• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

minecraft launcher crash

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

TheRanker

Posted 24 October 2011 - 04:17 AM

not after login screen.. actually before the login screen.. right when you click on minecraft.. it slows and dont respond and dont load up at all... if i get a pirated version it loads and i can play the game fine.. but the legimite version i cant run ... i have everything updated and even installed beta java.. just to see.. but no go.. unable to get it.. i get the launcher screen come up.. sometimes all black.. sometimes the un/pass shows up in corner but the update is not showing in the frame. and it just freezes like that.. sometimes i get the updates but only half and it freezes up .. i have no idea what to do with it since its just downloaded.. ive deleted all minecraft folders in appdata and everything and started fresh.. but still same thing.. no idea whats causing it... any help would be greatly appriecated... thanks :)

Register or log in to remove.

whutsurnaym
  • Minecraft: whutsurnaym

Posted 24 October 2011 - 04:19 AM

Try redownloading the minecraft.exe

Offense is taken, not given.

Deboi
    Deboi

Coal Miner

• Members
  • 136 posts
  • Minecraft: Deboi

Posted 24 October 2011 - 04:20 AM

Make sure you are clicking the right version when you install minecraft. When you hit the launcher, click options, force update and try that. Any more problems go into your app data, delete minecraft, start over. No other problem, and DONT use the pirated version of minecraft. (or atleast dont post about it on the official minecraft forums) but next time you post, please use step by step complete sentances, as the post you made was extremely difficult for me to read.
Posted Image

TheRanker

Posted 24 October 2011 - 04:31 PM

View PostDeboi, on 24 October 2011 - 04:20 AM, said:

Make sure you are clicking the right version when you install minecraft. When you hit the launcher, click options, force update and try that. Any more problems go into your app data, delete minecraft, start over. No other problem, and DONT use the pirated version of minecraft. (or atleast dont post about it on the official minecraft forums) but next time you post, please use step by step complete sentances, as the post you made was extremely difficult for me to read.

your seriously considering me to do force update? did you not read anything i said? it freezes before im even able to log in to the program. i cant get login screen and i cant clic kforce update cause it freezes soon as the program window comes up. and the pirated version runs fine. i just downloaded it to see what would work.

adventurekid511
  • Minecraft: adventurekid511

Posted 24 October 2011 - 04:42 PM

Ask for help at the staff help section, or just re-install minecraft
Check ur .bin for out of place or missing files
NO MAN LEFT TO SUFFER IN ETERNEL GLITCHINESS XD
Posted Image[SSSS]

TheRanker

Posted 24 October 2011 - 04:45 PM

View Postwhutsurnaym, on 24 October 2011 - 04:19 AM, said:

Try redownloading the minecraft.exe

ive downloaded about 6 copies of it.. :( same damn crap for each one. i dunno what is going on.. a pirated version of it works fine.. but the orginal which is the only way ill use the damn game dont work... but i paid for it therefor i want the updates and everything of the orginal. since i did pay for the bloody thing lol

TheRanker

Posted 25 October 2011 - 04:40 AM

View Postadventurekid511, on 24 October 2011 - 04:42 PM, said:

Ask for help at the staff help section, or just re-install minecraft
Check ur .bin for out of place or missing files
NO MAN LEFT TO SUFFER IN ETERNEL GLITCHINESS XD

guess you didnt read it either... ive deleted everything from .minecraft. EVERYTHING.. and started from fresh.. no go. the loader wont work.. before it even initializes the bin folder.. the actual loader minecraft.exe freezes / crashes.. not once game is started.

HundredsAnd100s

Posted 25 October 2011 - 04:47 AM

Is the programming generating a log file with any useful information in it? Also, what operating system (and OS version) are you using?

Are you sure the pirated version didn't modify your hosts file?

TheRanker

Posted 25 October 2011 - 07:35 AM

View PostHundredsAnd100s, on 25 October 2011 - 04:47 AM, said:

Is the programming generating a log file with any useful information in it? Also, what operating system (and OS version) are you using?

no log file at all.. just freezes and every other app slows down to a crawl... and the pirated version was attempted after the fact. not before.. as a test to see if a totally different launcher would work.. and it did.  and its windows 7. if you want specs i can get them for ya easily enough. 12gb ram, 3tb hd. i7 980. so on so on.. damn game worked before.. then just suddenly stopped.. dunno what the hell going on with it.. :(

TheRanker

Posted 25 October 2011 - 03:39 PM

View PostHundredsAnd100s, on 25 October 2011 - 04:47 AM, said:

no log file at all.. just freezes and every other app slows down to a crawl... and the pirated version was attempted after the fact. not before.. as a test to see if a totally different launcher would work.. and it did.  and its windows 7. if you want specs i can get them for ya easily enough. 12gb ram, 3tb hd. i7 980. so on so on.. damn game worked before.. then just suddenly stopped.. dunno what the hell going on with it.. :(

bonegolem

Posted 10 December 2011 - 03:43 PM

Greetings.
I am also experiencing what appears to be the same error.
I haven't installed or tested Minecraft before; my Appdata dir is empty.
As soon as I run the executable, a Minecraft window pops up, showing a login prompt, and freezes.
The system slows to a crawl, recovers after a few minutes but Minecraft's window stays struck.

