hclewk
    hclewk

Tree Puncher

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 30 posts
  • Minecraft: hclewk

Posted 25 October 2011 - 05:47 PM

I made a custom TF2-style CTF plugin for Bukkit.
Classes are: Heavy, Soldier, Medic, Archer, and Pyro.

There are serveral maps available to play (players can vote on the next map), and games run 24/7.

Come join the fun today: mcctf.com

I have a website in the making exclusively for this CTF server at http://MinecraftCTF.com. Soon there will be stats, tutorials, etc there.

Capture the Flag 24/7 @ http://MinecraftCTF.com
Server IP: mcctf.com

Register or log in to remove.

hclewk
    hclewk

Tree Puncher

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 30 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 03:53 PM

Just thought of a new class: Engineer.

I've been wanting to make an Engineer for quite some time, but I hadn't been able to think of exactly how to implement it. I'll have more specifics soon, but basically an Engineer will be able to:

- Create Teleporters
- Create turrets (not automated - the engineer must control the turret)
- Create "Dispensers" which regen the player when stood on

LeafWolves
  • Minecraft: LeafWolf

Posted 26 October 2011 - 04:57 PM

This is awesome work. Keep up the good job!
I can write down here? ... I think so.
Posted Image

hclewk
    hclewk

Tree Puncher

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 30 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 02:20 PM

Last night I got the Engineer going - partially. You can now type /engineer to play as Engineer. You can place a turret and teleporters.

Equip the portal slot in your inventory and left-click a block to place a portal there. Once you place your second teleporter, any player can stand on either teleporter to be tp'd to the other.

Equip the dispenser slot in your inventory and left-click a block to place a turret there. Once your turret has been built, equip your wooden sword and swing to have the turret shoot arrows. The turret shoots arrows in the exact direction you are facing.

The engineer isn't quite done yet, though - more updates to come!

hclewk
    hclewk

Tree Puncher

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 30 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 06:50 PM

Engineer is still a work in progress. I am trying to make the engineer auto-shoot at the closes player if the engineer doesn't have his wood sword equipped. If the engineer does have his wood sword equipped, the engineer has manual control of the turret.

Today I also gave Archers headshots if they shoot someone from more than 25 blocks away.

EliteDeltaForce
  • Minecraft: EliteDeltaForce

Posted 29 October 2011 - 05:38 AM

Are we suppose to be white-listed onto the server?

I was playing earlier today on the server and I greatly enjoyed it, but then when I tried to re-login at a different time, it says I am not white-listed. I am just wondering whether this is a temporary or a permanent thing.

I greatly enjoy your server and wish to soon play on it again! :)

wolfboy2712

Posted 29 October 2011 - 05:53 AM

Could I be whitelisted? My name name ingame is wolfboy2712. I would LOVE to play this!!!!

DIXRAY
    DIXRAY

Carpenter

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 06:00 AM

whitelist me :)

cpms2121

multikillers

Posted 29 October 2011 - 08:21 PM

why are i banned from the server my name is multikillers

plzzz unbann me

Jsoccer1234

Posted 30 October 2011 - 03:06 AM

I'd like to be whitelisted please. The server looks awesome. Thanks

tzarmarko
  • Minecraft: tzarmarko

Posted 30 October 2011 - 03:18 AM

Can i be white-listed too?!
Posted Image

Kage_Uchu
  • Minecraft: gamertroy
  • Xbox:gamertroy7

Posted 30 October 2011 - 03:24 AM

ign: gamertroy

Posted Image

xFrozenLichx

Posted 30 October 2011 - 05:45 AM

ign:xFrozenLichx can i be whitelisted?

hclewk
    hclewk

Tree Puncher

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 30 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 01:30 AM

View PostxFrozenLichx, on 30 October 2011 - 05:45 AM, said:

ign:xFrozenLichx can i be whitelisted?

Hey guys, there is no white list - we were just working out a few bugs related to banning players, so we turned on the whitelist for a couple of hours. Anyone can now join at anytime.

