The following assumes you are using an legitimate Minecraft.net account
You should still be able to play throught the browser.
As a result of many threads asking the same question "Too many failed logins" I have created this thread as general help to anyone experiencing the problem. Please be patient as It is an issue only Mojang can fix.
What is the error?
The actually error is caused when an account has attempted loging in but has reached the maximum login attempt count. Although this is the original purpose, the client is currently suffering from a bug that incorrectly identifies login attempts. This can be caused by any number of client or Mojang server bugs, and is currently believed to happen more to 1.9 prerelease clients.
Things you can do
- Make sure you are entering your password correctly and are not logging in with multiple clients at the same time.
- Changing your password using http://www.minecraft.net/ may also resolve the issue for your account.
- Deleting the META-INF folder in the minecraft/bin.
- Waiting a time period of 24 hours will effectively decrease the login attempts to 0. This will be fixed if the error message is legitimate.
- Clean installing your Minecraft will erase player data and might solve the issue. You may want to back up your saves and texture packs before doing this. To do this, simply delete your .minecraft folder and launch the Minecraft downloader/launcher.
- If you are playing 1.9 pre release, you may be suffering from client bugs. Downgrading to 1.8 will solve this. To downgrade: follow the same steps as in solution 2, but redownload the launcher from minecraft.net
To anyone experiencing this error and has not resolved it with the above Methods, it is an issue that cannot be resolved in any other way. If any new methods are discovered, I will post them as I become aware of then. Otherwise, please be patient as Mojang attempts to resolve the issue.
You may use this thread as a quick reply to anyone asking for help on this issue. Also, if you believe anything is incorrect, please contact me and I will fix immediately.
Link to this thread ***http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/724318-to-many-failed-logins-info/