[16x—128x][1.4.5 Compatible] Okami Texture Pack

japanese cartoon anime fantasy cool nature drawing okami

• Please log in to reply
671 replies to this topic

postermahn

Posted 07 November 2010 - 04:32 AM

POPULAR

Posted Image

This is a Japanese Ukiyo-e style 128x128 texture pack based on the PS2/Wii video game Okami.
While this pack is nearly 100% complete, it's still a work in progress, hence the "Beta" status.

Please click any of the buttons below to download your preferred resolution of the current version:

Links Last Updated on December 6, 2012

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

You can run the HD textures without patching, but some of the blocks may appear to be on fire, while other blocks may look a little funky. On another note, HD Fonts won't be installed and forests will look like someone tried to destroy the area with pesticide.

Thankfully, Kahr's MCPatcher HD fixes this problem. The button below will take you to the download along with the installation tutorial on his thread. Another alternative is the Optifine HD Patcher which not only fixes HD textures, but tweaks your Minecraft to run faster!

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

This is a 5 hour timelapse of leather armor being created for this texture pack. Unfortunately, I found out in the process that combining motion tracking to the cursor and speeding the video up 60 fold results in a lot of shaking. Nevertheless, if you are interested in Photoshop/Digital art/Making your own texture pack, you may like waching this.

Soundmod Currently Out-of-Date
Spoiler:

If you like this texture pack, be sure to leave a comment, suggest ideas and give rep, Thanks!

Recent Updates and Thoughts
Spoiler:

Screenshots Click the previews to see them at full resolution.
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

The x128 terrain and items are available here so you guys don't have to re-download a 21MB zip every time I make a change. The images shown below are horrible quality web-optimized previews, please click them to open the full resolution image in your window.
Spoiler:

If you would like to support this texture pack, you may post this script into your signature:
[url=http://www.minecraftforum.net/viewtopic.php?f=1021&t=78725][img]http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2011/142/b/e/okami_texture_sig_by_quorong-d3gic2w.png[/img][/url]

Posted Image

Register or log in to remove.

Soulscribe

Posted 07 November 2010 - 04:49 AM

I give props, the cell shading artistic style looks very nice. Just wondering if it's possible for all the textures to have outlines like the blades of grass. Anyway, good job.
Posted Image

alecn1519
  • Minecraft: alecn1519

Posted 07 November 2010 - 04:55 AM

Oh this is sexy.  I liked Okami and can't wait for this TP to come out.

"We didn't want to go, we didn't want to kill them, but its persistent silence and outstretched arms horrified and comforted us at the same time..."

WackoMcGoose

Posted 07 November 2010 - 05:02 AM

Ooooooooooooooooh... Do want.

You know, there's another person on this forum who's also making a Japanese texture pack. Maybe the two of you could do a collab or something? Link to the thread in my sig.

Also, are you going to maybe try and do custom animated textures with the HD Texture Patcher? The fancy fire in the Nether screenshot would look even better animated. I'm not sure if this is out of your scope or not, but it's something to consider.
Paper Minecraft: Legend of the Music Discs... is on hiatus until I get a new high-end gaming laptop! Episode 2-4: watch?v=Lk4TjTnUJYU
Posted Image

postermahn

Posted 07 November 2010 - 05:08 AM

WackoMcGoose said:

Ooooooooooooooooh... Do want.

You know, there's another person on this forum who's also making a Japanese texture pack. Maybe the two of you could do a collab or something? Link to the thread in my sig.

Also, are you going to maybe try and do custom animated textures with the HD Texture Patcher? The fancy fire in the Nether screenshot would look even better animated. I'm not sure if this is out of your scope or not, but it's something to consider.

If I check off the "Animated Fire option" with xaus HD texture fix it replaces the fire I designed with the crappy original fire.

I'm not sure if there is specific file that I need to edit to control the fire the fire or if xaus fix is supposed to automatically animate it like the water and lava.

