Stykker

Obsidian Miner

• Members
  • 1219 posts
  • Xbox:Stykker

Posted 18 October 2011 - 11:08 PM

Preliminary
The following assumes you are using an legitimate Minecraft.net account
You should still be able to play throught the browser.

As a result of many threads asking the same question "Too many failed logins" I have created this thread as general help to anyone experiencing the problem. Please be patient as It is an issue only Mojang can fix.

What is the error?
The actually error is caused when an account has attempted loging in but has reached the maximum login attempt count. Although this is the original purpose, the client is currently suffering from a bug that incorrectly identifies login attempts. This can be caused by any number of client or Mojang server bugs, and is currently believed to happen more to 1.9 prerelease clients.

Things you can do
  • Make sure you are entering your password correctly and are not logging in with multiple clients at the same time.
  • Changing your password using http://www.minecraft.net/ may also resolve the issue for your account.
  • Deleting the META-INF folder in the minecraft/bin.
  • Waiting a time period of 24 hours will effectively decrease the login attempts to 0. This will be fixed if the error message is legitimate.
  • Clean installing your Minecraft will erase player data and might solve the issue. You may want to back up your saves and texture packs before doing this. To do this, simply delete your .minecraft folder and launch the Minecraft downloader/launcher.
  • If you are playing 1.9 pre release, you may be suffering from client bugs. Downgrading to 1.8 will solve this. To downgrade: follow the same steps as in solution 2, but redownload the launcher from minecraft.net
Please do not post unless you have tried ALL of the above methods, including waiting 24 hours.

To anyone experiencing this error and has not resolved it with the above Methods, it is an issue that cannot be resolved in any other way. If any new methods are discovered, I will post them as I become aware of then. Otherwise, please be patient as Mojang attempts to resolve the issue.

You may use this thread as a quick reply to anyone asking for help on this issue. Also, if you believe anything is incorrect, please contact me and I will fix immediately.

Link to this thread ***http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/724318-to-many-failed-logins-info/

Register or log in to remove.

Crislabarca
  • Minecraft: Crislabarca

Posted 18 October 2011 - 11:28 PM

Finally someone made sonething like this for the "failed: too many logins" or w/e, it was starting to get on my nerves that so many people posted about it
Posted Image

eZanto
    eZanto

Gold Miner

• Members
  • 371 posts
  • Minecraft: eZanto

Posted 18 October 2011 - 11:51 PM

1.9 prereleases? Seems like I've had a heavy amount of luck. Cause I've never had this issue before, good luck to those who got it though.

Also, it is "too many failed login attempts".
Posted Image

OpelSpeedster
  • Minecraft: OpelSpeedster

Posted 18 October 2011 - 11:52 PM

Nice job. Maybe you could create a thread showing what's the problem in all login fails. The only one I know the reason is the Bad Login problem. It means that you are using a fake(pirated) account, and is trying to enter a server with "online mode". Pirated accounts can only enter SMP servers without the online mode.

ノ(*-_-)ヽ Be Bored

worst. right arm. ever.

best trailer ever

pengun27388
  • Minecraft: penguin27388

Posted 19 October 2011 - 12:00 AM

Thank you, one thing to say though: RAGEEEEEE!!!!!! WEDSKLJWHNS>JKBK!!!!!! can't play for 24 hours!>>>!?!?!?

Shmoflo
    Shmoflo

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • Minecraft: Shmoflo

Posted 19 October 2011 - 12:40 AM

I'm using 1.8 and am having this issue. Was playing fine earlier today, shut down computer, came back and had these login issues.

Been a little over 4 hours now. Is there anyway to resolve this with out having to wait 24 hours? I want to play now, not wait around.

Crislabarca

Posted 19 October 2011 - 12:43 AM

View PostShmoflo, on 19 October 2011 - 12:40 AM, said:

I'm using 1.8 and am having this issue. Was playing fine earlier today, shut down computer, came back and had these login issues.

