Posted 25 October 2011 - 01:43 PM

POPULAR

Posted Image

Wilderness

By Tommo

Current Version: 0.46

Compatible with: 1.0

What is Wilderness mod?
Wilderness is a new mod in development by Tommo emphasing and improving upon the theme of survival, hunting, and trapping. It will bring a new element into minecraft and hopefully stimulate some adventurous minds!
CREDITS TO PIEDUDEAUS, MINEMAPPER, WIPPER1799 AND FLAMINGARSE1 - and others! FOR THE VIDEOS <3
Spoiler:

Current features
Spikes
Spikes are a utility block in Wilderness mod to aid you in your aims of trapping. They will only do moderate damage if an animal or mob touches it. Spikes do not downgrade or destroy upon contact with a mob!
Posted Image
Posted Image

Deadly Trap
The Deadly Trap, hence the name, is a very deadly trap. It can only be triggered by an animal or a mob and will instantly kill the victim. The trap will then be triggered. An un-triggered deadly trap will drop if you destroy the triggered trap.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Blood
You can now splatter the blood of your victims!
WARNING: Blood will stay on the ground until you wash it off with water!

Posted Image
Posted Image

Pocket Knife
The pocket knife is currently only used for re-arming deadly traps which have been triggered, however many more uses will come for this item.
Posted Image

Trip wire
The trip wire can be triggered by any living creature(including you!) and will send a constant redstone signal. The block can be destroyed and re-placed. Later versions will only trigger rope.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Rope
Rope is the wilderness equivalent of redstone. At the moment rope has the exact same functionality as redstone and is just to give more of a 'wilderness' feel, however in later updated wilderness items will be limited to being only powered by rope.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Camouflage Floor
The camouflage floor is a very useful block, it has the same texture and biome colour as grass, however has a few holes in to signify it's not grass. In later updates this will be a useful utility to put around bait etc. It's crafted with 8 blocks of leaves. Camouflage blocks will destroy upon falling through them.

Posted Image
Posted Image

Campfire
The campfire can be thought of as the portable furnace, however, the campfire will only use wood (NOT PLANKS) as fuel. (wood duration as a fuel has been increased therefore.). A long as the campfire has fuel in it, it will always burn regardless of whether it has something to cook or not.

Posted Image
Posted Image

Mutton
Sheeps now drop mutton opon death, cook mutton for it to heal more.

Posted Image
Posted Image

Giant tree
Giant tree's will generate occasionally, these mighty tree's have trunks 4 blocks wide!

Bait Spike
The bait spike is a new block which has 9 slots which allow you to place bait inside to attract different animals. Bait attracts animals at a range similar to how far a zombie will detect you. Here is a list of bait for different animals:-

Cow - wheat and seeds.
Chicken - wheat and seeds.
Sheep - wheat and seeds.
Pig - cooked beef, chicken, pork and mutton.
Zombie - rotten flesh.
Skeleton - bones.
Creeper - gunpowder.
Spider/Cavespider - cooked pork.
Enderman - ender pearl.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Spike Fall
The spike fall is a block which drops 3-6 spikes when triggered by a redstone current. Each spike can do up to 2 DAMAGE to the PLAYER and ANY CREATURES.

Posted Image
Posted Image

Tomahawk
The tomahawk is a throwing weapon which does alot of damage upon impact.
WARNING: TOMAHAWK IS IN EARLY DEVELOPMENT AND IF NOT FINISHED - BUT WORKS.

Posted Image

Chute
The chute will attract items within an 8 block radius and will store them into an inventory which can be opened by right clicking the chute.

Posted Image
Posted Image

Berry bushes
Berry bushes spawn randomly in the world and come with either no berries, red berries or purple berries, when harvested with a POCKET KNIFE the bush will drop 6-12 of it's corresponding berries.

Posted Image

Berries
Berries are harvested from berry bushes by using a POCKET KNIFE, they heal 1 hunger each.

Posted Image

Beehives
Beehives will randomly spawn in a high tree in your world. When destroyed, beehives drop honeycombs, which can be eaten straight away or put on bread to heal alot more.
Bees will also come out of the beehive and will attack and poison you, so be careful!

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Automatic Breeding
Animals now breed together automatically, each animal can only produce up to 3 offspring to prevent overcrowding.
NOTE: Heart effects have been removed - hand breeding still works, you just wont see the hearts!

Updates
Spoiler:

Download & installation
Required: ModLoader
Required: MCForge
Download: http://adf.ly/41Hc5 (wait 5 seconds and click 'skip ad', also if you support my work feel free to click an ad if your feeling generous :)).
Download Mirror: http://adf.ly/42zLn

1.8.1 Download: http://adf.ly/3kY5N

Instructions: Download the Wilderness mod files from one of the download locations above, then open up your minecraft.jar file with winrar or 7zip, then drag and drop the files inside of your downloaded file into your minecraft.jar.

Known Compatible Mods
Spoiler:
(Please report compatibilities and incompatibilities so i can list them).

