Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

No pigs or cows in my world?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Ergophile
  • Minecraft: Ergophile

Posted 20 October 2011 - 06:53 PM

I'm playing PR4 and I walked quite a distance and I didn't see a single cow or pig. There are chickens though. Is this normal?
l'altri 619

Register or log in to remove.

TomCatFort
  • Minecraft: TomCatFort

Posted 20 October 2011 - 07:08 PM

View PostErgophile, on 20 October 2011 - 06:53 PM, said:

I'm playing PR4 and I walked quite a distance and I didn't see a single cow or pig. There are chickens though. Is this normal?

Maybe Posted Image. I found myself many times walking distances to find a certain kind of animal.
while(cake.size() != 0)

getRandomUser()->add(cake.slice());

OblivionDawn

Posted 20 October 2011 - 07:10 PM

View PostErgophile, on 20 October 2011 - 06:53 PM, said:

I seemed to get that alot in my 1.9 Pre 4 worlds. I'd usually start out with tons of chickens, then after I got to a new biome, I'd start coming across pigs and cows and whatnot.

Marko413
    Marko413

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 545 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 07:13 PM

I haven't seen chickens yet in my world but that doesn't concern me as much as other animals.  With chickens you can carry eggs.  

Sorry man, tough break.

Chinook
    Chinook

Coal Miner

• Members
  • 116 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 07:27 PM

I'm fairly sure since the introduction of persistant mobs they are encountering the problem of them dying off.  They aren't exactly the brightest bulbs, don't really breed on their own in most situations and fall off cliffs and into fires like lemings.

RiverC
    RiverC

Glowstone Miner

• Members
  • 3516 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 07:32 PM

View PostChinook, on 20 October 2011 - 07:27 PM, said:

I'm fairly sure since the introduction of persistant mobs they are encountering the problem of them dying off.  They aren't exactly the brightest bulbs, don't really breed on their own in most situations and fall off cliffs and into fires like lemings.
It has more to do with spawn patterns. Animals now are smarter about avoiding ledges and lava (for one) but since they only spawn once (and after that very, very infrequently) the chances of a particular type of animal spawning not at all in a region is pretty good now. Not to mention that they could just wander off, too.
Orthogeeks - the right way to geek.
New podcasts somewhere around weekly! Most recent episode: Episode 2: Spellchecks to 'Scarface'.