• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

HScrozzy
    HScrozzy

Obsidian Miner

• Members
  • 1459 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 07:24 PM

It says i have to get a conformation code by text, but my parent's phones don't get text messages and they don't want me to have one for some reason.

edit: here are my procedures:

1. Go to minecraft.net
2. Click "buy now"
3. Pick american express(the card i am using)
4. Enter card info
5. The text message page comes up
note: Then I mention a group of people in my posts, i mean the majority of information i have seen from that group, and my statement may not be accurate for every individual in that group.
Posted Image

Register or log in to remove.

Kurokibo
    Kurokibo

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 16771 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 07:26 PM

Why would you buy Minecraft with text messages (mobile phone charges)? This isn't Spiral Knights. It's just stupid.

Where did you try to buy it?
I'm leaving the forum, if anyone cared. You can find me on OC or FFR.

Stykker
    Stykker

Obsidian Miner

• Members
  • 1219 posts
  • Xbox:Stykker

Posted 21 October 2011 - 07:27 PM

Please visit http://www.minecraft..._1#entry9503731

HScrozzy
    HScrozzy

Obsidian Miner

• Members
  • 1459 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 07:36 PM

View PostStykker, on 21 October 2011 - 07:27 PM, said:

When i try to buy it from minecraft.net, after i put in the card info, a page pops up that says the card isn't verified and to verify it they have to send a text message.

In case you cant read normal typing:

When i try to buy it from minecraft.net, after i put in the card info, a page pops up that says the card isn't verified and to verify it they have to send a text message.

note: Then I mention a group of people in my posts, i mean the majority of information i have seen from that group, and my statement may not be accurate for every individual in that group.
Posted Image

Kurokibo
    Kurokibo

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 16771 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 07:39 PM

View PostHScrozzy, on 21 October 2011 - 07:36 PM, said:

Err, you tried to pay via PayPal, right?

I mean seriously now. Verifying via SMS is awkward. I mean, PayPal verifies their account by sending an amount of money to make sure if it's real, with a code to verify it.
I'm leaving the forum, if anyone cared. You can find me on OC or FFR.

HScrozzy
    HScrozzy

Obsidian Miner

• Members
  • 1459 posts

View PostSgt. Traveler, on 21 October 2011 - 07:39 PM, said:

Err, you tried to pay via PayPal, right?

I mean seriously now. Verifying via SMS is awkward. I mean, PayPal verifies its account by sending an amount of money to make sure if it's real, with a code.
Credit Card,
Posted Image

DRoseDARs
    DRoseDARs

Gold Miner

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 402 posts

A ). You have a virus on your computer.
and
B ). You're being an ass now with your attitude there.

DRoseDARs
    DRoseDARs

Gold Miner

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 402 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 07:41 PM

View PostHScrozzy, on 21 October 2011 - 07:39 PM, said:

Credit Card, Did you not read my first post?     

Oh, you mean this one, which makes no such mention of where you went or how you tried to pay?

View PostHScrozzy, on 21 October 2011 - 07:24 PM, said:

It says  i have to get a conformation code by text, but my parent's phones don't  get text messages and they don't want me to have one for some reason.

HScrozzy
    HScrozzy

Obsidian Miner

• Members
  • 1459 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 07:42 PM

View PostDRoseDARs, on 21 October 2011 - 07:41 PM, said:

Oh, you mean this one, which makes no such mention of where you went or how you tried to pay?
There is a reason i removed the part about the first post, and sorry i am trying to get help.
Posted Image

DRoseDARs
    DRoseDARs

Gold Miner

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 402 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 07:44 PM

View PostHScrozzy, on 21 October 2011 - 07:42 PM, said:

There is a reason i removed the part about the first post, and sorry i am trying to get help.

