• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

failed to connect to the server. connection refused: connect

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

CCreddog10

Posted 25 October 2011 - 04:38 PM

i recently moved my minecraft server folder from my desktop to my actual server. since then, ive been getting that screen. im running windows home server 2011 on my server, which i turned off windows firewall. there isnt any errors in the minecraft server console when i have it up. ive tried putting in localhost, my local ip,and global ip. which all give me this same message. i looked through another topic here, which didnt help. anything i can do to fix this?

--CCreddog10

Register or log in to remove.

simo092i
    simo092i

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 18 posts
  • Minecraft: simo092i

Posted 25 October 2011 - 05:16 PM

maybe you can tell us what the error is?
Posted Image

CCreddog10

Posted 25 October 2011 - 05:21 PM

im unable to sign into my minecraft server. since i moved it from my desktop to my server, im getting that message. the server console loads fine and doesnt give and error messages or anything.

CCreddog10

Posted 25 October 2011 - 05:27 PM

which the error is "failed to connect to the server. connection refused: connect"

simo092i
    simo092i

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 18 posts
  • Minecraft: simo092i

Posted 26 October 2011 - 01:45 PM

View PostCCreddog10, on 25 October 2011 - 05:27 PM, said:

which the error is "failed to connect to the server. connection refused: connect"

ok please try add your port after your ip like serverip:port, if you know what i mean :) and you can pm me so we can try to figure this out together :)
Posted Image

AlphaRebel
  • Minecraft: AlphaRebel

Posted 26 October 2011 - 01:49 PM

I'm having the same problem.  My server use to work, though I can get on it by using localhost.  Using my IP gives me the same error message, that "Failed to connect to the server. Connection refused: connect" message.  The server console isn't displaying any errors when I try to connect to it.  I have added my port after the IP, but I get the same message, and the server console still doesn't display any problems.

gabemorningstar

Posted 21 February 2012 - 05:00 PM

no update on this topic? i am having the same problem.
Posted Image

lukinator70

Posted 04 June 2012 - 06:32 PM

me too

massivmac

Posted 11 July 2012 - 04:07 AM

I am having the same problem after i moved the server from an older computer to a new one.  I can't find a solution anywhere! :(  I am very sad because my server was doing very well, but i can only connect from the local host.  My server used to work fine on my old computer with the same settings, but now it doesn't work on my new computer nor my older one.  And as I said, I have no solution to be found!!!!!

RatChucker343

Posted 12 August 2012 - 03:17 PM

I've been searcing all day and have been getting the same problem as the others. Forwarding ports and stuff. WHAT DOES THAT MEAN? Fixing a port and whatever! Can someone make a video saying how to fix that? Please..?

Supreme3000
  • Minecraft: supreme3000

Posted 12 August 2012 - 04:29 PM

I have the same problem!