I will definitely check out what Nox is doing, although his ideas might be a bit different than mine.
Posted Image

Tanyip
    Tanyip

Carpenter

• Members
  • 63 posts
  • Minecraft: tanyip

Posted 07 November 2010 - 05:10 AM

How bright do the cherry blossoms get?

WackoMcGoose

Posted 07 November 2010 - 05:11 AM

Darn, I forgot the HD fix only does custom water and lava. Maybe custom fire could be added as an extra option to the program...
Paper Minecraft: Legend of the Music Discs... is on hiatus until I get a new high-end gaming laptop! Episode 2-4: watch?v=Lk4TjTnUJYU
Posted Image

wolfkun
    wolfkun

Iron Miner

• Members
  • 279 posts

Posted 07 November 2010 - 05:21 AM

I actually love this texture pack- how it looks so far.

I want to point out that you might want to edit the particles bit in the graphics as well.. so torches can have that mini fire effect as well.. though you're probably going to edit the GUI too anyways? Can't wait!

postermahn

Posted 07 November 2010 - 05:37 AM

Tanyip said:

How bright do the cherry blossoms get?

This is about as pink as they get in regular areas perhaps even more in jungle:

This pink

They then slowly turn from pink, to yellow, to this shade of green in tundras...

This green
Posted Image

nirvage
    nirvage

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 07 November 2010 - 07:39 AM

i cant wait for the date when you finish it

Hevy
    Hevy

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 07 November 2010 - 08:16 AM

The cel-shaded look seems to work out quite well, I'll definitely be watching for you to release this.

Chaoticevl

Posted 07 November 2010 - 10:45 AM

Posting for tacking purposes. Also looks nice will probably bounce between this and soulscribes one. Though I do have one minor issue, the tree leaves, at least in the pic you have, I think they could be a bit brighter, not florescent mind you just a tad brighter.

City Builder
  • Minecraft: CityBuilder

Posted 07 November 2010 - 10:55 AM

I really like the look of the blades of grass and the four leaf clovers, they have that comic book styling with the outlining.  I'd love to see everything have the same look.
Posted Image  Minecraft Schematics at: MCSchematics.com
-A community creating Minecraft (MCedit) Schematics .  Over 180,000 Members and thousands of schematics to download

postermahn

Posted 07 November 2010 - 11:26 AM

Chaoticevl said:

Posting for tacking purposes. Also looks nice will probably bounce between this and soulscribes one. Though I do have one minor issue, the tree leaves, at least in the pic you have, I think they could be a bit brighter, not florescent mind you just a tad brighter.

I agree, it will be updated.
Posted Image

Mojave
    Mojave

End Dweller

• Banned
  • 7159 posts
  • Minecraft: Koskenkorva

Posted 07 November 2010 - 11:30 AM

Wow! I really like that fire!

Posted Image
<Mojave> Here is the visual representation of my dick: * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * <Cuuldude> ^ My homework

toolz
    toolz

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 07 November 2010 - 12:07 PM

Wow, just wow. Very unique. Great job.

Silverlite

Posted 07 November 2010 - 12:47 PM

I love you so much. I can't wait to have this pack! ^-^

aegix drakan

Posted 07 November 2010 - 01:33 PM

oh WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW.

0_0  Amazing.

I think the pink trees need a bit less black in them....but aside from that this is 11/10 material.  Dammit, now I might have to replace my autumn based painterly pack..... XD
Enjoy written Let's Plays?  My blog for them is right here:
Posted Image

Ganstriker

Posted 07 November 2010 - 02:21 PM

Clover.

The BEST......

Good Texture i Liked

aegix drakan

Posted 07 November 2010 - 02:22 PM

Just curious:

Will there be new paintings?  (A painting of Ammy would make my day!)
Will the mobs get cel-shadified too?
Are you doing anything special with redstone/torches?  (maybe ink-trails for redstone?)
Will bacon be turned into riceballs/oranges?
What kind of record player are you making?
What does Glass look like?
What are you doing for steel doors?  (maybe a door with some kind of seal on it?)

Yes, I am very excited to see how this all turns out.  :)  It looks amazing so far.
Enjoy written Let's Plays?  My blog for them is right here:
Posted Image