12 replies to this topic

Tornador
    Tornador

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 9 posts
  • Minecraft: Tornador

Posted 22 October 2011 - 12:52 PM

I created my account and my brother and we both play on it.
He wants to install some mods but I don't want to.
So he created another account, but my worlds appear on his singleplayer menu,
as well as the texture packs.
I also found out that both accounts use the same ".minecraft" in "application data",
so I think that if he installs a mod, it will be installed on my worlds.
Is there a way to separate the two accounts ? And for him to install mods without being installed on my account ?
Please help me.
Thanks.

Register or log in to remove.

kingm444
  • Minecraft: kingm444

Posted 22 October 2011 - 12:57 PM

ur usin the same jar but i think there may be a mod that makes it so u can disable mods ingame without uninstalling them
Posted Image

shroom207
    shroom207

Obsidian Miner

• Members
  • 1458 posts
  • Minecraft: nottellingyou

Posted 22 October 2011 - 12:57 PM

Well just backup your world and texture packs then delete your .minecraft then redownload minecraft here... http://www.minecraft.net/download I dont know if this will work or not but its worth a shot.

Posted ImageTake the Magic: The Gathering 'What Color Are You?' Quiz.

Btw i have been playing minecraft since 0.0.9a which was before infdev... Which was back in May 16, 2009... So if you have a minecraft question ask me :) I should know the answer.(Also yeah i know about the time when i joined the forums... But for a while i was never social until like june of 2011... So i never bothered to make a minecraft forum account till like june... Because it would never get used.)

Kurokibo
    Kurokibo

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 16771 posts

Posted 22 October 2011 - 12:59 PM

Backing up and having each one of you a different jar is the only method I know.
I'm leaving the forum, if anyone cared. You can find me on OC or FFR.

balonbal
    balonbal

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 185 posts
  • Minecraft: balonbal94

Posted 22 October 2011 - 01:00 PM

View Postshroom207, on 22 October 2011 - 12:57 PM, said:

Well just backup your world and texture packs then delete your .minecraft then redownload minecraft here... http://www.minecraft.net/download I dont know if this will work or not but its worth a shot. Open minecraft.exe, hit options and force update.

Posted Image

shroom207
    shroom207

Obsidian Miner

• Members
  • 1458 posts

Posted 22 October 2011 - 01:03 PM

Actually my method worked for me when i had that problem a long time ago... So i recommend  my method not balonbal's method.

Btw i have been playing minecraft since 0.0.9a which was before infdev... Which was back in May 16, 2009... So if you have a minecraft question ask me :) I should know the answer.(Also yeah i know about the time when i joined the forums... But for a while i was never social until like june of 2011... So i never bothered to make a minecraft forum account till like june... Because it would never get used.)

balonbal
    balonbal

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 185 posts

Posted 22 October 2011 - 01:04 PM

also I think you can set the destination to your minecraft folder by putting this to a batch(.bat) file:
javaw -Xmx2048m -Xms1024m -jar "C:\(your minecraft directory)\Minecraft.exe

Posted Image

balonbal
    balonbal

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 185 posts

Posted 22 October 2011 - 01:06 PM

View Postshroom207, on 22 October 2011 - 01:03 PM, said:

Actually my method worked for me when i had that problem a long time ago... So i recommend the my method not his method...
for sure you can delete your minecraft folder, though it is unnecesarry and you DO NOT HAVE TO DOWNLOAD THE CLIENT AGAIN!
Posted Image

shroom207
    shroom207

Obsidian Miner

• Members
  • 1458 posts

Posted 22 October 2011 - 01:08 PM

View Postbalonbal, on 22 October 2011 - 01:06 PM, said:

for sure you can delete your minecraft folder, though it is unnecesarry and you DO NOT HAVE TO DOWNLOAD THE CLIENT AGAIN!
My method worked for me. So its really up to him but my method is alot more effective... Also ummmmm.... Please quit double posting you can get in trouble for doing that. So far you have double posted twice -.-

falconfetus8
  • Minecraft: falconfetus8

Posted 22 October 2011 - 01:12 PM

Having separate accounts affects absolutely nothing.  With Minecraft, all files, save data, and mods are stored on your computer and are not tied to your account.  If you both share the same computer, then any changes to Minecraft or your save files will be available to both people.

EDIT: The best way to do this is to set up different users on your computer.  This will separate the .minecraft folders, allowing him to install whatever mods he wants.
Posted Image

aapinator

Posted 22 October 2011 - 01:13 PM

View Postshroom207, on 22 October 2011 - 01:08 PM, said:

My method worked for me thats all i can say on that note... Also ummmmm.... Please quit double posting you can get in trouble for doing that. So far you have double posted twice -.-
Ad hominem fallacy?

Just use separate Windows accounts. Minecraft is 'installed' in your \user\Appdata folder, so in theory it should work. I don't know this for sure though. I don't really see why you don't play together on the same account in the first place.

shroom207
    shroom207

Obsidian Miner

• Members
  • 1458 posts

Posted 22 October 2011 - 01:20 PM

View Postaapinator, on 22 October 2011 - 01:13 PM, said:

Ad hominem fallacy?

Just use separate Windows accounts. Minecraft is 'installed' in your \user\Appdata folder, so in theory it should work. I don't know this for sure though. I don't really see why you don't play together on the same account in the first place.
"Ad hominem fallacy?" Actually no his method is fine but my idea is more effective telling from what i have studied... But like i said earlier its up to torn becuase its his problem...

"I don't really see why you don't play together on the same account in the first place."

Omg why dont your read the entire reply of his? You would understand why if you did...

Thunder1301
  • Minecraft: Thunder1301

Posted 22 October 2011 - 01:28 PM

View Postaapinator, on 22 October 2011 - 01:13 PM, said:

Ad hominem fallacy?

This right here should fix your problem. Just have your brother create another user account in Windows and that should solve the problem.
ThunderZ8olt Lets Plays
www.youtube.com/user/thunderz8olt