Jump to content

  • Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

[Mod] Zan's Mods! (Minimap/zMod) - 30 Jan


  • This topic is locked This topic is locked
1870 replies to this topic

#1

Zaneris
    Zaneris

    Stuck at Home

  • Members
  • 413 posts
  • Location: Toronto, Canada

Posted 06 November 2010 - 01:13 AM

Zan's Minimap v0.9.7
Minecraft: v1.2_02 Beta

Lahwran will be maintaining the minimap from now on, it's only fair to you guys since I've been neglecting it. At least this way, you will see new content added more frequently.

Link: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=97332&p=1456935#ZansMini


zMod Server Wrapper v0.1.7
Minecraft Server: v1.2 Beta

Moved to its own thread in the server mods section.

Link: viewtopic.php?f=1023&t=161297#p2313676


Posted Image



Register or log in to remove.

#2

Tuqui
    Tuqui

    Redstone Miner

  • Members
  • 635 posts
  • Location: My Kingdom
  • Minecraft: Tuqui

Posted 06 November 2010 - 01:28 AM

Looks really good. I will try it.
EDIT:I just noticed the versionis 1.2.0_1 will it work with the last one version? or it will make it crash?
Tustopia Kingdom Check my current work
Portal Corruption suggestion

Zenrax said:

It was a pacifist creeper.

#3

Zaneris
    Zaneris

    Stuck at Home

  • Members
  • 413 posts
  • Location: Toronto, Canada

Posted 06 November 2010 - 01:41 AM

Tuqui said:

Looks really good. I will try it.
EDIT:I just noticed the versionis 1.2.0_1 will it work with the last one version? or it will make it crash?

It works with the latest, 1.2.1_01, if you want to use it with the 2 older ones 1.2.0_01 or 1.2.0_02, you can download the mac patch, extract all class files but d.class. d.class is the only file that needed changing for today's update.

#4

Tuqui
    Tuqui

    Redstone Miner

  • Members
  • 635 posts
  • Location: My Kingdom
  • Minecraft: Tuqui

Posted 06 November 2010 - 01:47 AM

ok,thanks, and I mistook, the 1 for a 0 that's why I asked.
Tustopia Kingdom Check my current work
Portal Corruption suggestion

Zenrax said:

It was a pacifist creeper.

#5

CreeperDaReeper
  • Location: Norwalk Ohio
  • Minecraft: CreeperDaReeper

Posted 06 November 2010 - 01:49 AM

Oh and by the way, you mod will appear in the list over at OSMS once I'm done figuring out just which mods are broken and which ones are working.

Laterz.

#6

Molle
    Molle

    Gold Miner

  • Members
  • 422 posts
  • Minecraft: molle1997

Posted 06 November 2010 - 01:55 AM

could you make it compatible with skymod?
Posted Image

Proud Moderator of Underground Miner, a small server with ultra-friendly players!

#7

CreeperDaReeper
  • Location: Norwalk Ohio
  • Minecraft: CreeperDaReeper

Posted 06 November 2010 - 02:13 AM

Hmm. . . . .
A while ago before the Holloween update Zaneris had PM'ed me with some questions about his mod.  I guess he thought I was the best person to ask becuase of OSMS.
I'll leave out the parts that are unimportant to my current point which is that eventually said conversation led to me asking him if he would make a mod with a different function.
My idea is pretty much the same thing as the MAXI-Stack mod except that it would apply to all items, including tools, and food, and anything else that doesn't normally stack at all.  Except that food & tools would be useless when stacked, for balance reasons.
I PM'ed him not too long ago asking him again if he would try to make it.  He said he might try if he as the time, so don't get your hopes up.

Hope this is close to what you wanted me to do Zaneris, Laterz.

#8

Zaneris
    Zaneris

    Stuck at Home

  • Members
  • 413 posts
  • Location: Toronto, Canada

Posted 06 November 2010 - 02:14 AM

CreeperDaReeper said:

Hmm. . . . .
A while ago before the Holloween update Zaneris had PM'ed me with some questions about his mod.  I guess he thought I was the best person to ask becuase of OSMS.
I'll leave out the parts that are unimportant to my current point which is that eventually said conversation led to me asking him if he would make a mod with a different function.
My idea is pretty much the same thing as the MAXI-Stack mod except that it would apply to all items, including tools, and food, and anything else that doesn't normally stack at all.  Except that food & tools would be useless when stacked, for balance reasons.
I PM'ed him not too long ago asking him again if he would try to make it.  He said he might try if he as the time, so don't get your hopes up.

Hope this is close to what you wanted me to do Zaneris, Laterz.

Lol :Notch: Yeah, pretty much.