If you would like to contact me regarding anything to do with the Wilderness mod, add me on skype: iyf-tommo

P.S. If anyone would like to improve the textures in this mod, feel free to send me a pm with the link to the texture and If it's better i'll replace it. Thanks, oh and make sure it's 16x16.

Compatible Texture packs
Posted Image

Donate
I have put many, many hours of unpaid time into this mod, if you are feeling generous or would just like to help me out, feel free to click the link above and donate, thankyou.

CREDITS: Notch and the Mojang team, Me, flamingarse, ModLoader, MCForge, James Gosling, earth.. woah woah woah..wait a second... im getting carried away here.

Register or log in to remove.

JappeJJ
    JappeJJ

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 608 posts
  • Minecraft: Hekmawful

Posted 25 October 2011 - 01:46 PM

If this get's better it's gonna be a success.

Master666ZX

I like the blood. I hope it SCARS!! and I finally got a trap mod :D

Sirbrandino

Looks interesting, hoping there will be new content soon!
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Miki0110
  • Minecraft: miki0110

Woow animal traps here i come >:]
Posted Image

chrisAak
    chrisAak

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 01:47 PM

Looking forward to it!

dbl243
    dbl243

Obsidian Miner

• Members
  • 1209 posts
  • Minecraft: dbl243

Posted 25 October 2011 - 01:48 PM

Not enough stuff right now but when you add more stuff Ill download. Looks good.
What would YOU do for a Klondike Bar?

MineMapper
    MineMapper

Lapis Lazuli Collector

• Members
  • 1073 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 01:48 PM

You should make the droped items dont go so fast
http://www.minecraft...__fromsearch__1
click for delicious cookies

MrBlockman
  • Minecraft: MrBlockman_

Posted 25 October 2011 - 01:50 PM

Four irons to kill one mob... maby consider getting more spikes from four irons, like 16 or something...
If I helped you, help me back! Click the green +

Harris_K
    Harris_K

Ghast Hunter

• Members
  • 2568 posts
  • Minecraft: Harris_K

Posted 25 October 2011 - 01:51 PM

lol this looks epic
Posted Image

Host00die
  • Minecraft: Host00die

Epic buttrape incoming. <3
Host the Pirate
Addicted since Beta 1.5

Deadblade97
  • Minecraft: Deadblade97

More content would be awesome!
http://www.youtube.c...97?feature=mhee <- My channel on youtube :)

Posted Image

Welka1982
  • Minecraft: Welka

Posted 25 October 2011 - 01:53 PM

Awesome! I like it !  :Diamond:
Posted Image

DaGajaFly
  • Minecraft: DaGajaFly

Posted 25 October 2011 - 01:53 PM

i can see this being successful in the future

EDIT: Nice this just keeps getting better and better Don't give up on this

another EDIT: i really am starting to get attached to this
Posted Image

Somgosomgo

Posted 25 October 2011 - 01:56 PM

add something more like one way glass or cages!
Posted Image

BboyRapid
  • Location: Somewhere in a little country in the middle of Europe called Poland.
  • Minecraft: BboyRapid

Posted 25 October 2011 - 01:57 PM

Cool mod! It's true, that 4 irons are too many to kill one mob, but i think that a good idea would be to make a simple-crafting item, which would "repair" spikes and re-open deadly traps. Hope it's gonna be a success, good luck!

iamtommo

Posted 25 October 2011 - 01:59 PM

View PostFantatree, on 25 October 2011 - 01:50 PM, said:

Four irons to kill one mob... maby consider getting more spikes from four irons, like 16 or something...

The spikes don't get triggered, they last forever and are used to damage a mob rather than to trap it. A good example is some sort of pitfall where the pit has spikes at the bottom.

Thanks for all of the amazing comment guys, keep them coming! I will continue to bring out new content as fast as i can :)!

Next update: Probably baited traps where a certain food attracts a certain animal, and also add some support for the trap keeping the items which are dropped by its victim.

Sammo96
    Sammo96

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 16 posts
  • Minecraft: S4MM096

Posted 25 October 2011 - 02:08 PM

Great concept but could do with somemore ideas eg. tripwires, beartraps, snares etc
[url=http://www.minecraftforum.net/viewtopic.php?f=1032&t=311596]Posted Image[/url]

Deadblade97
  • Minecraft: Deadblade97

Posted 25 October 2011 - 03:10 PM

View Postiamtommo, on 25 October 2011 - 01:59 PM, said:

The spikes don't get triggered, they last forever and are used to damage a mob rather than to trap it. A good example is some sort of pitfall where the pit has spikes at the bottom.

Thanks for all of the amazing comment guys, keep them coming! I will continue to bring out new content as fast as i can :)!

Next update: Probably baited traps where a certain food attracts a certain animal, and also add some support for the trap keeping the items which are dropped by its victim.

you should add this information to main post
http://www.youtube.c...97?feature=mhee <- My channel on youtube :)

Posted Image

ucco
    ucco

Carpenter

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 03:14 PM

i'm gonna try this mod!
Posted Image