• Curse Sites
Become a Premium Member! Help
Latest News Article

Faithful 32x32 Pack [UPDATE:OCELOT, TWO CATS, NEW SAPLINGS, CTM!] (1.7)

• Please log in to reply
10049 replies to this topic

MasterJ_RealmsMaster

Posted 19 June 2013 - 04:19 PM

View PostNoNameGuy_, on 15 June 2013 - 05:38 AM, said:

call me stupid but I havn't been able to figure out the conversion tool.  Can someone post it?
I don't believe in name-calling, but I was in the same boat. I watched a quick vid on it from FireRockerzstudios (starting at the 3:10 mark). But I'll outline the steps which worked for me on PC (and he used Mac):

1.) Take a copy of Faithful32pack.zip (your favorite texture pack) file and place it in a new folder by itself.
2.) Download Mojang's free Minecrat Texture Ender (introduced with 13w24a as TextureEnder.jar); BTW, Minecraftwiki states that the texture pack has to be "unstiched" which appears to be the case for Faithful32 - unsure about this
3.) Double-click to run the TextureEnder.jar file tool in Java (works fine in my Java Windows version 1.7.0_17-b02)
4.) Choose the Faithful32pack.zip file you placed in a new folder by itself (back in step 1)
5.) Click 'Convert Packs' button in the Texture Ender tool which will create a new folder called "faithful32pack-converted-xxxxxxxxxxx" where xxxxxx's are some number
6.) Take and copy the entire "faithfulpack32-converted-xxxxxxx" folder to place it in your Dev app location under \resourcepacks (your profile may be configured differently, but mine is %appdata%\.minecraft\resourcepacks\
7.) Start-up the dev Minecraft Launcher (Play) and in-game options choose Options -> Resource Packs -> faithful32pack-converted

Voila! Posted Image

Register or log in to remove.

SqueakyG

Posted 19 June 2013 - 04:51 PM

View PostMasterJ_RealmsMaster, on 19 June 2013 - 04:19 PM, said:

I don't believe in name-calling, but I was in the same boat. I watched a quick vid on it from FireRockerzstudios (starting at the 3:10 mark). But I'll outline the steps which worked for me on PC (and he used Mac):

1.) Take a copy of Faithful32pack.zip (your favorite texture pack) file and place it in a new folder by itself.
2.) Download Mojang's free Minecrat Texture Ender (introduced with 13w24a as TextureEnder.jar); BTW, Minecraftwiki states that the texture pack has to be "unstiched" which appears to be the case for Faithful32 - unsure about this
3.) Double-click to run the TextureEnder.jar file tool in Java (works fine in my Java Windows version 1.7.0_17-b02)
4.) Choose the Faithful32pack.zip file you placed in a new folder by itself (back in step 1)
5.) Click 'Convert Packs' button in the Texture Ender tool which will create a new folder called "faithful32pack-converted-xxxxxxxxxxx" where xxxxxx's are some number
6.) Take and copy the entire "faithfulpack32-converted-xxxxxxx" folder to place it in your Dev app location under \resourcepacks (your profile may be configured differently, but mine is %appdata%\.minecraft\resourcepacks\
7.) Start-up the dev Minecraft Launcher (Play) and in-game options choose Options -> Resource Packs -> faithful32pack-converted

Voila! Posted Image

One more thing to do:

The TextureEnder.jar causes a mistake regarding cobblestone and stone bricks. It seems Dinnerbone got confused by some very confusing filenaming! You'll have to sort them out manually:

1) In the newly-generated resource pack, go to the "blocks" folder, find cobblestone.png (which is actually stone brick!), and rename it stonebrick.png.

2) In the old texture pack zip, go to the "textures>blocks" folder, find stonebrick.png (which is actually cobblestone!), extract this file somewhere, rename it cobblestone.png, and drop it into the "blocks" folder of the new resource pack.

SLembas
    SLembas

Gold Miner

• Members
  • 426 posts
  • Minecraft: SLembas
  • Xbox:SLembas

Posted 19 June 2013 - 05:06 PM

View PostLluixhi, on 19 June 2013 - 03:16 PM, said:

Has it been ported to MCPi yet?
No.

View PostSqueakyG, on 19 June 2013 - 04:51 PM, said:

One more thing to do:

The TextureEnder.jar causes a mistake regarding cobblestone and stone bricks. It seems Dinnerbone got confused by some very confusing filenaming! You'll have to sort them out manually:

1) In the newly-generated resource pack, go to the "blocks" folder, find cobblestone.png (which is actually stone brick!), and rename it stonebrick.png.

2) In the old texture pack zip, go to the "textures>blocks" folder, find stonebrick.png (which is actually cobblestone!), extract this file somewhere, rename it cobblestone.png, and drop it into the "blocks" folder of the new resource pack.
I agree with you. Also converter not delete old files. Remain big trash in packs.