#9

Pkabooicu

Posted 06 November 2010 - 02:29 AM

Best mod I've ever used. It's so easy to someone who doesn't know how to install/patch their current client that I recommend it to everyone :)

ip: minecraft.rawcritics.com

Rawcritics Minecraft Community


#10

mooman219
    mooman219

    Zombie Killer

  • Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 165 posts
  • Location: New York State, United States
  • Minecraft: mooman219

Posted 06 November 2010 - 02:32 AM

OMG I LOVE YOU!

This is so nice for the average player. waypoints are nice to keep track of things such as towns and spawn, along with secret spots. The tab to enter commands is soooo useful!! it makes everything simple along with the text on screen help!!

Maybe you could add teleporting to the way points and naming of way points?
Or Allow the AUSOM mini map to track ores?
Posted Image
Current Server: CowCraft (Link Above)

#11

CreeperDaReeper
  • Location: Norwalk Ohio
  • Minecraft: CreeperDaReeper

Posted 06 November 2010 - 02:38 AM

If you want to teleport to a place that you made a way point add, use dougbenham's Teleport Signs mods.

Laterz.

#12

Zaneris
    Zaneris

    Stuck at Home

  • Members
  • 413 posts
  • Location: Toronto, Canada

Posted 06 November 2010 - 02:43 AM

mooman219 said:

OMG I LOVE YOU!

This is so nice for the average player. waypoints are nice to keep track of things such as towns and spawn, along with secret spots. The tab to enter commands is soooo useful!! it makes everything simple along with the text on screen help!!

Maybe you could add teleporting to the way points and naming of way points?
Or Allow the AUSOM mini map to track ores?

When I finish with the new interface, all commands, etc... will be in an in-game menu.
It'll have the option to store/name/display multiple waypoints.

#13

Whiplord
    Whiplord

    Tree Puncher

  • Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 06 November 2010 - 07:00 AM

I notice after I install this I can no longer press T to chat. I realize that it was rebound to tab, but I'm wondering if there's any way to get it to be on both perhaps? I'm so used to T....

Beyond that though, brilliant mod mate.

#14

Uniquitous

Posted 06 November 2010 - 12:08 PM

It's not working for me using either of the patch methods. I get the following error message

java.lang.NoSuchFieldError: q
at d.a(SourceFile:603)
at jq.c(SourceFile:362)
at jq.b(SourceFile:312)
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.run(SourceFile:623)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

#15

Zaneris
    Zaneris

    Stuck at Home

  • Members
  • 413 posts
  • Location: Toronto, Canada

Posted 06 November 2010 - 12:42 PM

Uniquitous said:

It's not working for me using either of the patch methods. I get the following error message

java.lang.NoSuchFieldError: q
at d.a(SourceFile:603)
at jq.c(SourceFile:362)
at jq.b(SourceFile:312)
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.run(SourceFile:623)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

The only way you'd get that error is if you weren't using the latest version of minecraft, v1.2.1_01 like I said already, if you want to use it with 1.2.0, you'll have to remove d.class before patching..

#16

koenverd1000
  • Minecraft: koenverd1000

Posted 06 November 2010 - 01:13 PM

Great mod. I really like it.  :)

#17

Bootaaay
    Bootaaay

    Newly Spawned

  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 November 2010 - 01:29 PM

Yeah, awesome mod Zaneris, I love the map markers.

Had some trouble installing it though - to get it working with my mods I had to (from a vanilla install) use Xau's 32x32 texture fix (but without installing the texture pack itself), then manually install the texture pack I'm using (BrownCraft), then run the patch for Zan's Mod and finally run the patch for Ambient Occlusion - any other combination resulted in the game crashing on the world load screen.

#18

Jmama83
    Jmama83

    Tree Puncher

  • Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 06 November 2010 - 01:57 PM

I can't wait to use it! Looks amazing! Does this work on SMP?
Posted Image

#19

Zaneris
    Zaneris

    Stuck at Home

  • Members
  • 413 posts
  • Location: Toronto, Canada

Posted 06 November 2010 - 02:18 PM

Bootaaay said:

Yeah, awesome mod Zaneris, I love the map markers.

Had some trouble installing it though - to get it working with my mods I had to (from a vanilla install) use Xau's 32x32 texture fix (but without installing the texture pack itself), then manually install the texture pack I'm using (BrownCraft), then run the patch for Zan's Mod and finally run the patch for Ambient Occlusion - any other combination resulted in the game crashing on the world load screen.

Glad you managed to get them all working together, I can't account for everything that every other mod changes, but the best bet typically is to try installing my mod to a virgin client, the. Any other mods on top of it.

Jmama83 said:

I can't wait to use it! Looks amazing! Does this work on SMP?

It does :obsidian: That's actually more of it's focus.

#20

Darkebrz

Posted 06 November 2010 - 02:46 PM

Posted Image

and

Posted Image

When I try to install either.
Posted Image Changes with seasons