My graphics driver is up to date.

Tried with Java 6 update 29, 7 and SDK 7.

I have - obviously - no mods of any sort installed, nor have I tried any other version of Minecraft - legal or otherwise. I have fiddled around with various things - changed the Java memory allocation, cleared the Java cache, tried to run Minecraft in compatibility mode - and nothing worked.

While other Java applications (jDownloader, the Android SDK) work flawlessly, I have experienced the same crash on the java application Kol Mafia; the interesting thing is that 1) this one used to work 2) This one boots and works properly, then freezes in the very same manner as the Minecraft client as soon as it attempts to open the user interface window.

I hope someone can help me! It's plenty frustrating to see this game not working, and read through a lot of threads unsuccessfully.

Thank you in advance!

The Windows log reports the following two events at each attempt.
The first:
Fault bucket , type 0
Event Name: PCA2
Response: Not available
Cab Id: 0

Problem signature:
P1: Minecraft.exe
P2: 0.0.0.0
P3: Minecraft.exe
P4: unknown
P5: unknown
P6: 200
P7: -1
P8: 
P9: 
P10: 

Attached files:

These files may be available here:
C:\Users\krelian\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportQueue\NonCritical_Minecraft.exe_43e9b19462e0d7a4cd28623cfef07b4e6ea6718_13a7e7a3

Analysis symbol: 
Rechecking for solution: 0
Report Id: b8c52fe0-2342-11e1-a0a4-00235491795c
Report Status: 4

The second:
Fault bucket , type 0
Event Name: PCA2
Response: Not available
Cab Id: 0

Problem signature:
P1: Minecraft.exe
P2: 0.0.0.0
P3: Minecraft.exe
P4: unknown
P5: unknown
P6: 200
P7: -1
P8: 
P9: 
P10: 

Attached files:
C:\Users\krelian\AppData\Local\Temp\{e956ef60-4a7f-468c-aea2-3911e618a991}\appcompat.txt
C:\Users\krelian\AppData\Local\Temp\TabE757.tmp

These files may be available here:

Analysis symbol: 
Rechecking for solution: 0
Report Id: b8c52fe0-2342-11e1-a0a4-00235491795c
Report Status: 0

bonegolem

Posted 11 December 2011 - 08:09 AM

Much as I feel bad about it - bump for answers. I still haven't solved this.
Would it be possible this problem might be caused by an excessive number of installed fonts? I have recently added quite a lot of those. To a quick google check, it doesn't seem Java takes issue with that though.

EDIT: spelling.

dielikekane

Posted 11 December 2011 - 08:33 AM

View Postbonegolem, on 11 December 2011 - 08:09 AM, said:

Much as I feel bad about it - bump for answers. I still haven't solved this.
Would it be possible this problem might be caused by an excessive number of installed fonts? I have recently added quite a lot of those. To a quick google check, it doesn't seem Java takes issue with that though.

EDIT: spelling.

have you tried deleting every thing in C:\Users\krelian\AppData\Local\Temp
also delete the .minecraft folder  C:\Users\krelian\AppData\.Minecraft
save your worlds 1st thou
could also try ccleaner ?
you most prob already have, just thought ill check?

bonegolem

Posted 11 December 2011 - 09:47 AM

I am very grateful for your reply.
I hadn't thought of deleting the Windows temp directory too, and while I did cleanup the registry with Glary Utilities, I hadn't tried CCleaner.

Sadly, the problem still shows up in the very manner described above even after this steps.

I'll clarify that my AppData/Minecraft folder was empty too; I still haven't ran Minecraft successfully on this PC, and thus the only Minecraft file I have is the executable (.exe and .jar both jam in the very same spots).

I also cleaned the Java cache, to no avail.

I'll be grateful for any other advice.

bonegolem

Posted 13 December 2011 - 12:14 PM

If you still have problems with this issue, I have solved it for my Pc - see here.
Might not be the same problem, but perhaps it's still worth a try.