Been a little over 4 hours now. Is there anyway to resolve this with out having to wait 24 hours? I want to play now, not wait around.
Try deleting your minecraft.bin then re-downloading it from mincraft.net. if this doesnt work, then youll have to wait 24 hours
Posted Image

Shmoflo
    Shmoflo

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 19 October 2011 - 12:48 AM

View PostCrislabarca, on 19 October 2011 - 12:43 AM, said:

Try deleting your minecraft.bin then re-downloading it from mincraft.net. if this doesnt work, then youll have to wait 24 hours
I actually deleted the whole .minecraft folder, not thinking. Redownloaded the client tried to log in and still said to many failed logins. Now the play offline is greyed out and says not downloaded, and there is nothing in the .minecraft folder now?!?!?!

Crislabarca

Posted 19 October 2011 - 12:51 AM

View PostShmoflo, on 19 October 2011 - 12:48 AM, said:

I actually deleted the whole .minecraft folder, not thinking. Redownloaded the client tried to log in and still said to many failed logins. Now the play offline is greyed out and says not downloaded, and there is nothing in the .minecraft folder now?!?!?!
Go to minecraft.net and change your password, then try to log in using new password
Posted Image

Shmoflo
    Shmoflo

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 19 October 2011 - 12:51 AM

View PostCrislabarca, on 19 October 2011 - 12:51 AM, said:

Go to minecraft.net and change your password, then try to log in using new password
Did that as well, nothing still. This really is a pain.

Crislabarca

Posted 19 October 2011 - 12:54 AM

View PostShmoflo, on 19 October 2011 - 12:51 AM, said:

Did that as well, nothing still. This really is a pain.
You might have to use minecraft beta in browser as a last resort ( you will have to use offline) until 24 hours have passed
Posted Image

Shmoflo
    Shmoflo

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 19 October 2011 - 01:00 AM

View PostCrislabarca, on 19 October 2011 - 12:54 AM, said:

You might have to use minecraft beta in browser as a last resort ( you will have to use offline) until 24 hours have passed
So Im able to play within the web browser. Im even able to connect to my multiplayer server. So weird.

ziggo0
    ziggo0

Forum/Wiki Sponsor

• Members
  • 388 posts

Posted 19 October 2011 - 01:10 AM

Happened to me too...password is saved, just randomly started happening after a nap.
sigh...

Crislabarca

Posted 19 October 2011 - 01:37 AM

Do all of the steps listed in the guide before posting a complaint about waiting for 24 hours
Posted Image

FinnTheHuman2011
  • Minecraft: FinnTheHuman2011

Posted 19 October 2011 - 02:27 AM

All I know = Minecraft in the site doesn't approve any mods so...

I'm stuck with deafault or waiting 24 hours. AND YES. I DID EVERYTHING.

ziggo0
    ziggo0

Forum/Wiki Sponsor

• Members
  • 388 posts

Posted 19 October 2011 - 04:02 AM

View PostCrislabarca, on 19 October 2011 - 01:37 AM, said:

Do all of the steps listed in the guide before posting a complaint about waiting for 24 hours

I didn't make a complaint, I made a statement - thanks. FYI, my password hasn't been changed - nor has it ever had to be re-entered - it's clearly a problem login server side.
sigh...

Crislabarca

Posted 19 October 2011 - 04:04 AM

View Postziggo0, on 19 October 2011 - 04:02 AM, said:

I didn't make a complaint, I made a statement - thanks. FYI, my password hasn't been changed - nor has it ever had to be re-entered - it's clearly a problem login server side.
Sorry if i was misleading, but that wasnt directed at you, i simply wanted everyone to know that
Posted Image

Ribbitmeister

Posted 19 October 2011 - 04:12 AM

This also didn't work for me >.< I tried everything too. Very sad.

Crislabarca

Posted 19 October 2011 - 04:17 AM

View PostRibbitmeister, on 19 October 2011 - 04:12 AM, said:

This also didn't work for me >.< I tried everything too. Very sad.
You can play in broswer at minecraft.net for now, wait until this problem is fixed for you
Posted Image

Apollyna
    Apollyna

Zombie Killer

• Members
  • 170 posts
  • Minecraft: Apollyna

Posted 19 October 2011 - 04:12 PM

Happens to me on 1.8

EDIT - Randomly started working. I'm gonna stay logged in even if I don't play so this doesn;t happen again...

"From Apo, wif <3" :: DeviantArt :: Tumblr :: Also Apollyna on PMC!