The GERUDOKU pack is a remix of doku's RPG texture pack. It contains a lot of different textures that were casually stolen from everyone and then compiled into a total minecraft reskin. There's also some minor edits I made personally (mostly recoloring/editing existing textures and other junk that required zero skill). The pack includes terrain textures, items, mob skins, gui stuff, and everything you have ever dreamed of.
The current version, 1.8, is below. It's compatible with Minecraft Beta version 1.4.
You MUST install these textures using the latest version of
xau's HD texture fix patcher
or a lot of your shit will be broken! Don't fuck this up kid!!
Scroll down for complete installation instructions!!!
or watch this fancy video demonstration (thanks tyken)
see it in action:
°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸ Hwwc9e48fns ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°
¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º° bGtESjCLPxo °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸
DOWNLOAD MAP - http://dl.dropbox.co...3402/World4.zip
*NOTE: If you don't have these installed, the map might take a while to fully load the first time you play it.
Back to Index
temporary fix for the 1.4 update with new default textures copied in, will do a real update sometime this weekend
- GODLY new armor skins by Richasackboy
- new pixelart in kz.png to replace the last few classic art pieces (sorry, mona)
- new HD bed item and textures
2/22/2011 - two versions in one day, ohh shiiit
- updated for Minecraft Beta 1.3
- edited bookshelves again. last time. serious.
- new recolored mojang splash logo
- some stuff (bed textures, mostly) are just upscaled placeholders, but should work okay for now
- completely untested!!
- updated for Minecraft Beta 1.2_02
- too much to list, just see for yourself okay!!
12/18/2010 - Lots of changes this time, see below for more...
NEW 32x32 items (dusty, hozz, cerealkiller54 weapon edits)
replaced painterly armor with eld's (painterly still available as alternate)
alternate cart skin (ASUK)
added support for the wild grass mod
swapped doku-style bookshelves & spawner with alts (johnsmith)
alt ore blocks (dusty), alt lightstone (glimmar), edited alt recordplayer (shiny)
other misc. alt textures (ladder, steel, bricks, portal, door)
cuter pig faces
chickens replace ducks (duck texture still available for the mo creatures mod
alt cows, sheep, zombie (survival horror)
fancy "moonlight" shaded vignette overlay (inspired by aza)
fixed jackolantern-style pumpkinblur stretching issue
redone default kz.png with neat decorations by johnsmith & runesmith
(classic art kz.png still available as kzc.png)
11/19/2010 - Small edits & changes to several textures. New craftbench tools, darker hellstone, lighter mud, better log rings, more tileable clay. Fixed compatibility with mcpatcher-1.1.9 (portal textures, compass, and sundial should now display correctly). Added (slightly edited) custom animated lava from JohnSmith's pack. Added alternate "more traditional" pumpkinblur for loser babies
11/10/2010 - Updated for compatibility with Minecraft 1.2.2. Adjusted a few items & weapons with new ones from Painterly. Added another alternate ghast skin just for kicks
11/07/2010 - New & better hellmud and brimstone textures (think I might actually keep these!!), several new/different alt textures, new TNT from hozz (old bombs still available as alts), edited pumpkin, new fishing lure particle, maybe some other stuff
11/05/2010 - New alt textures (stuff in the lower left of terrain.png), some new mob skins, a few other surprises, and new biome grass & leaf gradients that actually work with bettergrass! No more fucking around with grayscale!! It's a Thanksgiving miracle
Back to Index
Metroid Prime-style pumpkinblur.png HUD by Dusty. Just find a pumpkin in-game and equip it on your head! No kidding!!
1. Download GERUDOKU.zip
2. Download the latest version of Xau's HD texture fix patcher
3. Run mcpatcher-1.1.12_02.exe (make sure the Minecraft client isn't running)
4. Click "Browse" next to "Texture Pack" and double-click GERUDOKU.zip
5. Under "Options", check everything except "Custom Portal" (if you don't want johnsmith's custom lava and want to use the default, don't check "Custom Lava")
6. Click "Patch"
7. Close any of the windows you opened during this installation
8. Run the Minecraft client. The GERUDOKU texture pack should now be correctly installed with working animated water/lava/fire and no graphical glitches
NOTE: If you're still getting a blackscreen on load after following these instructions, you may have to delete the "bin" folder in the /.minecraft/ directory and run the minecraft client again to redownload a fresh copy. After that you should be able to patch everything successfully and load the game without blackscreening.
If THAT doesn't work, try placing GERUDOKU.zip in the /.minecraft/texturepacks/ folder and loading it through minecraft's texture switcher. Then exit minecraft and follow the instructions above (steps 1-8) normally.
Back to Index
- Grass is BARELY shaded differently between different biomes. This is intentional.
- If you want to use the lava textures in terrain.png as animated lava instead of JohnSmith's animated textures, just delete custom_lava_still.png & custom_lava_flowing.png from GERUDOKU.zip before you patch, then check "Custom Lava" when patching.
- If you install the MrMMods BetterLight/SimpleMap patcher (viewtopic.php?f=25&t=55700) you might have to run through these instructions AFTER patching with MrMPatcher.jar to install the textures properly
Back to Index
Now you can use the custom alternate .zip files inside GERUDOKU.ZIP to quickly switch out different sets of textures. Here are the alt sets included with the pack:
alt biome foliage.zip - makes grass show biome color shading
alt biome sidegrass.zip - makes grass show biome shading, compatible with sidegrass mod
alt flowered foliage.zip - adds flowers to grass, leaves, and saplings
alt oldstyle oreblocks.zip - replaces smooth flatcolor oreblocks with old doku-style textures
alt reset defaults.zip - resets everything back to the default gerudoku textures
HOW TO USE:
1. Ensure you have an archive program like WinRAR or 7zip installed (your built-in unzipper won't work)
2. Unzip GERUDOKU.zip into a folder on your desktop
3. Open the unzipped GERUDOKU folder
4. Right-click the alt pack .zip file you want to install and select "Extract Here"
5. If prompted to replace any files, click "Yes to All"
6. In the GERUDOKU folder, press CTRL+A, then archive all the selected files/folders into GERUDOKU.zip
7. Copy the new GERUDOKU.zip to your desktop, overwriting the old one
8. Install the new GERUDOKU.zip by following the Installation Instructions on this page
Are the alt sets not enough CHANGE for you, Obama?? Want to try editing your own Doku-style texture pack?
Tyken put together a nice compilation of alt 32x textures here:
He also made a tutorial for basic texture replacement here:
Or try TileMaster if you suck at image editing! seems kinda cool!
Want to use a more "traditional" doku-style texture pack? Check these out (might not be updated):
JADOKU - viewtopic.php?f=1021&t=140755
SHADOKU - viewtopic.php?f=1021&t=136866
Want to try a different remix of these textures? Give these a shot (might not be updated):
Tyken - viewtopic.php?f=1021&t=77619&start=1260#p2763977
Richasackboy - viewtopic.php?f=1021&t=77619&start=1290#p2778908
Danscottbrown - viewtopic.php?f=1021&t=191634
Doku-Clip (16x) - viewtopic.php?f=1021&t=170117
Back to Index
Insane sphere world map by Tomahawk
TEXTURE FILE PREVIEW
Back to Index
- ENJOY -