are allowed to play the game like normal and do not have to join a particular clan but are expected to remain neutral in any arguments and un-bias based on person, clan, or any other conditions. They are expected to remain respectful of all players in global chat and in clan chat. They are also expected to monitor chat while they are online and assist anyone who needs it to the best of their abilities. Below are a few general guidelines on punishments to use if needed:
Offenses to mute for:
- Minor chat spam (Multi-line words)
- Excessive cursing (Continuous over-use of cussing. Multiple words in one sentence, multiple sentences, etc.)
- Excessive caps lock. (Entire sentences, 80% of a sentence, multiple sentences, etc.)
- Speaking about other servers
- Guard/Warden/Sr Warden disrespect
- Player/Staff harassment (Also report the harassment to a Warden)
- Major chat spam - Permanent ban
- Racism - 3 hour ban first offense, 3 day ban second offense, permanent ban for third
- Advertising - Permanent ban
Moderators are players who's role is to assist the Wardens and Sr-Wardens with any questions that the players may have about the server as well as dealing with chat spam. Their abilities are limited to mutes and bans for the most serious offenses, for information on how to administer bans see below. The requirements for Mod are as follows:
- Be mature and fair
- Know and understand all of the server rules.
- Know and understand the plugin commands and be able to assist players with plugins such as setting up protection or ranking up.
- Be a part of the community for at least 3 weeks.
- You must be the rank of: Free
- Not have any negative actions against your account IE mutes, bans, ect
- Asking to check your application or asking when we will check applications in-game will result in a denial.
- Unless otherwise posted, when you make an application it will automatically be pending. This means that your application will be open until we need moderators, deny the application, or accept the application. Understand that we do try our best to read every application and usually do, however we like to watch people in-game and see if they will be a good moderator before accepting them.
In-game Name: In-game Rank: Age: Timezone: How long have you played on Killion?: Have you ever been muted or banned?: If so, why and for how long?: Why do you believe you?re suitable for the Moderation role?: Extra Information:
Voting for us will add $1,500 automatically to your in-game account. Make sure the server is online before voting or you will not get your reward. If you are just joining the server make sure to vote after logging into the server for the first time to get a head start! (Note: If one of the websites is experiencing problems, you may only be rewarded for one site. This is not something we can correct, we need to be patient and wait for the site.)
Starzy's Penitentiary (StarPen) is the second Prison located on our map. It is a completely PvP-Free Prison that allows for people to have an uninterrupted prison experience. The population in this prison is much lower than Killion Detention Center thus giving you an even better chance at finding those precious diamonds. Also, located in the middle of StarPen are multiple slot machines to satisfy your gambling addictions.
Curious on how to access StarPen? Just follow these few steps:
- Vote on at least one of the websites listed above
- Have $2,000 on hand
- Visit your local spawn room and find a sign that says [Warp] StarPen
- Cussing will result in a 10 minute mute
- The use of any derogatory or offensive word will be a 10 minute mute, 3 hour mutes for every offense after that
This will take some getting used to and some of you may not like it, but I strongly believe that the Killion community will benefit greatly from this decision in the long run.
In case some of you don't already know this, let me make it extremely clear..
Buying premium items/services with in-game currency is NOT ALLOWED AND WILL RESULT IN A BAN FOR THE BUYER AND THE SELLER. (Excluding Mob Eggs. The buying/selling of Mob Eggs IS allowed.)
Selling in-game items for RL currency is NOT ALLOWED AND WILL RESULT IN A BAN FOR THE BUYER AND THE SELLER.
This is not a new rule, it has always been in place, and yet each person who has been banned for it has made a scene here on the thread.
With how much some of you stalk this thread, your excuse of "zomg I didn't know" doesn't count for anything anymore.
Prisoner Transfer Program and Recruitment Contest:
Now is the time to grab your friends and come play on the server. We are planning additions to the server that will test your creative abilities, survival abilities, and lots of team skills.
Information about Transfers:
So until next week we will be accepting prisoner transfers, if you play on another prison server and decide to play here, we will take your rank from that other server and give you one rank below it. All you need is screenshot proof of your tag in-game on that server.
We are only accepting transfers from Convicted, Spartacus, and Dont Drop the Soap
For example: Free there = Elite here. Elite there = A here.
Please post your screenshot on this thread and then let a Warden know in-game. If you have any questions simply post here and we will get to it as soon as possible.
Information about Recruitment Contest:
We will be picking two people at random and give them both 1 week of donor status complete with a colored name. If you are already a Donor you have a choice of $15,000 ingame currency or a Ventrilo channel for the month.
All you have to do is have your buddy that you recruited send me a PM here on the forums with the Subject: Contest and send their Minecraft username, your Minecraft username, and the date they joined. This PM has to be sent before they login for the first time on Killion.
If you have been banned you can make an appeal or you can also purchase an "Account Unlock" at http://bit.ly/killion-shop Ban appeals must be done within 3 weeks of being banned any later than that will result in a automatic denial. To be considered for an un-ban please make an appeal following this format:
In-game Name: Who were you banned by? When were you banned? (Date and Approx time, use -5GMT) What was the ban reason? Do you admit fault? What was your current rank (Block)?: Why should you be unbanned? Any other information:
To be considered for an un-mute please make an appeal following this format:
In-game Name: Who were you muted by? When were you muted? (Date and Approx time, use -5GMT) What was the mute reason? Do you admit fault? What was your current rank (Block)?: Why should you be unmuted? Any other information:
Copy our logo into your signature!
[center][url="http://bit.ly/killion-sig"][img]http://i44.tinypic.com/69qc5u.png[/img] [color="#000000"]The Number One Prison Server! | Most Content | Two Prisons | Large Community | Frequent Updates | Click Here![/color][/url][/center]