• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

bam
    bam

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 November 2010 - 12:49 PM

9ueros is way too much money for me to spend on a game i dont even know for sure if im going to like it notch you should make it so thers a singleplayer version with less feature and have that as demo

Register or log in to remove.

Plazek
    Plazek

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 05 November 2010 - 12:53 PM

Or play the free classic version as linked at the top of the minecraft.net front page...

plastikman

Posted 05 November 2010 - 12:58 PM

bam said:

9ueros is way too much money for me to spend on a game i dont even know for sure if im going to like it notch you should make it so thers a singleplayer version with less feature and have that as demo

Making a demo for a game is tedious work and takes a long time to complete adding nothing to the game as it is now. That's one of the reasons big development companies are contemplating stopping making demos for their games aswell.

I hope Notch will restrain himself from making a demo for the survival, at least untill the game is finished.

Fluffy Tiger Plushie

Posted 05 November 2010 - 12:59 PM

Plazek said:

Or play the free classic version as linked at the top of the minecraft.net front page...

^^^

which is just a shadow of what awaits in alpha.
And like the baseless fabric of this vision, the cloud-capped towers, the gorgeous palaces, the solemn temples, the giant Screen itself, all of which we inherit shall dissolve. And, like an insubstantial pageant faded, leave not a byte behind.

gompasta
    gompasta

Void Walker

• Members
  • 1527 posts

Posted 05 November 2010 - 01:09 PM

Minecraft is actually extremely cheap. try 40-50 euros for any of the major games. If you cant spend 9 on this, then you shouldn't even be looking for a game to buy.
Posted Image
http://twitter.com/#!/Gompasta Mainly DF and Minecraft talk.

SirLondon

Posted 05 November 2010 - 01:54 PM

gompasta said:

inecraft is actually extremely cheap. try 40-50 euros for any of the major games. If you cant spend 9 on this, then you shouldn't even be looking for a game to buy.

To be honest, minecraft is both an alpha version and not a major game. Theres not much point in comparing it with complete AAA millions dollars games.

However, tough im quite broke, I spent the money on it and can say it was *well* worth it considering the time I spent on it. Another good reason to buy it now is that the price will raise when its completed (and you can play the full game if you buy it now).

gompasta
    gompasta

Void Walker

• Members
  • 1527 posts

Posted 05 November 2010 - 02:34 PM

My point is, that it ISNT a major game, and so it is extremely cheap compared to the major games.
Posted Image

edgeofblade

Posted 05 November 2010 - 02:55 PM

May I recommend the Survival Test mode... http://www.minecraft.net/survivaltest/

KrushBro
    KrushBro

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 645 posts

Posted 05 November 2010 - 03:07 PM

The OP must be a kid.

I really can't see an adult who owns a computer with an Internet connection thinking too much about 9 or 10 Euros, when compared to the cost of most things these days.
Only a kid could mistakenly think that's a lot of money.

(That and the formatting of the sentences. :P )

Krush.

Posted Image

gompasta
    gompasta

Void Walker

• Members
  • 1527 posts

Posted 05 November 2010 - 03:13 PM

Off topic: Krush, your sig looks far too much like them unimaginative banner ads, with red asterisks with a link inside
Posted Image

KrushBro
    KrushBro

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 645 posts

Posted 05 November 2010 - 07:18 PM

gompasta said:

Off topic: Krush, your sig looks far too much like them unimaginative banner ads, with red asterisks with a link inside
Eye-catching isn't it. lol

Krush.

Posted Image

gompasta
    gompasta

Void Walker

• Members
  • 1527 posts

Posted 05 November 2010 - 07:23 PM

Yeah, but it does not make me want to click it. Also, adding "Krush." when typing normally is a bit stupid. Add it in your sig? Its what it is for.
Posted Image

Stucuk
    Stucuk

Obsidian Miner

• Members
  • 1206 posts

Posted 05 November 2010 - 07:40 PM

KrushBro said:

The OP must be a kid.

I really can't see an adult who owns a computer with an Internet connection thinking too much about 9 or 10 Euros, when compared to the cost of most things these days.
Only a kid could mistakenly think that's a lot of money..

Or someone who is unemployed. When you don't have a constant stream of money to spend on Luxuries you count every penny. Given what you have said, id assume your not an Adult or you have had a Silver Spoon all your life. There are more expenses per week than the cost of Minecraft, should people feed there kids or buy Minecraft... hard choice.

Yes the Kids loose in the End.

City Builder
  • Minecraft: CityBuilder

Posted 05 November 2010 - 07:53 PM

I do have a question that somebody triggered in this thread that I seem to remember reading something about before I purchased minecraft but not sure exactly it's entirety...

When buying the game now, what does that include in the future?

I assume it includes updates until the game is in final gold release, is this correct?  Or does it actually go beyond that, into any sort of further updates to the game?  Maybe like until the 2nd version or something like that?

Thanks,
Posted Image  Minecraft Schematics at: MCSchematics.com
-A community creating Minecraft (MCedit) Schematics .  Over 180,000 Members and thousands of schematics to download

bam
    bam

Out of the Water

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 November 2010 - 09:07 PM

plastikman said:

Making a demo for a game is tedious work and takes a long time to complete adding nothing to the game as it is now. That's one of the reasons big development companies are contemplating stopping making demos for their games aswell.

I hope Notch will restrain himself from making a demo for the survival, at least untill the game is finished.
yeah i realized that after like five minutes since i posted that

@plazek the classic version is only building wich is boring

KrushBro
    KrushBro

Redstone Miner

• Members
  • 645 posts

Posted 05 November 2010 - 10:43 PM

gompasta said:

Also, adding "Krush." when typing normally is a bit stupid.
You need to visit more forums to see that it's quite normal.

Krush. <------

Posted Image

Travis
    Travis

Forum/Wiki Sponsor

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 17744 posts

Posted 06 November 2010 - 06:59 AM

Watch LP's.

Read reviews.

Look at pics.

If all of that doesn't convince you this game is awesome, maybe it just isn't for you.
Posted Image

Scent_Tree
  • Minecraft: ScentTreeDown

Posted 06 November 2010 - 07:05 AM

Buy alpha now while it's cheap

Birdoroo

Posted 06 November 2010 - 03:25 PM

City Builder said:

When buying the game now, what does that include in the future?

http://www.minecraft...prepurchase.jsp says this, at least:

Here's what you get:

* You never have to pay again!
      You get all future versions of the game, including all expansions and addons.
    * You help fund the development of Minecraft
    * Custom skins in multiplayer
    * Once you've bought the game, it's yours. No DRM.
    * Survival mode!

arbiter1171
  • Minecraft: arbiter1171

Posted 29 December 2011 - 12:02 AM

there is a demo if you have it then play the full game your demo world stays but its iether 1.0.0
You try your best but your not quite there,you get backstabbed and you say its just not fair...