Posted Image

McKiller5252
  • Minecraft: Killer5252
  • PSN:McKiller5252

Posted 19 June 2013 - 06:23 PM

If i dont mind asking, If i want to help with makeing textures for the mods/helping out the faitful pack, How would i make the textures in double resolution? I use Paint and Photoshop

Looking for mods? Check out the

Posted Image

ApplesOfEpicness

Posted 19 June 2013 - 06:29 PM

View PostDragonMaster16, on 10 May 2013 - 06:17 PM, said:

BOOP-http://www.mediafire...ModTextures.zip   Airship Textures
Posted Image

NORWEGIAN_GUY

Posted 19 June 2013 - 06:37 PM

heey! I have a private texture pack that is a tinkered version of faithful and i was just wondering how to update it without having to make it all over again.. thanks if you can help me :D (it's because 1.6 is just around the corner if you are wondering)

Exalm
    Exalm

End Dweller

• Members
  • 7467 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 07:17 PM

View PostSamuil19, on 19 June 2013 - 02:53 PM, said:

But it's 16x resolution.
Should I record 32x32 version? It's actually not hard to do, as most of the work is done automatically. :)

I'm not sure if I still have the raw files, but even if I don't, I can split that 1536-frame image and re-stitch it.
I still have them.

View PostSqueakyG, on 19 June 2013 - 02:46 PM, said:

Old lava:

Someone called Exalm, who is heavily involved in the Nostaglia-Craft texture pack, created 1.5 animated versions of the old lava. His download is here: https://dl.dropboxus...ldWaterLava.zip

This can't - and shouldn't - be put into Faithful 32x32 of course, but it might be useful for anyone who wants it for their own personal use. Edit for clarification: this is a 16x16 texture.

While it's great to see the old lava, I'm put off by the large file sizes when it's converted to an amimated texture. Lava.png has 1536 frames of animation, and lava_flow.png is twice as big! It seems the old lava animation was much more intricate when it was built into the code; then Mojang created their new animated texture format and created the "orange cheese" lava with just 20 frames of animation.
I'm not heavily involved in that pack, I don't even use it. (As OldDays contains old textures :))

Posted Image

My UA on laptop: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Ubuntu; Linux i686; rv:27.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/27.0 SeaMonkey/2.24 Lightning/2.9b1; I use Ubuntu 13.10 here.
And on desktop: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux i686; rv:20.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/20.0; Here I use openSUSE 12.2.

Vattic
    Vattic

Diamond Miner

• Members
  • 794 posts
  • Minecraft: Vattic

Posted 19 June 2013 - 07:21 PM

View PostExalm, on 19 June 2013 - 07:17 PM, said:

Should I record 32x32 version? It's actually not hard to do, as most of the work is done automatically. :)
1536 frames huh? I recorded a load of it myself, but not enough to find the looping point. Do you have the same for water also? I'd very much appreciate the both of them if possible in 32x32.

Posted Image
A double resolution graphics pack that stays faithful to the originals.

ApplesOfEpicness

Posted 19 June 2013 - 07:22 PM

Working on Brewing A Beer Mod ATM, so there's going to be even MORE mod support Posted Image
--------------------------------
EEEEDDDDIIIIITTTT

Also Samuil19 I see your working on Aether II
I have been myself but have stopped it to texture something else.
What do you thinkz?  http://www.mediafire...r_II_-_Copy.zip
:P

ApplesOfEpicness

Posted 19 June 2013 - 07:30 PM

View PostMcKiller5252, on 19 June 2013 - 06:23 PM, said:

If i dont mind asking, If i want to help with makeing textures for the mods/helping out the faitful pack, How would i make the textures in double resolution? I use Paint and Photoshop
Honestly I would just use GIMP and then use image tab, canvas size, and resize it to 32x32.

Exalm
    Exalm

End Dweller

• Members
  • 7467 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 07:43 PM

View PostVattic, on 19 June 2013 - 07:21 PM, said:

1536 frames huh? I recorded a load of it myself, but not enough to find the looping point. Do you have the same for water also? I'd very much appreciate the both of them if possible in 32x32.
Water, lava, flowing water, flowing lava. All of them have 1505 normal frames, and different number of frames for transition.

You will never find looping points, as those textures are random. I tried that too, but at the end I just made linear transition for still textures and linear transition with shift for flowing ones. At the end I was not able to distinguish those transitions, so I think that they are ok. :)

https://dl.dropboxus...WaterLava32.zip

Posted Image

My UA on laptop: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Ubuntu; Linux i686; rv:27.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/27.0 SeaMonkey/2.24 Lightning/2.9b1; I use Ubuntu 13.10 here.
And on desktop: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux i686; rv:20.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/20.0; Here I use openSUSE 12.2.

seivoisepic

Posted 19 June 2013 - 08:22 PM

View PostSqueakyG, on 19 June 2013 - 02:57 PM, said:

It's just a solution for anyone who would rather have 16x16 old lava than Faithful 32x32 orange lava.