Also, Engineer is fully functional and bug free. Here is the Engineer class info:

Armor/Weapons
Iron Helmet
Leather Chestplate
Leather Leggings
Iron Boots
Diamond Pickaxe
64 Arrows
(for turret)

Special Items
Wood Sword (Turret Control)
Portal (Teleportal Build)
Dispenser (Turret Build)
Cake (Regenerator Build)

Food
6 Steaks

Special Abilities
Compass - Points toward your own flag at all times (even when an enemy has it).
Build Teleporter - Left-click the ground with the portal in your hand to build a teleporter. Once two teleporters have been built, any of your teammates can step on either portal to be instantly teleported to the other. After each teleport, there is a 5 second cool-down period before anyone can use the teleporter again.
Build Turret - Left-click the ground with the dispenser in your hand to build a turret. Once your turret is built, you must put arrows inside for it to shoot. If you hold your wooden sword and swing it, your turret will shoot an arrow in the exact direction you are facing. If you are not holding your wooden sword, your turret will auto-aim and fire at the closest enemy.
Build Regenerator - Left-click the ground with the cake in your hand to build a regenerator. The regenerator will start with one cake slice and slowly add more slices until it is full. You and your team-mates can right-click the cake part of the regenerator to completely regenerate their class loadout and health as long as there is more than one cake-slice available. To destroy the regenerator, a player must destroy the glass block part of the regenerator, not the cake.

Twololcats
  • Minecraft: Twololcats

Posted 31 October 2011 - 02:33 AM

awesome server i love it
playing it right now! XD
one idea
once you have an surplus of vip classes (like 10 or sumthing) then if you have been on the server for a certain amount of time (like 10 hours TOTAL of playtime or sumthing like that) then you could have access to the old vip classes
That cheezburger? I ate it...twice

hclewk
    hclewk

Tree Puncher

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 30 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 05:48 PM

The plan is to allow players to accumulate points they can spend on VIP for a day, etc.

Spy is the next class I'll make, but I want to get a good stats system up and running before I tackle any more classes.

Eventually I want a Necromancer class who has a skeleton army, a druid who has a wolf army, and a Paladin who give surrounding players buffs.

Zaneus
    Zaneus

Diamond Miner

• Members
  • 857 posts
  • Minecraft: Zaneus

Posted 01 November 2011 - 12:47 AM

um is it up right now?
i45.tinypic.com/2l913wi.jpg[link]minecraftforum.net/topic/1333551-[/link]

hclewk
    hclewk

Tree Puncher

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 30 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 06:09 PM

View PostZaneus, on 01 November 2011 - 12:47 AM, said:

um is it up right now?

Yep. MCCTF.com

Twololcats
  • Minecraft: Twololcats

Posted 02 November 2011 - 03:21 AM

View Posthclewk, on 31 October 2011 - 05:48 PM, said:

The plan is to allow players to accumulate points they can spend on VIP for a day, etc.

Spy is the next class I'll make, but I want to get a good stats system up and running before I tackle any more classes.

Eventually I want a Necromancer class who has a skeleton army, a druid who has a wolf army, and a Paladin who give surrounding players buffs.
okay
i just had an idea like that where you got points by either killing people or capturing the flag
maybe capture the flag is 100 points and killing someone is like 10-50 (something like that) points
maybe heavies are worth the most points cuz they hardest to kill, and medics are lowest points because they are easiest to kill
and maybe like 1000 points is a free vip day
and the points are accumulative so you can take like a week to save up or something

also i had some ideas for new classes (which you kind of named already so heres suggestion on how to make them)

the spy could have a pumpkin and lapis and red dye and when sneaking and wearing the pumpkin at the same time the spy will be invisible (except for a small detail like eyes so someone CAN see them but not easily)
and if they right click with the lapis/red dye it will change their name color
and maybe have "disguises" were they have some (worn-out) armor sets to disguise themselves as a soldier/heavy/etc

i was going to say have a beastmaster that can summon certain mobs but you seem to have that already (Druid/necromancer/etc)

maybe have a wizard who has (very limited) flying abilities and can shoot ice orbs that freeze opponents(possibly by encasing them in ice or cobwebs)

another idea, the speed demon who can super sprint and shoot arrows the old fashioned way (as in rapid fire) (and the arrows would be maybe only half pullback power )

maybe an advanced archer who can create a small archer tower and basically has the elemental arrows mod (except without homing bow and explodo arrows and maybe a couple others)

anyways love the server and (whenever you feel like it) add new classes

id give the armor and items etc for you but A)i didnt figure that out B) ill let you decide(if you like the ideas)

why did it make my "B)" a face thing

and why is it linking my posts? (this is 3 posts total actually)

im trying to say B ) without a space but it makes this B) WHY!? XD
That cheezburger? I ate it...twice

hclewk
    hclewk

Tree Puncher

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 30 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 01:22 PM

Haha, yeah, it did the stupid post-linking thing to me a couple of days ago too.

Here's a broad priority list ->
1) Finish custom no-hacking plugin - hacking is getting _really_ annoying
2) Medics should only be able to place 5 cobweb total, and it should all be destroyed when they die.
3) Show Engineer help information in game
4) More Classes!