Wait, you intentionally removed pertinent information? For what purpose? Don't being sorry for trying to get help, people were trying to help you. Be sorry for being an ass about it.

mbiraguy
    mbiraguy

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 14 posts
  • Minecraft: mbiraguy

Posted 21 October 2011 - 07:45 PM

So you may have a problem with your credit card.
I suggest you contact your card company or paypal. ;)
Posted Image

HScrozzy
    HScrozzy

Obsidian Miner

• Members
  • 1459 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 07:47 PM

View PostDRoseDARs, on 21 October 2011 - 07:44 PM, said:

Wait, you intentionally removed pertinent information? For what purpose? Don't being sorry for trying to get help, people were trying to help you. Be sorry for being an ass about it.
I thought I put in the original OP that i was using a credit card, then when I realized I was wrong, I took out that part. And learn grammar, troll.
Posted Image

DRoseDARs
    DRoseDARs

Gold Miner

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 402 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 07:48 PM

Ok, I see now that you've ADDED in the OP clear information on what you did. Brings me back to you have a virus on your computer or as mbiraguy above states, it might be an issue with the card.

DRoseDARs
    DRoseDARs

Gold Miner

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 402 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 07:50 PM

View PostHScrozzy, on 21 October 2011 - 07:47 PM, said:

I thought I put in the original OP that i was using a credit card, then when I realized I was wrong, I took out that part. And learn grammar, troll.

Good god you're acting like a brat. Your parents are right not to get you a phone. I just hope you don't abuse their credit card too.

HScrozzy
    HScrozzy

Obsidian Miner

• Members
  • 1459 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 07:52 PM

View PostDRoseDARs, on 21 October 2011 - 07:50 PM, said:

Good god you're acting like a brat. Your parents are right not to get you a phone. I just hope you don't abuse their credit card too.
You come in here, and call me an ass because of something I included in my post by accident, and removed when i realized it was wrong.

Yeah, I'm a brat.
Posted Image

DRoseDARs
    DRoseDARs

Gold Miner

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 402 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 08:01 PM

View PostHScrozzy, on 21 October 2011 - 07:52 PM, said:

You come in here, and call me an ass because of something I included in my post by accident, and removed when i realized it was wrong.

Yeah, I'm a brat.

What is this, Opposite Day? You had scant info in your OP. People tried to help based on that very little info. You chided them for helping and asked if they read your OP, the very same one that had scant info in it. You get called on it, you admit to having REMOVED info, and you continue to act like everyone else is wrong? I quoted you verbatim before your edits, don't act like I'm making it up as I go.

HScrozzy
    HScrozzy

Obsidian Miner

• Members
  • 1459 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 09:54 PM

View PostDRoseDARs, on 21 October 2011 - 08:01 PM, said:

What is this, Opposite Day? You had scant info in your OP. People tried to help based on that very little info. You chided them for helping and asked if they read your OP, the very same one that had scant info in it. You get called on it, you admit to having REMOVED info, and you continue to act like everyone else is wrong? I quoted you verbatim before your edits, don't act like I'm making it up as I go.
I edited it before i saw your quote.
Posted Image

coolmatthew1123

Posted 11 August 2012 - 01:36 PM

SAME! It told me it will send me a phone message but it didn't, and I want Minecraft!

Stykker
    Stykker

Obsidian Miner

• Members
  • 1219 posts
  • Xbox:Stykker

Posted 11 August 2012 - 04:08 PM

Please, everyone just chill.

Theres a vey low chance that its a virus, and even then its the last thing to consider.

View PostDRoseDARs, on 21 October 2011 - 07:50 PM, said:

You are also acting very rude and there are various mistakes in your logic. Your constant attempts to appear sophisticated are destroyed by your rude language, and high aggression to a small issue.

EDIT:
That being said, you have a point. OP rudely commented based on information added AFTER my post. This is the only mistake I noticed though, while you failed to clearly understand almost everything after that post.

I am of course referring to this post:

<Truncated>

Just put "EDIT:" before edits, and then no misunderstandings will occur.

spider546

Posted 11 August 2012 - 04:14 PM

I agree with Stykker DRoseDARs