(Apologies: I modify texture packs quite heavily for my own use, so I perhaps wrongfully assmed everyone does the same. I could happily drop someone else's lava into Faithful 32x32 for my own personal use. The version of Faithful 32x32 that I use is actually a mish-mash of Vattic's work, other people's work, and some of my own textures for good measure!)
This is actually a really big request, and would take a lot of time to do.
However, I would be very greatful to whoever could.
For the record, I've been working really hard on something that I'm not that satisfied with.
Remember the lava from classic?
I have a 1.5 animated format of it, cause it's the lava that orginally came.
I thought I was done with the pack, then I watched Antvenom's review, and noticed lava.
HOW DID HE GET THAT LAVA?
Here's the video:
I also have my version which is in MY video.
Will post a link soon.
Check out this post and look at the lava in the picture:http://antvenom.com/forum/m/5344313/viewthread/4608940-15-13w10a-faithfulvenom-32-64-128-256-x
This means, that there is indeed a faithful version of it.
We need to find it! We must complete this nostalgia faithful thingie!

Edit: OMG!! I figured out how he got that lava! He used the optifine mod to turn the textures into dynamic. I installed optifine and tried this myself, but no avail. Maybe there's something in the mod's coding... Hrrmmm...
Posted Image

seivoisepic

Posted 19 June 2013 - 08:41 PM

Wow... It somehow makes me happy to see that many people are intrested in this lava issue. Anyways, it is really great that people are agreeing with me. Somehow, I felt like a crazy guy thinking about this :P
Posted Image

seivoisepic

Posted 19 June 2013 - 08:56 PM

View PostExalm, on 19 June 2013 - 07:43 PM, said:

Water, lava, flowing water, flowing lava. All of them have 1505 normal frames, and different number of frames for transition.

You will never find looping points, as those textures are random. I tried that too, but at the end I just made linear transition for still textures and linear transition with shift for flowing ones. At the end I was not able to distinguish those transitions, so I think that they are ok. Posted Image

https://dl.dropboxus...WaterLava32.zip
I downloaded the lava and I've got to say: It looked great! I applied them to my pack, and now I feel as if I'm really in that old Minecraft!
Thanks for helping out.
Although the transitions aren't equal, they are practically twins.
Thanks to everyone Posted Image
I applied them to the pack.
Here's the video I originally made when I first tinkered with the lava. Heh. Ignore my squeaky voice, only 12 :D :http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hwFfEf23NGo

Edited by seivoisepic, 19 June 2013 - 10:20 PM.

Posted Image

Jacob5400

Posted 20 June 2013 - 12:30 AM

This is my favorite pack! I never wanna switch back to default again. :P
Will faithful get a resource pack in minecraft 1.6? If so, add much more "Smooth" sounds to go along with the smooth textures! I recommend this pack for anyone who is tired of minecraft being a bit TOO blocky, Faithful adds an all new look, but you can still tell what things are! (Unlike some packs...)

I give this pack a butter Posted Image
too small so two butters :D Posted Image

Ivy
    Ivy

Green Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • Curse Premium
  • 1733 posts
  • Minecraft: Ivysaur1996

Posted 20 June 2013 - 12:47 AM

View Postseivoisepic, on 19 June 2013 - 08:22 PM, said:

Edit: OMG!! I figured out how he got that lava! He used the optifine mod to turn the textures into dynamic. I installed optifine and tried this myself, but no avail. Maybe there's something in the mod's coding... Hrrmmm...
The Optifine thing doesn't work anymore; the dynamically rendered fluids/portals were removed in 1.5.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Read the rules, and don't forget to not eat your veggies

Posted Image

Raw_District
  • Minecraft: Raw_District

Posted 20 June 2013 - 01:23 AM

This texture pack is a beauty! Original minecraft texture taken to a whole new level but preserving the classic feeling :) Well done!

Drawdenion

Posted 20 June 2013 - 06:52 AM

I dont want to sound rude but for the mod support you should just put all of the mods that this texture supports into one texture pack. Or is there a way you can merge texture packs?Posted Image

FailStoner
    FailStoner

Diamond Miner

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 812 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 07:35 AM

Hey vattic what about connected textures?
Posted Image

Chickny
    Chickny

Tree Puncher

• Members
  • 14 posts
  • Minecraft: Chickny

Posted 20 June 2013 - 09:35 AM

How can I install this TP in FTB Ultimate?
(Like the name of the topic says)

Posted Image